PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford Press Conference @ 5:30CT

unbiasedtruth
10/21/2009, 12:04 PM
believe ESPN is carrying it live. Sam is going to discuss his future.

Jock Ewing
10/21/2009, 12:07 PM
Who know what the weary gentle warrior of Cherokee descent will do.

Best of luck to him.

bmjlr
10/21/2009, 12:11 PM
He will pull a Jason White, ask for a medical redshirt and stay two more years!!!!!!

OK, actually he will simply say "no way in hel* am I going back out there behind that Oline!!!!"

SoonerPr8r
10/21/2009, 12:12 PM
He is going to announce his pilgrimage to go see if Tebow will heal him... and Gresham

Jayhawk Penguin
10/21/2009, 12:27 PM
He's getting the hell out of Dodge before Kansas can whoop up on him!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 12:30 PM
Probably something to do with my letter

Blues1
10/21/2009, 12:31 PM
He is Coming Back ~~~ :) -- Just a Guess.....

OUDoc
10/21/2009, 12:33 PM
Probably something to do with my letter

If it looks like he's holding a court order, you may be right.

OK2U
10/21/2009, 12:42 PM
I predict surgery then draft

Boomer.....
10/21/2009, 01:00 PM

This

OUAlumni1990
10/21/2009, 01:01 PM
This

That

oksoonerdave
10/21/2009, 01:02 PM

Agree

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:02 PM
see ya sammy

OUAlumni1990
10/21/2009, 01:03 PM
ok then, that's settled..

primetime43
10/21/2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah why else would he hold a press conference...

Johnny Utah
10/21/2009, 01:04 PM

^^^winner^^^

OUAlumni1990

because the press is too stupid to figure it out for themselves, therefore, you have to hold a conference complete with crayons and scratch pads to draw pictures...:P

TXBOOMER
I hate it but the realist in me believes he will announce he is going to have surgery, rehab and enter the draft. I just don't see anything else more logical.

SoonerLaw09
10/21/2009, 01:05 PM
Anybody want to lay odds that he will say he is a) having the surgery, and b) coming back next year?

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:05 PM
wow, I'lll probably start drinking at 530

1 beer bong, for every time he says "obviously"

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:06 PM
"Obviously our OLine sucks"

SoonerLaw09

At that rate you'll be passed out by 5:45 :D

OUAlumni1990

Why not start now, we already know what they are going to say... :texan:

Blues1
10/21/2009, 01:07 PM
Or ~~~ He is having Surgery and Coming back for his Senior Year....??

Well One Can Hope ~~~ :)

OUDoc

Because if he doesn't, dorks on message boards will drive themselves crazy with "what if's". ;)

I don't think he'd hold a press conference to ONLY say that he's not coming back (although I think that's what is going to happen). He had one last year to announce his return, didn't he?

stoopified
ok then, that's settled..
I would agree but tat is what Blevins says and we all know he is always wrong.

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:08 PM
well, last year after Florida, when the press conference was coming... most thought he was saying he's going to the NFL

who knows

nighttrain12
10/21/2009, 01:09 PM
He doesn't have to announce for the draft now. He can say surgery this week and out for this season and then make a decision in January about next season.

OUAlumni1990
10/21/2009, 01:10 PM
I would agree but tat is what Blevins says and we all know he is always wrong.

well, even a blind squirrel can be right sometimes...or however that goes...:D

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:10 PM
Sam is going to become the poster child

sucks

OUAlumni1990
10/21/2009, 01:11 PM
I think he is just going to let everyone know how much texas sucks (not that everyone doesn't already know).

primetime43
10/21/2009, 01:13 PM

sucks

totally agree!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 01:13 PM
Will Billy Sims be there?

SoonerLaw09
10/21/2009, 01:14 PM
Well, if he is leaving, it would make me very happy in my pants if he were to say "oh BTW, I've already signed a multimillion $$ contract with the Rams" :D

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 01:17 PM
Im guessing he will just announce he is having surgery and is done for the year. No need to announce for the draft already

TUSooner
10/21/2009, 01:19 PM
Well, if he is leaving, it would make me very happy in my pants if he were to say "oh BTW, I've already signed a multimillion $$ contract with the Rams" :D

As long as it's not the Raiders!

Seamus
10/21/2009, 01:21 PM
At that rate you'll be dead of acute alcohol poisoning by 5:45 :D

Fixed :D

SoonerLaw09
10/21/2009, 01:21 PM
As long as it's not the Raiders!

werd.

but trust me, the Rams are going 0-fer this year and will have the 1st pick.

