PDA

View Full Version : Lackluster Season=Players coming back?

soonerfan28
10/19/2009, 12:06 PM
Its just a thought, but I was curious if anybody thought that because of the way the season has went that that might make some players want to come back. Gresham, T.Lewis, D. Franks, G.McCoy are all underclassmen that could leave. I'm not saying that they'll be drafted high I'm only saying they have more potential then some others and I don't think any of them want to end their college careers the way this season is going. There is a lot of money to be made and that can sway anybody. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this theory.

Sasakwa
10/19/2009, 12:10 PM
I think projected draft status will have more sway than wanting to get a bad taste out of their mouth. Thought Gresham already decided to leave?

Besides, you could argue that a disappointing year may be a motivation to leave.

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 12:11 PM
my opinion

Gresham Draft
G. McCoy Draft
Bradford Draft

I think Franks will come back, and become an elite CB, and be a first round pick in the 2011 draft

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 12:13 PM
Gresham has already stated he is gone..
T Lewis should go...mostly because I think he has hit his ceiling
D Franks might as well stay..unless late round money is good enough, if that
McCoy is a top 5 caliber pick and should go if he wants...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 12:14 PM
my opinion

Gresham Draft
G. McCoy Draft
Bradford Draft

I think Franks will come back, and become an elite CB, and be a first round pick in the 2011 draft

Do I even need to ask the question? :D

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 12:19 PM
STEP do you even watch football?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 12:20 PM

I just spit water all over my desk:D

icmwhOU72
Bradford is gone, gresham is gone, Mccoy is gone, it will be interesting to see what beal and murray do. Murray will be seen as injury prone. So he might come back one year to prove that he can play an entire year. but as for beal, if his stats keep going the same or improve, he might sneak into the late first round.

rawlingsHOH
D Franks might as well stay..unless late round money is good enough, if that

I think you are underrating Franks. If his speed is as legit as it looks, I see no reason why he can't go somewhere in the area of the second round.

primetime43
I think Franks would have to look at the other corners in the draft and see where he measures. What about Brian Jackson? I know he is a senior but I think he could be a solid NFL player. IMO he's had a hell of a year for us.

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 12:21 PM
well here is the question

who was better

Reggie Smith, or Dom Franks?

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 12:22 PM
I think Franks would have to look at the other corners in the draft and see where he measures. What about Brian Jackson? I think he could be a solid NFL player. IMO he's had a hell of a year for us.
No doubt. With the exception of a 3 or 4 game stretch in the middle of 2008, he's been great.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 12:29 PM
I haven't seen the legit Franks speed your are talking about..If your saying punt returns, that probably isnt the truest measure since some of the best returners have pretty pedestrian times...

Franks doesn't have the recovery speed, takes terrible angles, loses concentration way too much...

I would take Brian Jackson over Franks anyday...good NFL size, probably better in a NFL scheme than Franks..

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 12:29 PM

well here is the question

who was better

Reggie Smith, or Dom Franks?

Thats tough....Smith as a safety was pretty good...as a corner...not so hot

soonerfan28
10/19/2009, 12:30 PM
I agree that McCoy and Gresham are gone, but Bradford even w/the injuries he had is probably 50/50 right now. If he comes back and has a solid rest of the season I say he's gone, but if not I say he stays.