PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Whoever

En_Fuego
10/20/2009, 10:06 PM
OU is a below average team...........Face It...........KW is very conservative. BV is way too aggressive.....Bob Stoops is in the money .....Simitty keeps running the best OL off.....And this team is way too slow...........From Sec 26 Row 7 of the Cotton Bowl...........Things are the norm.....BS from the OC ..KW...Just relaxing and thinking John Blake was there. And he was. In spirit.

OUAlumni1990
10/20/2009, 10:12 PM
not really, we were just a few plays away from being undefeated, and with second stringers too. Just bad luck is all. They'll have a hard time running off an OC who last year had one of the most productive offenses in the history of college football, no to mention 3 conf titles (in a row) and a Heisman QB.

mikeelikee
10/20/2009, 10:43 PM
not really, we were just a few plays away from being undefeated, and with second stringers too. Just bad luck is all. They'll have a hard time running off an OC who last year had one of the most productive offenses in the history of college football, no to mention 3 conf titles (in a row) and a Heisman QB.

Yeah, not to mention, Bob Stoops has NEVER fired anybody. :pop:

Curly Bill
10/20/2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, not to mention, Bob Stoops has NEVER fired anybody. :pop:

Dude, don't be so harsh...

..friends are hard to find. ;)

josh09
10/20/2009, 11:10 PM
OU is a below average team...........Face It...........KW is very conservative. BV is way too aggressive.....Bob Stoops is in the money .....Simitty keeps running the best OL off.....And this team is way too slow...........From Sec 26 Row 7 of the Cotton Bowl...........Things are the norm.....BS from the OC ..KW...Just relaxing and thinking John Blake was there. And he was. In spirit.

People like you are annoying.

pappy
10/21/2009, 03:13 AM

agreed...a lot of people on here need to lose the crimson glasses.

starrca23
10/21/2009, 08:15 AM
Do you really think out of the 120 NCAA D 1 teams we couldn't beat the majority of them? Because that would actually make us below average...
I feel dumber for reading your post.

goingoneight
10/21/2009, 09:36 AM
agreed...a lot of people on here need to lose the crimson glasses.

Even more people need to get off their high horses and look at WTF is causing these problems. This coaching staff developed the machine you've watched in recent years come just a few plays from a National Championship. With patience and faith in them, support for them... we'll be back.

SoonerMavrick25
10/21/2009, 10:47 AM
People like you are annoying.

I believe the phrase to use here would be "Co-Sign"

Im sure he was one of the "fans" that after every run or pass play that didn't work screamed something like "Wilson you idiot!!!" like other non fans behind me kept screaming. I finally turned around and said. "I don't think Kevin Wilson can hear you... "

VA Sooner
10/21/2009, 12:04 PM
Average out of 120 NCAA teams... I think we're way above average... or in this case, the mean.

Take the number 60 team, Miss State (according to Scout since there are no other measures that I could find), a 3-4 team, as our measuring stick for now.

26. South Florida 5-1
27. Houston 5-1
28. Oklahoma State 5-1
29. Michigan 5-2
30. Oregon State 4-2
31. Ole Miss 4-2
32. BYU 6-1
33. California 4-2
34. Kentucky 3-3
35. Auburn 5-2
36. West Virginia 5-1
37. Arizona State 4-2
38. Missouri 4-2
39. Washington 3-4
40. Arizona 4-2
41. Utah 5-1
42. Stanford 4-3
43. Connecticut 4-2
44. Boston College 5-2
45. Florida State 2-4
46. Central Michigan 6-1
47. UCLA 3-3
48. Tennessee 3-3
49. Georgia 4-3
50. Minnesota 4-3
51. Clemson 3-3
52. Wake Forest 4-3
53. Purdue 2-5
54. Navy 5-2
55. Nevada 3-3
56. Colorado 2-4
57. Air Force 4-3
58. North Carolina 4-2
59. Fresno State 3-3
60. Mississippi State 3-4

Compare what the teams above them have done in their non-conference and conference games and I think you'd find that OU did pretty well considering what the wrath of the Football Gods have done to us with injuries to three offensive stars and on-going injuries with each game.

