PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out why KU Lost to the Buffs

westcoast_sooner
10/20/2009, 09:56 PM
I didn't see the game, so I can't say. Thinking about it, I figured they just let down, and likely had turnovers, but that's not the case. Statistically, KU outgained Colorado and looked like they went about their business. - EDIT - Now I see - KU couldn't run the football.

Did anyone see the game?

I figure OU plays defense like they did against Texas and Kansas will likely still get more yards than we all want, but a lights-out D with solid effort from Landry, DeMarco and Broyles will get us the win, I think.

kelloggOUballa
10/20/2009, 10:24 PM
KU does not play defense. 53rd in the country in total defense (346.17 ypg), as well as 94th in passing defense (245.67 ypg). Not a good recipe to win on the road, anywhere.

JLEW1818
10/20/2009, 10:26 PM
why? b/c the score was like 24-3 Colorado at one time

yermom
10/20/2009, 10:28 PM
i'm still trying to figure out how we lost to the Buffs in 2007 :(

JLEW1818
10/20/2009, 10:29 PM

I just talked to him on facebook actually

gonna chat with him at the texans game Sunday too

you do that math .. :D

Salt City Sooner
10/20/2009, 11:43 PM
It's called the offense doing next to nothing for 60 minutes. If they even semi show up, Reggie's flub don't mean squat.

westcoast_sooner
10/21/2009, 12:33 AM
OK - our offense hasn't been good, but here's the way I see this game. If KU doesn't play D worth a rip, and our defense plays well, we'll be OK, regardless of the game being on the road.

OU has one of the two the best defenses in the conference. KU's offense is likely better than Texas' but we'll put pressure on Reesing - just have to disrupt and sack him. He'll make a few plays, but our defense will keep plays in front of them, and contain him.

I think our Offense will be able to move the football, too, first through the air, and later on the ground. While I don't expect this to be a rout, I think OU wins by 10.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2009, 08:25 AM
CU is not as bad as their record would imply and KU is not as good. CU also gave up on Hawkins Jr. and pulled the red shirt on the guy they were trying to save until next season.

This is a tough game to call. Hard to know how our guys will react after so much disappointment last week - the Bradford injury and the outcome. KU will come out strong sensing this is a good time to catch us.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2009, 09:14 AM
Pulling Cody Hawkins out was the answer...

I swear he has a baby arm like the butler off of Scary Movie

VA Sooner
10/21/2009, 12:27 PM
Tyler Hansen doesn't have the arm either but he's a scrambler. Colorado may play better simply for the fact that they don't have Hawkins Jr as the signal caller and less for the fact that they have Hansen.

Kansas... loaded on offense with two good receivers and a pass-happy QB. He's pretty damn good if given time... but apply a little pressure... :-)

Key will be OU's defensive line getting pressure. I foresee Beal and English helping their stats this weekend as our offense gets a few things squared away in how they want to progress for the rest of the season.

Question on my mind... will our defense outscore our offense?

Could happen....

JLEW1818
10/21/2009, 01:04 PM
Pulling Cody Hawkins out was the answer...

I swear he has a baby arm like the butler off of Scary Movie

Scary Movie 2

actually

:P

janderson255
10/21/2009, 03:44 PM

Because we didnt have oxygen tanks.... thats what they all said...

I think OU just didnt suck it up and actually play.

schlanker
10/21/2009, 03:49 PM
As our game is '07 showed. If you are in a close game at Colorado you typically lose. Thin air. I was at that game. Way harder to get loud in the 4th due to the thin air.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2009, 04:19 PM
The thin air thing is real. That whole "defense gets tired in the 4th" effect counts double for low altitude visiting teams. It can be overcome by having a good ball control offense, but as I recall, we set some sort of record for fewest plays run in the 2nd half that game. The other way to win is just blow them out in the first half.