PDA

View Full Version : I hope this isn't a re-post... Stoops' record < Stoops' assistants

the_ouskull
10/24/2009, 10:22 AM
Per ESPN.com's "Nickle Package..."

One of the many surprises related to Oklahoma's 3-3 record is that coach Bob Stoops' mark this season is worse than the records of all four of his former assistants who are currently head coaches in the FBS. Kevin Sumlin has Houston at 5-1 and ranked 17th in the initial BCS standings. Mike Leach's Texas Tech Red Raiders are 5-2 and No. 21 in the AP poll. Bob's brother, Mike, has Arizona at 4-2 and ranked 22nd in the BCS, while Mark Mangino is 5-1 at Kansas and has the Jayhawks 25th in the BCS. Stoops (Bob, that is) makes the trip to Lawrence, Kan., to face Mangino's team on Saturday.

the_ouskull

TXBOOMER
10/24/2009, 10:27 AM
If A&M has a brain in their heads they will fire the failure and hire Sumlin at the end of the year. I believe he would be the whorns worst nightmare.

IronHorseSooner
10/24/2009, 10:32 AM
He started at A&M as the TE Coach, didn't he?

TXBOOMER
10/24/2009, 10:39 AM
He started at A&M as the TE Coach, didn't he?

I know he spent time on that staff. He is a great recruiter and seems to coach extremely aggressive. I believe it is a natural fit for that area. A good A&M is bad for us but even worse for texass.

King Crimson
10/24/2009, 10:47 AM
Sumlin also gets Aggie love since he filled in at OC in Slocum's last year when they burned Reggie McNeil's RS and beat then #1 OU at Kyle. i forget who the previous OC was. Sumlin was also on Gary Barnett's staff at CU for like 2 weeks before taking another job (possibly at OU).

JLEW1818
10/24/2009, 11:12 AM
yah, he wont be at Houston long