LB's / A
Secondary / A
'Nuff said about a great Sooner Defense

KW / D- unable to adapt system to the current players capability
Offense / C- too many blown red zone opportunities
Receivers / C- too inconsistent, too many dropped balls,
QB / B no complaints about the stache and the circumstances
RB's / C too many missed blocking assignments in blitz protection
OL+Patton / F with 2 SR + 1 Jr in the starting five this group has been woefully immature and bad. As Bob said last spring, their lazy habits have carried over to the playing field.

Bob / B- tried to get the O-line's attention, but his ire should have been towards KW after blown red zone opportunities in the BCS game.

BOOMER

BermudaSooner
10/25/2009, 10:19 PM
I'd give the LBs a B+. Yea, being picky, but too many missed tackles in Miami game and poor coverage in BYU game.

Overall though, this D is really good. Imagine if our offense was good enough to hold the ball for a while and give them a breather.

En_Fuego
10/25/2009, 10:19 PM
Excellent

Boomer.....
10/26/2009, 08:11 AM
:les: Fire Vonerables!

SoonerLB
10/26/2009, 08:32 AM
I'd give the LBs a B+. Yea, being picky, but too many missed tackles in Miami game and poor coverage in BYU game.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but both TD's in that BYU game were more attributable to Dominic Franks blowing coverage. He did it again in the Miami game, and we all remember the punt debacle in the Texas game. So if anyone has to take some blame in the defense, it starts with him. I know he has made some great plays too, but still, those were key plays in our losses.

I also think our offense could have overcome his mistakes if the line could do their job, and do it without penalties.

IGotNoTiming
10/26/2009, 08:33 AM
I think KW gets a little higher grade... It is hard to blame the entire offensive output on him. I think the players must execute and it all starts on the O line...
They have performed below what we have been used to at OU. The receivers have done they best that they can do but Broyles is really the one bright spot. Combine all of this with the devastating injuries I think KW may actually get a little credit when the triage ward manages to score at all...

but that is me.... Senor Sunshine Pumper.

Have a great week everyone

1890MilesToNorman
10/26/2009, 08:44 AM
I thought we did away with this ancient self image damaging grade system? I give them all a participation award and an ice cream cone. :rolleyes:

I don't think we should keep score any more. :P

hgarmorer
10/26/2009, 08:50 AM
Just make sure the ice cream is lactose free...We don't anyone else getting sick or injured

hgarmorer
10/26/2009, 08:51 AM
Damn that was my 1100th post. What a waste!

OUmillenium
10/26/2009, 09:01 AM
I thought we did away with this ancient self image damaging grade system? I give them all a participation award and an ice cream cone. :rolleyes:

I don't think we should keep score any more. :P

You sound like a Jenks parent.

GottaHavePride
10/26/2009, 09:48 AM
Damn that was my 1100th post. What a waste!

Heh. ;)

soonermix
10/26/2009, 10:01 AM
too nice to the receivers.
i give them a D overall
and that is only because broyles is good without that guy it is F

meoveryouxinfinity
10/26/2009, 10:08 AM
Kick coverage B+
Kicking/punting C-
return team C (probably lost us the UT game)

rawlingsHOH
10/26/2009, 10:15 AM
Defensive Line Depth: D-

fadada1
10/26/2009, 10:19 AM
KW: F-

The players may not be executing well enough, but they aren't the ones calling runs on EVERY 1st down play, or reverses inside your own 20, or going away from scemes that appear to be working. he made up a little agains KU by allowing LJ to throw a bit.