PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Octoberfest 2009

StoopTroup
10/22/2009, 09:55 AM
Beer - $15 per pitcher, refill pitcher $14

Brats, Polls or German BBQ - $5.50

Potato Pancake with applesauce - $5.50

Strudel - 1/2 a Strudel $5 Full Strudel $8 but very good.

Ticky Tocky Ticky Tocky.....Oye Oye Oye Oye! - Free Corporate Sponsor Night! Thanks to the folks that work at Marriott for taking us with them this year. Me and the Mrs. had a great time.

The rainwater didn't water down the beer to bad and it really was fun watching the smokers smoke in the rain. NO FUMAR in the Tents. :D Also...don't argue with the Tulsa Police when they ask you to leave the tent as there is No Fumar. They aren't going to be very nice if you don't follow the rules. :D

Good Times!

ST

Pricetag
10/22/2009, 11:22 AM
Beer - $15 per pitcher, refill pitcher $14
I was about to get mad about the beer prices until I saw that you can save a buck with a refill. Seriously, those prices are ridiculous. That had better be some real German beer you're getting.

Boomer.....
10/22/2009, 11:38 AM
That seems higher than I remembered last year. Also, you have to remember that you are getting some strong beer and it's still less than $4 a beer.

StoopTroup
10/22/2009, 12:07 PM
I was about to get mad about the beer prices until I saw that you can save a buck with a refill. Seriously, those prices are ridiculous. That had better be some real German beer you're getting.

There wasn't one drop of German Beer to be had. It's pretty bad when if you want a dark beer you have to buy a Killian's Irish Red at the German Fest....lol

Michelob, Coors Light, Blue Moon, Bud, Bud Light....there were some others....nothing worth writing about though.

I can't believe they keep this thing going. Losing the German Beer and not having more specialty foods places can't be good for the future. I guess the idea is that as long as people keep buying expensive cheap beer....the Hard Core Germans can afford to have a few nights of fun in some of the other tents and let the masses pay for their fun. The Police who were there last night looked like gestapo waiting for someone to go bat **** crazy on. Later I saw them sitting down and relaxing a bit but at around 9 O'clock I think they were about to freak-out that they hadn't arrested anyone.

Also...if you think after 7 PM that you are going to go down there and park...you might if you wait until about 9:30 pm. Then some folks might be leaving and you'll have plenty of places to park. I almost called a Cab to take me and the Wife in there. Instead we found a spot a mile away and walked in at around 8:30.

Boomer.....
10/22/2009, 12:43 PM
I might have been drunk last year, but I do not remember any domestic beer. Each beer brand had it's own tent.

Breadburner
10/22/2009, 12:50 PM
Did you go to the strong beer tent........Since when did Spaten become somthing other than German beer......

C&CDean
10/22/2009, 02:14 PM
Yet another reason why Purcell > Tulsa.

Boarder
10/22/2009, 02:17 PM
Since when did Pure-hell have an Octoberfest with beer?

C&CDean
10/22/2009, 02:23 PM
Never. But I'd rather have no beer than $15 a pitcher pisswater. And I really meant to say Lexington > Purcell.

Boarder
10/22/2009, 02:25 PM
Or....
Lexington > Tulsa

It's ok. Typing is hard for an old fart.

C&CDean
10/22/2009, 02:28 PM
Or....
Lexington > Tulsa

It's ok. Typing is hard for an old fart.

You're not that old.

My Opinion Matters
10/22/2009, 06:01 PM
There wasn't one drop of German Beer to be had. It's pretty bad when if you want a dark beer you have to buy a Killian's Irish Red at the German Fest....lol

Michelob, Coors Light, Blue Moon, Bud, Bud Light....there were some others....nothing worth writing about though.

I can't believe they keep this thing going. Losing the German Beer and not having more specialty foods places can't be good for the future. I guess the idea is that as long as people keep buying expensive cheap beer....the Hard Core Germans can afford to have a few nights of fun in some of the other tents and let the masses pay for their fun. The Police who were there last night looked like gestapo waiting for someone to go bat **** crazy on. Later I saw them sitting down and relaxing a bit but at around 9 O'clock I think they were about to freak-out that they hadn't arrested anyone.

Also...if you think after 7 PM that you are going to go down there and park...you might if you wait until about 9:30 pm. Then some folks might be leaving and you'll have plenty of places to park. I almost called a Cab to take me and the Wife in there. Instead we found a spot a mile away and walked in at around 8:30.

It's Oktoberfest, not Octoberfest, and there's plenty of German beer to be had. You just have to know where to look.

okiewaker
10/22/2009, 06:36 PM
Nothing says, I'm drunk.............. give me some sausage, more than an Oktoberfest.

Soonerwake
10/22/2009, 06:52 PM
You're not that old.

The Choctaw Oktoberfest is better than all of them. Especially when you know many people working the beer tents... :D

JohnnyMack
10/22/2009, 07:52 PM
I have word that Marshall Brewing Co. will be tapping the first keg of Oktoberfest and it'll be their Oktoberfest Lager.

Boomer.....
10/23/2009, 08:35 AM
Oh yeah, well I ate at Royal Bavaria last weekend.

StoopTroup
10/23/2009, 09:34 AM
Did you go to the strong beer tent........Since when did Spaten become somthing other than German beer......

If there is a SBT...it wasn't open on Corporate Night.

I think if your gonna have a SBT you might want to cater to the folks that get you volunteers and sponsorships.

Seriously...at least half of the place was closed down. There were supposedly 3 tents open. The Big tent and the Sports Tent which folks could watch TU screw the pooch. I never saw a third tent but of course I wasn't going to walk around in the rain either.

No SBT could be found.

You shouldn't have to look that hard either for Spaten at an Octoberfest. I'm betting if their is Spaten out there...whoever runs that tent wasn't there that night. Sad IMO.

Also...I heard from one of the German Society folks that she got a Pitcher of Spaten last year and it was half full...the rest of it was foam and the guy pouring it tried to tell her that it's supposed to have that much head on it. She told him to pour the head into her other empty pitcher and fill her new pitcher up to the top. He said he wouldn't do it. She said...give me my $17 back. Yep. $17 half full pitcher of beer. :eek:

StoopTroup
10/28/2009, 01:10 PM
When leaving any Octoberfest...use mints from now on. :D

k7VOce0_qOw