PDA

View Full Version : More Leachisms

Scott D
10/27/2009, 03:26 PM
Only Leach could get away with the "fat little girlfriends" thing.

“As coaches, we failed to make our coaching points more compelling than (the players’) fat little girlfriends,’’ Leach said. “Fat little girlfriends have some obvious advantages. For one thing, their fat little girlfriends are telling them what they want to hear, which is how great you are and how easy it’s going to be.’’

Tech was a three-touchdown favorite and lost 52-30 to the Aggies, ending the Red Raiders’ 12-game home winning streak and knocking them out of the major national rankings.

Leach said he’ll do all he can to keep another letdown from happening.

“As coaches, we have to solve our failure on reaching them, and the players have to listen,’’ Leach said. “I’m willing to go to fairly amazing lengths to try to make that happen. I don’t know if I’ll be successful this week or not, but I am going to try and there will be some people inconvenienced, and if it happens to be their fat little girlfriends, too bad.’’

Linebacker Bront Bird said “you could see in people’s eyes’’ during pre-game warmups that they weren’t ready to play.

“To me, we had a lot of guys excited to win, but we didn’t have a lot of guys that were excited to play the game,’’ Bird said.

Pillow talk

It’s no secret that Tech coach Mike Leach and Kansas coach Mark Mangino are well-acquainted since they worked together on Bob Stoops’ offensive staff at Oklahoma in 1999.

With his and Mangino’s teams getting ready to square off this week, Leach came up with a colorful way to describe how well-acquainted they are.

“I know Mark pretty well, and he’s a friend of mine,’’ Leach said. “Anybody that you have slumber parties with on the floor of the University of Oklahoma athletic complex outside your office… . You know, we slept in our offices when we first got there. There’d be nights of coffee, microwave popcorn and film. Well, film until Howard Stern came on.

“He’s a fantastic guy. He’s got great energy. He’s got passion for the game. I think Kansas the program has benefited as a result of that.’’

Kansas started 5-0, climbing to No. 15 in the USA Today coaches poll, but dropped from the rankings after losses to Colorado and Oklahoma the last two weeks.

The Jayhawks haven’t had a three-game losing streak since 2006, when they lost four in a row.

sooner59
10/27/2009, 03:29 PM
I love it when they put a microphone in front of Leach.

Collier11
10/27/2009, 03:39 PM
If it hurts someones feelings then it is usually true, I love Leach

GottaHavePride
10/27/2009, 03:53 PM
Sweet jeebus, I love Mike Leach.

SoonerLaw09
10/27/2009, 04:03 PM
I wonder what prompted the "fat little" gf comments. Those adjectives must have some basis in truth. Maybe he's referencing certain female individuals with similar body types hanging around the sand-aggy athletic dorms?

KantoSooner
10/27/2009, 04:06 PM
I think the appropriate comment is: "Yarh!" Or perhaps, "Avast!" or something else piratish.

SoonerLB
10/27/2009, 04:10 PM
I wonder what prompted the "fat little" gf comments. Those adjectives must have some basis in truth. Maybe he's referencing certain female individuals with similar body types hanging around the sand-aggy athletic dorms?

Or possibly a fat lineman that likes to wear fat little gf makeup........;)

badger
10/27/2009, 04:43 PM
You know how they sometimes mic players during football games?

They need to mic Mikey. I don't think he would agree to it - too many secrets for him to be giving away - but it would still be awesome.

Scott D
10/27/2009, 05:02 PM

it was in response to a question about whether or not Tech was overconfident going into the aTm game last weekend. I think they were 2 or 3 TD favorites.

OUmillenium
10/27/2009, 07:28 PM
Leach cusses like a sailor, I mean a Pirate, during the game. No way he could be miked. When we were plaing them at Norman in the early 2000s, ABCs mike got to close and he was pzt at a ref and dropped 2 "THATS FKN HORSESHT!"...loud and uncensored, I still have it on tape and my wife loves to tell that story.

IronHorseSooner
10/27/2009, 07:43 PM
I loved his response last year after OUr game with him, and the sideline reporter asked him who he thought was better between us and *. He said something to the effect that we were because "we just kicked his @$$!" The reporter's just had a look like he had been hit in the face!

proud gonzo
10/27/2009, 07:47 PM
heeheeeee

unbiasedtruth
10/27/2009, 07:56 PM
Tulsa - Boise State game when the Tulsa HC went off on the side judge after some sort of bench penalty because a coach bumped into him calling the timeout you didnt need a microphone.... read his lips plain as day..... thats frigging bullmanure, you call is frigging bullmanure..... sorta like that.... I loved it and the side judge just stood there and took it.....

msteudem
10/27/2009, 10:34 PM
Wonder if he meant phat? I like it better as fat though. Leach needs to have his own sitcom one day similiar to Seinfeld. That would be so cool.

beer4me
10/28/2009, 07:36 AM
You just gotta love Leach never a dull moment :)

badger
10/28/2009, 08:25 AM
Sideline Reporter: So you started off strong and finished strong. Inbetween, not so much?

Mike Leach: Yeah, inbetween not worth a d@mn...

Sideline Reporter: How is (whatever their injured QB's name is)

Mike Leach: ... I dunno! (runs to locker room)

Best. Halftime. Interview. EVER.

Widescreen
10/28/2009, 09:43 AM
Sideline Reporter: So you started off strong and finished strong. Inbetween, not so much?

Mike Leach: Yeah, inbetween not worth a d@mn...

Sideline Reporter: How is (whatever their injured QB's name is)

Mike Leach: ... I dunno! (runs to locker room)

Best. Halftime. Interview. EVER.

It was the way he said "I don't know" that made it such a classic. His tone was "how would I know that, moron?". :D

iwannabelikesam
10/28/2009, 01:09 PM
I can't stand fat little texas tech. I can't stand the fat little university, I can't stand their fat little fans, I can't stand the fat little town of lubbock, etc.

But, I do love fat little Leach! The greatest fat little personality in college football. I love it!

tulsaoilerfan
10/28/2009, 09:48 PM
Well hell, who doesn't love em some fat chicks?

SicEmBaylor
10/28/2009, 09:52 PM
I have friends at/went to OU, OSU, UT, Texas Tech, hell I even have a few friends at Aggie. But I have never ever met someone from Texas Tech that I didn't like.

Tech is great and so is Leach.

Collier11
10/28/2009, 10:03 PM
Ive heard nothing good about Techs fans...ever!

SicEmBaylor
10/28/2009, 10:06 PM
Ive heard nothing good about Techs fans...ever!

They're *******s, but they're honest *******s and I can respect that.

Now, Aggie on the other hand are just as *******ish as Tech fans but they're delusional enough to believe they're the classiest fans in the Big XII. **** Aggie.

sooners2win
10/28/2009, 11:03 PM
I love Mike Leach also, if Bob ever leaves.............I'm just sayin! Bring him back!

SanJoaquinSooner
11/4/2009, 07:11 PM
c6brYtuPX-Q

Only at Texas Tech, because it's located in the middle of nowhere. Only Tech would hire Bobby Knight when he was toxic.

Saying it four times, he can't say, "oh slip of the tongue - sorry." Some schools would relieve him of his duties.

That said, I wish he were our offense coordinator.

bluedogok
11/4/2009, 11:09 PM
Leach was on tonight's Friday Night Lights episode. He was at a gas station over by the Austin airport, he asked Coach Taylor how to get to Lubbock then told him that he needs to "find his inner pirate". It was classic Leach and pretty humorous.

VA Sooner
11/4/2009, 11:48 PM
I have to admit... really ballsy of Leach to talk about players' fat girlfriends to the media like he did.

Ha! I like his style.

GKeeper316
11/4/2009, 11:58 PM
you know how them black dudes likes thier wimmins... the bigger, the better.

just ask chef.

badger
11/13/2009, 11:43 AM
Mike Leach is at it again... opening his mouth, that is.

This time, he reflects on the awesomeness of Josh, Jason and Nate.

"They were pretty good," Leach said. "I need a few more like those guys."

More here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091113_92_B1_CahMke203319)

sooners2win
11/13/2009, 11:57 PM
c6brYtuPX-Q

Only at Texas Tech, because it's located in the middle of nowhere. Only Tech would hire Bobby Knight when he was toxic.

Saying it four times, he can't say, "oh slip of the tongue - sorry." Some schools would relieve him of his duties.

That said, I wish he were our offense coordinator.

Well, some schools would be stupid then, and the wusses could stick in their fat little corn holes!

sooner59
11/14/2009, 12:41 AM
I just saw the whole Texas Tech football team at Harkins in Bricktown. Most were watching 2012, along with Ruffin McNeil. Didn't see Leach. He was probably watching The Men Who Stare at Goats or something.

Flagstaffsooner
11/14/2009, 04:55 AM
Didn't see Leach. He was probably watching The Men Who Stare at Goats or something.:D

delhalew
11/14/2009, 11:16 AM
I heard an inteview were Leach was asked, "since your fat little girlfriend comments have you had to watch your back around the women of Lubbock?"

Leach answers, "One of the reasons I love living in Texas is that the women here have a self esteem that won't allow them to be overly upset by a comment like that".

As bizarre as that guy is he could talk his way out of anything.

Someone should put together a comprehensive collection of Leachisms, audio clips and video were available.

Piware
11/14/2009, 04:03 PM
I loved it that he made Dean Blevins want to tear his hair out. When he was still in Oklahoma, Blevins tried to interview him. After blowing off Deanie's first few goofy questions, Leach suggested they wander over to O'Connels and throw a few back.

Leach threw several back, Dean got so frustrated he just gave up. I speculate that most everything Leach said was either (a) over Blevins' head intellectually or (b) Leach was just yanking him around for the fun of it.

This anecdote shared with me by a former server at O'Connells who also thought it was a hoot.

bluedogok
11/14/2009, 08:18 PM
As bizarre as that guy is he could talk his way out of anything.
That could be his lawyer background.

badger
11/15/2009, 12:55 AM
Wonder what he'll say after this game... this is what he said last time he was in Stilly:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKKhRJRxAJo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKKhRJRxAJo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Petro-Sooner
11/15/2009, 01:00 AM
Love that guy!!

delhalew
11/15/2009, 01:02 AM
whatever he says...it'll be good.