PDA

View Full Version : KISS (Lip Sync Version?)

StoopTroup
10/24/2009, 09:19 AM
My Son was wanting to see what KISS looked liked on stage and we were surfing through some old youtubes. Anyway...We found this one and a couple of times Paul Stanley looks like he's lip syncing. Did they really need to? Discuss. Also...when they go on tour now...is Paul still going to be sporting the hairy chested look? Can he still pull it off or will they need to have a latex makeup artist on tour with them for cover ups?

TgsoJrzplUI

Also...this one has a glimpse of WitchiePoo and the infamous Paul Lynde (Center Gay Square on Hollywood Squares).

85Sooner
10/24/2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, he did lip sych that performance one of the few time I think. I am sure he will still be sporting the chest hair. Go with what has been successful right>

salth2o
10/24/2009, 06:34 PM
Milli Vanilli?

King Crimson
10/24/2009, 06:37 PM
It's not even Stanley's vocals, they are clearly lip-synching. I'm not hugest KISS fan ever but a lot of bands did/do it on TV shows. If you've seen Top of the Pops or old Whistle Stop from the UK....some great bands looking silly.

to be fair to KISS, they put out two double sided live LP's at their height of popularity.

salth2o
10/24/2009, 06:42 PM
It's not even Stanley's vocals, they are clearly lip-synching. I'm not hugest KISS fan ever but a lot of bands did/do it on TV shows. If you've seen Top of the Pops or old Whistle Stop from the UK....some great bands looking silly.

to be fair to KISS, they put out two double sided live LP's at their height of popularity.

Whose vocals are they?

King Crimson
10/24/2009, 07:06 PM
Whose vocals are they?

what i mean, you don't even need to see PS' vocals to see it's lip synch. they guys aren't even playing instruments.

but i get what you thought i meant.

salth2o
10/24/2009, 07:09 PM
OIC

StoopTroup
10/25/2009, 12:07 PM
No way KISS can be compared to Milli Vanilli....lol

I think sometimes folks get sick and they are scheduled to do a performance and instead of canceling...they do a lip sync. I think if you're gonna do one...you better practice at it though. If you're professional and you think you may need to do a lip sync...you better be prepared because getting caught doing one isn't good for your career.

tbl
10/26/2009, 07:55 AM
It's called band sync. All kinds of 60's-80's shows did this (remember American Bandstand?).

StoopTroup
10/26/2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah....

Just never thought I'd see KISS doing it.

Sad really. I bet Gene regrets that.

Pricetag
10/26/2009, 12:40 PM
It's called band sync. All kinds of 60's-80's shows did this (remember American Bandstand?).
Yeah, everyone on AB did it. I remember watching Cyndi Lauper basically sit there on the stage and sing one of her slower songs (I think it might have been "Time After Time") and it was the cut from the album. I wondered why it was necessary, but I guess the show just demanded that the sound be that perfect.