:D

nighttrain12
10/27/2009, 12:44 AM
Please draft Sam Bradford
your a decent team
he is Indian
you are Indian

:D

I've seen games on TV in previous years where the Redskins 'mascot' on the horse was a 'black guy'. That organization has no shame. Let the Cowboys draft him and after Romo fails to get a playoff win this season and next, Jerruh Jones will be ready to give Sam a try (after a few years of being groomed).

Collier11
10/27/2009, 12:57 AM
Jlew, you crack me up everytime

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 01:06 AM
Jlew, you crack me up everytime

lol

yah, but the Skins are a real possibility for Sam

or even Carolina

not horrible teams, but not great

pappy
10/27/2009, 01:13 AM
I'd like him to go to carolina...jake delhomme is sucking. it would be a good fit for him as a rookie playing on a team that has 2 really talented rb's to carry the load and wr steve smith is a stud.

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2009, 01:14 AM
I want him to somehow end up in Minnesota so they can continue their efforts to build an all-Sooner team.

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 01:16 AM
I want him to somehow end up in Minnesota so they can continue their efforts to build an all-Sooner team.

that would get my first vote

I'd probably become somewhat of a Viking fan, if that happened

and I've never became a fan of teams that had sooners.. (just b/c they were on the team)

but i would make an exception in this case

John Kochtoston
10/27/2009, 01:16 AM
lol

yah, but the Skins are a real possibility for Sam

or even Carolina

not horrible teams, but not great

The Redskins stink on ice.

Sincerely,

The guy who forgives Joe Theismann for 1) being the worst color voice in football and 2) going to Notre Dame because he led the 'Skins to a Super Bowl title.

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 01:18 AM
not doing so hot right now

still got an above average defense

they just need a Sammy!

John Kochtoston
10/27/2009, 01:24 AM
not doing so hot right now

still got an above average defense

DeSean Jackson says different.

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2009, 01:25 AM
that would get my first vote

I'd probably become somewhat of a Viking fan, if that happened

and I've never became a fan of teams that had sooners.. (just b/c they were on the team)

but i would make an exception in this case

I don't even watch the NFL at all, but one or 2 more Sooners on that team, particularly Sam, and I think I'd have to start drinking on Sunday afternoons too. :D

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 01:32 AM
DeSean Jackson says different.

hope u picked him up for Fantasy

sooner59
10/27/2009, 02:16 AM
....Please throw the ball to Malcolm Kelly.

Ton Loc
10/27/2009, 07:21 AM
Jim Zorn is a horrible coach. So please do not let them pick up Sam if he's still there. Actually, don't let them ever get Sam. I can't remember the last time they had a decent coach, the owner is a crazy person who makes terrible decisions, and their o-line sucks.

kevpks
10/27/2009, 08:07 AM
I'm pulling for the Rams to get him. It is time to bring back the greatest show on turf.

primetime43
10/27/2009, 08:12 AM
I'd like him to go to carolina...jake delhomme is sucking. it would be a good fit for him as a rookie playing on a team that has 2 really talented rb's to carry the load and wr steve smith is a stud.

I think the 49ers have Carolina's first round pick.

primetime43
10/27/2009, 08:14 AM
Jim Zorn is a horrible coach. So please do not let them pick up Sam if he's still there. Actually, don't let them ever get Sam. I can't remember the last time they had a decent coach, the owner is a crazy person who makes terrible decisions, and their o-line sucks.

I think they'll get a good coach in the offseason. Possiblities are Shannahan, Gruden, Cowher.

swardboy
10/27/2009, 08:17 AM
Sam's dropping a few places in the draft could be the best thing that's ever happened to him.......well, the Heisman wasn't a bad gig either.

flopshotjoe99
10/27/2009, 08:18 AM
Danny Snyder doesn't deserve Sam.

virginiasooner
10/27/2009, 09:52 AM
As someone who lives in the Washington DC area, I can verify that the Redskins are a total train wreck. Go to the Washington Post website and search "tickets longtime fan lawsuit" and read the ugly details of the Washington Redskins SUING longtime fans who can no longer afford their tickets and have had to declare bankruptcy. Daniel Snyder turns gold into fools gold. WORST. OWNER. EVER. The anger of the fans is unbelieveable. And to top it off, Fedex Field is a dump, even though it is only 10 years old. It was built cheaply, and it's already showing its age. And from what I've read, the "fan experience" is a joke. That stadium has OBSTRUCTED VIEWS. What 10 year old stadium has obstructed views? And at one point Snyder wanted people to take shuttle buses from the closest Metro station (about a mile away) rather than walk (Snyder gets a cut of the money). At one point, Snyder got Prince George's County to forbid people to cross a street. Someone sued, and that rule was quickly rescinded.

