PDA

View Full Version : Superfreakonomics

StoopTroup
10/23/2009, 10:15 AM
Anyone got any old garden hose? I'm gonna save the planet this weekend. Also I'm gonna need some volunteers. I have to stick the garden hose in your *** to collect emissions. So if you have been eating chili and drinking beer...try to remember to do the right thing this weekend.

http://epa.gov/climatechange/emissions/images/ES7-7.gif

Also....you should quit eating beef. Get yourself a Kanga Burger people!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51p2H1czAhL.jpg

I think I'm gonna read the second version too. The first one had such an impact....lol

btk108
10/23/2009, 03:55 PM
I've got nothin....

JohnnyMack
10/23/2009, 04:04 PM
I had Ron's for lunch actually.

But you're not stickin' nuthin' in mah butt.......again.

sooner ngintunr
10/23/2009, 04:34 PM
I enjoyed Freakonomics. good read. I highly recommend it.

I'm sure I'll check this one out. Levitts' ideas are definitely not main stream, they are thought provoking though.

Chuck Bao
10/23/2009, 04:35 PM
Oh wow. The authors of this book are getting totally trashed for mis-stating and mis-quoting real authorities on the subject of climate change.

I could do some cut and paste jobs here, but I know it wouldn't do any good because some people are crazy and have already already made up their minds that humans can't possibly change the climate.

OUHOMER
10/23/2009, 07:38 PM
Oh wow. The authors of this book are getting totally trashed for mis-stating and mis-quoting real authorities on the subject of climate change.

I could do some cut and paste jobs here, but I know it wouldn't do any good because some people are crazy and have already already made up their minds that humans can't possibly change the climate.

I had some cabbage and beer the other day. it messed up my environment for about 10 mins :eek:

tidalmouse
10/23/2009, 07:59 PM
It messed up anyone that was around you's Climate also. :D

I like the way they got the Authors Name's looking like "Dumb and Dumber".

Ike
10/23/2009, 10:35 PM

I've seen that too. I saw an interview today with one of the "geoengineering" experts that apparently quote often in the book basically saying that they totally mis-represented his statements.

Also, I saw another thing that pretty much trashed the authors for the prostitution chapter.

I'll probably read it, but grains of salt are probably needed

olevetonahill
10/23/2009, 11:53 PM
I gots me a hose and shoved it up my ***

Then I stuck the other end in My mouth

Called it Recycling :eek: