PDA

View Full Version : Anti "Sunshine Pumpers"

Okie35
10/24/2009, 06:11 PM
Yea we'll easily lose to KU. :D Some of you so called "fans" I don't get. I guess you've became fans after 2005. AD went out and we won 7 straight games. Its not like it can't happen again. People scared of Nebraska and 2 weeks ago I say ohh who's going to score for them their defense haha. Today clearly showed Nebraska isn't that great especially offensively. The only game I say will pose problem is Tech @ Lubbock. Our defense is good enough but we can't have slow starts on offense. Lastly, everyone knows this, but the run game definitely needs to improve. It's there from time to time though. Also to all the ppl trying to rain on the parade of positive fans, please stop. If you have something negative to say don't say it at all because you're only underestimating the team and will make yourself look stupid. Thanks :cool: .

salth2o
10/24/2009, 06:31 PM
We win out. The whorns lose tonight and against osu. We win Big XII championship again.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/24/2009, 06:44 PM
How the EFF did we lose to Miami

ocsooner
10/24/2009, 06:46 PM
How the EFF did we lose to Miami

This is where we start saying "Fire Kevin Wilson". Mabye we fire him for failing to prepare the offense soon enough. I don't think the lack of Sam is to blame unless you say that the O line let through the defense that took Sam out.

I still don't like people calling for jobs all the time.

okiewaker
10/24/2009, 06:51 PM
We win out. The whorns lose tonight and against osu. We win Big XII championship again.

I go with this.

OUAlumni1990
10/24/2009, 06:56 PM
I go with this.

I go with that

GottaHavePride
10/24/2009, 07:12 PM
For the record - I'm still worried about Tech and OSU.

EDIT: also for the record - I never said I was worried about KU. ;)

pappy
10/24/2009, 07:47 PM
so much for missou over texas

jumperstop
10/24/2009, 09:41 PM
so much for missou over texas

Well we can bank on aTm, they always manage to lose to them. As for OSU we'll just have to hope they won't blow a fourth quarter lead.

Funky G
10/24/2009, 09:56 PM
idiots get to buy tickets and post to message boards

josh09
10/24/2009, 10:02 PM
I dont think we'll win the Big 12 this year, its just not our year. But I do think we'll win out. And hopefully get an at-large BCS bid, and if we can win a big bowl game, this year is a success.

Soonerus
10/24/2009, 10:08 PM
How the eff did we lose to BYU...

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 12:03 AM
Beating KSU right now would equate to success for me. Then we'll talk about @ Nebraska. Then aTm, then... well... you get the picture.

silverwheels
10/25/2009, 12:51 AM
I dont think we'll win the Big 12 this year, its just not our year. But I do think we'll win out. And hopefully get an at-large BCS bid, and if we can win a big bowl game, this year is a success.

An at-large BCS bid with a 9-3 record would be near impossible. We're looking at the Cotton or Holiday Bowl at this point if we win out. I don't think any team has gotten a BCS at-large bid with 3 losses.

goingoneight
10/25/2009, 12:57 AM
And the way the OL is playing, another BCS Bust seems likely, Especially against a team like TCU that can bring it. LAST YEAR'S offense struggled at times against TCU *AT HOME*.

Nothing at all comes easy this season.

josh09
10/25/2009, 01:03 AM
An at-large BCS bid with a 9-3 record would be near impossible. We're looking at the Cotton or Holiday Bowl at this point if we win out. I don't think any team has gotten a BCS at-large bid with 3 losses.

Im just sayin, with the way no one seems to be dominating this year, we could easily get back into the top 10 by the end of the regular season.

MI Sooner
10/25/2009, 06:48 AM
Don't forget about the possibility of a three-way tie again between OU, Texas, and OSU. I don't think there's any way we'd be the highest-ranked in the BCS, but we could at least claim another title*.

Okie35
10/25/2009, 08:03 AM

It'll be kinda easy we'll have to be ranked higher and have a better record than the North loser from the Big XII ship right?

swardboy
10/25/2009, 08:18 AM
Oh the humanity if we get in a bcs bowl with 3 losses!!! I can hear the outcry now...

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2009, 08:31 AM
Oh the humanity if we get in a bcs bowl with 3 losses!!! I can hear the outcry now...

I'd love it. The losers out there that hate us could whine and bitch for another year.

tulsaoilerfan
10/25/2009, 08:34 AM
Im just sayin, with the way no one seems to be dominating this year, we could easily get back into the top 10 by the end of the regular season.

nothing will be easy this season; i hope i'm wrong, but a 9-3 record would be nothing short of miraculous

IronHorseSooner
10/25/2009, 08:48 AM
nothing will be easy this season; i hope i'm wrong, but a 9-3 record would be nothing short of miraculous

Get to the Cotton Bowl, and beat, likely, LSU. I hope the third time's the charm in Big D!

oudivesherpa
10/25/2009, 09:53 AM
We have some great players but not a lot of depth, esp at DT. Of the remaining games, Tech scares me the most. Even after A&M kicked the **** out of them. Tech is a track meet and without a DT rotation we could be in serious trouble. If we win out, I predict a three way Big XII South tie, with Uterus getting the nod to the Big XII Championship game and the NC game. OU to the Fiesta Bowl, OSU to the Cotton Bowl.

Curly Bill
10/25/2009, 10:13 AM
Darn I wish that I had watched the game, just so I could have found something negative to say. You know, to p*ss off our sunshine pumping nOObs, but alas, I helped my mother move yesterday.

Not to worry though sunshine, I'll be here the rest of the season posting pretty much whatever I want - negative or not.

Now, through your tears of indignation say: but...but...but...if you can't say anything nice, just don't say anything at all. :O Now, feel better for having said it?

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2009, 10:45 AM
Would an anti-sunshine pumper be a moonshine pumper?

Curly Bill
10/25/2009, 10:55 AM
Would an anti-sunshine pumper be a moonshine pumper?

Could be...

...but to me the anti sunshine pumpers are those who for the most part seem more football knowledgeable and can look at the team with a bit of a critical eye. The sunshine pumpers are sorta like your mom, they see everything you do as glorious and wonderful, no matter how craptastic it might be. ;)

East Coast Bias
10/25/2009, 11:14 AM
I am thinking 4 and 3 warrants some sunshine pumping.....

Curly Bill
10/25/2009, 11:18 AM
I am thinking 4 and 3 warrants some sunshine pumping.....

At Bayor 4-3 might warrant sunshine pumping...

At OU, not so much...

Are your standards really that low? :O

Okie35
10/25/2009, 11:58 AM
Could be...

...but to me the anti sunshine pumpers are those who for the most part seem more football knowledgeable and can look at the team with a bit of a critical eye. The sunshine pumpers are sorta like your mom, they see everything you do as glorious and wonderful, no matter how craptastic it might be. ;)

Most of them are wrong. :D You should've said for the least part.

StoopTroup
10/25/2009, 11:59 AM
Losing 3 games isn't cause for a complete change in the Coaching staff either. Most times...it won't even happen if a Coach goes .500 for a year. At OU it is a fact that if you go 7-4 and you do it more than one year...folks are going to get all Nancy. The Monster raises it's ugly head and the machine slowly tears itself apart.

I think Stoops knows what he's doing. He'd have to have three 7-4 Seasons before anyone could seriously think he needs to go. I don't think he's wired that way though. I think he's the kind of guy that doesn't like losing and when he sees a weakness in his system...he does something about it. It might not immediately be apparent to any of us...But I bet it is at the Coaching Staff level.

Message Boards are great places to melt down.

I've seen many a meltdown on SF.com too.

I expect we'll see some more this year.

East Coast Bias
10/25/2009, 03:15 PM
Curly , I was tryingto be sarcastic with my 4 and 3 comment, however sarcasm doesn't work so well on here.. I am sure there will be a good measure of sunshine pumping now that we are over 500.... The high expectations are the real problem and that goes to the coaches and sunshine pumpers..

MyT Oklahoma
10/25/2009, 08:26 PM
So who won the game yesterday anyway?

Curly Bill
10/25/2009, 08:32 PM
Curly , I was tryingto be sarcastic with my 4 and 3 comment, however sarcasm doesn't work so well on here.. I am sure there will be a good measure of sunshine pumping now that we are over 500.... The high expectations are the real problem and that goes to the coaches and sunshine pumpers..

Your attempt at sarcasm would have worked better if there weren't peeps on here who truly believe that being 4-3 is something to write home about. Unfortunately these days it's difficult to sort out the truly clueless, or those who are blinded by the sunshine, and those who are trying to be sarcastic.

I'm sorry that with the current state of affairs here I wasn't able to identify your sarcasm.

stoopified
10/25/2009, 08:34 PM
so much for missou over texasAnyone who thought that was dreaming.I saw Missou play oSu and Gabert(sp) can't throw for **** on that bad ankle.The Tigers had recievers running open all night and couldn't hit them.That porous Cowpuke secondary is the reason the Pukes can't beat UT.

2k2 c5
10/26/2009, 08:51 PM
I'd love it. The losers out there that hate us could whine and bitch for another year.

Of course, they don't actually need an excuse.

silverwheels
10/27/2009, 02:44 PM
It'll be kinda easy we'll have to be ranked higher and have a better record than the North loser from the Big XII ship right?

That doesn't have anything to do with the BCS. It will probably get us in the Cotton Bowl over the North Champ, but not the BCS. Unless a team from the North steps up and wins a lot of games from here on out, the champ of that division looks headed for the Alamo Bowl, while OU and OSU are going to the Cotton and Holiday Bowls.

SoonerLaw09
10/27/2009, 03:02 PM
Yea we'll easily lose to KU. :D Some of you so called "fans" I don't get. I guess you've became fans after 2005. AD went out and we won 7 straight games. Its not like it can't happen again. People scared of Nebraska and 2 weeks ago I say ohh who's going to score for them their defense haha. Today clearly showed Nebraska isn't that great especially offensively. The only game I say will pose problem is Tech @ Lubbock. Our defense is good enough but we can't have slow starts on offense. Lastly, everyone knows this, but the run game definitely needs to improve. It's there from time to time though. Also to all the ppl trying to rain on the parade of positive fans, please stop. If you have something negative to say don't say it at all because you're only underestimating the team and will make yourself look stupid. Thanks :cool: .

**** off, dip ****

beer4me
10/27/2009, 03:11 PM
That doesn't have anything to do with the BCS. It will probably get us in the Cotton Bowl over the North Champ, but not the BCS. Unless a team from the North steps up and wins a lot of games from here on out, the champ of that division looks headed for the Alamo Bowl, while OU and OSU are going to the Cotton and Holiday Bowls.

Actually I wouldn't mind a return trip back to the Holiday bowl.

When we went out there in '05 (I think that was the year) me and my wife were out there for 4 days and sicker than dogs for the whole 4 days.

I didn't get to show her around very much caz neither one of us felt good enought to leave the hotel room.

We did make about 50 - 11 trips to walgreens and such though.

And the game I barely remember with the cough/fever/stomach etc meds that I was on :D

Got to take her back out there and show her around.