I think our defense has done an outstanding job of keeping us in each game, especially against Texas. Our D is going to give the offense an opportunity to catch up quickly and learn how to score quickly... it will give our young recruits some time to learn routes and to step up and be playmakers.

And Landry isn't just a four-year backup quarterback. He's got a good presence in the pocket... he just needs to learn to go through progressions faster and how to freeze the linebackers and secondary instead of taking them to the receiver with his eyes.

We will need to come up with more screen plays, shovel passes, dump-offs for the pass rush since the o-line isn't going to be consistent this year (and with the injuries and Brody having to fill in everywhere, it isn't going to happen anytime soon so deal with it).

Adjustments will need to be made... but we still have six games left and whole lot to do about it.

SoonerPr8r
10/21/2009, 12:09 PM
Re: An Open Letter to Whomever
fixed

TXBOOMER
10/21/2009, 12:17 PM
Average is in the eye of the beholder. 3 - 3 and being ranked 25 or 26 is well below average for Oklahoma. Injuries to Sam and Jermaine are to blame. Without those we are 6 - 0 and ranked #1 in the BCS because of the schedule we've played. It really is that simple. I thought we got out coached against BYU and Miami, but again with healthy players we would have beat the pi$$ out of either of them.

TUSooner
10/21/2009, 12:43 PM
So now we boast that we're in the Top 60?

stoopified
10/21/2009, 01:22 PM
So were are now 60th or lower among D-1 teams?I don't think so.Take your Prozac and chill.

En_Fuego
10/21/2009, 02:58 PM

Im sure he was one of the "fans" that after every run or pass play that didn't work screamed something like "Wilson you idiot!!!" like other non fans behind me kept screaming. I finally turned around and said. "I don't think Kevin Wilson can hear you... "

No, I was one of the fans that when OU was on offense knew that with KW play calling we weren't going to do sh!t.

I was right in front of Bradford when he went down and he didn't get hit very hard whatsoever. I mean if he couldn't take that hit he should have never been in the game......He got the hell out of there while the getting was good because he has totally lost faith in his OC and OL.

And to the fans that are yelling and screaming at Wilson.....YELL LOUDER.

YELL LOUD at Smitty too for running all the top OL recruits off.

YELL at someone because our OL makes 6th grade mistakes....almost every other play.

C&CDean
10/21/2009, 03:01 PM
No, I was one of the fans that when OU was on offense knew that with KW play calling we weren't going to do sh!t.

I was right in front of Bradford when he went down and he didn't get hit very hard whatsoever. I mean if he couldn't take that hit he should have never been in the game......He got the hell out of there while the getting was good because he has totally lost faith in his OC and OL.

YELL at someone because our OL makes 6th grade mistakes....almost every other play.

Where do this goobers come from?

Gresho Murford
10/21/2009, 03:11 PM

wow

redhawk49
10/21/2009, 05:49 PM

Can we yell at you for being an unrealistic horses a$$?

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 06:17 PM
Well something has happened to our Olinemen. How many left the program this year? At least 3 IIRC, and we were already short on depth prior to them leaving.

Never made much sense to me and it seemed to not get alot of press.

Anyone know why they left?

redhawk49
10/21/2009, 06:30 PM
Well something has happened to our Olinemen. How many left the program this year? At least 3 IIRC, and we were already short on depth prior to them leaving.

Never made much sense to me and it seemed to not get alot of press.

Anyone know why they left?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091021_202_B1_NRAoht968725

sooner ngintunr
10/21/2009, 06:38 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091021_202_B1_NRAoht968725

Thanks, I would spek you but someone smacked me one with their admin neg hammer.:D

Funny that it was in todays paper.

So only 2 tranfers, one year long suspension and one got told to hit the road.

Well I am glad Stoops didn't compromise his integrity for a few wins.

Still find it weird that players at that position would transfer from OU.:confused:

Curly Bill
10/21/2009, 07:05 PM

Awww...that's nice. :rolleyes: