PDA

View Full Version : Who hurt Sam Bradford twice?

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/20/2009, 09:01 AM
Obviously the people blocking for him. Not KW, not James Patton...etc

It's like parents in high school when the football team sucks it's obviously the coaches fault. Not because your kids sucks at football, right?

Who knows, maybe Sam had a bum shoulder his entire life?

TXBOOMER
10/20/2009, 09:52 AM
There is a lot of truth to what you say. Those same people will ask you who recruited them? Several of those same people have lofty expectations for next year when the best 3 blockers we have will be gone. It very well may take us 2 or 3 years to get this OL and TE situation straightened out.

OUAlumni1990
10/20/2009, 10:20 AM
Obviously the people blocking for him. Not KW, not James Patton...etc

I agree. Each time Sam (or Landry) gets touched the o-line needs a time out in order to get their nuts kicked in by the coaches until they get it right. This is getting ridiculous...

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 10:25 AM
I put the second one on Sam.

He continued to try and make a play at the expense at taking that hit. It backfired. I think it shows he's not ready for the Pros yet. Also...it shows he was pressing himself if this was as they say..."An aggravation of the original injury". He shouldn't play again unless we have a Bowl Game. Then he might be ready to show his stuff again. After that he should make his decision to stay another year or move on.

For those of you who think he should just bolt...that's your opinion. I like the idea of kids finishing what they started and taking off for the NFL early has always chapped my ***. The NFL is even more brutal than College. Yeah they get some money up front that can change their life...but they can get that through insurance that the NCAA ought to have on everyone of these kids anyway. The NCAA makes huge dough and carrying a catastrophic policy on all these College kids would be the right thing to do. If a player wanted to buy more they should have the option to do so as well.

Blaming who hurt someone after the fact is asinine anyway. It's football. It's violent and people get hurt.

Whet
10/20/2009, 10:39 AM
Sam does not call his own plays. The play was a naked bootleg with a pass to DeMarco. Now, what OC would call a naked bootleg for their QB that has just returned from an injury?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 10:40 AM
Kevin Wilson?

Whet
10/20/2009, 10:46 AM
We have a winner! Kevin "Big Ten" Wilson!!!!

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 11:18 AM
It's not Wilson. Still yet again...everyone wants someone to blame.

Thinking Sam doesn't know what a naked bootleg might be your first clue. He took the hit and tried to make a play. He should have rolled out faster and thrown the ball away.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 11:19 AM
I was just answering the question!!

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 11:22 AM
I was just answering the question!!

I was hoping some little troll hadn't stolen your password. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 11:24 AM
The question was what OC called a naked bootleg and I answered it..

If thats not good enough for you, then I'm on my way to the airport!!

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 11:25 AM
The question was what OC called a naked bootleg and I answered it..

If thats not good enough for you, then I'm on my way to the airport!!

Which airport? I'll alert the authorities? :D ;)

Pigface1
10/20/2009, 11:51 AM
It's a lose lose situation. You roll Sam out, he gets hit. You keep him in the pocket and it's sack practice.

JLEW1818
10/20/2009, 12:02 PM
Kevin Wilson?

STEP, do you even watch football?

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 12:04 PM
I'm about to write you a closed letter too

aurorasooner
10/20/2009, 12:08 PM
I dunno. Maybe we should have considered rolling him out to the left so if he falls, he falls on his left (non-throwing) shoulder.:D
I'm still trying to figure if all that Dr. Lou BS about learning how to fall holds water. If you try to twist to fall on your back & you've got a defender holding on to your knees or ankles, who's to say you wouldn't end up with some torn knee ligaments anyway.

Snyder Cyclone
10/20/2009, 12:15 PM
Lou Holtz made a comment that, as a former QB, I completely agreed with, when he said "When is someone at OU going to teach him how to fall" as in rolling at the end and landing on your back. The first time against BYU, he couldn't have avoided that one, but against Texas he could have.

JLEW1818
10/20/2009, 12:18 PM
roll

brilliant!

NOVSooner
10/20/2009, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;2743625]I put the second one on Sam.

He continued to try and make a play at the expense at taking that hit. It backfired. I think it shows he's not ready for the Pros yet. Also...it shows he was pressing himself if this was as they say..."An aggravation of the original injury". He shouldn't play again unless we have a Bowl Game. Then he might be ready to show his stuff again. After that he should make his decision to stay another year or move on.

For those of you who think he should just bolt...that's your opinion. I like the idea of kids finishing what they started and taking off for the NFL early has always chapped my ***. The NFL is even more brutal than College. QUOTE]

Not that McShay and Kiper are the end all in who goes where in the draft but Mcshay offers some interesting points in an article I read today about Sam and the prospect of him coming back this year and/or next year.

rawlingsHOH
10/20/2009, 12:21 PM
We have a winner! Kevin "Big Ten" Wilson!!!!

Stoops is considerably more "Big Ten" than Wilson.

Wilson's offensive identity really originated from the Clemson/Rich-Rod offense. Wilson took the Big 10 by storm by implementing the 'balanced' spread at Northwestern.

