PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders

SanJoaquinSooner
10/26/2009, 06:42 PM
Why is Tom Cable starting Jamarcus Russell against the Chargers this week, after his pathetic performance against the Jets?

He'd be better off playing Darrius Hayward-Bey at quarterback running the wishbone than to start Jamarcus Russell at quarterback. Jamarcus Russell was pathetic. Pathetic.

He'd be better off quick kicking on first down. The punting team has a better chance of scoring off an opponent's mistake than the offense has with Jamarcus Russell at quarterback. The Defense has a better chance of scoring than the offense does with Jamarcus Russell at quarterback. I'm serious. Put Shane Lechler, the punter, on the field. He's the Raider's best player. Have him punt on first down and give the Raider's defense a chance to score.

Put anybody else at quarterback. Anybody. Put a cornerback in at quarterback. I'm serious. Put in Darrius Hayward-Bey running the wishbone. It's better than starting Jamarcus Russell at quarterback.

You know how they say "any given Sunday?" Well not this Sunday. the Raiders have zero chance of beating the chargers this Sunday. Zero. Not 1% chance. Zero percent chance. They have no chance of beating the Chargers at San Diego with Jamarcus Russell at quarterback. Zero.

--Grant Napier, Sports Talk Radio (Sacramento)
abridged version

swardboy
10/26/2009, 06:45 PM
I'm trying to get a feel for the author's true feelings about Jamarcus......

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/26/2009, 07:07 PM
When your owner is "The Crypt Keeper", then you know what to expect from your team...the living dead!

Mjcpr
10/26/2009, 07:09 PM

Jamarcus who?

sooner94
10/26/2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone see the clip of Sanchez eating a hotdog on the sideline during the game yesterday? Freaking priceless.

What the hell would Manning do against those clowns? Throw for 400 yards, 5 tds and have a 7 course meal on the sidelines?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/26/2009, 07:51 PM
Anyone see the clip of Sanchez eating a hotdog on the sideline during the game yesterday? Freaking priceless.

What the hell would Manning do against those clowns? Throw for 400 yards, 5 tds and have a 7 course meal on the sidelines?

Against the Raiders, Sanchez looked as good as Manning.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/26/2009, 07:53 PM

Actually he raged on and on and on about 10 to 15 minutes along the same line as my abridged version. It was hilarious.

ocsooner
10/26/2009, 07:55 PM

Did you see the ESPN talking heads all eating hot dogs on their Monday Night pregame? That's one of the greatest slams I have seen for a long time.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/26/2009, 11:51 PM
I remember Switzer getting grief over eating a hot dog while coaching the NFL pro bowl game in Hawaii.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/1995/07/23/1995-07-23_the_meaner_season_nice-guy_b.html

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2009, 12:11 AM
The only thing I can say about the Raiders is I hope they suck so I'll see fewer vato gangstas running around in Vegas wearing baggy Raider gear to conceal the guns and knives.

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2009, 02:37 AM
Look for Jamarcus Russell to have a big game and the Raiders win.

It always works that way.

westcoast_sooner
10/27/2009, 12:57 PM
The Raiders are as big a mess as there is in the NFL. But just when I thought it they were far and away the worst, Bud Adams is trying to out-do his old friend.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091027/SPORTS01/910270354/Titans+owner+wants+Vince+Young+to+start

Scott D
10/27/2009, 03:18 PM
dude, as ****ty as the Titans have been this year, could they really be any worse switching quarterbacks?

Leroy Lizard
10/28/2009, 01:30 AM
You can always get worse.

I think Bud Adams needs to let Fisher coach. And if he's going to meddle, do it discretely.

westcoast_sooner
10/28/2009, 01:28 PM
I do think that Bud Adams should just let Jeff Fisher do his job. But, with the Titans' season already down the tubes, it might be time to find out if VY is worth the $$ they are paying him or if they should just cut him next year. I think that's a valid point after thinking about this a little more.

I guess my anti-Bud Adams bias was coming out.