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:27 PM
can u believe that Jackson has zero TDs?

TUSooner
10/21/2009, 01:29 PM
Sam's going to talk about an open letter he read on an internet message board and how that letter opened his eyes and touched him deeply. He's going to ask the writer to step forward so he can marry her (or him - but that's a whole n'other press conference).

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 01:35 PM
we can't get married in this state...i mean...NO, its a closed letter!

Soonerwake
10/21/2009, 01:36 PM
Could start like this:

I had a dream.....

TahoeSOONER
10/21/2009, 01:40 PM
Could start like this:

I had a dream.....

Could end like this:

...and that's why I'll be chucking spears through the hearts of the Big 12 once again.

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 01:44 PM

sucks

For sure. He has changed my opinion about the matter. IMO the coaches sold him out.

This was going to be the best Oline in the history of OU. Right?

"The line is as talented as any in this league and the country. It needs competition, it needs experience, it needs to grow. I can't help that it's not seasoned, but I love the ability with what we're working with. "I think it has a chance to be a phenomenal group."

What a load of crap.

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 01:45 PM
For sure. He has changed my opinion about the matter. IMO the coaches sold him out.

This was going to be the best Oline in the history OU. Right?

how did the coaches sell him out?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 01:47 PM
Sam knew what he was dealing with when he came back...

Boomer.....
10/21/2009, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have conformation of this announcement? I can't find anything about it on ESPN or soonersports.com

SbOrOiNaEnR
This was going to be the best Oline in the history OU. Right?

In related 2008 news, banks are collapsing, we may be on the verge of electing a black president, and Apple is launching a 3G iPhone. ;) :D

yermom
Will Billy Sims be there?

BOOMER!

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 02:00 PM
how did the coaches sell him out?

Do I really need to explain it for you? Come on now.

"I don't know if I know offense as well (as some)," Wilson said. "But I know offensive lines."

"It's documented that everybody is concerned about our line," Wilson said. "I'm not ... at all."

Wilson is adamant about the ability of veterans like senior left guard Brian Simmons and junior right tackle Cory Brandon

This is where Sam was getting some of the info that influenced his decision. I would say that Sam didn't know what he was getting into. None of us did but the coaches should have had a better clue about how ****ty this line was going to be (IMO). The coaches were pumping sunshine up everyones butt.

Not saying KW was lying on purpose but obviously he didn't know what the **** he was talking about.

swardboy
10/21/2009, 02:02 PM
Does anyone have conformation of this announcement? I can't find anything about it on ESPN or soonersports.com

Conform or die!!!!!

I got nuthin'

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 02:02 PM

"I don't know if I know offense as well (as some)," Wilson said. "But I know offensive lines."

"It's documented that everybody is concerned about our line," Wilson said. "I'm not ... at all."

Wilson is adamant about the ability of veterans like senior left guard Brian Simmons and junior right tackle Cory Brandon

This is where Sam was getting some of the info that influenced his decision. I would say that Sam didn't know what he was getting into. None of us did but the coaches should have had a better clue about how ****ty this line was going to be (IMO). The coaches were pumping sunshine up everyones butt.

Not saying KW was lying on purpose but obviously he didn't know what the **** he was talking about.
Thats not selling Sam out. Sam knew all the facts when he made his decision.

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 02:03 PM
Thats not selling Sam out. Sam knew all the facts when he made his decision.

Those well stated facts that the coaching staff made up turned out to be fiction.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 02:04 PM
right...Sam wasn't like us, who could only go by watch coaches say...he saw them everyday in practice

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 02:08 PM
Those well stated facts that the coaching staff made up turned out to be fiction.

please. Thats a ridiculous statement.

right...Sam wasn't like us, who could only go by watch coaches say...he saw them everyday in practice

exactly

Soonerwake
10/21/2009, 02:08 PM
So Sam Bradford didn't know that 4/5 of his o-line was gone? Give the kid some credit, surely he is smarter than basing his decision to return to play another year on some usual coachspeak..

TheUnnamedSooner
10/21/2009, 02:09 PM
This is what I could find..

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091021_92_B1_OUquar997594

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 02:18 PM
surely he is smarter than basing his decision to return to play another year on some usual coachspeak..

Actually I'm not so sure. Coachspeak shouldn't happen behind closed doors. You think KW's apparent confidence in this line was just coachpeak?

You guys are all crazy if you think that the coaches didn't have a HUGE impact on Sam coming back.

My whole point is that KW was dead wrong about HIS own sqaud.