If you think KW is an ole "3 yards and a cloud of dust" believer, you have no idea.

rawlingsHOH
10/20/2009, 12:26 PM
Not that McShay and Kiper are the end all in who goes where in the draft
They memorize the names, they study the players, but they really don't know ANYTHING until the workouts start and the NFL starts their evaluation process.

They can say Sam-this and Sam-that, about where he would have gone last year, if he declared, but it is a total guess.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 12:26 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but the offense KW runs looks so much more different than it did at Northwestern...maybe because of his somewhat mobile qb's there

JLEW1818
10/20/2009, 12:27 PM
seems like we are turning into tech..

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 12:28 PM
They memorize the names, they study the players, but they really don't know ANYTHING until the workouts start and the NFL starts their evaluation process.

They can say Sam-this and Sam-that, about where he would have gone last year, if he declared, but it is a total guess.

Exactly....

I heard someone ask a scout why they both had Colt McCoy going so high in the draft and the scout said, "Because they are both dumbasses."

rawlingsHOH
10/20/2009, 12:38 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but the offense KW runs looks so much more different than it did at Northwestern...maybe because of his somewhat mobile qb's there
It's definitely different. Much more under center, no QB run game, is two of the most noticable. But Wilson's nature is very spread 'em out, up-tempo, etc. Not old-school Big 10 football.

DakotaSooner
10/20/2009, 01:39 PM
It's not Wilson. Still yet again...everyone wants someone to blame.

Thinking Sam doesn't know what a naked bootleg might be your first clue. He took the hit and tried to make a play. He should have rolled out faster and thrown the ball away.

If he can't stay in there and handle being tackled, then he shouldn't be playing. He won't help the team that way either.

"Go out there and if you think you might get hit, then throw the ball out of bounds two seconds earlier"....WTF?

ashley
10/20/2009, 01:49 PM
Lou Holtz made a comment that, as a former QB, I completely agreed with, when he said "When is someone at OU going to teach him how to fall" as in rolling at the end and landing on your back. The first time against BYU, he couldn't have avoided that one, but against Texas he could have.

The way Sam was hit he could not do anything else. It is ridiculous to think otherwise.

ashley
10/20/2009, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;2743625]I put the second one on Sam.

For those of you who think he should just bolt...that's your opinion. I like the idea of kids finishing what they started and taking off for the NFL early has always chapped my ***. The NFL is even more brutal than College. QUOTE]

Not that McShay and Kiper are the end all in who goes where in the draft but Mcshay offers some interesting points in an article I read today about Sam and the prospect of him coming back this year and/or next year.
That first sentence may show the biggest lack of understanding of football I have ever seen. I will tell you that you had a lot of competition for that award on this board.

Jock Ewing
10/20/2009, 03:21 PM
His OL knew Bradford was a gentle Cherokee warrior who needed rest

Sasakwa
I didn't hear Lou's comments but that is exactly what I was thinking on the second hit. You got to know how to fall. You gotta know you're going down and roll enough to avoid the direct hit.

cjames317
Stoops is considerably more "Big Ten" than Wilson.

Wilson's offensive identity really originated from the Clemson/Rich-Rod offense. Wilson took the Big 10 by storm by implementing the 'balanced' spread at Northwestern.

If you think KW is an ole "3 yards and a cloud of dust" believer, you have no idea.

Another "Smart Football" fan?

TXBOOMER
10/20/2009, 04:17 PM
Exactly....

I heard someone ask a scout why they both had Colt McCoy going so high in the draft and the scout said, "Because they are both dumbasses."

You were listening to little Al on the animal...I heard him say that.

goingoneight
10/20/2009, 04:24 PM
Agree with the falling differently is an option idea. But only to a certain extent. I was taught how to avoid ankle sprains as an outside receiver who has really bad ankles (right foot, at least). It's part of coaching. Sometimes, even the best, and best coached players male a mistake under pressure. That's why defenses attack the QB, or at least try to do so. However, part of coaching is telling your QB not to truck over linebackers, but Tebow does that crap all the time. He's more cementing his college legacy, though IMO... he's not training for a future in the game running that offense.

tulsaoilerfan
10/20/2009, 04:36 PM
There is a lot of truth to what you say. Those same people will ask you who recruited them? Several of those same people have lofty expectations for next year when the best 3 blockers we have will be gone. It very well may take us 2 or 3 years to get this OL and TE situation straightened out.

If that's the case than we really will have something to complain about; other schools lose linemen every year and seem to do okay replacing them, but we go through this every 4 years for some reason

tulsaoilerfan
10/20/2009, 04:36 PM
Sam does not call his own plays. The play was a naked bootleg with a pass to DeMarco. Now, what OC would call a naked bootleg for their QB that has just returned from an injury?

Um, Chuck Long? :D

Whet
10/20/2009, 07:03 PM
Also, what OC knew his QB had a gimpy calf and could not sprint out, as needed when calling a naked bootleg play?

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 08:49 PM
If he can't stay in there and handle being tackled, then he shouldn't be playing. He won't help the team that way either.

"Go out there and if you think you might get hit, then throw the ball out of bounds two seconds earlier"....WTF?

You don't watch Pro ball? They do it all the time. It's better than taking the sack. If you don't you'll be on the injury list soon. Example...Troy Aikman 8 concussions. Career over.

Thank you very much.