PDA

View Full Version : Some of you clowns need to buy a clue:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/22/2009, 12:29 AM
The defensive effort against Texas was nothing short of spectacular. You are a complete idiot if you think otherwise.

Offensive and special teams miscues cost OU the Texas game. That is fact and not open for question/speculation. In between, the plays that were called throughout the game gave the offense an opportunity for success. Again: You are a complete idiot if you think otherwise.

Full disclosure: I have had questions about this staff myself, and been less than complimentary in the past. But this team minus 2 All-American diffence-makers acquitted itself quite well this last weekend, thank you.

OU has a stellar staff. Kevin Wilson constructed a historic offense. Brent Venables is calling a 2000-2001-2002 defense this year, and they are dominant. This season may be lost on a national scale this year, but a storm is-a-brewin' for next.

Get behind 'em folks. No one has it better.

OUAlumni1990
10/22/2009, 12:31 AM
I have no problem with the way the defense played. I was really in awe...

batonrougesooner
10/22/2009, 01:08 AM
Last year's offense + This year's defense = National Champions

Not to discredit last year's defense either. They did the job and got them to the NC game but you take the defense that showed up in Dallas last week and their overall performance this year to date and you see a defense as formidable as any Stoops has had since 2000.

gotpoi73
10/22/2009, 01:24 AM
i felt like they got a little conservative with the de in the 2nd half, but it was one of the BEST defensive efforts i can remember over the last few years. i am really proud of how they played.

if we had sam and gresh all season no question we would be undefeated

i still love my sooners

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2009, 04:17 AM
Tech last year was better, but I do think the D was awesome.

soonergooner
10/22/2009, 04:52 AM
Absolutely agree, though with caveats: the two dropped interceptions that would have opened the game for our offense and given the lead and probably the win.

PhilTLL
10/22/2009, 06:35 AM
Absolutely agree, though with caveats: the two dropped interceptions that would have opened the game for our offense and given the lead and probably the win.

Actually, my thought at the time was that even if they happened, the biggest meaning they held was just in stopping Texas drives, because I had zero faith that the O would do a damn thing. While all caused turnovers are good, bobbled interceptions should not normally be such a huge deal, and if they are in retrospect, your O was not doing its job. They should be "Oh heck, oh well" moments instead of game-losers.

fadada1
10/22/2009, 07:14 AM
D was great. O sucked - PERIOD. while it may be true we have lost 2 all americans and a majority of the offensive line, we STILL have the personnel to run an AVERAGE D1 offense. we shouldn't HAVE to rely on the defense to come up with a big play to put us on top.

the thing that gets me is this... we made adjustments on both sides of the ball. my question/comment is WHY? it appears we made adjustment because that's the "right thing to do" after halftime. we made an adjustment - texas did not. we made adjustments just to say we did. it's been my experience that you do something until it stops working... THEN you make an adjustment. see A&M game in norman in 1999. how many times did we run the utah/shuttle pass on them and how many times did it work.

with our coaching staff and their experience, if they can't make adjustments on the fly, then they need to re-think their chosen profession.

ashley
10/22/2009, 07:35 AM
The defensive effort against Texas was nothing short of spectacular. You are a complete idiot if you think otherwise.

Offensive and special teams miscues cost OU the Texas game. That is fact and not open for question/speculation. In between, the plays that were called throughout the game gave the offense an opportunity for success. Again: You are a complete idiot if you think otherwise.

Full disclosure: I have had questions about this staff myself, and been less than complimentary in the past. But this team minus 2 All-American diffence-makers acquitted itself quite well this last weekend, thank you.

OU has a stellar staff. Kevin Wilson constructed a historic offense. Brent Venables is calling a 2000-2001-2002 defense this year, and they are dominant. This season may be lost on a national scale this year, but a storm is-a-brewin' for next.

Totally true, but you need to stay off this site with all that real football knowledge and good sense.

devOUt
10/22/2009, 08:29 AM
It is extremely difficult for a defense to win a game with little help from the offense and special teams but our defense nearly won it for us last Saturday. I'm very proud of their effort.

RedstickSooner
10/22/2009, 08:31 AM
Dude, in this economy, clowning doesn't pay *nearly* as well as it used to. And now you expect me to buy a clue, as well as clown insurance?!?

You, sir, need to understand the grim, but grease-painted, economic reality of the working clown.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/22/2009, 08:35 AM
The only player I truly miss from the defense last year is Nic!

