PDA

View Full Version : Is the color pink gay?

caphorns
4/21/2004, 03:36 PM
I already know what OU fans think of the color orange. But, is the color pink gay?

My interpretation is that a house with pink brick is not gay (if the pink in the brick is mixed with other colors and it is not an obvious attempt at being a blatently pink house - i.e., no interior walls shouls be painted pink). The Pink Panther and Pink Panther movies are not gay. A pink oxford dress shirt is borderline. A pink eraser is OK. Otherwise, the color pink is clearly gay.

picasso
4/21/2004, 03:37 PM
Pink brick, yes. Unless it's an old timey couple or the old widow down the street.

Pink adobe is kosher in my book.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 03:38 PM
Personally from a girls point of view. I think some guys look really hot wearing a pink dress shirt with a nice tie. Just for the record the ones that I have talked to that were wearing a pink shirt were NOT gay! Trust me on this one and they were gettin' all the ladies.

picasso
4/21/2004, 03:41 PM
Personally from a girls point of view. I think some guys look really hot wearing a pink dress shirt with a nice tie. Just for the record the ones that I have talked to that were wearing a pink shirt were NOT gay! Trust me on this one and they were gettin' all the ladies.

Hey, back in the day I had a pink mock turtleneck. It was first in my bartime rotation. Was about 87% money.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 03:44 PM
GAY

GDC
4/21/2004, 03:45 PM
Why is a whorn from flippin homocentralgaystintexass asking our opinion on this?-hell, you're supposed to be the funnyboyexperts down there-sheesh, how many whorns showed up at the tailgate?

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 03:45 PM
Any pink attire on a male is G-A-Y.

Other than that, it's not gay.

caphorns
4/21/2004, 03:46 PM

That helps. My wife bought me a pink oxford with a nice tie because she thought it looked hot. Therefore, I called it borderline. I have definitely seen where the pink oxford with the wrong tie (like a matching solid pink tie) looks very gay.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 03:47 PM
Pic-Your right the ladies love pink on a guy.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 03:47 PM
Man, OUthunder needs to use a larger font on his signature.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 03:48 PM
If you're wife bought it, you're screwed.

I don't like any dress shirt that isn't white or blue.

And pink isn't white or blue.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 03:49 PM

Can you tell who he's quoting? I can't make out the name.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 03:50 PM
Can you tell who he's quoting? I can't make out the name.

No. I think I need a bigger monitor.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 03:50 PM
Any pink attire on a male is G-A-Y.

Other than that, it's not gay.

Gambino,

Again honey you are so wrong. If you are a male and you want the ladies all over you wear a nice pink dress shirt and a nice tie and you won't be sorry. How can you be gay if you are wearing it because it attracts the ladies?

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 03:51 PM
No. I think I need a bigger monitor.

....wait....let me get my reading glasses...

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 03:51 PM
pink ni**les are definitely not gay....

ooops, that wasnt the question was it?

i think if your tutu is pink......you're gay......if you have a pink oxford shirt with an appropriate tie...not so gay

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 03:52 PM
however, if you wear pink to a tanning bed.....GAY.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 03:53 PM
Gambino,

Again honey you are so wrong. If you are a male and you want the ladies all over you wear a nice pink dress shirt and a nice tie and you won't be sorry. How can you be gay if you are wearing it because it attracts the ladies?

There are two guys in my office that wear pink dress shirts. Let me tell you, if you saw either of them...you'd never look at a pink dress shirt the same again.

I hate any dress shirt that isn't white or blue.

Keep your pink, canary yellow, red striped, short sleeve dress shirt in your closet.

OUthunder

Some of you guys on here kill me ...really.

OK, crusader ...I'll lower the font to your liking. Its great to be in 2nd grade again.

Sexy Sooner Angel
That helps. My wife bought me a pink oxford with a nice tie because she thought it looked hot. Therefore, I called it borderline. I have definitely seen where the pink oxford with the wrong tie (like a matching solid pink tie) looks very gay.

Ok the question I have here is the shirt really an oxford shirt? If so then that is gay.

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 03:54 PM
I only wear white and blue as well....the dark french blue, and a blue/white striped....other than that, i dont stray with other colors at work....

batonrougesooner
4/21/2004, 03:54 PM
Pink neon shorts are gay.

I'm just sayin...

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 03:55 PM
There are two guys in my office that wear pink dress shirts. Let me tell you, if you saw either of them...you'd never look at a pink dress shirt the same again.

I hate any dress shirt that isn't white or blue.

Keep your pink, canary yellow, red striped, short sleeve dress shirt in your closet.

Ok now if any man wears a short sleeve dress shirt then he is gay or just a nerd with absolute no fashion sense what so ever.

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 03:55 PM
umm, isnt an oxford shirt and a dress shirt the same thing? i could have sworn it was....

XingTheRubicon
4/21/2004, 03:56 PM
If it takes wearing pink to "get the ladies".......

I guess I'll just rub one out.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 03:56 PM
My girlfriend made me where a wite tux and a pink tie and cumberbun to our junior prom. The only reason I did it is because I wanted to score with her ...which I did! :D

Seeing those old pics is hell though.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 03:57 PM
Ok guys, don't wear the pink shirts to work. Wear them when you go out to the bars, etc. If you are comfortable wearing a pink shirt to work then by all means do it. There is nothing wrong with living outside of the box and experimenting a little with the color of your dress shirts. Open your mind and broaden your horizons.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 03:58 PM
Ok now if any man wears a short sleeve dress shirt then he is gay or just a nerd with absolute no fashion sense what so ever.

