PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Sam

SunnySooner
10/19/2009, 11:22 PM
Go take your rest, gentle warrior.

Your lion's heart has shown through, and your courage, honor and loyalty have humbled us as we have watched you struggle to lead this team you hold so dear. Your indomitable Cherokee ancestry (which many of us share) and your Heartland upbringing has guided you to this point and it has been an inspiration to see you fight to help your comrades and uphold the commitment you made to them. You have done that and more, our proud Oklahoma son. Now is the time to fight your own personal battle and pass the torch to your brothers-in-arms.

For our own sake, for the sake of those who love you, and for Sooner Nation, whose love, admiration, respect, and gratitude you will have for the rest of your days, hang up your crimson jersey, turn in your helmet and go and heal. Take this time to rest, recover and prepare. You will play on Sundays, dear lad, and thousands of Sooners will cheer whatever team is lucky enough to have you. We love you enough to let you go. You are the best of us, and we want the best for you. Thanks for the memories, you are a true Sooner legend, and we will always be thankful you once wore the Crimson and Cream.

Sincerely,
SunnySooner
One of your BIGGEST fans

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 11:24 PM
Disagree, do what the doctors tell you...don't listen to all of these medical geniouses...grasshopper...

Leroy Lizard
10/19/2009, 11:25 PM
Good heavens.

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 11:40 PM
Needs a bump...

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 11:50 PM
can these be merged...

Curly Bill
10/19/2009, 11:53 PM
No way! These are worthy of stand alone status.

SOONER44EVER
10/20/2009, 12:01 AM
Is there some way to attatch "Every Breath You Take" by The Police so it will play every time anyone clicks on this thread?

Tim Tebow
10/20/2009, 12:05 AM
i will pray for him tonight.

soonerchris
10/20/2009, 12:08 AM
Sam
Follow where God leads you. You won't always have the easiest path. People, especially on this board, have limited wisdom at best. God speed.

Curly Bill
10/20/2009, 12:10 AM
Sam
Follow where God leads you. You won't always have the easiest path. People, especially on this board, have limited wisdom at best. God speed.

pfffft...you got no stats to back that up. :texan:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/20/2009, 12:11 AM
i will pray for him tonight.

Pray? Why don't you just heal him?

SunnySooner
10/20/2009, 12:13 AM
Ok, so I'm dramatic...I'm a girl, sue me. I just really love what Sam has done for my team, and I want the best for him, that's all. Yuk it up, testosterone-heads.

Tim Tebow
10/20/2009, 12:13 AM
Pray? Why don't you just heal him?

that is an option, but i can only heal so many people every day.

soonerchris
10/20/2009, 12:24 AM
Hey curly
Not knocking anybody! Jusy compared to the Creator... Well ya know!!

Soonerus
10/20/2009, 12:25 AM
Ok, so I'm dramatic...I'm a girl, sue me. I just really love what Sam has done for my team, and I want the best for him, that's all. Yuk it up, testosterone-heads.

I respect your love...

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2009, 03:46 AM
Is there some way to attach "Every Breath You Take" by The Police so it will play every time anyone clicks on this thread?

No way! We need some of that Indian new age flute music. You know, the songs that sound like random notes played "wispfully" in completely mysterious time signatures.

I can appreciate your admiration, but let's keep it in perspective. He isn't curing cancer. He isn't discovering cold fusion. He isn't giving you $3,500 for your old clunker.

Football is just a game.

tulsaoilerfan
10/20/2009, 07:36 AM

You're a girl? TTIWWP(of you) :)

OUAlumni1990
10/20/2009, 08:14 AM
I respect your love...

Yeah, she is a girl for crying out loud. What is your excuse?

OUAlumni1990
10/20/2009, 08:17 AM
Soonerus, your just bitter because a noob got a 5 star thread right off the bat. I know how you pride yourself on the "quality" of your threads. It is the staple of your manhood, LOL...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 08:20 AM
this thread is allsome

TXBOOMER
10/20/2009, 08:26 AM
Is there some way to attatch "Every Breath You Take" by The Police so it will play every time anyone clicks on this thread?

LOL! Oh can't you see you belong to me...

yermom
10/20/2009, 08:37 AM
here's the thing, he has said didn't grow up thinking about millions of dollars in the NFL, he grew up wanting to be Josh Heupel

unless you are Brett Favre, you don't even stay in the same place all that long, and now even the Green Bay fans are pissed at him. how long will the Vikings be in love with him?

Bradford will always be a name spoken in Sooner Football, i know i'd want to hang on to that as long as possible. THIS is his dream. if he wants to keep playing, why not cheer him on?

it's up to Sam. i'll support whatever he decides

stoops the eternal pimp
10/20/2009, 08:38 AM
But the gentle warrior needs some rest!

Soonerus
10/20/2009, 09:01 AM
Soonerus, your just bitter because a noob got a 5 star thread right off the bat. I know how you pride yourself on the "quality" of your threads. It is the staple of your manhood, LOL...

wtf ??????

IGotNoTiming
10/20/2009, 09:28 AM
But the gentle warrior needs some rest!

I just wet my pants....

deweydw
10/20/2009, 10:00 AM
With the problems the NFL may face next year with the salary cap. The possiblity of an owners lock out or players strike. It may be in Sam's best interest to stay for his senior year.