OUmillenium
10/22/2009, 09:04 AM
Dude, in this economy, clowning doesn't pay *nearly* as well as it used to. And now you expect me to buy a clue, as well as clown insurance?!?

You, sir, need to understand the grim, but grease-painted, economic reality of the working clown.

Wow, talk about a lack of cents:)

rawlingsHOH
10/22/2009, 09:08 AM
D was great. O sucked - PERIOD. while it may be true we have lost 2 all americans and a majority of the offensive line, we STILL have the personnel to run an AVERAGE D1 offense. we shouldn't HAVE to rely on the defense to come up with a big play to put us on top.

the thing that gets me is this... we made adjustments on both sides of the ball. my question/comment is WHY? it appears we made adjustment because that's the "right thing to do" after halftime. we made an adjustment - texas did not. we made adjustments just to say we did. it's been my experience that you do something until it stops working... THEN you make an adjustment. see A&M game in norman in 1999. how many times did we run the utah/shuttle pass on them and how many times did it work.

with our coaching staff and their experience, if they can't make adjustments on the fly, then they need to re-think their chosen profession.

And that is the EXACT level we are performing at.

soonerx
10/22/2009, 09:16 AM
You are a complete idiot if you think otherwise.
I'm only a partial idiot, thank you very much!

Signed,
Bozo

OUMallen
10/22/2009, 09:20 AM

I doubt there's a team in CFB history that could beat that combination. Well...UT scored 16 this weekend and UF held us to 14 in the title game, so maybe there is. But still, it would be a damned good team!

JohnnyMack
10/22/2009, 09:21 AM

Greg Davis made his adjustments in the 2nd qtr as he started mixing in some slower developing counters and then some draws in the 2nd half that were done to try and slow our D down. Venables followed suit. It was a chess match between their O and our D and it was at least a draw if not an OU win. To have McCoy look as confused as he did and to have Shipley look like he would rather be anywhere else was fun to watch. We just didn't have the weapons on offense to overcome their defensive personnel. I don't remember seeing our D play that well in years.

redlegsooner
10/22/2009, 05:24 PM
Greg Davis made his adjustments in the 2nd qtr as he started mixing in some slower developing counters and then some draws in the 2nd half that were done to try and slow our D down. Venables followed suit. It was a chess match between their O and our D and it was at least a draw if not an OU win. To have McCoy look as confused as he did and to have Shipley look like he would rather be anywhere else was fun to watch. We just didn't have the weapons on offense to overcome their defensive personnel. I don't remember seeing our D play that well in years.

IT WAS AN OU LOSS!!! Stats are for losers.. we LOST this game.. nothing comes from it except that we LOST IT.. just like we LOST to Florida and LOST to Texas last year and keep LOSING to every equally talented team we play.. oh but we have excuses.. and great ones.. unfortunately those excuses DON'T WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.. If we maintain our status quo and keep the same coaching staff next year, we will LOSE some more.. I would lose my job if I kept on failing and just listed out excuses and never looked in the mirror and figured out if maybe the LEADERSHIP was the issue..

ELP Sooner
10/22/2009, 05:28 PM
Is the shovel pass still part of the playbook?

CU Sooner
10/22/2009, 05:46 PM
no but the pistol formation is.

tulsaoilerfan
10/22/2009, 05:57 PM

Don't kid yourself average would be an updgrade

tulsaoilerfan
10/22/2009, 05:58 PM

Evidently not, nor is the misdirection toss to the running back that AD killed Tejas with back in 2004

sooner ngintunr
10/22/2009, 06:16 PM
I want to see Landry run the option once or twice ala Heupel 2000.

JMSO

Johnny Utah
10/22/2009, 06:24 PM
IT WAS AN OU LOSS!!! Stats are for losers.. we LOST this game.. nothing comes from it except that we LOST IT.. just like we LOST to Florida and LOST to Texas last year and keep LOSING to every equally talented team we play.. oh but we have excuses.. and great ones.. unfortunately those excuses DON'T WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.. If we maintain our status quo and keep the same coaching staff next year, we will LOSE some more.. I would lose my job if I kept on failing and just listed out excuses and never looked in the mirror and figured out if maybe the LEADERSHIP was the issue..

Stats are for losers.. and for baseball. Football is about wins (no matter how ugly they might be) and losses (hopefully not when it matters most).