We had a new guy start about a year ago, and one day in the summer, the guy starts coming in to work in short sleeve dress shirts. There was a "short straw drawing" to determine who had to tell him not to do that.

Thank God I lost, that would have sucked.

He's no longer here.

Crusader
Way to make our posts look real stupid OUthunder.

Gambino Sooner
If it takes wearing pink to "get the ladies".......

I guess I'll just rub one out.

I worship you!

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 03:59 PM
I like pink in my steaks and NEVERMIND!

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:00 PM
We had a new guy start about a year ago, and one day in the summer, the guy starts coming in to work in short sleeve dress shirts. There was a "short straw drawing" to determine who had to tell him not to do that.

Thank God I lost, that would have sucked.

He's no longer here.

I once had to have a discussion with a guy because his shirts weren't long enough and he was showing man crack everywhere. Telling a guy to stop wearing short sleeve dress shirts is much easier, believe me.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:02 PM
As far as business attire, I am old school. No pink or yellow shirts, no crazy "fun" ties, and no dress shoes with big buckles (like pirate shoes).

Sexy Sooner Angel
umm, isnt an oxford shirt and a dress shirt the same thing? i could have sworn it was....

Oh god no! Do I have to give all you guys fashion lessons?

Oxford-A button down dress shirt that is either cotton/poly or 100% cotton. Usually has white mixed in with the dominent color so it is not a sharp color. It has a button down collar and the buttons are normally white.

Dress shirt- This can be any mixture of fabrics. (Cottons, polys, microfiber, rayon, lycra, etc.) Collar types (spread, hidden button, point collar, etc.) Colors are more distinct and the yarns are not mixed with white. Buttons almost always match the color of the shirt.

Almost no one buys oxford shirts anymore (except the old men who refuse to wear anything but) the majority of you own dress shirts.

Just for the record guys button down collars are out. DO NOT WEAR THEM!!!

Gambino Sooner
Button down shirts are G-A-Y....regarless of color.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:04 PM
I hate seeing a guy in a tie and a short sleeve dress shirt. Very tacky, IMO!

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:04 PM
Gambino,

Wait a minute don't you mean button down collars? You wear a button down shirt everyday so are you gay?

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:05 PM
I hate seeing a guy in a tie and a short sleeve dress shirt. Very tacky, IMO!

The only thing worse, is if he has jeans on.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:05 PM
Dang, so now I have to get rid of all my button-down short-sleeve oxfords. Do you think my knit ties are still ok?

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:06 PM
Gambino,

Wait a minute don't you mean button down collars? You wear a button down shirt everyday so are you gay?

A. I am gay. NTTAWWT
B. I mean collars, of course.
C. It's all about the spread collar.

OUthunder
Dang, so now I have to get rid of all my button-down short-sleeve oxfords. Do you think my knit ties are still ok?

Silk ties are the only way to go.

And yes, you should burn them all.

Gambino Sooner

Yeah, those will never go out of style!

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:07 PM
What about my pocket protectors?

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:07 PM
Gambino,

Again sweetie you are wrong not the spread collar. The point collar is what you want.

And BTW Yay! We finally agree on something the button down collars. Although I hate to tell you this, but gay guys already know that button collars are horrible so they don't wear them. So obviously BDC can't be gay.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:08 PM
Tab collars are the way to go.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:09 PM
Tab collars are the way to go.

Just as long as you remember to remove the tabs when you take your clothes to the cleaners.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:09 PM
Gambino,

Again sweetie you are wrong not the spread collar. The point collar is what you want.

And BTW Yay! We finally agree on something the button down collars. Although I hate to tell you this, but gay guys already know that button collars are horrible so they don't wear them. So obviously BDC can't be gay.

I have several spread collar shirts, but the recent purchases are point collars. I still like the spread collar though.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:10 PM
Just as long as you remember to remove the tabs when you take your clothes to the cleaners.

Heh, I'll let SSA explain that to you. I may get to complex.

SoonerInKCMO
4/21/2004, 04:11 PM
Almost no one buys oxford shirts anymore (except the old men who refuse to wear anything but) the majority of you own dress shirts.

I'm wearing and Oxford shirt right now - and I just bought it last Sunday. Guess I'm officially an old man now. :(

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:11 PM
G,

Ok as long as you are moving to the point collars then you are ok. Do you use a tailor to make your clothes or do you or the Mrs. go shopping for them?

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:12 PM
Have you guys seen the George Foreman shirts where the collar button is movable for expansion room? I laugh a little everytime I see that commercial.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:12 PM
I'm wearing and Oxford shirt right now - and I just bought it last Sunday. Guess I'm officially an old man now. :(

No, you're officially gay.

Cheer up partner, the up side is that you can now safely go to the tanning place.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:13 PM

Cheer up partner, the up side is that you can now safely go to the tanning place.

And stop by the bar on the way home and drink a Sex on the Beach.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:14 PM
G,

Ok as long as you are moving to the point collars then you are ok. Do you use a tailor to make your clothes or do you or the Mrs. go shopping for them?

I have used a tailor for my suits for the last 4 years. About a year and a half ago, I had him start making my shirts too. I'll never go back.

As for casual attire...if it's comfortable, I buy it.

Sexy Sooner Angel
Heh, I'll let SSA explain that to you. I may get to complex.

Heh. Thunder I was going to let that one go.

