PDA

View Full Version : 1Q of Texas game

rawlingsHOH
10/21/2009, 01:19 AM
Offense

-We used basically the same personnel grouping the entire quarter...
X - Caleb
Slot - Broyles
Z - Kenney
TE - Ratterree
RB - Brown or Murray
...Clapp played a few downs at fullback and h-back, in for Broyles. Murray a couple down in the slot, in place of Broyles.

-Eldridge is a great run blocker, no matter where he plays. Struggled pass blocking, missing a cut that got Bradford hit on the first series.

-Amazed Murray didn't take that 65-yarder to the EZ. If he does, do we win?

-Texas had the perfect play on when Bradford got hurt. Rolled right into a blitzing safety.

-Only a snap or two from under center all quarter.

-The "pistol" almost gives a wildcat type of look when the slot goes in motion. I'm positive the coaching staff thought they were going to get a big passing play (mismatch) out of that look. Never materialized.

-2 jump balls to Kenney. Not sure we have a good target on the field for that play. No Gresham, no kelly-type guy out there.

-Ratterree never left the field. Is he on scholarship yet?

Defense

-Counted Ryan Reynolds on the field for 6 of the 13 defensive snaps. I think he followed the white Texas TE, when he was in, Ryan was in.

-We played a lot more Cover-2 than we usually do against spread offenses. We'd usually go with a 3 or 4 deep look.

-Keenan was in the box against a spread formation and DIDN'T blitz. I noted last week that his assignments were easily tipped by his allignment. Not Saturday!

-On a 3rd-and-1, Texas went 4 WR, we countered with our "spinner" 3-man front look. Confused McCoy when no one blitzed, not even the spinner Beal.

-Bluffed blitzes had McCoy checking to some covered hot routes.

-Keenan and Travis both lined up on the weakside on a 2-&-20 and blitzed. Never saw that before.

Overall, a dominant quarter, but you got to score touchdowns, not settle for 3s.

rainiersooner
10/21/2009, 01:38 AM
Nice recap. Another 8 points from the quarter would have helped!

zman515
10/21/2009, 07:57 AM
When we were in the pistol and/or under center, how many plays did we pass the ball?

Are you going to do this for every quarter?

primetime43
10/21/2009, 08:00 AM
I couldn't believe Murray didn't take that one to the house. Two Years ago that is a touchdown. But what he has lost in speed he has gained in power. Murray was blowing people up when he was running north/south.

rawlingsHOH
10/21/2009, 09:02 AM
When we were in the pistol and/or under center, how many plays did we pass the ball?
I'd guess about 50/50. Including the Bradford injury.

Are you going to do this for every quarter?
I'll probably do just the 3rd, as well.