PDA

View Full Version : Things change so much from week to week...

Soonerus
10/24/2009, 11:17 PM
...but it now appears our biggest test left is OSU in Norman...

DarrellZero
10/24/2009, 11:20 PM
Bring 'em on.

Our crowd is good for one game a year. Let this be the one.

Sooner Eclipse
10/24/2009, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately, the B12 is looking to be a below average conference this year.

Soonerus
10/24/2009, 11:22 PM
Bring 'em on.

Our crowd is good for one game a year. Let this be the one.

I agree...

Soonerus
10/24/2009, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately, the B12 is looking to be a below average conference this year.

At this point what difference does that make to OU now ???

DarrellZero
10/24/2009, 11:25 PM
On a related note, can you believe how lame KU's crowd was? Such a basketball school.

Hell, even our BB crowd represents when KU comes to town.

Soonerus
10/24/2009, 11:27 PM
Franks oskie and return took the life out of the crowd...huge play...

Sooner Eclipse
10/24/2009, 11:31 PM
At this point what difference does that make to OU now ???
It doesnt matter to OU other than I think part of our problems recently is not being taken to the limit more often in conference play. Overconfidence and all that. On the bright side, maybe the conferences troubles keep the horns out of the NCG this year.

Think about 2000. That was team was not nearly as talented as some Bob has had. But, those guys went through murderers row. I think it prepared them well.

JLEW1818
10/25/2009, 01:10 AM
at Tech is still scary

05 07

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 01:16 AM
As much as I'd like to agree with jlew here, there's one way to control what happened in 2005 and 2007 and that's to...

A. get lucky (always something of a requirement in road games)
B. play so that officiating doesn't take a much-needed W from you.

gaylordfan1
10/25/2009, 02:22 AM
Other than the BYU game, penalties have gone our way and given us a chance to win. After watching the game today I have came to a realization....OUr o-line is below avg...but if our WR's catch the ball OUr offense can move the ball. So all of our bad offensive play, IMO, has been on the WR. I think todays game proved that. When they started catching the ball the offense clicked. Even with our line!!!!!!!

Flagstaffsooner
10/25/2009, 03:13 AM
nm

gaylordfan1
10/25/2009, 03:26 AM
nm

sorry, I get confused with abbreviations.. What does nm mean?

En_Fuego
10/25/2009, 04:16 AM
NM=No More

IronHorseSooner
10/25/2009, 07:59 AM
On the first note of how bad that the conference is, I believe that we are the conference's barometer. Years that we have been good, the conference has been deemed, nationally, as strong. Years where we have struggled, this year and 2005, the conference was deemed as average, with one good team (or, in essence, one good player). That right there ought to tell you who is a better program- us, *, Nebbish, or anybody else. That, and the 7 MNCs, 5 Heismans, 40+ conference titles, etc.

On the second point, the OL was without 2 starters today- Simmons and Jefferies, and T-Will is playing hurt. I didn't hear anything bad from J.Jones (JJ), or Good. Habern made a couple of mistakes, but will be good as he gets more reps. Brandon was out there, and he made a couple of penalties, and let a guy go free from the outside. I thought Brandon was going to be a better player. I think that Jeffries, Good, Habern, JJ, and Evans all have the ability to be good linemen, they just need more snaps.

As for the WRs, unfortunately, the guy in my sig just isn't getting it done. He has good athletic ability, but maybe he's more cut out to be a corner or safety than a WR.

With the other guys, I think we have a good nucleus for the rest of the year, and the remainder of next year. I tell you, that if DeJuan Miller gets more reps, he will be a match up nightmare for the rest of his career! He's 6'4"+, about 225, is a track guy, and has good hands. Jaz can also be a match up problem. He's more like Dez Briscoe, tall and fast. Caleb is also tall and fast, he just needs to develop timing with The Stache. Broyles, in 2010, will be the best WR in the Big XII.