Oh well I will give it a try. A tab collar is one that has a hidden button under the collar. This keeps the collar down just like a button down, but without that hideous button showing.

You are thinking of a Collar Stay. That is the little plastic thing that you stick into the point of the collar. This keeps the collar shape.

Gambino Sooner
And stop by the bar on the way home and drink a Sex on the Beach.

But don't forget to put the top down on your VW...I think it mught rain.

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 04:15 PM
Alright, let's just get this whole thing straight right now.

1. Anything worn by caphorn is gay, regardless of color.

2. I own 1 pink shirt. It is a button down, long sleeve oxford DRESS shirt. My wife bought it. On the odd occasions when I wear it, I always get comments like "Dean, that shirt really brings out your tan (which of course was attained naturally in the great outdoors which is not gay like laying in a chickie tanning bed).

3. Slick, dark blue dress shirts with the white collars and cuffs are gayer than any pink shirt could ever be. Same goes for the slick black shirt with white collar and cuffs.

4. Dress shirts without button collars (I own several) look really gay if you don't have collar stays (the little plastic strip) in them. One collar lays down nice, the other is looking like the Flying Nun's habit blowing in the breeze.

5. Short sleeve dress shirts are the epitome of gay nerdliness. They always look like fag jammies to me. Do not EVER wear a tie with a short sleeved shirt. Ever. It is wrong.

6. Black ties on black shirts look Regis Philbin gay. Same colored ties/shirts are gay.

7. The only time a "power tie" is appropriate is during holidays. Christmas, Halloween, etc. I do have one bright yellow Spongebob Squaretie that my youngest son bought me. Khaki pants, blue shirt and yellow Spongebob tie = chick magnet. Don't ask me why, but they're like ticks when I wear the Spongebob tie.

8. Talking about men's fashion is gay.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:15 PM
Heh. Thunder I was going to let that one go.

Oh well I will give it a try. A tab collar is one that has a hidden button under the collar. This keeps the collar down just like a button down, but without that hideous button showing.

You are thinking of a Collar Stay. That is the little plastic thing that you stick into the point of the collar. This keeps the collar shape.

You're right of course. Where is my copy of Dress for Success when I need it?

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:16 PM
But don't forget to put the top down on your VW...I think it mught rain.

A VW bug no doubt!

caphorns
4/21/2004, 04:16 PM
Oh god no! Do I have to give all you guys fashion lessons?

Oxford-A button down dress shirt that is either cotton/poly or 100% cotton. Usually has white mixed in with the dominent color so it is not a sharp color. It has a button down collar and the buttons are normally white.

Dress shirt- This can be any mixture of fabrics. (Cottons, polys, microfiber, rayon, lycra, etc.) Collar types (spread, hidden button, point collar, etc.) Colors are more distinct and the yarns are not mixed with white. Buttons almost always match the color of the shirt.

Just for the record guys button down collars are out. DO NOT WEAR THEM!!!

Thanks for the lesson. No, it is not a "button down" collar. BDC's are not gay, just conservative. I actually like wearing a white BDC dress oxford (small collar).

This leads to the next most obvious question about dress shirts - cuff links. I don't think these are gay, but some guys wear these a bit too Liberace (which is gay-looking IMO).

SoonerInKCMO
4/21/2004, 04:17 PM
Edit: Nevermind

OUthunder

2. I own 1 pink shirt. It is a button down, long sleeve oxford DRESS shirt. My wife bought it. On the odd occasions when I wear it, I always get comments like "Dean, that shirt really brings out your tan (which of course was attained naturally in the great outdoors which is not gay like laying in a chickie tanning bed).

3. Slick, dark blue dress shirts with the white collars and cuffs are gayer than any pink shirt could ever be. Same goes for the slick black shirt with white collar and cuffs.

4. Dress shirts without button collars (I own several) look really gay if you don't have collar stays (the little plastic strip) in them. One collar lays down nice, the other is looking like the Flying Nun's habit blowing in the breeze.

5. Short sleeve dress shirts are the epitome of gay nerdliness. They always look like fag jammies to me. Do not EVER wear a tie with a short sleeved shirt. Ever. It is wrong.

6. Black ties on black shirts look Regis Philbin gay. Same colored ties/shirts are gay.

7. The only time a "power tie" is appropriate is during holidays. Christmas, Halloween, etc. I do have one bright yellow Spongebob Squaretie that my youngest son bought me. Khaki pants, blue shirt and yellow Spongebob tie = chick magnet. Don't ask me why, but they're like ticks when I wear the Spongebob tie.

UMMM, Dean, I hate to break this to you but you ARE talking about men's fashion.

Sexy Sooner Angel
I have used a tailor for my suits for the last 4 years. About a year and a half ago, I had him start making my shirts too. I'll never go back.

As for casual attire...if it's comfortable, I buy it.

I figured you had a tailor. As long as he keeps making you point collars you are good to go. What is the blend and style of the shirt you usually get?

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:18 PM
Tab collars are great but a pain in the *** sometimes. But they look very professional and you nevar have to worry about your collar looking funky.

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 04:18 PM
Thunder,

No ****? Who knew?

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:19 PM
I figured you had a tailor. As long as he keeps making you point collars you are good to go. What is the blend and style of the shirt you usually get?

100% cotton. I don't like anything else.

Plus they starch nice....and rock my face off.

SoonerInKCMO

Eh, I go anyway. Can't be going out and frightening the small children at the pool with my ghostly white belly.