I just feel sorry for Sam. Hope everything works out for the kid.

SoonerMavrick25
10/21/2009, 02:24 PM

I think you're forgetting that Bradford dream is to play for the same school his dad played for and the team he grew up watching. Not to mention who wouldn't want to be revered like he is around here.

And we can assume that he would have gone here in the draft of there, but the fact of the matter is he made a decision based off what the scouts told him. Not what the coaches told some media folk about the O-line.

Know about what you speak of before making erroneous coments.

TXBOOMER
10/21/2009, 02:32 PM
BOOMA!

Fixed

OK2U
10/21/2009, 02:34 PM
He's admitting that he and Dez Bryant had dinner w/ Deion Sanders during the off season to discuss how much they enjoyed saving 15 percent on their car insurance by switching over to Geico.
?

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 02:34 PM
I think you're forgetting that Bradford dream is to play for the same school his dad played for and the team he grew up watching. Not to mention who wouldn't want to be revered like he is around here.

And we can assume that he would have gone here in the draft of there, but the fact of the matter is he made a decision based off what the scouts told him. Not what the coaches told some media folk about the O-line.

Know about what you speak of before making erroneous coments.

He came back to win a NC. Most scouts had him #1. Scouts had ZERO to do with his decision. Coaches had most everything to do with his decision.

erroneous comments? pot meet kettle.

primetime43
10/21/2009, 02:38 PM
Scouts also wanted to see him add a few pounds of muscle which he did and they wanted to see him play behind a new O-line.

C&CDean
10/21/2009, 02:49 PM
He came back to win a NC. Most scouts had him #1. Scouts had ZERO to do with his decision. Coaches had most everything to do with his decision.

Do you sleep with him? You've sure got a lot of absolute opinions on this topic. Tell me what it feels like to be burnt orange.

Tim Tebow
10/21/2009, 02:53 PM
He is going to announce his pilgrimage to go see if Tebow will heal him... and Gresham

:)

Boomer.....
10/21/2009, 02:53 PM
Carey Murdock just said the presser will be closer to 6 and that he will be having surgery.

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 02:54 PM

so he should blame Gresham for getting hurt too right?

Tim Tebow
10/21/2009, 02:55 PM
SoonerScoop is reporting Surgery and done for the season...

SoonerMavrick25
10/21/2009, 02:55 PM

I guess if your definition of "most scouts" is what garbage spews from Mel Kiper jr's and Todd Mcshay's mouth. Then you are right.
Shame on Bob Stoops and shame on Kevin Wilson for having faith in the 0-line.

"pot meet kettle" Well I am glad you agree that you're comment is indeed erroneous.

Lame=marking ones rep down and calling them a noob for posting in a forum where opinions' are suppose to be talked about and discussed.

C&CDean
10/21/2009, 02:57 PM
I guess if your definition of "most scouts" is what garbage spews from Mel Kiper jr's and Todd Mcshay's mouth. Then you are right.
Shame on Bob Stoops and shame on Kevin Wilson for having faith in the 0-line.

"pot meet kettle" Well I am glad you agree that you're comment is indeed erroneous.

Lame=marking ones rep down and calling them a noob for posting in a forum where opinions' are suppose to be talked about and discussed.

Don't worry, he's gonna be burnt orange for a while now.

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 03:04 PM
Do you sleep with him? You've sure got a lot of absolute opinions on this topic. Tell me what it feels like to be burnt orange.

I base my opinions off what Sam says himself.

About being red, I couldn't care less. Whatevs.

C&CDean
10/21/2009, 03:06 PM
So, you do sleep with him. Does pimp know about this? He's gonna be pissed.

Soonerwake
10/21/2009, 03:08 PM
Actually I'm not so sure. Coachspeak shouldn't happen behind closed doors. You think KW's apparent confidence in this line was just coachpeak?
You guys are all crazy if you think that the coaches didn't have a HUGE impact on Sam coming back.

My whole point is that KW was dead wrong about HIS own sqaud.

I just feel sorry for Sam. Hope everything works out for the kid.

Yes, I think KW's comments were coachspeak from a coach who, according to what I have been told, is an arrogant a**. Whether he believes it or not, I don't know. But, I have a strong feeling that everyone else, including Sam, knew there would be some issues.

And, I feel for him as well.

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 03:11 PM
So, you do sleep with him. Does pimp know about this? He's gonna be pissed.

Don't tell Sam. He's gonna be the one that is pissed.

He came back to OU because of ME!! Thats how I know everything!!

C&CDean
10/21/2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, I think KW's comments were coachspeak from a coach who, according to what I have been told, is an arrogant a**. Whether he believes it or not, I don't know. But, I have a strong feeling that everyone else, including Sam, knew there would be some issues.

And, I feel for him as well.

Here's my take on our O-line.

They are good. They practice good. They just turn into giant weenises when the other guys have a different colored jersey and helmet. I honestly believe that when these guys figure it out, they're gonna be damn good. Individually, they're way too talented to continue the Keystone Kop imitation forever. I predict by the end of this year we won't be having all the O-line issues we have now.

Wilson is arrogant. I've dealt with him several times personally. He's also a damn fine offensive football coach who has been dealt nothing but **** this entire year. I think he's done one hell of a job considering what he's dealing with. To be in every single game - with a legitimate chance to win them all - against a schedule as tough as ours - says a lot about his coaching abilities. People that don't see that are either blind or stupid or both.

C&CDean
10/21/2009, 03:14 PM
Don't tell Sam. He's gonna be the one that is pissed.

He came back to OU because of ME!! Thats how I know everything!!

Riiiiiight.

wishbonesooner
10/21/2009, 03:18 PM
Lots of opinions on what he will say. What do we want him to say? I for one hope he has surgery and goes to the NFL this spring.

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 03:23 PM
Lots of opinions on what he will say. What do we want him to say? I for one hope he has surgery and goes to the NFL this spring.

I hope he has surgery and comes back. that is me being selfish though.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/21/2009, 03:26 PM
I think he is just going to let everyone know how much texas sucks (not that everyone doesn't already know).

Then Brian Britt would have to send emails to everyone apologizing for his lack of sportsmanship and lack of respect for a quality athletic opponent and then give Sam a strong talking to.

Soonerwake
10/21/2009, 03:27 PM
Here's my take on our O-line.

They are good. They practice good. They just turn into giant weenises when the other guys have a different colored jersey and helmet. I honestly believe that when these guys figure it out, they're gonna be damn good. Individually, they're way too talented to continue the Keystone Kop imitation forever. I predict by the end of this year we won't be having all the O-line issues we have now.

Wilson is arrogant. I've dealt with him several times personally. He's also a damn fine offensive football coach who has been dealt nothing but **** this entire year. I think he's done one hell of a job considering what he's dealing with. To be in every single game - with a legitimate chance to win them all - against a schedule as tough as ours - says a lot about his coaching abilities. People that don't see that are either blind or stupid or both.

That's why I like you Dean. That, and awesomely good ribs at the Baylor TG...

Well said. Now, let's kick some Jayhawk tail!

soonergirl_14
10/21/2009, 03:31 PM
Sam already said that he isn't going to make that decision until AFTER the season is over. So personally, I'll be really surprised if he goes ahead and announces his decision. Besides, he hasn't had a lot of time to think about it. So I think he is just going to talk about his plan to get better. Don't jump to conclusions. He's a guy that has to think things out for a while just to make sure it's the right one.

TMcGee86
10/21/2009, 03:49 PM
This

That

Those.

SPuL
10/21/2009, 03:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4583332

^espn saying he gonna say he's getting season-ending surgery.

thank god. Smart move Sam

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2009, 03:50 PM
Nothin's official until we get 'Rus opinion :) Where the hell is he?

jduggle
10/21/2009, 03:51 PM
You don't have a press conference to announce you're not having surgery....

TXBOOMER
10/21/2009, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=C&CDean;2744846]Here's my take on our O-line.

They are good. They practice good. They just turn into giant weenises when the other guys have a different colored jersey and helmet. I honestly believe that when these guys figure it out, they're gonna be damn good. Individually, they're way too talented to continue the Keystone Kop imitation forever. I predict by the end of this year we won't be having all the O-line issues we have now.]

I believe you are correct. The problem is we will need to replace Williams, Simmons, Eldridge and Clapp for next year. We could be getting into a pattern here.

iwannabelikesam
10/21/2009, 03:58 PM
Press Conference CANCELED according the soonersports.com official twitter

http://twitter.com/SoonerSportscom:

"Sam Bradford has cancelled press conference slated for Wednesday. Bradford still gathering information. Check SoonerSports.com for latest."

TMcGee86
10/21/2009, 04:01 PM
Would this surgery be covered under Obamacare?

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 04:04 PM
Sam is a Republican..... he's smart

lol

Boomer.....
10/21/2009, 04:08 PM
Press conference canceled because Bradford wants more time to gather information.

