PDA

View Full Version : Fox News is not News

Gresho Murford
10/19/2009, 11:13 AM
hmmm why does this not surprise me?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/18/obama-team-continues-effort-isolate-fox-news/

Senior Obama administration officials took to the airwaves Sunday to accuse Fox News of pushing a particular point of view, one week after the administration fired its initial salvo to try to isolate the news network by accusing it of being a GOP mouthpiece.

"A lot of their news programming, it's really not news. It's pushing a point of view," senior adviser David Axelrod said on ABC's "This Week."

"The way we -- the president looks at it and we look at it, is, it is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective," White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel added on CNN's "State of the Union."

The open assault on Fox News began last weekend when White House Communications Director Anita Dunn accused the network of being a "wing of the Republican Party."

"What I think is fair to say about Fox -- and certainly it's the way we view it -- is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party," Dunn said on CNN. "They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that's fine. But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is."

Despite calls to the White House this week, the administration did not offer a guest for this weekend's "Fox News Sunday" to talk about Dunn's comments, although administration officials appeared on all four Sunday morning shows to speak on various issues.

President Obama has had interviews with all of the other Sunday talk shows except "Fox News Sunday," including a whirlwind weekend in late September where he appeared on all other Sunday talk shows.

Michael Clemente, Fox News' senior vice president of news, said the administration's strategy appears to be misdirected.

"Surprisingly, the White House continues to declare war on a news organization instead of focusing on the critical issues that Americans are concerned about like jobs, health care and two wars. The door remains open and we welcome a discussion about the facts behind the issues," Clemente said in a written statement.

Former Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove said Fox News' commentators have been tough on Obama but the White House appears to be confusing the news and opinion that appears on the network.

"They're conflating the news side and the opinion side in order to -- in order to attack a media outlet. Again, it's undignified for the president of the United States to be doing" Rove said on "Fox News Sunday." He added that it is the administration's practice to attack its critics full-throttle.

"I think this White House is dominated by Chicago- style politics, so if you don't like the questions that are being asked by Major Garrett or Wendell Goler or Chris Wallace, then you try and demonize Fox News," he said.

Though Fox News has won the cable news ratings race consistently for years and is closing in on network news numbers, Axelrod and Emanuel both encouraged other news outlets to not treat Fox News as a news organization.

"The bigger thing is that other news organizations, like yours, ought not to treat them that way, and we're not going to treat them that way." Axelrod told ABC.

Axelrod was quick to point out that though the White House views Fox News as biased, the administration would continue to interact with Fox News. "We're going to appear on their shows. We're going to participate, but understanding that they represent a point of view."

"President Obama's going to talk to all the networks," said former Clinton adviser and administration confidant Terry McAuliffe, who appeared with Rove on Fox News. "He's going to go out there. He loves competition. He loves being engaged in the battle."

Partial Qualifier
10/19/2009, 11:19 AM
OMG, a news agency is pushing a particular point of view? No way! :eek:

C&CDean
10/19/2009, 12:06 PM
Even Bush wasn't a chump enough to call out all the liberal news networks when he was prez. Sounds like the brack is a little insecure to me.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/19/2009, 12:28 PM
You've been added to the Enemies list Dean.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 12:29 PM
Well...

Honestly....

Even CNN isn't doing a great job of reporting the news.

The Majors are failing...Printed news is trying to stay in the game.

Lots of stuff is really falling into the crapper. Fox really does need to send some of their folks to 3rd World Countries for awhile and let them report real news instead of manufacturing every damn minute of air time to oppose the current Administration. I think there are plenty of other things they could report to put the Obama Camp on notice with than to broadcast tea-party crap.

iwannabelikesam
10/19/2009, 12:34 PM
Fox is extremely biased. But it is not really as biased as it seems because we are so desensitized to the liberal media as a whole because most of the media is dominated by a liberal bias. And things like msnbc are waaaay more biased than Fox News. Personally I don't get any of my news from tv anymore, I can't stand any of them. I get all my news from the internet.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 01:06 PM
And the internet is full of folks who really do their Homework.

That's the thing that is wrong. The majors have all caved in to sponsors or political entities.

They have quit doing hard news. Mike Wallace might have gotten hammered over what he did...but it's probably a lot less of a big deal than not doing any real news. They all have seemed to turn towards reporting things they can get on video, things that can lurk a response out of the entire Nation in 15 minutes. It's almost like they have rooms of people that sit there waiting to be shown a clip and then ask them how they feel. Get the right response and it...hurry...we've got to get this "On Air".

I akin it to what Hollyweird does with movies prior to release.

Turd_Ferguson
10/19/2009, 01:24 PM
They report, you decide.

Whet
10/19/2009, 01:32 PM
Would you expect anything different from the Axelrod/Emanuel? The reference to Chicago politics is right on target.

Some really believe Obama was found in a basket next to the Chicago River and grew up to became the only clean politician to come out of Chicago!

NormanPride
10/19/2009, 02:23 PM
Fake outrage is fake. Fake news is fake. Fake publicity is fake. Fake administration is fake.

RFH Shakes
10/19/2009, 03:03 PM
Keith Olbermann on msnbc is pretty unbiased though.:rolleyes:
IMO, tv journalism in general has pretty much gone in the crapper since it became 24/7. it's is all pretty much all opinion/editorial style now instead of reporting no matter which channel you watch.

ps, way to smack down free speech though Axlerod & Emanuel.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 03:29 PM
Keith Olbermann on msnbc is pretty unbiased though.:rolleyes:
IMO, tv journalism in general has pretty much gone in the crapper since it became 24/7. it's is all pretty much all opinion/editorial style now instead of reporting no matter which channel you watch.

ps, way to smack down free speech though Axlerod & Emanuel.

I wasn't aware freedom of speech meant you had to talk to everyone who had a forum. Well, guess I better go register on whornfans and orangepower, wouldn't want to smack down their free speech.

To the Hindenhavok!

RFH Shakes
10/19/2009, 03:36 PM
I wasn't aware freedom of speech meant you had to talk to everyone who had a forum. Well, guess I better go register on whornfans and orangepower, wouldn't want to smack down their free speech.

To the Hindenhavok!

Obviously those aren't real messageboards because they don't agree that OU is great.;)

Dio
10/19/2009, 03:46 PM
But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is.

Well, I don't pretend Obama's a good president like Reagan was, so I guess we're even.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:08 PM
Obviously those aren't real messageboards because they don't agree that OU is great.;)

Dude, I'm starting to have meh doubts :(

I just keep telling myself "1997, 1997, 1997" then I don't feel so bad.

Chuck Bao
10/19/2009, 04:15 PM
In my opinion, Fox News is no different from one of ther reality TV shows. It is not journalism. It is not fair. It is for ratings and advertising dollars.

President Obama shouldn't play along with their mindless game shows. Kudos to the Obama cabinet ministers who refuse to be subjected to pot shots and all of the silly name calling for the simple purpose of ratings.

But what does that say about America...?

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:18 PM
In my opinion, Fox News is no different from one of ther reality TV shows. It is not journalism. It is not fair. It is for ratings and advertising dollars.

President Obama shouldn't play along with their mindless game shows. Kudos to the Obama cabinet ministers who refuse to be subjected to pot shots and all of the silly name calling for the simple purpose of ratings.

But what does that say about America...?

To be fair, when the next "Republican" president comes into office and refuses to go on NBC or MSNBC, their will be another sh*t storm.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 04:20 PM
So Dear Leader will talk to Iran and Venezuela, will bow to Saudi king and stab our allies in the back, but he won't talk to Fox News.

And we wonder why the Brits call him President Pantywaist...

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 04:22 PM
To be fair, when the next "Republican" president comes into office and refuses to go on NBC or MSNBC, their will be another sh*t storm.What's funny is that even after CBS tried to throw the 2004 election by fabricating the national guard story that got Dan Rather fired, Bush didn't say a word.

And he sure didn't attack them or want to shut them up.

StoopTroup
Well, I don't pretend Obama's a good president like Reagan was, so I guess we're even.

Reagan was a good President?

Oh yeah...he was a good president.

Not as good as Nixon though. Nixon knew when to pack it in.

Sooner_Havok
So Dear Leader will talk to Iran and Venezuela, will bow to Saudi king and stab our allies in the back, but he won't talk to Fox News.

And we wonder why the Brits call him President Pantywaist...

No ****, the last guy had the balls to stab our allies in the chest. F***ing p****!!

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 04:30 PM
Perhaps our fearless leader should be spending his time trying to get fix the f'king economy or trying to win the war in Afghanistan instead of crying like a little sissy bitch just cause one cable station doesn't suck his **** every day????

Just a thought...

Chuck Bao
10/19/2009, 04:32 PM
To be fair, when the next "Republican" president comes into office and refuses to go on NBC or MSNBC, their will be another sh*t storm.

Are you kidding? You must be because I can't imagine that scenario. I get most of my news from MSNBC online and it seems like a credible news source on global issues. If a sitting US president decides to boycott a credible news source, then that would be bad, very bad. The key word here is credible.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:32 PM
Perhaps our fearless leader should be spending his time trying to get fix the f'king economy or trying to win the war in Afghanistan instead of crying like a little sissy bitch just cause one cable station doesn't suck his **** every day????

Just a thought...

Wait, I though Fox was crying like a little sissy bitch just cause one dear leader doesn't suck their **** every day????

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:33 PM
Are you kidding? You must be because I can't imagine that scenario. I get most of my news from MSNBC online and it seems like a credible news source on global issues. If a sitting US president decides to boycott a credible news source, then that would be bad, very bad. The key word here is credible.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

But sometimes it feels good to know that every single son of a bitch is just as blind as you are.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 04:39 PM
Wait, I though Fox was crying like a little sissy bitch just cause one dear leader doesn't suck their **** every day????

Miss the thread topic I guess???

Senior Obama administration officials took to the airwaves Sunday to accuse Fox News of pushing a particular point of view, one week after the administration fired its initial salvo to try to isolate the news network by accusing it of being a GOP mouthpiece.

Again, maybe our Nobel Laureate President should think about trying to actually accomplish something for once, and quit worrying what some cable station is doing???

Chuck Bao
10/19/2009, 04:41 PM
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

But sometimes it feels good to know that every single son of a bitch is just as blind as you are.

I'm not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. It doesn't matter. That is a ****ing good quote. Can I borrow that for my sig line and attribute it to you?

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:44 PM
Miss the thread topic I guess???

Surprisingly, the White House continues to declare war on a news organization instead of focusing on the critical issues that Americans are concerned about like jobs, health care and two wars. The door remains open and we welcome a discussion about the facts behind the issues

Translated

Barry won't bring his ball over and play with us. He is a jerk, I didn't want to play with him anyway. But if he brings his ball over, I guess we could play some kickball

Again, maybe our Nobel Laureate President should think about trying to actually accomplish something for once, and quit worrying what some cable station is doing???

Didn't he destroy this country? Ain't that something? Or did he just sit back and let the policies of the last guy run their course, doing nothing, and letting the country be destroyed?

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. It doesn't matter. That is a ****ing good quote. Can I borrow that for my sig line and attribute it to you?

Go for it man. :D

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:47 PM
F***, I had a RLIMC moment on the quotes... eh I ain't taking the time to fix that s***.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 04:49 PM
Didn't he destroy this country? Ain't that something? Or did he just sit back and let the policies of the last guy run their course, doing nothing, and letting the country be destroyed?Yeah, Obama's doing a heckuva job. Twice the unemployment, three times the spending, and half as safe.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:51 PM

To the Hindenhavok!

They don't want their free speech protected... *******s

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/havok0283/Screenshot2009-10-19at44823PM.png

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, Obama's doing a heckuva job. Twice the unemployment, three times the spending, and half as safe.

SO HE ****ING DID SOMETHING!!! STOP SAYING HE ****ING DIDN'T YA DUMBARSE!

Ok, but for real, half as safe, how and the hell do you get that?

Dio
10/19/2009, 04:55 PM
Wait, I though Obama was crying like a little sissy bitch just cause one network doesn't suck his **** every day????

Fixed

Dio
10/19/2009, 04:56 PM
Reagan was a good President?

Well, he was no Carter, if that's what you mean.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:57 PM
Fixed

No, I fixed Tuba's jackassery. You just turned it back the way it was, which is wrong I might add.

You fail message board 101. :D

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 04:59 PM
Well, he was no Carter, if that's what you mean.

He was no Roosevelt either.

And Roosevelt was no Coolidge.

And Coolidge was no Garfield.

And Garfield was no Adams.

And Adams was no King Henry.

And King Henry was no Charlemagne.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:06 PM
SO HE ****ING DID SOMETHING!!! STOP SAYING HE ****ING DIDN'T YA DUMBARSE!

Ok, but for real, half as safe, how and the hell do you get that?Oh, just from the facts that he is ignoring our General in Afghanistan it seems, appeasing Iran, Russia & North Korea, cutting missile defense, throwing Israel under the bus, stabbing Poland and the Czechs in the back, starting trade war with China, prosecuting our CIA agents, trying to move the terrorists in Gitmo to the US, etc.

And not to mention diverting funds for our troops armor and such to pay for the homicidal drunk Kennedy's "memorial".

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:08 PM
Oh, just from the facts that he is ignoring our General in Afghanistan it seems, appeasing Iran and Russia, cutting missile defense, throwing Israel under the bus, stabbing Poland and the Czechs in the back, prosecuting out CIA agents, trying to move the terrorists in Gitmo to the US, etc.

And not to mention diverting funds for our troops armor and such to pay for the homicidal drunk Kennedy's "memorial".

But have we been attacked? No. FAIL

edit: Oh, and you just admitted he did something again.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:10 PM
But on the bright side, Obama is keeping Gitmo open, keeping the patriot act going and stepping up the domestic wiretapping & rendition programs....

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:10 PM
But on the bright side, Obama is keeping Gitmo open, keeping the patriot act going and stepping up the domestic wiretapping & rendition programs....

You just admitted he did something again.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:11 PM
But have we been attacked? No. FAIL
Thankfully, but its probably going to take a while, considering AQ was nearly in total defeat when Bush was in office. Now it appears they are coming back, and about to overrun Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan...

And yet Obama is worried about Fox News. Awesome.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:12 PM
You just admitted he did something again.Did and Accomplish are two different things....

How's that hope and change going for you? Still got a job or house???

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:13 PM
Probably going to take a while, AQ was actually nearly in defeat when Bush was in office. Now it appears they are coming back.

And yet Obama is worried about Fox News. Awesome.

But, we haven't been attacked yet, so Obama FTW.

Everyday he keeps us safer and safer.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:14 PM
Did and Accomplish are two different things....

How's that hope and change going for you? Still got a job or house???

Na, lost that **** before Obama got elected.

I am enjoying this Bush economic rebound now though.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:15 PM
He did manage to do another thing, give us record debt for as far as the eye can see....
http://www.fundmasteryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wapoobamabudget1.jpg

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:16 PM
But, we haven't been attacked yet, so Obama FTW.

Everyday he keeps us safer and safer.I hope so, but his actions say otherwise, sans the wiretapping and patriot act stuff.

Maybe that's why he is sending our prisoners off to other countries to get "interrogated"???

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:17 PM
He did manage to do another thing, give us record debt for as far as the eye can see....
http://www.fundmasteryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wapoobamabudget1.jpg

The last 3 (R) presidents saw huge deficit spending as a badge of honor, so I count that as you saying Obama has accomplished something.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:18 PM
I hope so, but his actions say otherwise, sans the wiretapping and patriot act stuff.

Hey, I thought Bush swinging his bat at the hornets nest was a bad idea, but the wasps didn't sting us again. So, Bush FTW.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:19 PM
Just thought of another Obama accomplishment:

The collapse of the dollar and the loss of reserve currency status.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2009, 05:19 PM
The commentary on Fox is clearly biased, but so is the commentary at every other network. Anyone who complains about Fox being biased and then flips on MSNBC is a tool.

However, I think the straight-up news programming at Fox News is just fine. I think it was a bit better when Brit Hume was around but it's really not that bad.

And if it does lean right then that doesn't really bother me because of the predominance of left-wing news media. Which, by the way, is a very tired excuse from my fellow conservatives. The number of news sources is so saturated that the liberal bias in the media is not that potent or influential.

What really gets me is that conservative pundits rightly point out that ratings among the traditional big-3 news networks (NBC, CBS, ABC) has dropped so low because people have a near infinite number of sources to get their news from. If that's the case, it would then stand to reason that the influence of news organizations with a liberal bias would be significantly reduced since people have the option to get their news from more conservative sources. However, that is NEVER argued.

What it really boils down to is that news organizations are where conservatives (and some liberals) go when they need to whip the base into a frenzy for fundraising purposes. And before RLIMC asks how I know this...I get stacks of fundraising letters from every conservative organization A-Z in the mail nearly every day. I can't tell you the number of times conservative groups try to get you to donate to their cause because of how maligned they are by the media. :eyeroll:

If you want money then argue the merits of your organization and how you're going to use that money to advance a conservative agenda -- don't whine about the damned media.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:20 PM
The commentary on Fox is clearly biased, but so is the commentary at every other network. Anyone who complains about Fox being biased and then flips on MSNBC is a tool.

However, I think the straight-up news programming at Fox News is just fine. I think it was a bit better when Brit Hume was around but it's really not that bad.

And if it does lean right then that doesn't really bother me because of the predominance of left-wing news media. Which, by the way, is a very tired excuse from my fellow conservatives. The number of news sources is so saturated that the liberal bias in the media is not that potent or influential.

What really gets me is that conservative pundits rightly point out that ratings among the traditional big-3 news networks (NBC, CBS, ABC) has dropped so low because people have a near infinite number of sources to get their news from. If that's the case, it would then stand to reason that the influence of news organizations with a liberal bias would be significantly reduced since people have the option to get their news from more conservative sources. However, that is NEVER argued.

What it really boils down to is that news organizations are where conservatives (and some liberals) go when they need to whip the base into a frenzy for fundraising purposes. And before RLIMC asks how I know this...I get stacks of fundraising letters from every conservative organization A-Z in the mail nearly every day. I can't tell you the number of times conservative groups try to get you to donate to their cause because of how maligned they are by the media. :eyeroll:

If you want money then argue the merits of your organization and how you're going to use that money to advance a conservative agenda -- don't whine about the damned media.

I like Shep Smith.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:21 PM
Just thought of another Obama accomplishment:

The collapse of the dollar and the loss of reserve currency status.

Nah, that started with the last guy, Bama just hasn't "changed" it.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:21 PM
The last 3 (R) presidents saw huge deficit spending as a badge of honor, so I count that as you saying Obama has accomplished something.Well, spending more than every President combined from 1776-2001 in 9 months is an accomplishment, I will grant you that.

fits in well with his collapsing dollar and double digit unemployment accomplishments rather well.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:23 PM
Well, spending more than every President combined from 1776-2001 in 9 months is an accomplishment, I will grant you that.

fits in well with his collapsing dollar and double digit unemployment accomplishments rather well.

Hey man, don't hate the player, hate the game. Betcha wish executive power hadn't been expanded so much in the last 30 years huh?

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:24 PM
Nah, that started with the last guy, Bama just hasn't "changed" it.Yeah, cause Bush's $500billion debt cause all the problems, not the squanderer's $1.5 trillion debt. Riiiight.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, cause Bush's $500billion debt cause all the problems, not the squanderer's $1.5 trillion debt. Riiiight.

Didn't help did it nancy boy

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:26 PM
Betcha wish executive power hadn't been expanded so much in the last 30 years huh?Does taking over GM, AIG, the financial sector and trying to take over the health care system and the rest of the private sector count???? Then no, I wish it not.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2009, 05:27 PM
Didn't help did it nancy boyFunny, people weren't talking about losing our Reserve Currency status when Bush was in office.

Oh well, at least Obama gets to win a Nobel Peace Prize and bitch about Fox News. THATS what's important.

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 05:32 PM
Does taking over GM, AIG, the financial sector and trying to take over the health care system and the rest of the private sector count???? Then no, I wish it not.

Funny, people weren't talking about losing our Reserve Currency status when Bush was in office.

Oh well, at least Obama gets to win a Nobel Peace Prize and bitch about Fox News. THATS what's important.

Damn, quick on the draw tonight.

Na, I meant taking power the constitution never gave him. Favorite past time for the last couple of Presidents.

People talk about all sorts of ****. While Bush was at bat people talked about the US losing its role as a beacon to the world. (BTW, China was eating up our debt then to hass.)

Your just mad cause he won that award by not being Bush.