Also, that song by the Police is about a stalker.

OUAlumni1990
10/20/2009, 10:13 AM
wtf ??????

truth hurts don't it :texan:

soonerx
10/20/2009, 10:17 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the point of an "open" letter to xyz person, anyway? Seems that it's not really so much intended to that individual as much as for the "benefit" of others that might actually read it?

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2009, 11:09 AM
Your lion's heart has shown through, and your courage, honor and loyalty have humbled us as we have watched you struggle to lead this team you hold so dear. Your indomitable Cherokee ancestry (which many of us share) and your Heartland upbringing has guided you to this point and it has been an inspiration to see you fight to help your comrades and uphold the commitment you made to them. You have done that and more, our proud Oklahoma son. Now is the time to fight your own personal battle and pass the torch to your brothers-in-arm

Sam could let this message get to his head.

"Sam, you didn't take out the garbage."

"Mom, why would I, a lion-hearted Cherokee of great courage and loyalty..."

"Oh, enough already!"

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 11:20 AM
Don't listen to this malarkey Sam.

Stay another year. If your supposed to play in the NFL it will be there for you. Let tebow and mCcoy head on their way...win another Heisman and a NC and then head off for the NFL.

We know you can do it....hell...your Sam Bradford!

cheezyq
10/20/2009, 11:25 AM
Sam

You're known by the company you keep. Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot, or the idiot that despises his associates and yet still hangs out with them?

TUSooner
10/20/2009, 11:28 AM
You forgot to tell Sam to "dance like nobody's looking" and to forward your post to 10 people in order to prove he's not ashamed of Jesus.
Other than that, it's spot on. Sam ought to start focusing on his pro career, even if it means no more action as a Sooner.

StoopTroup
10/20/2009, 11:30 AM
Sam....don't open that last one...it's a trap!

SunnySooner
10/20/2009, 01:17 PM
Yes, I'm cheesy...in my defense, I'll say that while the flowery prose was a direct result of being stranded for a day and a half at O'hare Airport, and too many El Presidente margaritas from Chili's... the sentiment remains. I guess just being there and seeing him get hurt in person, and trying to throw on the sidelines, trying to get back in the game, damn near made me bawl. I can't imagine how he or his parents feel or what they are going thru...I just hope the next time he has to take a hit like that, go thru that much pain, there's a big old check that goes with it. I know he loves being a Sooner, and I was glad he came back, glad he returned after the injury, but now it's too much. He has the potential to make the kind of money that will set up his kids, grandkids, etc. for life, and I feel like he's fulfilled his end of the bargain for OU, and now needs to be concentrated on preparing for the NFL. If he does come back, I hope he kicks *** and doesn't get hit again.

Glad y'all liked my post, it is pretty funny if I say so myself. Booze, lack of sleep and strong emotions are a bad mix!!

cjames317
10/20/2009, 03:25 PM
Where can I get a "Gentle Warrior" no. 14 jersey?

cvsooner
10/20/2009, 04:55 PM
Ironically enough, if you look up the meaning of the name 'Kevin Wilson' ... Kevin can be translated as gentle and Wilson means son of William, with William being defined as 'desire' combined with 'protection.'

So this is really a 'Fire Kevin Wilson' thread, I think.

A Sooner in Texas
10/20/2009, 05:22 PM
We need a photo of Sam as gentle warrior shedding a single tear.
Can somebody Fark that please???

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/20/2009, 05:34 PM
Booze, lack of sleep and strong emotions are a bad mix!!

Peem me!!!!! ;)

bent rider
10/20/2009, 06:03 PM
I can appreciate your admiration, but let's keep it in perspective. ... He isn't giving you $3,500 for your old clunker.

Hey, that was Rhett Bomar's job. Too bad he sucked at it.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/20/2009, 06:32 PM
Rhett Bomar

Who the hell is that? ;)

setem
10/20/2009, 07:48 PM
http://snakeandsnake.com/3wolfmoon.jpg

SOONER44EVER
10/20/2009, 08:21 PM
Also, that song by the Police is about a stalker.

Why do you think I picked that particular song? :D

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2009, 11:11 PM
Yes, I'm cheesy...in my defense, I'll say that while the flowery prose was a direct result of being stranded for a day and a half at O'hare Airport, and too many El Presidente margaritas from Chili's... the sentiment remains

Remind me to stay away from those El Presidente margarita's. "Soonerus, when I gaze into your eyes..."

picasso
10/20/2009, 11:57 PM
http://www.worldcitizenship.com/files/mul/galleries/2/110_Yentl1.jpg
A Yentl warrior?

Easting
10/21/2009, 12:19 PM
I need a hero.....

What was that song?

swardboy
10/21/2009, 04:25 PM
Can't let the greatest thread EVAR fall off page one......

OUAlumni1990
10/21/2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe the offense needs to wear this under their jersey?

http://snakeandsnake.com/3wolfmoon.jpg

soonerx
10/21/2009, 04:59 PM
I need a hero.....

What was that song?
fDdPuCsOLaQ

bent rider
10/21/2009, 06:22 PM
Dear Sam Walton,

Your stores haz lotsa good shiz, alright, but how 'bout hiring some sweet 20-somethings to be your greeters. If I wanna see my crazy Aunt Mabelle I'd go home for Thanksgiving.

Ooops, wrong Sam.