PDA

View Full Version : Calhoun or Miller?

gaylordfan1
10/23/2009, 09:31 PM
If Murray is uable to play tomorrow, who should get the most snaps? Calhoun has been in the system longer and should have a better grasp of the system. I always heard that he was a shifty back with break away speed. He appears to me to be more of a power back... a straight forward runner. Now Miller is a true freshman... and seems to be a small back. But man that kid has impressed me the little time he has been on the field. He appears to be more of a game changer if he finds the open field.

Here are their stats:

J. Miller- 17 attempts for a net of 128yrds, with an avg 7.5yrds a carry. Longest run is 36yrds.

J. Calhoun- 17 attempts for a net of 61yrds, with an avg of 3.6yrds a carry. Longest run is 13yrds.

Hell, I don't know if Murray is even out for the game. What do you guys think?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2009, 09:49 PM
I would like to see miller get a few carries...surely they didnt burn his redshirt just to get mop up against idaho st and tulsa

gaylordfan1
10/23/2009, 10:00 PM
He won't see the field if Murray is healthy. I do think Calhoun will touch the ball first behind Brown. But I also think Miller will see some action.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2009, 10:22 PM
I'm anxious to see both of them. Miller seems more polished already and just has that "knack" to find daylight. I have a feeling Calhoun is one of those backs that needs a heavy workload to get going. He has brutish power and would be hell on a tiring defense in the 2nd half.

gaylordfan1
10/23/2009, 11:33 PM
If Murray doen't play.... Calhoun 24ryds, Miller 65yrds on 3 carries....

rainiersooner
10/24/2009, 12:53 AM
I'd like to see what they can do. I wouldn't say that I have not been impressed with them so far; I just haven't seen enough from them that has been impressive...which of course is only fair because they've only had mop up time so far.

MarylandSooner
10/24/2009, 06:32 AM
Whoever Stoops decides to put in there today I hope the line can start blocking.

SoonerFrance
10/24/2009, 08:00 AM
MaryAnn. :hot: