PDA

View Full Version : Announcers were terrible today

rawlingsHOH
10/24/2009, 06:38 PM
Cunningham is usually decent, but a CONSTANT second-guesser.

Franklin was his usual sub-par self and openly rooting for KU.

salth2o
10/24/2009, 06:40 PM
I have come to the conclusion that most announcers are dumba$$e$. They say very little that makes sense.

rawlingsHOH
10/24/2009, 06:44 PM
One of the worst moments is when the first half was coming to a close, and Ed Cunningham was going nuts about Mangino running the clock out on 4th and forever.

GENIUS!

A Sooner in Texas
10/24/2009, 06:45 PM
I really got sick and tired of the "in space" phrase. You mean "open field?"

okiewaker
10/24/2009, 06:47 PM
Didn't pay any attention to them. I had the sound off most of the time but it must have been bad.

OUinFLA
10/24/2009, 06:51 PM
If you think ours were bad , you should have heard the two covering the Miami/Clemson game when it went into overtime.

Clemson won the toss and they were at a total loss as to why Clemson would go on defense by choice.

They finally concluded that it could only be so that Clemson could see what Miami did on their possesion and know what they would have to do. Right conclusion, dummys at work finding the acorn in the forest.

I guess they could have been NFL broadcasters with no clue as to how college overtime games are settled.

King Crimson
10/24/2009, 06:58 PM
Cunnigham talked up KU all game and then, in his closing comments, talked about OU's "dominating performance". it's network nonsense.

okiewaker
10/24/2009, 07:01 PM
:D
Cunnigham talked up KU all game and then, in his closing comments, talked about OU's "dominating performance". it's network nonsense.

what did you really expect from ABC?:D

ouwasp
10/24/2009, 07:49 PM
One would think with all the high-tech interactive crap we have today, a viewer could somehow listen to the crowd noise/ band etc, and tune out the idiots in the booth.

Until that great device is invented, the mute button is my friend.

ELP Sooner
10/24/2009, 07:58 PM
I turn off the volume and only turn it on after a score or a big play so I can hear the band.

Sooner02
10/24/2009, 08:03 PM
I had to mute most of the game last week.

GottaHavePride
10/24/2009, 09:08 PM
One of the worst moments is when the first half was coming to a close, and Ed Cunningham was going nuts about Mangino running the clock out on 4th and forever.

GENIUS!

Yeah, one second they're talking about us like WE'RE the ones who were behind "they've got 2 minutes, a freshman QB, and one time-out left... don't beafraid to use that time-out to get down the field, you can always stop the clock other ways... blah blah blah, yakkity schmakkity" Then the next second they're talking about "oh, they'll just keep this on the ground to run the clock out, blah blah blah".

Morons.

SoonerTrain
10/24/2009, 09:24 PM
I mute the TV and listen to Bob Barry. He's lost, but I like him. At one point today he said we were moving "South to right".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/24/2009, 10:20 PM
I really got sick and tired of the "in space" phrase. You mean "open field?"No sheet!. I remember when I first heard it , seems like a couple or 3 yrs ago, and didn't like the term. Sorta numbed out on it now...it's so commonly used now, it doesn't bother me as musch as it used to.