PDA

View Full Version : So...OU-Neb may be on Versus

iwannabelikesam
10/26/2009, 12:02 PM
http://twitter.com/SoonerSportscom

OU-NU on six-day hold for TV. Will either be 11:30 am on the Versus Network or 2:30 pm or 7 pm on ABC. Announcement coming Sunday.

Those of us without Versus on our regular cable package may be screwed. I don't have the "sports tier" with Cox. Will they give us locals Versus just for the game? I remember that they have done something similar when OSU was in a bowl game. I don't know what they've done for regular season games.

Also, didn't DirecTV or Dish drop Versus recently? A lot of us may be S.O.L.

Collier11
10/26/2009, 12:03 PM
They would be dumb to put that game on versus, lose alot of viewers. Probably only an option if we lose this week

rawlingsHOH
10/26/2009, 12:16 PM
What are the other games in consideration for the 3 spots?

Don't recall recall every playing a night game in Lincoln before.

ouwapiti
10/26/2009, 12:19 PM
directv no longer broadcasts VERSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sooner59
10/26/2009, 12:21 PM
I just hope its not sleeting while i'm in the stadium.

Crucifax Autumn
10/26/2009, 12:27 PM
Lucky me...I actually have that crummy station.

MeMyself&Me
10/26/2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I laughed when directv dropped versus right before the season. Dish promply did something like offer it for free with just a base package or something like that (going on memory) right after that happened. I can laugh cause I have Dish.

Dish ain't perfect though so don't think I'm a Dish advocate... just the best option for what I want.

beer4me
10/26/2009, 12:32 PM
That would be the dumbest move evar.

beer4me
10/26/2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I laughed when directv dropped versus right before the season. Dish promply did something like offer it for free with just a base package or something like that (going on memory) right after that happened. I can laugh cause I have Dish.

Dish ain't perfect though so don't think I'm a Dish advocate... just the best option for what I want.

Which makes no effn sense.

I had dish network several years ago an they suk'd.

rawlingsHOH
10/26/2009, 12:44 PM
Central Florida at Texas, FSN, 11 am
OU-NU or OSU-ISU or KU-KSU, VERSUS, 11:30 am
OU-NU or OSU-ISU or KU-KSU, ABC, 2:30 pm
OU-NU or OSU-ISU or KU-KSU, ABC, 7 pm

Blues1
10/26/2009, 12:51 PM
If Needed TRY Justintv.sports - I've watched all Sooners games on the internet except Idaho St. - Only thing is the game might not be listed until kickoff time...

KEEP R'

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2009, 12:52 PM
I have Versus with my Verizon Fios package here in Tampa, so that works for me. Also, the night game wold work, because that would likely be the national game. With my luck, it will be the 2:30 regional game, where I will get to see whatever carptastic ACC game just happens to be on here.

MeMyself&Me
10/26/2009, 01:00 PM
Which makes no effn sense.

I had dish network several years ago an they suk'd.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck as a whole but their customer service certainly does and if you're into out of market sports, you're better off without Dish (except that now Directv doesn't have VERSUS for whatever that's worth).

However, none of the other options I have really gives me anything more that I want but charges me more money for it so...

Dish it is!

OK2U
10/26/2009, 01:01 PM
Lucky me...I actually have that crummy station.
Me too.
After having to watch the KU/Maimi game @ the local sports bar, I'll be glad to cheer/curse in the privacy of my own living room.
...damn abc coverage maps

cvsooner
10/26/2009, 01:39 PM
I even have Versus HD on my cable package. Which is good since they don't have ESPN Gameplan for TiVo. I wind up listening to internet radio (argh).

rawlingsHOH
10/26/2009, 01:44 PM
Dude obsessed with Cameron Kenney (make all us of soccer players proud!)
I forgot Kenney was a soccer guy.

Blues1
10/26/2009, 01:48 PM
I even have Versus HD on my cable package. Which is good since they don't have ESPN Gameplan for TiVo. I wind up listening to internet radio (argh).

Hello~~~~ Watch OU Football on the Internet

LINK

http://www.atdhe.net/

OK2U
10/26/2009, 01:52 PM
I forgot Kenney was a soccer guy.

No wonder he doesn't know how to use his hands.

sooner59
10/26/2009, 01:53 PM
Just travel to exotic Nebraska.

Stay in Sin City....AKA Lincoln.