JohnnyMack
10/22/2009, 06:36 PM

It's a football game. Played by kids. Relax.

Or. If you can't do that. Go **** yourself.

tommieharris91
10/22/2009, 06:52 PM

Fire Venables.

tommieharris91
10/22/2009, 06:53 PM

That's probably an understatement.

redlegsooner
10/22/2009, 07:17 PM
It's a football game. Played by kids. Relax.

Or. If you can't do that. Go **** yourself.

well if that's all that it is i guess we don't really need this board.. and way to accentuate your intelligence..

SoonerKnight
10/22/2009, 09:51 PM

what a dick! 8 posts! :rolleyes: ^^^^^^

PhilTLL
10/23/2009, 10:01 AM

Negative rushing total does not qualify one as "average." Even if you have 300 passing yards. Texas didn't clear 200 in either category but at least cleared 0 in both. I hate to keep carping on the same thing but it was a tad embarrassing given our standards, and it was essentially the difference in the game.

rawlingsHOH
10/23/2009, 10:24 AM
Negative rushing total does not qualify one as "average." Even if you have 300 passing yards. Texas didn't clear 200 in either category but at least cleared 0 in both. I hate to keep carping on the same thing but it was a tad embarrassing given our standards, and it was essentially the difference in the game.
Talk about cherry picking a random number for the basis of your argument.

Hell, if you performed at least at an "average" less for EVERY game, you obviously would be well above average.

You said OU didn't have an average offense, when the facts say the do, and even slightly above...
Total, 20th
Rushing, 54th
Passing, 19th
Scoring, 32nd

TrophyCollector
10/23/2009, 10:25 AM
As well as the D has played (and they have been great), they missed chances to win games. They had a chance to stop BYU for the win, Franks dropped a pick 6 to beat UM and Clayton and Jackson missed chances to score to beat texass.

2000 - TMarsh runs back the pick to beat AM, Strait with a great runback to put #1 ranked Corn away and the D makes a huge game winning red zone stop to beat sheep shagger st. on a day when the offense only managed 12 points.

Not that this year's O and special teams haven't been bad, they have. I'm just saying, give me a D that finds ways to win over a D that gives the offense a chance to win.

rawlingsHOH
10/23/2009, 10:46 AM
Not that this year's O and special teams haven't been bad, they have. I'm just saying, give me a D that finds ways to win over a D that gives the offense a chance to win.

Special teams have been decent. Nothing "special" but at least no disasters like 08.

SPuL
10/23/2009, 11:04 AM

I feel your struggle.:D

TrophyCollector
10/23/2009, 11:26 AM
Special teams have been decent. Nothing "special" but at least no disasters like 08.

Other than a punt return turnover, a kickoff turnover and a missed FG against texass there were no "disasters" :confused: .

rawlingsHOH
10/23/2009, 11:48 AM
Other than a punt return turnover, a kickoff turnover and a missed FG against texass there were no "disasters" :confused: .
You are right. I didn't consider the fumbles.

I was mainly considering our punt and kick coverage.

2nd in Punt Coverage, -0.71 per return!
39th in Kick Coverage, huge improvement over 08.
20th in Net Punting
17th in Punt Returns
87th in Kick Returns, ironically that is where we've been the strongest in recent years
8th in Field Goals, 11-for-13

Okie35
10/23/2009, 11:56 AM

Funny you mention that i haven't seen any this year.

KC//CRIMSON
10/23/2009, 12:03 PM
In between, the plays that were called throughout the game gave the offense an opportunity for success. Again: You are a complete idiot if you think otherwise.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg

Okie35
10/23/2009, 12:06 PM
As well as the D has played (and they have been great), they missed chances to win games. They had a chance to stop BYU for the win, Franks dropped a pick 6 to beat UM and Clayton and Jackson missed chances to score to beat texass.

2000 - TMarsh runs back the pick to beat AM, Strait with a great runback to put #1 ranked Corn away and the D makes a huge game winning red zone stop to beat sheep shagger st. on a day when the offense only managed 12 points.

If the defense is always out on the field they will get fatigued. I know when I played I would try my hardest every play but would slowly get tired eventually if the offense is barely on the field. Constant 3 and outs don't cut it. Sure you can say the defense did have crucial chances to make stops but the offense had even more chances to score throughout the game.