PDA

View Full Version : Here's what stinks....

Soonerus
10/25/2009, 12:13 AM
Florida sux, Alabama sux...Texas may be the best team in the country ...

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 12:15 AM
... and we should have beaten them. :mad:

Soonerus
10/25/2009, 12:16 AM
I know, with Sam and Gresh we are easily MNC...

Collier11
10/25/2009, 12:17 AM
Which is why Sam came back, we were that close...the thing is, there is no BEST team this yr, we need a PLAYOFF

Soonerus
10/25/2009, 12:18 AM
Bull, we have benefited from the current system...

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 12:30 AM
If you're truly a National Champion, you'll beat any sucker out there. That means if some tie-breaker rule puts you in the game, you win. If you have to play TCU, Boise State, USC, Alabama, Tejas and Florida to get the crystal ball... you'll do it too.

Collier11
10/25/2009, 12:34 AM
Bull, we have benefited from the current system...

What does that matter? The fact of the matter is this system is BS, there is no team yet that has stood out but instead of figuring out the best team on the field we will have this retard system picking two teams

Soonerus
10/25/2009, 12:37 AM
What does that matter? The fact of the matter is this system is BS, there is no team yet that has stood out but instead of figuring out the best team on the field we will have this retard system picking two teams

Which we have benefited from in the past...duh...

Collier11
10/25/2009, 12:44 AM
the fact that WE have benefited from this system has no bearing, who cares.

josh09
10/25/2009, 12:46 AM
Yea we benefited from it, that doesnt mean i dont think there shouldnt be a playoff. This year just proves there needs to be one.

Collier11
10/25/2009, 12:47 AM
Hell, a few of the yrs that we benefited from the bcs proved that we needed a playoff

Okie35
10/25/2009, 12:49 AM

Bama would easily beat Texas but like I've been saying this whole year nobody really looks dominate. Sometimes teams look impressive but dominate... not at all.

Okie35
10/25/2009, 12:51 AM
Hell, a few of the yrs that we benefited from the bcs proved that we needed a playoff

Well in general, every year proves it. I know what you mean though the time we beat FSU we should've been playing Miami.

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 12:51 AM
Who says if we did what's necessary to get into the playoff that we aren't either proven or exposed that way? At least then if we go out and lay a 55-19 egg, we and eevrybody else knows someone else didn't get screwed. Same for Ohio State and everyone else.

Who outside of Oklahoma thought we deserved to play within the same state as FSU back in 2000? As it turns out, the only team that didn't belong was FSU, and Miami and Warshington got snubbed. Nebraska in 2001, SUC in 2003, Auburn in 2004, Michigan in 2006, it goes on and on. So USC was on a 34-game winning streak going into the Rose Bowl back in 2005. I don't see any other matchup for the final game that year other than UT/SC... but let's say that rebuilding defense at USC got a Texas-sized test from someone else before the Rose Bowl who knew how to play defense. Let's say LSU plays a game OUTSIDE their own back yard in 2003 and 2007 in a playoff. What if we replay those seasons with a playoff and end up with the exact same National Champions, MNC matchups, etc, etc, etc. At least someone isn't being left out because they wussed out on their schedule, or heaven forbid lost their future Heisman-winning QB in a tough road game.

JLEW1818
10/25/2009, 01:00 AM
Florida and Alabama are still better

why do yall give texas so much damn credit?

The SEC is a better conference.. .FACE IT!!!

Florida and Alabama are the 2 best teams in the country, still

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 01:01 AM
That doesn't mean :mack: won't draw the MNC bid and luck out with like a Tebow injury or something to ride to an easy MNC. Most people forget how much *help* they needed to beat USC.

JLEW1818
10/25/2009, 01:03 AM
bama could lose and so could florida

i don't think it really matters

Iowa will lose eventually

The winner of Florida/Bama is going, no matter what

Tebow won't be hurt!

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 01:05 AM

Tebow won't be hurt!

I'm sure they thought that against Kentucky too.

Does Kentucky even play football? I mean... really?

JLEW1818
10/25/2009, 01:07 AM
but did u see the injury??

it wasn't like he got the **** knocked out of him

he hit his head on the back up some dudes leg...

who is to say Kolt does not go down?? I mean he takes it in the *** so much??

