PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Sam Bradford (seriously, this is from Mossman)

TheUnnamedSooner
10/22/2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/102209aaa.html

If this was posted already, my apologies, I did use the search button. However, I do agree with Mossman.

Sam Bradford is his own man. It's a good thing, too, because a lot of other people apparently want to be Sam, or at least make life decisions on his behalf.

From turning pro, to shoulder surgery to what he orders in restaurants, everybody has an opinion as to what Sam should do. There are newborns with more freedom to chart their course than what the Oklahoma quarterback enjoys right now.

The scrutiny is incessant. And that's to be expected for any high-profile Oklahoma student-athlete, but especially for one who has won the Heisman Trophy and apparently has a very bright future in the NFL.

It's just lost on a guy who so values privacy and personal space. Never has there been a more unwilling lightning rod.

By now, the outside commentary is repetitive. The go-pro camp, the have-surgery camp and the come-back-to-college camp long since ran out of new material.

So here's to opening up a fourth camp, the same one found in our constitution.

Sam, do whatever the heck you want. It's your shoulder, your college life and your future. Rest in the knowledge that God blessed you with not only an athletically gifted body, but also a sharp mind. Pursue happiness, your happiness. And let it be the happiness that you define for yourself.

What Sam Bradford does in the realm of his injury and his career is Sam's to decide. The pontificators will pontificate as they are paid so handsomely to do, and anyone with a keyboard is prone to do the same.

Perhaps what we should be saying is, "Sam, we'll be here when you have an announcement. In the meantime, we wish you all the best in making the decision that best suits you. If you're happy, we're happy."

Collier11
10/22/2009, 02:30 PM
Good for him, I have never understood those who want to rip Sam or any college athlete for that matter just because of the decisions they make for their self

Desert Sapper
10/22/2009, 02:32 PM
There's no arguing with this logic. Sam Bradford is a man and can make his own decisions. The end.

TUSooner
10/22/2009, 02:36 PM
I liked the one about the noble weary gentle Cherokee warrior a lot better.

SunnySooner
10/22/2009, 02:48 PM
I liked the one about the noble weary gentle Cherokee warrior a lot better.

Thanks, me too!!:D :D :D

Seriously, though, he's right, it's Sam's decision, I just don't know if I can handle seeing him writhing in pain with "SOONERS" on his chest again. Of course I'll still watch and cheer, I just may need some more El Presidentes. I hope for the best for Sam, whatever that may be.

A-M
10/22/2009, 03:02 PM
I sure don't want to see him hurt himself any worse then he is now. However, it is his life now and in the years to come and what he decided to do is what he must live with. If he doesn't do what he wants to do, he will regrett it the rest of his life, so you go for it Sam and don't let anyone talk you out of it. Whatever it is.

cjames317
10/22/2009, 03:15 PM
I agree, except "pursuit of happiness" is in the Declaration of Independence, not the U.S. Constitution.

goingoneight
10/22/2009, 03:54 PM
Sam's not the only draft-eligible guy to ever come back for the right reasons he came back. He's just ther only one who ever played QB for Bob Stoops and Oklahoma, hence all the hate from the outsiders and over-analysis from the "fans."

It's a sprain. It heals. Surgery is just a procedure to prevent serious future injury just like they did to Chris Brown's knee. Anyone who watched Sam's performance against Baylor knows he didn't lose an ounce of zip or accuracy the first time around, and if there's "no damage done" during the second injury, it's really just a matter of when Sam feels right and wants to get back in the game, be it OU or the pros. Don't color me shocked if he's back in 3 or 4 weeks again. He could heal up without surgery and go work out in the combine and pro day just they way he played against Baylor and still show them all he has to offer, then have the procedure *after* he's drafted just like Malcom Kelly did as well.

rainiersooner
10/22/2009, 04:29 PM
I agree, except "pursuit of happiness" is in the Declaration of Independence, not the U.S. Constitution.

I think he was referring to the "privacy penumbra" in the Fourth Amendment.

PS - Sic 'Em Baylor, RLIMC, etc. - I'M JOKING!!! :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2009, 05:46 PM
Kenny Mossman is the man

MyT Oklahoma
10/22/2009, 11:22 PM
I hope and trust that Sam makes the right decision. And that would be doing what HE wants to do.