Dio
10/19/2009, 06:01 PM
No, I fixed Tuba's jackassery. You just turned it back the way it was, which is wrong I might add.

You fail message board 101. :D

Ah, I didn't see I was fixing your fix- I usually skim these threads as quickly as possible. ;)

Sooner_Havok
10/19/2009, 06:08 PM
Ah, I didn't see I was fixing your fix- I usually skim these threads as quickly as possible. ;)

Then you miss the good shart.

Pey tention next time!

SoonerNate
10/19/2009, 06:10 PM
Even Bush wasn't a chump enough to call out all the liberal news networks when he was prez. Sounds like the brack is a little insecure to me.

Obama has the thinnest skin of any president in my lifetime.

Whoa, there's one network that doesn't worship me. WAHHHHH

Spoiled Barry.

Whet
10/19/2009, 08:03 PM
The health care debacle bill is about to come up in the Senate. With the public running as fast as they can from Obamacare, Axelrod/Emanuel have manufactured the Fox News issue to draw the public's attention off of the takeover of our healthcare system. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

This is what their jihad against Fox News is all about - don't pay attention to the healthcare debacle!

jdsooner
10/20/2009, 12:27 AM
Surely no one thinks that Glen Beck or Sean Hannity dislikes Obama.:rolleyes: I believe that that Fox News is fair, balanced, and unbiased because they say so.;) They wouldn't lie about that, would they?

I also believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin. Finally, I think Greta Van Sustern is hot--not! Sorry, I just couldn't go that far.

KABOOKIE
10/20/2009, 01:10 AM
Right. And they deserve to be singled out by this pathetic administration. Next thing you know they'll call Fox News a racist organization. Typical of the left.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/20/2009, 08:11 AM
I can't see this ending well for brack and friends...

soonerhubs
10/20/2009, 09:09 AM
Keith Olbermann is so fair and balanced. He's the epitome of non agenda-driven journalism and deserves the highest of awards. Maybe even a Nobel. He never attacked George Bush, and I challenge anyone to find any video that ever shows him being passionate about political issues. He's practically a Robot when reporting on this stuff.

;)

SCOUT
10/20/2009, 09:15 AM
Surely no one thinks that Glen Beck or Sean Hannity dislikes Obama.:rolleyes: I believe that that Fox News is fair, balanced, and unbiased because they say so.;) They wouldn't lie about that, would they?

I also believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin. Finally, I think Greta Van Sustern is hot--not! Sorry, I just couldn't go that far.

Glen Beck and Sean Hannity are not newsmen. They are commentators. Wolf Blitzer is supposed to be a newsman. Yet, he spends his time giving rebuttals to Saturday Night Live skits about BHO. Yep, CNN is the beacon of unbiased reporting.

jdsooner
10/20/2009, 04:21 PM
Fox News has a conservative agenda.
MSNBC has a liberal agenda.

If you think CNN is biased, don't forget that Van Sustern and Beck started on CNN. Yes, I know that Beck and Hannity are commentators, but they work for Fox News and basically speak for Fox News. Fox News should be renamed the Republican Agenda Network.

soonerhubs
10/20/2009, 04:25 PM

If you think CNN is biased, don't forget that Van Sustern and Beck started on CNN. Yes, I know that Beck and Hannity are commentators, but they work for Fox News and basically speak for Fox News. Fox News should be renamed the Republican Agenda Network.

What, pray tell, would you call MSNBC?

SCOUT
10/20/2009, 04:30 PM
O7x-dzXVcOw

Did I miss where they fact checked the skits about Bush, Palin, McCain etc.?

Wolf is acting as if he were the spokesperson for the Obama administration.

soonerhubs
10/20/2009, 09:56 PM

Wow, so I guess MSNBC doesn't get a nickname eh?

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/20/2009, 10:04 PM

You only gave him five and a half hours to respond. WTF???

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2009, 10:10 PM
What, pray tell, would you call MSNBC?

The White House Press Office.

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2009, 10:12 PM
The White House Press Office.

Man, your going to make a horrible lib :D

pilobolus
10/20/2009, 10:33 PM
If you want the actual news, you have to go to PBS, NPR, or the BBC.