There's a lot more to what an incompetent jerk Snyder is. I haven't even touched on Vinnie Cerrato, the Vice President of Football Operations (in other words, Danny's hatchet boy).

Sam, please don't come here. Go to someplace with a decent offensive line, and an owner who signs checks and leaves the football to those who know what they are doing.

Crimson Kid
10/27/2009, 10:09 AM

I'm with you.

SunnySooner
10/27/2009, 10:09 AM
If Minnesota gets Sam, they will be the Oklahoma Vikings and I will go get one of those funky helmets with the horns and braids. But I bet he goes to St. Louis.

Collier11
10/27/2009, 10:18 AM
^Barf, the Rams are horrible

TMcGee86
10/27/2009, 10:19 AM
gag, anywhere but the deadskins.

I can't take much more of my favs going to teams I hate.

SoonerLaw09
10/27/2009, 10:54 AM
Just say no to the foreskins. Plzkthx.

Okay, here's the current standings in the Slingin' Sammy lotto:

1. Rams -- They suck. Oh my how they suck. But I'm not sure how much of it is Bulger's fault. Still, they might take Sammy as the aforementioned "project", for when the team gets decent again.

2. Titans -- Oh, yeah, they suck too. But they really look dysfunctional, I think Fisher may have lost it. Could be a really bad situation. They also have no receivers.

3. Bucs -- Maybe the best situation personnel-wise on the Offense. They clearly have some talent, but need a QB (Byron Leftwich ain't it). The problem here is their D, which is swiss cheese.

4. Lions -- they already have their guy, and indications are they are getting better.

5. Browns -- Two young QBs already, dunno if they want a 3rd. But, if Sammy gets there and starts showing his stuff, he could slide into the starting spot early. Rest of the personnel is kinda suspect, tho. Jamal Lewis is on his last legs.

6. Chefs -- Couldn't score in a brothel. Again, if Sammy gets in there and impresses, he could be the guy. Be nice if they had some weapons for him to use. Similar situation to the Browns.

All in all, for Sammy's long-term viability, I think Tampa Bay presents the best situation, followed by the Rams.

TUSooner
10/27/2009, 10:59 AM
I hope he does not go to Carolina or Tampa Bay because I would have to root against him sometimes on account of the Saints being in the NFC South with those teams. (Atlanta has a QB, so no worries there.)

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 11:51 AM
I think they'll get a good coach in the offseason. Possiblities are Shannahan, Gruden, Cowher.

exactly

JLEW1818
10/27/2009, 11:56 AM
here is my boy Walters updated Mock draft

some pretty interesting picks

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

John Kochtoston
10/27/2009, 01:27 PM
As someone who lives in the Washington DC area, I can verify that the Redskins are a total train wreck. Go to the Washington Post website and search "tickets longtime fan lawsuit" and read the ugly details of the Washington Redskins SUING longtime fans who can no longer afford their tickets and have had to declare bankruptcy. Daniel Snyder turns gold into fools gold. WORST. OWNER. EVER. The anger of the fans is unbelieveable. And to top it off, Fedex Field is a dump, even though it is only 10 years old. It was built cheaply, and it's already showing its age. And from what I've read, the "fan experience" is a joke. That stadium has OBSTRUCTED VIEWS. What 10 year old stadium has obstructed views? And at one point Snyder wanted people to take shuttle buses from the closest Metro station (about a mile away) rather than walk (Snyder gets a cut of the money). At one point, Snyder got Prince George's County to forbid people to cross a street. Someone sued, and that rule was quickly rescinded.

There's a lot more to what an incompetent jerk Snyder is. I haven't even touched on Vinnie Cerrato, the Vice President of Football Operations (in other words, Danny's hatchet boy).

Sam, please don't come here. Go to someplace with a decent offensive line, and an owner who signs checks and leaves the football to those who know what they are doing.

I agree with most of this, though I thought FedEx wasn't all that bad (we had good seats, so that might have skewed my perspective). I've also heard talk of renovating and expanding RFK, which is what should have happened in the first place.

