PDA

View Full Version : New wrinkles

rawlingsHOH
10/24/2009, 06:42 PM
I'll know more on the rewatch, but...

Did Ratterree play? I noticed Dejuan Miller taking his spot in some spread sets, and Mensik taking his inline spot when we were under center.

I like the big play potential with Caleb, Miller, Broyles, Tennell on the field at the same time.

I think Kenney is done (at least for a while).

Defensively, once again, great use of the substitution, and disguising the blitz.

We desperately need a DT to emerge.

Collier11
10/24/2009, 06:57 PM
Bob talked about it briefly in postgame about how we have become more of a spread team out of necessity, it is evident we cant run out of the I

IM not quite sure what you mean by we need a DT to emerge, Gerald Mccoy is having an All American year and Adrion Taylor played great today

Big D Sooner
10/24/2009, 07:01 PM
I think he means ANOTHER DT to emerge.

rawlingsHOH
10/24/2009, 07:03 PM
IM not quite sure what you mean by we need a DT to emerge, Gerald Mccoy is having an All American year and Adrion Taylor played great today
The past 10 years, we have usually played 4, rotating them fresh all game. When we have been thin, it was only 3.

Now, just 2. Those two are visably gassed in the 4th.

okiewaker
10/24/2009, 07:05 PM
Rat didn't get in the game. Miller filled his spot.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2009, 07:40 PM
I like how we're easing Miller into playing time. It's obvious he wasn't/isn't ready to be a #1 or even #2 receiver. Let him do a little more each week.
I think that's why we're having so many drops. Too much pressure.

Collier11
10/24/2009, 07:44 PM
Well all I know is WR could be a major strength next yr if we iron out the drops, the entire group is good blockers and is pretty athletic, we get everyone back but Tennell next yr

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2009, 07:47 PM
Well all I know is WR could be a major strength next yr if we iron out the drops, the entire group is good blockers and is pretty athletic, we get everyone back but Tennell next yr

They'll be better but they'll never be like the Manny/Iggy/MK trio. And we need to find a TE to replace Gresh :(

Collier11
10/24/2009, 07:49 PM
I dont know how you can say that, alot of ppl never really liked Iggy til his JR yr and Manny til his SR yr...they all developed though

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2009, 07:52 PM
I dont know how you can say that, alot of ppl never really liked Iggy til his JR yr and Manny til his SR yr...they all developed though

manny was more bossy his JR year than his SR year.. but was also injured his SR year and Broyles emerged.

I think we can both agree that Broyles is a star, even as our only reliable threat.

Oh but they are all great blockers. I also like how we use Brody as a blocker only. We are going to completely burn one of our opponents soon by passing to him.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2009, 07:55 PM
oh and those 3 started as freshmen, if i remember correctly...they were also all the same class.
isn't kenney a juco transfer (making him a junior?)
and as you said, tennell is a senior.
Miller is a sophomore now (we burned his RS last year)
Broyles is a sophomore.
and Jaz Reynolds is a freshman.

ELP Sooner
10/24/2009, 07:56 PM
Rat played. I saw him in there on some 2 TE formations...unless we have another #47

Scott D
10/24/2009, 08:32 PM
They'll be better but they'll never be like the Manny/Iggy/MK trio. And we need to find a TE to replace Gresh :(

I'll take a Savage/Woolfolk/Norman trio over that trio any day of the week. I'll even take Clayton/Jones/Rankins over that trio.

rawlingsHOH
10/24/2009, 09:05 PM
manny was more bossy his JR year than his SR year.. but was also injured his SR year and Broyles emerged.

I think we can both agree that Broyles is a star, even as our only reliable threat.

Oh but they are all great blockers. I also like how we use Brody as a blocker only. We are going to completely burn one of our opponents soon by passing to him.

Guard eligible?

westbrooke
10/24/2009, 10:07 PM
As for new wrinkles, what was up with Brown deciding the 4th quarter was the time to break tackles and run like he was hungry? Was that just an artifact of it being late in the game and KU being gassed, or did we see Brown wake up?

jumperstop
10/24/2009, 10:23 PM
As for new wrinkles, what was up with Brown deciding the 4th quarter was the time to break tackles and run like he was hungry? Was that just an artifact of it being late in the game and KU being gassed, or did we see Brown wake up?

KU being gassed...and it was only like two 10 yard runs. But in all fairness he would be having a better season if it wasn't for our ****ty Oline not being able to make holes.

westbrooke
10/24/2009, 10:29 PM
KU being gassed...and it was only like two 10 yard runs. But in all fairness he would be having a better season if it wasn't for our ****ty Oline not being able to make holes.

This is definitely true. I was just happy to see Brown realize that contact with a defender doesn't mean the play is over.

SoonerObsession
10/24/2009, 10:35 PM
I was excited when Jonathan Miller was in at tailback. He got to carry the ball once and that was it. He seems like a Demond Parker type runner and I think we need someone like that to avoid the unblocked D lineman that hit us a yard behind the line of scrimmage.

SoonerLB
10/25/2009, 09:01 AM
But in all fairness he would be having a better season if it wasn't for our ****ty Oline not being able to make holes.

I think it's safe to say we would be undefeated if it weren't for a ****ty Oline! The only thing they can block is the aisle to the buffet line. ;)

kevpks
10/25/2009, 09:10 AM
I am glad to see Tennell stepping up for the stretch run.

princetonsooner
10/25/2009, 06:40 PM
We can't run from the spread either!Although, I did like that we let the QB run out of the READ option, though I know we are rolling dice if Landry gets hurt.Bottom line if our O-LINE does not man up, there is no way we win out.If you can not get off the ball and move somebody,what kind of linemen are you? This group is not only disappointing but underachieving as well. They have got to be better than what we have shown.