Curly Bill
10/20/2009, 10:37 PM

LOL....:rolleyes:

Sooner_Havok
10/20/2009, 10:39 PM
LOL....:rolleyes:

No lie, everyone knows the only media more liberal than the MSM are public news, and global news.

soonerhubs
10/21/2009, 07:48 AM
You only gave him five and a half hours to respond. WTF???

WTF=Why the Face?

Right?

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2009, 09:25 AM
If you want the actual news, you have to go to PBS, NPR, or the BBC.What other state sponsored and controlled mouth pieces do you rely on for your "news"??? China's CCTV?? Chavez TV perhaps???

Dio
10/21/2009, 09:49 AM

You forgot Tass

bonkuba
10/21/2009, 09:53 AM

Funniest post ever :D :D :D :D

soonerhubs
10/21/2009, 10:53 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the strategy of this administration as well as the DNC in general is MARGINALIZE, MARGINALIZE, and MARGINALIZE some more. If you can convince the public through hyperbole, outlandish statements, and complete utter falsehoods, that the opposition is special needs, mentally impaired, or just bat **** crazy, you've won the battle.

OklahomaTuba
10/21/2009, 01:07 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the strategy of this administration as well as the DNC in general is MARGINALIZE, MARGINALIZE, and MARGINALIZE some more.Well, if I tripled that national debt and doubled unemployment in 9 months, I would be trying to figure out how to distract people as well....

pilobolus
10/21/2009, 01:33 PM
No lie, everyone knows the only media more liberal than the MSM are public news, and global news.

No, they are not liberal, just not pro-white or pro-corporate. Of course, I realize you and Curly get all riled up and confused by the terms conservative and liberal, so I will cut you some slack.

soonerhubs
10/21/2009, 02:16 PM
No, they are not liberal, just not pro-white or pro-corporate. Of course, I realize you and Curly get all riled up and confused by the terms conservative and liberal, so I will cut you some slack.

That's a very bold statement. Care to back up your marginalizing with some evidence supporting your bold position regarding race?

tommieharris91
10/21/2009, 02:26 PM
Apparently Curly needs an intervention.

Sooner_Havok
10/21/2009, 03:13 PM

dumb *** :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2009, 03:21 PM

You left out La Monde. They do have an English edition you know...

Sooner_Havok
10/21/2009, 03:25 PM
If you want news, direct your magic pron box to digg.com or reddit.com.

I honestly have no use for any other media outlets, be it TV, radio, or print. They are all useless and outdated dinosaurs. The day they all die, the world will be a better place.

Uncle Ernie
10/21/2009, 03:54 PM

The horse's mouth.

Little buddies in 3,2,1......

KABOOKIE
10/21/2009, 04:14 PM
Your location is allsome.

Uncle Ernie
10/21/2009, 04:27 PM
Your location is allsome.

Ruoy cryptic sesnopser era suoiralih

I Am Right
10/21/2009, 04:29 PM
If you want the fake made up news, you have to go to PBS, NPR, or the BBC.

Fixed

jdsooner
10/21/2009, 05:53 PM

Sorry, I do have a life outside of Sooner Fans, pathetic as it is.
How about those Yankees?

You could rename MSNBC the Democratic Agenda Network. The problem is that Fox tries to claim that they are fair and balanced while giving us a steady diet of the likes of Mike Huckabee, Ann Coulter, Dick Morris, (the worst rug in the world), Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity and Glen Beck.

I find their slogan, "We report, you decide" to be laughable.:D

KABOOKIE
10/21/2009, 06:08 PM
Ruoy cryptic sesnopser era suoiralih

Your citpyrc responses are hilarious? :D

I Am Right
10/21/2009, 06:55 PM

What?

Chuck Bao
10/21/2009, 07:04 PM
Some people are just so small and tight minded that it must hurt.

There are some great news and journalism concerning the stock market. I can get three different views daily and I can choose what I believe. None of which comes from that dip**** of a network called ****.Ox.

soonerhubs
10/21/2009, 07:13 PM
Some people are just so small and tight minded that it must hurt.

There are some great news and journalism concerning the stock market. I can get three different views daily and I can choose what I believe. None of which comes from that dip**** of a network called ****.Ox.

Chuck, I usually agree with you, but is it not paradoxical to slam narrow mindedness while attacking a network, whose means of reporting, writing editorials, and presenting information, you obviously vehemently disagree with?