The fact that FedEx is so far removed from a Metro Station is an issue, for sure. Suing fans for not being able to afford tix was also a class move.:rolleyes:

I've heard talk that a real owner might be looking to buy the Redskins, which would be nice. Though I don't think Snyder would sell unless someone forced his hand.

It's really hard to blame Cerrato for this, since he's just Snyder's puppet/racquetball partner.

Still, it would be nice to have a QB that could actually throw the ball to Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas, Chris Cooley etc. instead of guys in green jerseys.

sooner59
10/27/2009, 01:29 PM
Travis Lewis 1st round?

Marshawn Gilyard 3rd round?

Interesting.

virginiasooner
10/27/2009, 02:04 PM
Hey John, RFK will never be expanded. For one thing, it's owned by DC, and what city in these economic times have $50 million to fund a stadium renovation?

And Snyder will never sell. Owning a sports franchise is a license to print money. And it's easy to blame Cerrato when he publicly emasculates the head coach on his radio show (giving the play calling to Sherm Lewis, the former bingo caller).

goingoneight
10/27/2009, 02:10 PM
Dear Minnesota Vikings,

Favre won't last forever. Check into this Sam Bradshaw cat.

tommieharris91
10/27/2009, 02:22 PM
I hope he does not go to Carolina or Tampa Bay because I would have to root against him sometimes on account of the Saints being in the NFC South with those teams. (Atlanta has a QB, so no worries there.)

Tampa bay drafted a QB with their 1st round pick in April. I think they said they want to give him the starting gig sometime this season, too.

prrriiide
10/27/2009, 02:49 PM
I think that, under pressure from above, Fisher will play Little Vinny Young a lot more the rest of the season. The Titans owner will see that he is not the future of the franchise after all and will remove some of his eggs from that basket by drafting Sam to take over after Collins is "retired" after the 2010 season. Vinny will be converted to a wildcat back and relegated to 3rd down and trickeration situations. The way their season has been, I have been half suspecting that this was their plan all along.

illinisooner
10/27/2009, 02:51 PM
He'll go to Seattle.

TUSooner
10/27/2009, 02:57 PM
Tampa bay drafted a QB with their 1st round pick in April. I think they said they want to give him the starting gig sometime this season, too.

Oh... That proves I am so poor I can't even pay attention. :O

SoonerLaw09
10/27/2009, 03:07 PM

You are kidding, right? Josh freakin' Freeman? Oh he lit it up at K-State all right. Sorry, but NFL defenses are gonna eat him for lunch. The best he can hope for is a wild-buck position behind Sammy.

John Kochtoston
10/27/2009, 03:21 PM
Hey John, RFK will never be expanded. For one thing, it's owned by DC, and what city in these economic times have $50 million to fund a stadium renovation?

And Snyder will never sell. Owning a sports franchise is a license to print money. And it's easy to blame Cerrato when he publicly emasculates the head coach on his radio show (giving the play calling to Sherm Lewis, the former bingo caller).

Oh, it would take a private entity to pay for the renovation, no doubt. And there would be all kinds of head aches, to be sure, given the various layers of bureaucracy and all of the interest groups that would need to be placated. Still, I think DC realizes it screwed up allowing the Skins to leave once, and I think they'd love a chance to get them back.

Also, it's only a license to print money as long as folks keep coming. Much more of this crap, and they won't. And the NFL wouldn't let Danny move the team from the DC area. Something will have to give.

And, by no means was I defending Cerrato. I'm just saying if the Skins had a real owner, Vinny would be buying tickets, not players. He just has a job because Snyder allows him to.

Collier11
10/27/2009, 03:21 PM
Just say no to the foreskins. Plzkthx.

Okay, here's the current standings in the Slingin' Sammy lotto:

1. Rams -- They suck. Oh my how they suck. But I'm not sure how much of it is Bulger's fault. Still, they might take Sammy as the aforementioned "project", for when the team gets decent again.

2. Titans -- Oh, yeah, they suck too. But they really look dysfunctional, I think Fisher may have lost it. Could be a really bad situation. They also have no receivers.