You know what they say:
"What happens in Lincoln..."

yermom
10/26/2009, 02:17 PM
Central Florida at Texas, FSN, 11 am
OU-NU or OSU-ISU or KU-KSU, VERSUS, 11:30 am
OU-NU or OSU-ISU or KU-KSU, ABC, 2:30 pm
OU-NU or OSU-ISU or KU-KSU, ABC, 7 pm

i'm not sure how either of those two games would beat out OU-NU... i guess if there are some upsets that might change. i didn't realize we all have like the same records :(

2:30 would work the best for me.

i hope it's not sleeting on me as i'm driving back to KC after the game :D

RedstickSooner
10/26/2009, 02:19 PM
Just make friends with one of us Dish Network Sooners. Or find a good sports bar.

'Course, might be tricky. I don't know about the rest of you, but you do *not* want to watch a game with me when we're having a bad season.

I'm not pleasant.

Salt City Sooner
10/26/2009, 02:21 PM
Pleeeeeeeze put it on Versus. I'd LOVE to hear Ron Thulin calling OU football one more time.

Scott D
10/26/2009, 02:37 PM

to be fair, Comcast made DirecTV pull Versus plenty of time before hockey season started with the intent of forcing DirecTV to agree to Comcast's terms by having irate hockey fans in certain markets where Comcast is somewhat weak. Football was an afterthought to the process.

Collier11
10/26/2009, 02:44 PM
before hockey season started

What is this Hockey that you speak of, some new fad sport?

cvsooner
10/26/2009, 03:15 PM
Hello~~~~ Watch OU Football on the Internet

LINK

http://www.atdhe.net/

Y'know, I tried that, but the picture was so dang small, and so highly compressed that enlarging the image just looked really bad. I pretty much decided radio was better, mostly.

MeMyself&Me
10/26/2009, 03:16 PM
to be fair, Comcast made DirecTV pull Versus plenty of time before hockey season started with the intent of forcing DirecTV to agree to Comcast's terms by having irate hockey fans in certain markets where Comcast is somewhat weak. Football was an afterthought to the process.

I didn't mean to imply that it being pulled had anything to do with any particular sport. Just assumed it had to do with the fact they couldn't come to any contractual agreement. Just that it happened to be right before football season and I knew they typically carried a few major conference games, including Big 12 so I knew it was going to irk a lot of people. Then, almost immediately, Dish countered with their deal to attract disenfranchised customers. And in light I that, I was quite surprised to find out, via this thread, that Directv hasn't found a way to resolve this yet.

Scott D
10/26/2009, 03:54 PM
Well the last I heard, it sounds like Comcast is playing the same kind of hardball in regards to Versus that they claim the Big 10 Network played with them. They want to charge a little more and have it moved from a sports package to the basic package, and DirecTV isn't budging from the stance that if you want them to pay more it's not moving to a basic package.

Comcast started this tug of war with the NHL season fully in mind. Everything else programming wise on Versus is collateral damage in the argument.

Regardless even the NHL attempting to get involved in the picture to force a resolution hasn't changed the stances of either side very much and while some progress has been made, it clearly hasn't been enough.

Collier11
10/26/2009, 03:56 PM
Hockey sucks

Scott D
10/26/2009, 03:57 PM
you swallow

Collier11
10/26/2009, 03:59 PM
rubble rubble

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2009, 04:18 PM
So Texas wins and we win, we play at 7:00 is my guess.

ouwapiti
10/26/2009, 04:20 PM
after directv pulled versus off their programming i also discovered that i lost my espnclassic......i called directv asking about this.....of course they had no answer other than espnclassic was now offered on another package, for of course, more money.... at that point i informed directv that i would be changing back to dishnetwork as soon as soon as my contract expired.....i also inquired on why someone who lives in texas would want the big 10 network and not the big 12 network...again, no explanation.... i'm tempted to drop all cable and just go back to 'over the air' programming...we're getting gouged anyway

Crucifax Autumn
10/26/2009, 04:32 PM
Hey yermom...Why isn't your avvy crimson? That would mess with texass more.

royalfan5
10/26/2009, 04:37 PM
So Texas wins and we win, we play at 7:00 is my guess.

Or Nebraska turns the ball over 9 times, loses in Waco and they try to minimize viewership to protect small children from seeing the NU offense.

bluedogok
10/26/2009, 09:51 PM
after directv pulled versus off their programming i also discovered that i lost my espnclassic......i called directv asking about this.....of course they had no answer other than espnclassic was now offered on another package, for of course, more money.... at that point i informed directv that i would be changing back to dishnetwork as soon as soon as my contract expired.....i also inquired on why someone who lives in texas would want the big 10 network and not the big 12 network...again, no explanation.... i'm tempted to drop all cable and just go back to 'over the air' programming...we're getting gouged anyway
I still have ESPN Classic...and there is no Big 12 Network.