OUthunder
Thunder,

No ****? Who knew?
I'm just saying, thats all big fella. Cool your antlers.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:21 PM
Cuff links? In my opinion, only if you have french cuffs and alot of $$$$.

OUthunder
My shirts usually come from Dillards or Marshall Fields. I have a 19 inch neck and sometimes finding a good shirt in which the collar stays in place is hard to do. I also have all of my shirts professionally laundered with heavy starch.

Gambino Sooner
cap,
Cuff links are the way to go. But there are a couple of simple rules to follow:

1. The bigger the cuff link, the more you look like a mob boss or used car salesman.

2. Stick to conservative suff links. Leave all the shiny, cute **** to the Vegas entertainers.

jk the sooner fan
button down collars being out must be for the hip 20's in crowd because in the business world I work around, I see them everywhere.....i guess i'll just have to be unhip or uncool....

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:22 PM
Cuff links? In my opinion, only if you have french cuffs and alot of $$$$.

Damn! There go my cuff links in the trash. My wife will be pissed.

XingTheRubicon
So Dean, to sum up, you have a pink dress shirt and
a sponge bob squarepants tie................

alrighty.

OUthunder
button down collars being out must be for the hip 20's in crowd because in the business world I work around, I see them everywhere.....i guess i'll just have to be unhip or uncool....

Not at all ...just old!;)

Gambino Sooner
My shirts usually come from Dillards or Marshall Fields. I have a 19 inch neck and sometimes finding a good shirt in which the collar stays in place is hard to do. I also have all of my shirts professionally laundered with heavy starch.

Good God Man, are you 8 feet tall???

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 04:23 PM
Not at all ...just old!;)

no doubts...like I said, i'm not in that hip 20's crowd, and thank god....

OUthunder
So Dean, to sum up, you have a pink dress shirt and
a sponge bob squarepants tie................

alrighty.

Heh! Who'd a thunk it. But in dean's defense, he does what to get laid occasionally and make his kids happy ...I've been there.

C&CDean
Speaking of tailors, I have a Vietnamese lady do all my tailoring. If you live in Norman, try Kim's on Hal Muldrow Dr. Very good.

Plus, I've only had a man tailor one time. He was spending excessive "inseam" time. I said "look dude, it's 32" on the inseam and none of your business on the manseam." He blushed. Homey's gotta have a chick tailor.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:24 PM

1. Agreed

2. Pink looks great on guys end of story.

3. Agreed who ever owns one should be shot.

4. I am so proud that you used the word collar stay! Also you are right.

5. Agreed

6. Disagree. If you match the colors just right you will look really good. If you are color blind don't try this.

7. Ok

8. Disagree. This is a public service. We don't want our Sooner guys out there wearing the wrong thing and not picking up the ladies. This is important information that all men should know.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:25 PM
Hey, if one of my kids gave me a SpongeBob tie I would wear it too. Thankfully they haven't yet.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:25 PM
Good God Man, are you 8 feet tall???

6-3', 249 and I lift weights and my kids a lot, so my neck has always been huge. I also where a size 15 shoe. Don't even get me started on shoes. Alan Edmunds all the way.

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 04:26 PM
johnston murphy here....12E

Sexy Sooner Angel

Button down collars are out. That is why the point collar is the highest selling style of shirt out there for 30-60 year olds right now. This is the top professional style.

XingTheRubicon
Andre the Giant

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:28 PM
Anybody else have problems getting appropriate sleeve lengths? I wear a 37" sleeve. So far, I have been somewhat limited to custom shirts and Lands End (usually white and blue shirts only).

OUthunder
Button down collars are out. That is why the point collar is the highest selling style of shirt out there for 30-60 year olds right now. This is the top professional style.
Agreed, but my only gripe about point collared shirts is that the have to make the collar so heavy that it sometimes interferes (clashes) with the design of the shirt.

Gambino Sooner
Speaking of tailors, I have a Vietnamese lady do all my tailoring. If you live in Norman, try Kim's on Hal Muldrow Dr. Very good.

Plus, I've only had a man tailor one time. He was spending excessive "inseam" time. I said "look dude, it's 32" on the inseam and none of your business on the manseam." He blushed. Homey's gotta have a chick tailor.

The guy I have is good, and may be gay (I'm not sure). He doesn't even use a measuring tape...he gives me the old eyeball.

Did I mention he's about 90 years old?

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:29 PM
Anybody else have problems getting appropriate sleeve lengths? I wear a 37" sleeve. So far, I have been somewhat limited to custom shirts and Lands End (usually white and blue shirts only).

Dillards has a "Big & Tall" section now, and I've seen sleeves up to 39". JC Penney's also has a brand called Stafford, that has bigger sizes in there catalog.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:30 PM
6-3', 249 and I lift weights and my kids a lot, so my neck has always been huge. I also where a size 15 shoe. Don't even get me started on shoes. Alan Edmunds all the way.

19 isn't that bad. My ex wore a size 18 and he is 5-11' 230, ex-football player, lifted weights all the time. It was nearly impossible to find dress shirts for him. Once we did the stomach would be too big and it would be too long.

caphorns

Damn, I didn't know my damn clothes were homos. Thanks for clearing that up Dean.

Gambino Sooner

Damn, you could play middle backer in the NFL.

Alan Edmunds are my shoe of choice as well. Although, I have two pair of Johnston Murphy that I like.

OUthunder
On a side note ... I can't believe that this thread has almost four pages now. :)

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 04:31 PM
Damn Gambino, you act like having a 19" neck is unnatural.