LOL

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 01:08 AM
Exactly. Jason White's injuries weren't because someone hit him too hard. He stepped wrong and busted a wheel. Same for Jermaine Gresham.

JLEW1818
10/25/2009, 01:09 AM
yup, sucks

lets just hope Shipley keeps pounding kolt tho

Seamus
10/25/2009, 03:23 AM
Rus, I'm beginning to think if you bought a plank of oak at HomeDepot, by the time you got home that poor board would be in tears because you argued it should have been elm.

Just sayin' ...

IronSooner
10/25/2009, 03:40 AM

Tebow won't be hurt!

Of course not. If Tebow ever really got hurt, he'd just heal himself.

gaylordfan1
10/25/2009, 03:47 AM
This is crazy talk.... I'm a Sooner through and through! But UF and Bama are damn good! BUT, one of them has to lose. I see UF in the championship. I only hope it is UT to match them... to represent the BIG XII. With that being said, I don't think UT has it in them to go undefeated. Maybe it will be UF and Boise St. That would change things up... esp if Boise comes away with a win. Redemption!

Salt City Sooner
10/25/2009, 04:36 AM
Well in general, every year proves it. I know what you mean though the time we beat FSU we should've been playing Miami.
Methinks Washington might want to chat about that one for a bit.

budbarrybob
10/25/2009, 07:05 AM
Several years back Ohio State went to the MNC game and barely won most of their games. And needed Alot of help even against vastly inferior opponents. USuC needed blind arse luck in many of their games. For that matter, anyone remember Marshall's INT vs T A&M? We needed our fair share of luck.

soonerinabilene
10/25/2009, 07:17 AM
cincinatti vs tcu for the mnc!!!

TXBOOMER
10/25/2009, 07:46 AM

Watch texass get beat next week. I don't think they could score on Florida unless Jesus throws them a couple pick 6's, that would only help if colt doesn't reciprocate.

IronHorseSooner
10/25/2009, 08:40 AM
Again, Mizzou might be the worst team out of the North, if not, they are real close. They are also really banged up, and at the end of a tough stretch with Nebbish, @ OSU, and *.

*'s big test is next week. It is really apt that the game is being played on Halloween Night in Halloweentown!

Leroyt
10/25/2009, 03:55 PM
Has anybody here actually watched florida and bama play? Tebow throws two TDs to Miss. st (they're now 3-5, beating jackson st., vandy, and mid tenn. st. - got destroyed by auburn), and bama had to block a fg against Tenn (who also missed one and had another blocked, they're 3-4) AT HOME to pull out a 2 point win. Granted, Texas had to beat a $#%t missouri team, but thwy were the only of the three to convincingly win. Just sayin', all the SEC love needs to be tempered with some reality. Hard to believe that either is remarkably better than anyone in the top 6-8.

josh09
10/25/2009, 04:20 PM
This is such a weak year in college football. It sucks we had our best players get injured, because we would have easily been #1 without all those things happening. It going to be an interesting bowl season this year.

Sasakwa
10/25/2009, 04:51 PM
Agree with Leroy, the SEC may be the best conference top to bottom, especially with the Big XII down a little this year, but UF and Bama look very beatable. Bama has scored 2 ofensive TDs in its last 3 games. What is that inept Offense going to do against a defense like UF or UT? Tebow and McCoy will go to the Heisman ceremony on reputation and career stats not because they are playing well this year.

westcoast_sooner
10/25/2009, 08:18 PM
I'm sure they thought that against Kentucky too.

Does Kentucky even play football? I mean... really?

Contrary to popular belief, Kentucky still DOES field a football team. They beat Auburn last week, and my wife witnessed the UK beat-down over the powerhouse that is Louisiana-Monroe last night and watched her beloved Cats win.

stoopified
10/25/2009, 08:23 PM
Yea we benefited from it, that doesnt mean i dont think there shouldnt be a playoff. This year just proves there needs to be one.Exactly.Just because the #1 and #2 teams play for the title doesn't provide a real champion.The participants in thr title games are essentially football beauty contestant winners whose football merits were VOTED on.