3. Bucs -- Maybe the best situation personnel-wise on the Offense. They clearly have some talent, but need a QB (Byron Leftwich ain't it). The problem here is their D, which is swiss cheese.
Just drafted a QB 1st rd last yr, not taking one this yr unless they trade their other guy

4. Lions -- they already have their guy, and indications are they are getting better.

5. Browns -- Two young QBs already, dunno if they want a 3rd. But, if Sammy gets there and starts showing his stuff, he could slide into the starting spot early. Rest of the personnel is kinda suspect, tho. Jamal Lewis is on his last legs. Not unless Quinn is traded

6. Chefs -- Couldn't score in a brothel. Again, if Sammy gets in there and impresses, he could be the guy. Be nice if they had some weapons for him to use. Similar situation to the Browns. They have a QB, just gave him a huge contract.

All in all, for Sammy's long-term viability, I think Tampa Bay presents the best situation, followed by the Rams.

Carolina, Wash, Seattle, St.Louis are all better options. Hell, even Minn with Favre likely done after this yr or next.

SoonerInLubbock
10/27/2009, 03:25 PM

^this^

SoonerLaw09
10/27/2009, 04:09 PM
Carolina, Wash, Seattle, St.Louis are all better options. Hell, even Minn with Favre likely done after this yr or next.

Chefs: How's Matt Cassel working out so far? Not saying they won't stick with him because of the big bucks, but KC has stunk it up ever since they lost Trent Green and Priest Holmes. The fans and ownership won't stand for very many more years of last place.

Bucs: If they could have Sammy they'd cut Freeman in a heartbeat.

Browns: Ditto, they would either trade or cut Brady Quinn. He has not shown himself to be NFL material up to this point.

I agree with you on the Vikes, but I really doubt Sammy will be available when they pick near the bottom of the order.

Collier11
10/27/2009, 04:18 PM
Chefs: How's Matt Cassel working out so far? Not saying they won't stick with him because of the big bucks, but KC has stunk it up ever since they lost Trent Green and Priest Holmes. The fans and ownership won't stand for very many more years of last place.

1st, its the O-line and Def, not QB. 2nd, they just paid Cassel a huge contract, thats not how the NFL works my friend

Bucs: If they could have Sammy they'd cut Freeman in a heartbeat.

Again, your understanding of the NFL is off a little, he was their 1st rd draft pick this yr, they have a ton of money invested in him. Unless they were able to trade him, Freeman is their guy for the future

Browns: Ditto, they would either trade or cut Brady Quinn. He has not shown himself to be NFL material up to this point.

Quinn will not be cut, they have invested too much money into him, now he might be traded.

I agree with you on the Vikes, but I really doubt Sammy will be available when they pick near the bottom of the order.

You seem to be making these moves in a fantasy world, the NFL works a little differently. I dont mean to come off as a jerk but seriously man, thats not how it works

SoonerLaw09
10/27/2009, 04:24 PM
Then please allow me to bow to your superior knowledge.

Besides, I can always find this thread and bump it next April if you're wrong. :D

Collier11
10/27/2009, 04:44 PM
Its not superior knowledge, its common knowledge. NFL Qbs usually have tons of guaranteed money. For instance

Matt Cassel signed a 6 yr deal worth $63 mil, $28 mil guaranteed. He isnt getting replaced anytime soon

Josh Freeman signed a 5 year $36 million dollar deal with $10.24 mil guaranteed. He isnt going anywhere anytime soon

Brady Quinn signed a $20 million deal over 5 years with $7.5 million guaranteed in 07. He would be the most likely to be traded but I really doubt he would be released.

the_sooners_abide
10/27/2009, 08:12 PM
uhh, no. if you think sam took a pounding behind OUr line, you should see how crappy the redskin o-line is.

bluedogok
10/27/2009, 08:24 PM
I think that, under pressure from above, Fisher will play Little Vinny Young a lot more the rest of the season. The Titans owner will see that he is not the future of the franchise after all and will remove some of his eggs from that basket by drafting Sam to take over after Collins is "retired" after the 2010 season. Vinny will be converted to a wildcat back and relegated to 3rd down and trickeration situations. The way their season has been, I have been half suspecting that this was their plan all along.
Bud Adams is already calling for Vince to start: Report: Adams wants Young starting against Jaguars (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-fisher&prov=ap&type=lgns)

It's amazing that Snyder is making Al Davis seem somewhat competent. He wants to be George Steinbrenner, sorry Dan, the NFL has a salary cap. Hasn't he ruined enough businesses by now?

tommieharris91
11/8/2009, 04:20 PM
You are kidding, right? Josh freakin' Freeman? Oh he lit it up at K-State all right. Sorry, but NFL defenses are gonna eat him for lunch. The best he can hope for is a wild-buck position behind Sammy.

Well, you're way off so far.