I'm 5'11", weigh a svelte 258, and my neck is almost 21". I can get a 20" neck buttoned, but it's damned uncomfortable.

My problem with off-the-shelf 20 or 21" shirts (like there are any - all my dress shirts have to be special ordered) is they're for guys with a 60" waist. Finding a decent 20+ dress shirt is almost impossible. So, it's $100+ a pop between the shirt and the tailoring.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:31 PM
Dillards has a "Big & Tall" section now, and I've seen sleeves up to 39". JC Penney's also has a brand called Stafford, that has bigger sizes in there catalog.

Thanks. I should probably forward this to my family since they keep getting me 34/35 inch shirts. I guess they think it's close enough. ARRRRRGGGHHHHH!

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:32 PM

Stafford = BAD

Dillard's = GOOD

:D

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:32 PM
Damn, you could play middle backer in the NFL.

Alan Edmunds are my shoe of choice as well. Although, I have two pair of Johnston Murphy that I like.

These are my "work" shoes. They are damn near as good as Alan Edmunds! You can find these at Dillards.

http://www.hstrask.com/index.asp?catid=1

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 04:33 PM
caphorns,

Do not use the Lord's name in vain. And yes, everything about you is gay. It's OK though. We know you can't help it.

Gambino Sooner

I'm 5'11", weigh a svelte 258, and my neck is almost 21". I can get a 20" neck buttoned, but it's damned uncomfortable.

My problem with off-the-shelf 20 or 21" shirts (like there are any - all my dress shirts have to be special ordered) is they're for guys with a 60" waist. Finding a decent 20+ dress shirt is almost impossible. So, it's $100+ a pop between the shirt and the tailoring.

No, I think a 20+ inch neck is normal.

FOR A GORILLA!

Damn, I'll bet getting small collared shirt on and off hurts like hell!

I crack myself up.

OUthunder
Stafford = BAD

Dillard's = GOOD

:D

I agree but if your a big man in a "pickle" then they aren't so bad. Most of my stuff is from Dillards, I forget the brand, but Liz Claiborne also make some nice tab collared shirts that I own. Plus they hold up to starch very well.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:34 PM
caphorns,

Do not use the Lord's name in vain. And yes, everything about you is gay. It's OK though. We know you can't help it.

Ban all horns and LSU fans today Dean! He used our Lord and saviors name in vein! Boot his ***!

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:34 PM

Dean,

Dillard's is trying to start up an "Athletic" dress shirt line. It's for those guys with the big necks, broad sholders, but smaller stomachs. They are trying to start this Spring '05. I will keep you guys updated.

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 04:35 PM
Talking about a man's big pickle is certainly gay.

Gambino Sooner
Thunder,
Dillards used to carry Perry Ellis dress shirts, they always ran big in the neck. you might give 'em a try.

I don't know if they still carry them though.

Sexy Sooner Angel
They do

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:36 PM
Dean,

Dillard's is trying to start up an "Athletic" dress shirt line. It's for those guys with the big necks, broad sholders, but smaller stomachs. They are trying to start this Spring '05. I will keep you guys updated.

Heh, you said "Dean" and "Athletic" in the same sentence.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:37 PM
By the way, my tailor says to wash your shirts by hand and work the collar a little bit after taking them to the cleaners a couple of times. It helps keep the collar from shrinking after being starched.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:37 PM
Talking about a man's big pickle is certainly gay.

Damn you Dean!:)

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:38 PM
By the way, my tailor says to wash your shirts by hand and work the collar a little bit after taking them to the cleaners a couple of times. It helps keep the collar from shrinking after being starched.

Really?

I just drop 'em off, and pick 'em up.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:38 PM
Thunder,
Dillards used to carry Perry Ellis dress shirts, they always ran big in the neck. you might give 'em a try.

I don't know if they still carry them though.

Big in the neck but the sleeve lengths are for midgets. Dillard brand and the other brand that they carry are very good quality.

GottaHavePride
4/21/2004, 04:39 PM
caphorns,

Do not use the Lord's name in vain.
He said Bobdammit? ;)

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:39 PM
Really?

I just drop 'em off, and pick 'em up.

If I had that kind of time I wouldn't need the cleaners would I?

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:40 PM
Big in the neck but the sleeve lengths are for midgets. Dillard brand and the other brand that they carry are very good quality.

Roundtree & York and Murano are Dillard's two lines.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:40 PM
It's not after every time you take them to the cleaners! After about every 3 or 4 times they have been cleaned.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:41 PM
Roundtree & York and Murano are Dillard's two lines.

YES! I wear them both. Roundtree & York been veddy veddy good to me. Murano is goof for colored dress shirts.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:42 PM
R&Y are there old school basics and Murano is the newer hipper styles and fabrics.

Gambino Sooner
It's not after every time you take them to the cleaners! After about every 3 or 4 times they have been cleaned.

Well hell, I might as well wash and iron them at home.

C'mon Cusader....don't waste my time.

Gambino Sooner
I have a R&Y tie.

I like it.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:43 PM

He must be a "Do it Yourselfer."

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:44 PM
The Murano ties are 100% better. Get those, they are great! You will also be a total HOTTIE in those!

Crusader
See, I actually try to make an informative post just one time and this is the grief I get. I'l just stick with the mundane and meaningless fodder from now on.

Sexy Sooner Angel
He must be a "Do it Yourselfer."

Then don't take them to the cleaners to begin with

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:45 PM
The Murano ties are 100% better. Get those, they are great! You will also be a total HOTTIE in those!

Do they make knit ties? I only wear knit ties.

SoonerInKCMO
4/21/2004, 04:45 PM

Iron?

What's that? :confused:

Seriously - I won't buy a shirt unless it claims to be wrinkle-free. I don't have the patience to do that kinda stuff.

Besides - it's women's work.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:46 PM
Do they make knit ties? I only wear knit ties.

You my friend are helpless!! You should only own 100% silk ties if you don't you should be taken outside and hung by those ugly ties.

jk the sooner fan

i do this, the dry cleaners are simply putting starch on top of starch....i wash them every second time...i'm washing clothes anyway so its really not taking any extra time

Gambino Sooner
See, I actually try to make an informative post just one time and this is the grief I get. I'l just stick with the mundane and meaningless fodder from now on.

That's better.

And if you could post less, that's be great too.

TIA

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:47 PM
You my friend are helpless!! You should only own 100% silk ties if you don't you should be taken outside and hung by those ugly ties.

Surely you know better.

Sexy Sooner Angel
Iron?

What's that? :confused:

Seriously - I won't buy a shirt unless it claims to be wrinkle-free. I don't have the patience to do that kinda stuff.

Besides - it's women's work.

WHATEVER! I don't even know how to iron.

Anyway, check with www.travelsmith.com they have a wonderful line of wrinkle free shirts and pants. Also the Daniel Cremieux line at Dillard's has a wrinkle free line that is one of the best.

OUthunder
Then don't take them to the cleaners to begin with

I love having pressed, professional looking threads, plus my maid quit! Dumb bitch! Something about grabbing her butt or something like that!:D

Crusader
I'll try.

Frozen Sooner
Damn, Dean. I thought that my 20" neck was big.

And, for the record, I'm wearing a 100% cotton Land's End button down with our corporate logo embroidered on it.

While I don't wear pink shirts, there are certain guys that can pull them off and not look gay. Me, I end up looking like a peeled grapefruit. :(

Hopefully, as the belly o' doom shrinks, the neck will shrink, but it probably won't. Even in high school I had a 17.5 neck-and that was a good 130lbs lighter than I am now. Wrestling, kids. It builds the neck up something fierce.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:48 PM

Listen to her Gambino. Silk is the ONLY way to go. Please tell me that you don't own any sock ties!:D

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:48 PM
Surely you know better.

Of course I do sweetie! That was more of a warning out there for others who don't have quite your fashion sense. :D

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:49 PM
Damn, Dean. I thought that my 20" neck was big.

And, for the record, I'm wearing a 100% cotton Land's End button down with our corporate logo embroidered on it.

While I don't wear pink shirts, there are certain guys that can pull them off and not look gay. Me, I end up looking like a peeled grapefruit. :(

Hopefully, as the belly o' doom shrinks, the neck will shrink, but it probably won't. Even in high school I had a 17.5 neck-and that was a good 130lbs lighter than I am now. Wrestling, kids. It builds the neck up something fierce.

You wrestle kids?

Sick-o

caphorns
4/21/2004, 04:49 PM
caphorns,

Do not use the Lord's name in vain.

Fixed. You are right on this one.

Now as to the rest of your comment, golf, beer, being married to a lovely woman, coaching my son's Pony league baseball team, being a huge sports fan and watching the Soprano's are not gay. Tanning salon, cruise, using a different soap to wash my face, pink shirt, pinkish brick on the house, living in Houston, going to the Stark club in Dallas during the 80s, having done at least one Tae Bo routine and taking a country and western dance class during college - these are fair game for discussion.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:50 PM

Now as to the rest of your comment, golf, beer, being married to a lovely woman, coaching my son's Pony league baseball team, being a huge sports fan and watching the Soprano's are not gay. Tanning salon, cruise, using a different soap to wash my face, pink shirt, pinkish brick on the house, living in Houston, going to the Stark club in Dallas during the 80s, having done at least one Tae Bo routine and taking a country and western dance class during college - these are fair game for discussion.

cap just admitted to using Oil of Olay and Noxema skin care. Silly horn.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:50 PM
Listen to her Gambino. Silk is the ONLY way to go. Please tell me that you don't own any sock ties!:D

Actualy, all of my ties are "skinny" ties, with a piano keyboard design on them.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:51 PM
You wrestle kids?

Sick-o

He's like Kramer on Seinfeld, the best of his group.

Gambino Sooner

Good Lord cap, you are gay.

OUthunder
Actualy, all of my ties are "skinny" ties, with a piano keyboard design on them.

Come golfing with me and I'll show you some fashion sense. NO Nickers on the golf course though.

SoonerInKCMO
Even in high school I had a 17.5 neck...

Me too. But instead of wrestling, it was because of carrying around my abnormally large melon. :(

salth2o
4/21/2004, 04:53 PM
http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/a1/d0/6b_2.JPG

This is very gay! NTTAWWTT

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/21/2004, 04:53 PM

I have one of those... When I'm at the bar and a song comes on that I like, I pretend like I'm playing the piano on my tie.

I've not left a bar without a chick in over 5 years now since I started doing that.

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:54 PM
that explains everything!

GottaHavePride
Anyone else ever notice that you can pronounce Noxema as either "nog-zeema" or "no-eczema"? That's kind of funny.

Sexy Sooner Angel
Good Lord cap, you are gay.

