PDA

View Full Version : Mod Car Roadtest

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0912_hennessey_camaro_speedfactory_challenger_ shelby_gt500_comparison/index.html

http://image.motortrend.com/f/25453421+w750/hennessey-camaro-shelby-GT500-super-snake-speedfactory-challenger-front-view-static.jpg

StoopTroup
10/27/2009, 10:53 AM
That reminds me...I need to get a lotto ticket today. Thanks.

Oldnslo
10/27/2009, 11:34 AM
Doesn't Dean call anything that doesn't have a bed and tailgate a "fagmobile"?

proud gonzo
10/27/2009, 12:28 PM
Top Gear > Motor trend

C&CDean
10/27/2009, 01:31 PM
Doesn't Dean call anything that doesn't have a bed and tailgate a "fagmobile"?

Oh nay. You cut me to the quick.

I call anything that has "BMW, AUDI, PORSCHE, VW, SAAB, VOLVO, FIAT, MG, TRIUMPH, YUGO, PT CRUISER, MIATA, and SMART on it's grill a fagmobile. Well not just a fagmobile, but a POS fagmobile.

Muscle cars are alright. Of course the only one I'd own is a Dodge Viper - or maybe a Z06 Corvette. Or maybe a Mustang Saleen. Maybe.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/27/2009, 01:36 PM

I call anything that has "BMW, AUDI, PORSCHE, VW, SAAB, VOLVO, FIAT, MG, TRIUMPH, YUGO, PT CRUISER, MIATA, and SMART on it's grill a fagmobile. Well not just a fagmobile, but a POS fagmobile.

Muscle cars are alright. Of course the only one I'd own is a Dodge Viper - or maybe a Z06 Corvette. Or maybe a Mustang Saleen. Maybe.

Thank god I own a Honda and a Toyota :D

yermom
10/27/2009, 01:52 PM
Dean needs a ride in my Subaru one of these days :D

i've never really heard great things about the Viper. those Z06/ZR1 Vettes sound pretty sweet though. of course you have to be Dean's age to buy one, i think ;)

KABOOKIE
10/27/2009, 01:59 PM
I could buy one of those cars if I had a dollar for every redneck at the Texas State Fair I heard saying, "Hey! That dere new Camaro is one sahweet car!"

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/27/2009, 02:12 PM
I could buy one of those cars if I had a dollar for every redneck at the Texas State Fair I heard saying, "Hey! That dere new Camaro is one sahweet car!"

Over/under how many years until we see a new Camaro on blocks in front of a trailer park in east Texas?

C&CDean
10/27/2009, 03:16 PM
Dean needs a ride in my Subaru one of these days :D

i've never really heard great things about the Viper. those Z06/ZR1 Vettes sound pretty sweet though. of course you have to be Dean's age to buy one, i think ;)

Why? I didn't list it, but is it a fagmobile too?:texan:

The Viper pretty much slams all the competition in overall performance every year. It's a ****ing beast. The knocks? Uncomfortable, hard to handle the raw HP, and the sound of the V-10.

I've driven one, but I wasn't in it long enough to get uncomfy. Of course I wouldn't be cruising it down the highway anyhow. Of all the hot cars, I think the Viper looks the best. Hell, it looks like it's doing 180 when it's sitting in the parking lot.

GottaHavePride
10/27/2009, 03:31 PM
I like the Viper, Dean, but I'd still take the V-12 Aston-Martin first. ;)

C&CDean
10/27/2009, 03:37 PM
I like the Viper, Dean, but I'd still take the V-12 Aston-Martin first. ;)

Dude, you've gotta trust me on those European cars. They all suck. The only vehicle ever built over there that is even semi-decent is the VW - and it's still got lots of issues.

Maseratis, Lambourghinis, Aston-Martins, and even Rolls-Royces are POS. Yes, fine motoring vehicles.......when they're running.......which ain't very often.

And somehow, I left Mercedes off my original POS list. My bad. They belong at the top.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2009, 03:45 PM

the saleen mustang is now owned by steeda. they haven't debuted a mustang in a couple of years, but one is in the works. the steeda mustang is here

http://www.steeda.com/news/steeda_news/09-30-09-2010-steeda-q-series.php

however, steve saleen does seem to have created a new company - sms mustangs

http://www.smssupercars.com/460.html

then there is the roush stage 3 - it has the same HP/Torque as the factory GT500 but it uses the smaller 4.6L powerplant.

http://www.roushperformance.com/performance_vehicles/ford/mustang/2010/stage_3.shtml

C&CDean
10/27/2009, 03:50 PM
Cool jkm. Of all the "retro" cars, I like the Mustang best, and they have a lot more options.

I like the looks of the Challenger too, but alas, it's a Chrysler product. The Camaro looks OK, but it doesn't say "Camaro" to me at all.

GottaHavePride
10/27/2009, 03:59 PM
The Challenger looks like what they SHOULD have done when the Charger came out.

Of course, the big complaint I usually hear about the challenger is that it steers like a brick.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2009, 04:01 PM
i like the challenger but they might as well have tossed a v6 in it. it has a 300ish HP plant in a 4400 lb car. the camaro is a deathtrap. it has more blind spots than any car i have ever sat in.

AlbqSooner
10/27/2009, 08:35 PM
My ex wife had a camaro. The weight distribution is all wrong. They tend to switch ends VERY easily.

TheBobbyTrain
10/28/2009, 11:47 AM
The Viper pretty much slams all the competition in overall performance every year. It's a ****ing beast.

except for the Corvette ZR-1

Condescending Sooner
10/28/2009, 01:00 PM
I have a challenger and really like it. It rides smooth, and handles just fine for most needs. It is a lot more interior room than the Camaro, and looks more retro imo. The Mustang is just too small, and there are too many of them. JKM, the RT has 375 horses and the SRT has 425, I don't know where you came up with 300.

yermom
10/28/2009, 01:02 PM
i'm not really a Dodge guy, but the new Challenger looks awesome. they were right on with the styling of that thing

StoopTroup
10/28/2009, 01:05 PM
That the thing about Chrysler. Their stuff looks great. 40,000 miles down the road...they look great in the junk yard.

Condescending Sooner
10/28/2009, 01:22 PM
That the thing about Chrysler. Their stuff looks great. 40,000 miles down the road...they look great in the junk yard.

Mine has a lifetime power train warranty. So I have that going for me.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2009, 01:38 PM
I have a challenger and really like it. It rides smooth, and handles just fine for most needs. It is a lot more interior room than the Camaro, and looks more retro imo. The Mustang is just too small, and there are too many of them. JKM, the RT has 375 horses and the SRT has 425, I don't know where you came up with 300.

300ish is referring to at the wheels, which is important since its got 3.06 rear gears. i'll bet that car just lugs out of the gate something fierce.

Condescending Sooner
10/28/2009, 01:52 PM
If you want to list the challenger's HP at the wheel, list the others at the wheel as well. Oh, and the weight you listed is about 360 pounds too high.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2009, 02:09 PM
a) i didn't list any other HPs so i'm not sure what your crank is about
b) the article DOES list their HP at the wheel
c) the only other cars i talked about were the mustang mods which run between 450-480 HP at the wheel.