gaylordfan1
10/27/2009, 09:32 PM
Whats all that about?

Collier11
10/27/2009, 09:32 PM
WOW! What an injustice, I actually feel bad for the kid

Collier11
10/27/2009, 09:37 PM
What I want to know is when is someone going to say theyve had enough and get mad and bring a Huge lawsuit. The NCAA is so fuggin corrupt and money driven, nothing good comes from this except the NCAA gets to show how powerful. I dont care if he lied, suspend him a game, two games, 3 games, then be done with it. IF he truly did nothing other than lie then this is really weak

bonkuba
10/27/2009, 09:39 PM
But........eh.....he's a Poke :D

gaylordfan1
10/27/2009, 09:43 PM
Oh, ok... I thought we were talking about J.R. Bryant. Now it makes sense.

yermom
10/27/2009, 09:50 PM
who knows what else was going on

ELP Sooner
10/27/2009, 09:53 PM
Poor kid. If he had only gone to USC none of this would matter.

nighttrain12
10/27/2009, 09:55 PM
Dumb Aggie.

hawaii 5-0
10/27/2009, 10:01 PM
Seems like a raw deal for Bryant on the surface.

Of course, who knows if he had already been paid by an Agent?

5-0

wishbonesooner
10/27/2009, 10:06 PM
Seems like there has to be more to this. I'd bet an agent is involved or they think there is.

GrapevineSooner
10/27/2009, 10:07 PM
Seems like a raw deal for Bryant on the surface.

Of course, who knows if he had already been paid by an Agent?

5-0

Holy crap, when'd you find your way over here, 5-0? :D

hawaii 5-0
10/27/2009, 10:13 PM
Holy crap, when'd you find your way over here, 5-0? :D

I lurk here daily for my Sooner Fix. I just don't post much as my post count shows. LOL

:cool: 5-0

westcoast_sooner
10/27/2009, 10:14 PM
Question is whether he would be eligible for the NFL draft? I mean, if he is, why wouldn't he at least try and figure out what his draft-day status would be and try to go, rather than put up with the NCAA nonsense?

Collier11
10/27/2009, 10:24 PM
He is as good as gone according to Trabers sources, take that for what its worth. Also, Gottlieb (I think) said that all he did was lie about the meeting and the ncaa wanted to make a statement that it wasnt ok.

Obviously I dont know for certain, just what ive heard

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 10:30 PM
too bad he will be in the NFL

rawlingsHOH
10/27/2009, 10:37 PM
that;s a shame

rainiersooner
10/27/2009, 10:49 PM
Big break for Texas this Saturday.

prrriiide
10/28/2009, 12:37 AM
What I want to know is when is someone going to say theyve had enough and get mad and bring a Huge lawsuit. The NCAA is so fuggin corrupt and money driven, nothing good comes from this except the NCAA gets to show how powerful. I dont care if he lied, suspend him a game, two games, 3 games, then be done with it. IF he truly did nothing other than lie then this is really weak

Already in the works. Looks like we might finally get a look at exactly how the inner workings go in the schidtbag.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4598837

"We feel strongly that our private information should not be subject to public records laws," NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn said Tuesday.

Why? What are they afraid of? Anything pertaining to specific students is already redacted under federal privacy laws. Why would they need to keep their deliberations and memos/e-mails/testimony records confidential? Could it be because they routinely ignore even the basics of evidentiary processes? Is it because the words "due process" would then be applied to them the same as they are to any other institution?

Further, the NCAA requires member institutions to pay nominal annual dues as part of the right of participation. If that money comes from a state institution, most states are going to require that any records pertaining to an institution arising as a result of those dues being paid should be covered under the various open records and sunshine laws. In addition, the NCAA requires applicant institutions to submit a $25,000 applications fee at the time an application for NCAA membership is submitted. If that's state money, the NCAA is going to have to abide by open record laws.

