PDA

View Full Version : Gundy Getting Some Hate

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 11:27 AM
The Hypocrite (3) of the half-year is:

A. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy.

B. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy.

C. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy.

Dash Answer: All of the above. Everyone remembers the "I'm a Man! I'm 40!" part of that absurd Gundy rant in 2007, right? What most people don't recall is Gundy also screaming, "That's not true!" about certain aspects of a story in the Oklahoman. Well, it turns out the great champion of truth and accuracy couldn't bring himself or his program to be forthright about why receiver Dez Bryant sat out against Grambling on Sept. 26.

The school stated that Bryant missed the game with an injury. Then, according to a report last week in the Oklahoman, the school told the NCAA a different story. In its appeal to restore Bryant's eligibility after he lied to NCAA investigators, Oklahoma State congratulated itself for withholding its star wideout because of eligibility concerns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&page=dash0908&sportCat=ncf

OKLA21FAN
10/21/2009, 11:28 AM
shouldn't this be an open letter? :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 11:29 AM
yeah I saw that yesterday.....Most of the national media just hates him, and they are going to get him every chance they get...

But there is truth to what he is saying

yermom
10/21/2009, 11:40 AM
whoever printed that is garbage

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 11:42 AM
I just think it would have been awesome if one of the media at the presser would have stood up and said "THATS NOT TRUE!!"

SoonersEnFuego
10/21/2009, 12:19 PM
Don't bedowngrade him!

stoopified
10/21/2009, 12:24 PM
Why is everyone picking on Mikey Spikey? :D

VA Sooner
10/21/2009, 12:29 PM
NCAA a little perturbed and now taking their time.

Media perturbed with what OSU told them the reason for Bryant to sit out the Grambling game and now changing their story.

He said/she said/he said some more. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

beer4me
10/21/2009, 12:44 PM
That's funny "certainly"

badger
10/21/2009, 01:08 PM
I certainly can see a healthy OSU team beat Texas at home... unless they are Dez-less.

Sans-Dez?

unDezed?

:D I could have some more fun with that, but if Texas lays an egg (finally!) after coming so close to beating the whorns these past few years, a meltdown of epic proportions shall follow.

Of course, if OSU loses once again, OP can have the meltdown instead.

I really don't care if OSU said the Dez-bot was ineligible or injured. He didn't play, that's the important part. If he continues to not play, the Poke luck is gonna run out soon now that conference play's started.

SoonerLaw09
10/21/2009, 01:19 PM
Now our only chance of tejas losing 2 are this weekend and @ aggy. On the off chance that Mizery wins Saturday (it could happen!), there's more of a possibility of a whorn meltdown against aTm (or another opponent).

I think if whorns win they run the table.

badger
10/21/2009, 01:36 PM
Without Jerryworld this season, we probably would have been in for a special season. Alas, we will just have to settle for what most programs would kill for rather than what all programs would kill for :)

Soonerwake
10/21/2009, 04:58 PM
The school stated that Bryant missed the game with an injury. Then, according to a report last week in the Oklahoman, the school told the NCAA a different story. In its appeal to restore Bryant's eligibility after he lied to NCAA investigators, Oklahoma State congratulated itself for withholding its star wideout because of eligibility concerns.

Those are the parts I like. I guess lying in Stillwater is a learned behavior.

badger
10/21/2009, 05:16 PM
I don't think that Mike Gundy's character has ever been disputed.

He will crash and burn this season when expectations are highest.It will hurt a lot more than 0-10-1, because Poke fans are convinced they are contenders for the Big 12 and the BCS... like Tech last year.

Crash and burrrrrrrnnnnnn.

Jacie
10/21/2009, 07:54 PM
If any conference team hopes to beat sa*et, this is the year. Yes, they are playing fairly good "D" (at least as good as BYU and Miami), but the 2009 version of Ponyboy is not the player who rewrote the whorn record book for offense for the last three seasons. I think Mack will lose two conference games and the South Division title.

OSUAggie
10/21/2009, 08:40 PM
I'm still trying to figure out when/where "Oklahoma State" or Mike Gundy announced that Dez Bryant missed/will miss/whatever the Grambling State game due to injury.

Since Gundy (or "Oklahoma State") doesn't discuss injuries in detail (as the Oklahoman suggests), I'm having difficulty finding the source.

Or did they just pull it out of thin ****ing air, as per usual?

Whatever.

Texas isn't exactly unbeatable - even without Dez. Frankly, I think Tech will be a more difficult matchup for us.

Soonerwake
10/22/2009, 08:22 AM
Bryant, Hunter, Cox to sit vs. Grambling
By Joe Schad
ESPN
Archive

Big 12 blog
ESPN.com's Tim Griffin writes about all things Big 12 in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Oklahoma State will hold out wide receiver Dez Bryant (hamstring), running back Kendall Hunter (leg) and cornerback Perrish Cox (shoulder) against Grambling on Saturday.

Bryant is among the top receivers in the nation. Hunter, also a preseason All-American, is backed up by Keith Toston.

Cox is also a special teams contributor.

The Cowboys will have a bye after this week before playing at Texas A&M on Oct. 10.

Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep. 25, 2009 - 7:15 p.m. ET

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant (calf) and running back Kendall Hunter (ankle) have been ruled out versus Grambling on Saturday.

The news that Bryant will sit is not a big shock. Both could return next week against Texas A&M.

Source: ESPN.com

Sep. 22, 2009 - 11:30 a.m. ET

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy says wide receiver Dez Bryant is day-to-day with a strained hamstring.

With Grambling up next, you have to wonder how much work Bryant will see even if he is able to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Published: September 26, 2009 07:35 pm

OSU-Grambling chat: All Cowboys at the half

Oklahoma State was hoping for a feel-good game leading into its bye week. For the first 30 minutes that's exactly what they've gotten.

In the best first half the team has played this season, OSU leads Grambling State 35-3 at Boone Pickens Stadium.

The Cowboys are playing without wide receiver Dez Bryant and cornerback Perrish Cox, both out with injuries.

Still, OSU has dominated from the start.

The Cowboys have outgained GSU 340-98, including 189-61 in passing yards.

Zac Robinson has completed 13 of 16 passes for 189 yards and one touchdown. Keith Toston had three touchdown runs and 84 yards and Dameron Fooker, a junior college transfer, has caught three passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.

Time for the GSU band.

-----------------------------------------------------

From a couple of different sources, not the DO. So no, this is not the DO pulling something from their a**. One of these is from the Stillwater paper. It was widely reported that Dez was out due to injury. Whether or not Gundy actually told anyone, "Dez is out due to injury", I don't know. However, he did comment that he was "day to day" earlier in the week. Coincidence??

But let's not make this a DO against OSU thing. That's not true!!!!!