No he's just a metrosexual.

caphorns

Any non-homophobe should be able to name at least 6 arguably gay things about themselves. Otherwise, I'll assume the person is a closet gay (like gdc is a closet hornfan)

Frozen Sooner
There's that, too.

Nice Aqua-Teen Hunger Force (or whatever) avatar. One of my friends keeps trying to get me to watch that.

OUthunder
No he's just a metrosexual.
explain

Crusader
4/21/2004, 04:55 PM
I have one of those... When I'm at the bar and a song comes on that I like, I pretend like I'm playing the piano on my tie.

I've not left a bar without a chick in over 5 years now since I started doing that.

Do you usually wear it under your Members Only jacket as well?

OUthunder
4/21/2004, 04:56 PM
Do you usually wear it under your Members Only jacket as well?
Heh

SoonerInKCMO
4/21/2004, 04:57 PM
Nice Aqua-Teen Hunger Force (or whatever) avatar. One of my friends keeps trying to get me to watch that.

Thanks. Yep - it's Frylock from ATHF. Must-see TV around my place.

caphorns
4/21/2004, 04:57 PM
Let me help. 152 posts later within an hour on a subject about gayness. Obsession with gayness is gay.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/21/2004, 04:58 PM
explain

My god, do I have to teach you boy's EVERYTHING!

Metrosexual = everything that cap listed except he likes women. He has the mainly sports, guy side to him, but he also knows how to take care of himself so he looks his best and tries and enjoy the finer things in life.

Close to being gay just with liking women instead of guys.

Gambino Sooner
4/21/2004, 04:59 PM

ME TOO!!

We're so money!

Crusader
4/21/2004, 05:01 PM
Are the Lacoste shirts making a comeback? I noticed a couple of guys on the PGA tour wearing them at the Masters.

FaninAma
4/21/2004, 05:03 PM
I don't think there's ever been a gayer thread on SoonerFans.

I must say that after attending dozens of SoonerFan tailgates I am shocked, shocked I tell ya', to learn there are so many SoonerFan regulars who are Christian Dior wannabes.

picasso
4/21/2004, 05:32 PM
Dean, you are too funny man. I have to agree with you on the light blue/ white collared dress shirt.

Froz, my sis tells me that Lands End makes some great taylored suits.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2004, 05:39 PM
Do they? I'm a bit loathe to purchase a suit mail-order.

I'm not buying any clothes until I'm under 250, though. And then I'm only buying some basics. If I get under 200, I'm going nuts at the clothing store.

sooneron
4/21/2004, 05:41 PM
Dean, you are too funny man. I have to agree with you on the light blue/ white collared dress shirt.

Froz, my sis tells me that Lands End makes some great taylored suits.
LANDS END???

uh, no

picasso
4/21/2004, 05:46 PM
Hey, my sis is no fashion nugget but she does hang out with the higher end of society.

sooneron
4/21/2004, 05:48 PM
fashion nugget, heh

sooneron
4/21/2004, 05:49 PM
Hey, my sis is no fashion nugget but she does hang out with the higher end of society.
Are you going to do any shows up here (NYC area) ? Supposedly Brent G. has some work on display in some place in Soho.

Crusader
4/21/2004, 06:13 PM
I don't think there's ever been a gayer thread on SoonerFans.

I must say that after attending dozens of SoonerFan tailgates I am shocked, shocked I tell ya', to learn there are so many SoonerFan regulars who are Christian Dior wannabes.

http://cache.eonline.com/Features/Awards/Emmys2003/Pics/Images/queereye.jpg

This thread rocks!

GeneralCartmanLee
4/21/2004, 06:18 PM
Pink - it's my new obsession
Pink - it's not even a question,
Pink - on the lips of your lover
(oh)
'Cause Pink is the love you discover
Pink - as the bing on your cherry
Pink - 'cause you are so very
Pink - it's the color of passion
Ah, 'cause today it just goes with the fashion
Pink - it was love at first sight
Yeah, Pink - when I turn out the light
And Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight
You could be my flamingo
'Cause pink - it's the new kinda of lingo
Pink - like a deco umbrella
It's kink that you don't ever tell her
And Pink when I turn out the light
Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
Yeah!
I want to be your lover
I, I wanna wrap you in rubber
And it's pink as the sheets that we lay on
'Cause Pink - it's my favorite crayon
Yeah!
Pink - when I turn out the light
Pink - it's like red but not quite
And I think, everything is going to be all right

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 07:15 PM
GCL,

Now THAT was gay.

Carry on homos.

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2004, 07:16 PM
dean....thats the lyrics to a very popular aerosmith song....definitely not gay!

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 07:21 PM
****, I'm getting old man.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2004, 07:23 PM
Oh, yeah? Try this on for feeling old: I was getting a lap dance last night (friend's birthday party) and the girl didn't recognize the song she was dancing to.

Aerosmith. Mama Kin.

:(

Then she called it "Fogey Music."

C&CDean
4/21/2004, 07:28 PM
My last lap dance was when some waitress at Cracker Barrell wiped the crumbs from a biscuit off my britches. With a rubber glove and a towel.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2004, 07:33 PM
Did she at least know who Aerosmith was?

mrowl
4/21/2004, 08:07 PM
I was in Banana Republic the other day buying a shirt... went to pay, and the guy had his eyebrows waxed to a quarter inch length and had lipstick on.

I don't think I will go back. I do like their stuff a lot though.

Howzit
4/21/2004, 08:15 PM
Frozen,
I don't know if you saw it, but a few weeks back I posted about feeling old, and told about this episode.