Coup de gras:

Oklahoma open records act

Definitions. As used in this act:
1. “Record”

means all documents, including, but not limited to, any book, paper, photograph, microfilm, data files created by or used with computer software, computer tape, disk, and record, sound recording, film recording, video record or other material regardless of physical form or characteristic , created by, received by, under the authority of, or coming into the custody, control or possession of public officials, public bodies, or their representatives in connection with the transaction of public business, the expenditure of public funds or the administering of public property.

2. “Public body”
shall include, but not be limited to, any office, department, board, bureau, commission, agency, trusteeship, authority, council, committee, trust or any entity created by a trust, county, city, village, town, township, district, school district, fair board, court, executive office, advisory group, task force, study group, or any subdivision thereof, supported in whole or in part by public funds or entrusted with the expenditure of public funds or administering or operating public property, and all committees, or subcommittees thereof.

ALL documents. As I read the law, as soon as the NCAA turns their findings over to a representative from a public university, they are a matter of public record.

But what I would really like to see is someone go after the NCAA under the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.

SGT Park3R
10/28/2009, 02:31 AM
Poor kid. If he had only gone to USC none of this would matter.

I must say that was hilarious!

EnragedOUfan
10/28/2009, 03:08 AM
Kind of ridiculous on how the NCAA can strike hard with this nonsense. Yes, I 100% agree that because he knowlingly lied, he should be punished. But come on, they can strike hard on Bryant but let USC slip under the radar especially with the whole Reggie Bush mess.... A shame it is.

EnragedOUfan
10/28/2009, 03:15 AM
I must say that was hilarious!

SGT Park3r, I think its a d@mn shame that any Sooner fan or fan of an opposing team would give you a negative rating while you're downrange fighting a war. Just my opinion. Come home safe brother.

SGT Park3R
10/28/2009, 04:06 AM
SGT Park3r, I think its a d@mn shame that any Sooner fan or fan of an opposing team would give you a negative rating while you're downrange fighting a war. Just my opinion. Come home safe brother.

Is that what the 'red' means? Don't know.

In one thread I was inquiring why a Baylor guy was posting in an OU forum (and I wasn't rude) and someone warned me to leave him alone after that one inquiry. All I can think of is some guys really do have a menstral cycle.

Unfortunately all teams have dumba** fans. Maybe that was one of ours.

But thanks for the support bro. I appreciate it.

OUHOMER
10/28/2009, 05:10 AM

Fixed ;)

okienole3
10/28/2009, 06:34 AM
Surely there is more than meets the eye on this one. But, with the NCAA you never know.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1XVUdraxgKc/Ru_LAq546SI/AAAAAAAAAQs/KHsbdgVeNI8/s320/boz186qr%5B1%5D.jpg

OU4LIFE
10/28/2009, 09:04 AM
IF he truly did nothing other than lie

*ahem*

OU4LIFE
10/28/2009, 09:05 AM
who knows what else was going on

*raises hand*

Collier11
10/28/2009, 09:12 AM
OK, well if he did something other than lie about his meeting with Sanders then please tell, im not saying you are wrong, just that is all ive heard. What else did the guy do?

On the usc matter, we all know because of the utter fairness of the ncaa that usc wont go punished til Pete Carroll is gone that way no one that was actually involved will be punished but the school will be

SGT Park3R
10/28/2009, 09:19 AM
So Bryant did more then lie? I'm confused.

cjames317
10/28/2009, 11:00 AM
Here's an interesting research project. What document(s) do public universities sign indicating their agreement to subject themselves and their students to all the NCAA's crap anyway?

badger
10/28/2009, 11:20 AM
OSU: Stop cheating!
OU: Stop lying!
(pause)
OSU: Grrrrrr....

:D

Collier11
10/28/2009, 11:23 AM
Here's an interesting research project. What document(s) do public universities sign indicating their agreement to subject themselves and their students to all the NCAA's crap anyway?