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 04:10 PM
wow

SoonerLaw09
10/21/2009, 04:14 PM
More information on what, I wonder? Did something occur that's giving him second thoughts on the surgery?

swardboy
10/21/2009, 04:16 PM
Bob told him to consider going left-handed.....

cjames317
10/21/2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe Sam's also considering the NHL, NBA and PGA?

badger
10/21/2009, 04:26 PM
Yup, Sammie canceled. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091021_92_0_WillOk238596)

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 04:28 PM
what is there not to know

IGotNoTiming
10/21/2009, 04:29 PM
Sam is a Republican..... he's smart

lol

:pop:

Oldnslo
10/21/2009, 04:31 PM
So, the news here is that there isn't going to be any news. Check.

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 04:32 PM
well..... we can still drink?

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 04:34 PM
well..... we can still drink?

obviously

soonergirl_14
10/21/2009, 04:35 PM
Bob told him to consider going left-handed.....

Where on earth did you get that??

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 04:38 PM

:gary:

soonerx
10/21/2009, 04:39 PM
This

That

Those.
These.

OUinFLA
10/21/2009, 04:40 PM

Same place he gets all his information.

Dean Blevins says he's about 70/40 to be incorrect.

Breadburner
10/21/2009, 04:42 PM
I'm going left hand tonight...I have it soaking in beer now...Trying to get my date drunk.....

OUinFLA
10/21/2009, 04:43 PM
what is there not to know

I'm overwhelmed you would even ask that question.

OUinFLA
10/21/2009, 04:43 PM
I'm going left hand tonight...I have it soaking in beer now...Trying to get my date drunk.....

Now, that's funny.
spek

I Am Right
10/21/2009, 04:49 PM
He will pull a Jason White, ask for a medical redshirt and stay two more years!!!!!!

OK, actually he will simply say "no way in hel* am I going back out there behind that Oline!!!!"

hopa, hopa, hopa

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2009, 05:19 PM
You mean know i have to tell my buddies that it's canceled? Well hell

SeattleOUstudent
10/21/2009, 05:26 PM
this would be best addressed in an open letter.

josh09
10/21/2009, 05:30 PM
These.

Them.

Soonerus
10/21/2009, 05:54 PM
Nothin's official until we get 'Rus opinion :) Where the hell is he?

I am meeting with Sam right now, I'll get back with you guys later...

starclassic tama
10/21/2009, 07:19 PM

come on now. do you really expect wilson or stoops to come out and say, "i think our line will be horrible. don't mean to sell anyone out now, but they just aren't good at football. sam will probably get smoked and injured in the opening game. he is a fool for coming back. there is no talent on our offensive line." stoops even sounded the alarm before the draft, saying that he is disappointed in them and they need to work harder etc. so what if wilson saw some hope and thought these guys would be better than what people were saying? why don't you call sam an idiot for saying we wouldn't fall off much at receiver? he obviously didn't know what the hell he was talking about, right? even though tennell made a nasty 40+ yard jumping catch in the red white game, sam should have came out and said the receivers were going to be horrible so he didn't let down "fans" like you, right?

soonergirl_14
10/22/2009, 07:15 AM
More information on what, I wonder? Did something occur that's giving him second thoughts on the surgery?

Coach Stoops said that it was about the surgery. He just want's to make sure that surgery is the way to go...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091022_92_B1_Online123553

Boomer.....
10/22/2009, 07:36 AM
If James Andrews says surgery is needed, then surgery is needed. I know that Sam wants to play but he needs to be smart about this decision.

sooner ngintunr
10/22/2009, 09:32 AM
come on now. do you really expect wilson or stoops to come out and say, "i think our line will be horrible. don't mean to sell anyone out now, but they just aren't good at football. sam will probably get smoked and injured in the opening game. he is a fool for coming back. there is no talent on our offensive line." stoops even sounded the alarm before the draft, saying that he is disappointed in them and they need to work harder etc. so what if wilson saw some hope and thought these guys would be better than what people were saying? why don't you call sam an idiot for saying we wouldn't fall off much at receiver? he obviously didn't know what the hell he was talking about, right? even though tennell made a nasty 40+ yard jumping catch in the red white game, sam should have came out and said the receivers were going to be horrible so he didn't let down "fans" like you, right?

No, I was wrong in that post. My point didn't come across very good.

My point was that coaches had alot more influence on Sam's decision than the scouts had. Thats my stupid opinion.

SoonerLaw09
10/22/2009, 10:30 AM

I don't care who y'are, thats funny right there...