I am sitting at the bar at a restaurant eating dinner. A young thing is walking up to me smiling, and I think she's going to make a pass at me (even though I am wearing my wedding ring). She gets to me and tells me that her mom thought I was attractive.

The sad part is that made a whle lo more sense.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2004, 08:19 PM
Oh, jeez, howzit. Was mom at least good looking?

I'm not proud. I'd hit it if she was.

mrowl
4/21/2004, 08:31 PM
howzit... ouch...

SoonerProphet
4/21/2004, 09:08 PM

I'm down. Here at work, unlike the yahoos in public schools ;) , males have to wear ties most every day, exception being soccer season when I could wear our typical polo knit. Some fellas sport the short sleeves and a tie look, I usually tell them they need a pocket protector to round out the look. GOOFY

GottaHavePride
4/22/2004, 12:14 AM
Agreed. Short-sleeved dress shirts are neither dressy nor shirts. Or something like that.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/22/2004, 07:55 AM
I was in Banana Republic the other day buying a shirt... went to pay, and the guy had his eyebrows waxed to a quarter inch length and had lipstick on.

I don't think I will go back. I do like their stuff a lot though.

Which Banana Republic was it?

GDC
4/22/2004, 07:59 AM
Be careful making fun of guys wearing short-sleeved dress shirts and ties...

http://93ol.myrice.com/dyhb/qtp/qt19.jpg

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/22/2004, 08:07 AM
Heh.

Very true.

Damn 7 pages now!

mrowl
4/22/2004, 08:26 AM
Which Banana Republic was it?

Galleria. Scary.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/22/2004, 08:31 AM
Well that's what you get for shopping at the Galleria, silly!

The best BR is at Preston and Park SE corner. It's huge and its only cute chicks that work there. There is also a BR store at the Allen outlet. Great deals on all their stuff.

Norm In Norman
4/22/2004, 08:51 AM
I'm wearing a green Cabellas golf shirt, jeans, and a tan OU vs FSU orange bowl cap right now. If I could find a dress shirt that would fit me, I probably wouldn't wear it unless someone died. If I'm gonna have to work in a basement then there is no way I'm gonna wear dress clothes.

btw, I am overweight, haven't shaved in over a week, and my hair hasn't been cut in a month. And I am a computer nerd. If I wasn't married I would have ALL the ladies.

Norm In Norman
4/22/2004, 08:58 AM
Oh, and I'm pretty sure OUThunder is going back on my ignore list after reading this thread. I just can't take it any more.

Sexy Sooner Angel
4/22/2004, 09:01 AM
If I wasn't married I would have ALL the ladies.

Yes, Norm you would. The ladies would be lining up at your door to get a piece of you! :D

picasso
4/22/2004, 10:02 AM
Norm I've seen you and you're sexy.
Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Norm In Norman
4/22/2004, 10:08 AM
I'm wearing a pink thong, btw.

jk the sooner fan
4/22/2004, 10:09 AM
I'm wearing a pink thong, btw.

now theres a visual.....

Norm In Norman
4/22/2004, 10:12 AM
Picasso says you are making fun of me and you are wrong.

jk the sooner fan
4/22/2004, 10:19 AM
i didnt say it was a humorus visual!

but i was thinking it ;)

picasso
4/22/2004, 10:21 AM
Pink is gay Norm. Now a red or periwinkle blue one on the other hand...

Boarder
4/22/2004, 10:39 AM
Yes, I said a little prayer of thanks that I don't have to wear dress clothes.

Right now, I have a pair of Old Navy jeans, red Vans with no socks, and a Volcom T-shirt on. Hallelujah!

When I go out, I usually wear the one shirt that will go over "the gut". Other than that, it's a rare occurance I wear a collered shirt and maybe once a year on the tie.

Like I always say, I'm married, who am I trying to impress?

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/22/2004, 10:44 AM
Hee hee... When you said Volcom, I thought you said Voltar:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/88/88card/voltar.jpg

I wundor what OUthundor wheres when he mos the lon on the weekinds.

Boarder
4/22/2004, 10:49 AM
Hehe, when you said Voltar, I thought of the fortune teller game in "Big".

Norm In Norman
4/22/2004, 10:54 AM
Pank.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/22/2004, 10:55 AM
Heh, when you said fortune teller, I thought:

http://www.comedyday.com/images/photogallery/whoopi.jpg
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/tv_pix/nbc/saturday_night_live_episode_photos/_group_photos/chris_farley8.jpg
http://www.tiempo.hn/edicante/2003/julio/jul19/fotospuavida/demi-novio.gif
http://www.urban-legends.ukf.net/ghost.gif

Gambino Sooner
4/22/2004, 11:09 AM
Norm,
You were in a dream I had last night. The funny thing is, I've never met you in person. But you were there...at least your head.

Carry on.

C&CDean
4/22/2004, 11:11 AM
Norm,
You were in a dream I had last night. The funny thing is, I've never met you in person. But you were there...at least your head.

Now it's official. This thread is 100% certifiably gaaaaaay. Congratulations big boys.

soonersoph1983
4/22/2004, 11:13 AM
If your wearing pink and not getting any pink ......yes its gay

Gambino Sooner
4/22/2004, 11:46 AM
Now it's official. This thread is 100% certifiably gaaaaaay. Congratulations big boys.

I didn't say what the dream was about.

Get your gay mind outta the gutter.

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2006, 09:23 AM
Just for sas. :)