Clearing house probably covers the athletes wouldnt it? As well as universities being NCAA certified? Just a guess

beer4me
10/28/2009, 11:56 AM
Anybody know if OP is in melt down?? I don't go there at all that orange gives me a migraine. But was just wundern if it was in melt mode.

Collier11
10/28/2009, 12:00 PM
I hope so

beer4me
10/28/2009, 12:01 PM
I hope so

:D :D

Collier11
10/28/2009, 12:11 PM
I went over there, I saw about 6 or 7 threads on the 1st page. One was thanking Todd Mcshay for sticking up for Bryant, one was bashing BBJ because he said it was fair, they said I bet he wouldnt say that if Bryant were a Sooner, lol.

The rest were just about the situation

badger
10/28/2009, 12:26 PM
I think we can understand what they're going through - they lost their best player. Their SI coverboy. Their top 10 draft pick. He is GONE! He is going to the NFL! He is history!

Of course, OU fans can take solace in the fact that our best player was lost to injury, playing the game he loved, while OSU's best player was lost to the seventh commandment :D

(or sixth commandment, depending on which translation you use, lol)

Collier11
10/28/2009, 12:38 PM
SI curse lives on

Rhino
10/28/2009, 01:07 PM
Dear Andrew Oliver,

Here's your $750,000. Also, your school is screwed forever.

**** you.

xoxo,
NCAA

beer4me
10/28/2009, 01:15 PM
Well I am just surpised that they haven't blamed OU for this yet.

Course there is still time :D

ouleaf
10/28/2009, 05:43 PM
I personally think he should have served maybe a 2 or 3 game suspension at most if all he did was lie about a meeting with Sanders.

However I do agree that it is better to just rule him ineligible now with proof that he did lie to the NCAA and let him go through an appeals process to see if he can be re-instated later on in the season. This way the NCAA can further investigate the issue at hand as well as any other issues that aren't public knowledge, and then decide on a final ruling.

I think if the NCAA just said from the beginning that he was suspended for a few games, and it later turns out that he maybe lied about more than just the meeting with Sanders, then we'd have to go through the whole "Vacating Wins" debacle b/c Bryant played in the remaining games this season when he should have been ineligible.

So in that regard I do think it is a smart move to declare him ineligible for now and the case can be investigated completely.

badger
10/28/2009, 05:56 PM
How can Dez attend his classes at Oklahoma State University if he is off recording an interview in Dallas?

How can Dez regain his eligibility if he is just an athlete now and not a student?

:confused:

:D

stoopified
10/28/2009, 06:14 PM
But........eh.....he's a PUKE :Dfixed

Collier11
10/28/2009, 07:17 PM
According to Traber Dez lied about several different things and lied several times, like him or not Traber does have his sources at puke state. He is saying the lying is still all that he knows of that he did but he did it repeatedly

TXBOOMER
10/28/2009, 07:23 PM
If Gundy had a sack he would come out and dismiss him from the team. He royally F'ed the team over by losing his eligibility.

ouwapiti
10/28/2009, 08:11 PM
betcha there's a WHOLE can of worms

badger
11/5/2009, 01:07 PM
College football: Bye, bye Dez. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20091105_93_0_OKLAHO715282)

Lost final appeal.

picasso
11/5/2009, 01:12 PM
Crazy season here. We lose Gresh and Sam and the Pokes lose Bryant and Hunter.
Granted the Pokes players got in more games but it's just been a nightmare.

goingoneight
11/5/2009, 06:01 PM
Dear OSU fans,

How do you like your crow?

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 06:14 PM
No kidding. Weren't several of them talking crap about Mike's eligibility problem?

misplaced_sooner
11/6/2009, 04:10 AM
I get the kid lied. HOWEVER, the kid from Florida attempts to gouge the eyes of an opposing player the NCdoubleazzholes could care less?

Something seems very wrong with that............

OU4LIFE
11/6/2009, 08:25 AM
please already, everyone knows the kid didn't just 'lie'.

They just aren't making public the real reasons. Who srsly can't see that?