Why can't one watch Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, and the BBC? I personally find it refreshing to move around with my news sources.

I Am Right
10/21/2009, 07:38 PM
FOX News, when the facts matter.

I Am Right
10/21/2009, 07:38 PM
CBS, ABC, NBC News, when facts are made up.

Chuck Bao
10/21/2009, 08:07 PM
Chuck, I usually agree with you, but is it not paradoxical to slam narrow mindedness while attacking a network, whose means of reporting, writing editorials, and presenting information, you obviously vehemently disagree with?

Why can't one watch Foxnews, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, and the BBC? I personally find it refreshing to move around with my news sources.

Hubler, you are right of course. I see FOX as severely lacking in journalistic integrity and maybe that is also a form of narrow mindedness. I get most of my news from Reuters and Bloomberg machines in my office. At home, I only watch stock market news on CNBC and Bloomberg, as well as MarketWatch online. These are already pro-big business, pro-Republican and anti-Obama and I'm quite okay with that because they seem fair in their comments.

soonerhubs
10/22/2009, 01:36 PM
Hubler, you are right of course. I see FOX as severely lacking in journalistic integrity and maybe that is also a form of narrow mindedness. I get most of my news from Reuters and Bloomberg machines in my office. At home, I only watch stock market news on CNBC and Bloomberg, as well as MarketWatch online. These are already pro-big business, pro-Republican and anti-Obama and I'm quite okay with that because they seem fair in their comments.

That's a fair comment. Thanks for clarifying your perspective.

SoonerProphet
10/22/2009, 03:24 PM
CBS, ABC, NBC News, when facts are made up.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/88511/thumbs/s-SANFORD-large.jpg

because the agitprop you get from "your" news source is so much better than the agitprop you get from the "msm"...whatever the hell that means.

ouwapiti
10/22/2009, 03:38 PM
if 'nobama' doesnt like fox news it must mean they're doing something right

okiewaker
10/22/2009, 03:47 PM
Speed reader on Fox right now reading the healthcare reform bill, you know, that big stack. Wiping it out pretty quick, too.

OklahomaTuba
10/22/2009, 04:00 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/88511/thumbs/s-SANFORD-large.jpg

because the agitprop you get from "your" news source is so much better than the agitprop you get from the "msm"...whatever the hell that means.Eh, mistakes like that happen a lot.

A lot different than, say, forging an airforce reserve document about a sitting President 1 month before an election.

Or having secret meetings at the Whitehouse to discuss "strategy".

OklahomaTuba
10/22/2009, 04:01 PM
hmmmm....

guaranteed that the phone will ring tonight; wil explain at 5pm

http://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/5078651145

KABOOKIE
10/23/2009, 06:38 PM
"I think that what our advisers simply said is, is that we are going to take media as it comes," Obama said when asked about his advisers targeting the network openly. "And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that's one thing. And if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another. But it's not something I'm losing a lot of sleep over."

Obama's comments also came after he met Monday with political commentators Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow of MSNBC; Eugene Robinson and E.J. Dionne of the Washington Post; Ron Brownstein of the National Journal; John Dickerson of Slate; Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd and Bob Herbert of the New York Times; Jerry Seib of the Wall Street Journal, Gloria Borger of CNN and U.S. News and World Report, and Gwen Ifill of PBS.

I can only imagine the hysteria from the liberal donks had Bush tried to bar CBS from the White House press corps. Especially after he had a meeting with Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

stoopified
10/23/2009, 06:41 PM
Gee I wonder why?

OklahomaTuba
10/27/2009, 10:17 AM
Ouch. Maybe Dear Leader will give them a bail-out?????

CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks

CNN, which invented the cable news network more than two decades ago, will hit a new competitive low with its prime-time programs in October, finishing fourth – and last – among the cable news networks with the audience that all the networks rely on for their advertising. http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/26/cnn-drops-to-last-place-among-cable-news-networks/

Chuck Bao
10/27/2009, 10:36 AM
That is quite a sad state indication of the American public, in my opinion. Maybe THAT is what's wrong with America - we're tuning in to too much partisan, finger pointing and attack dog opinions and not enough real news about the world around us.

PDXsooner
10/27/2009, 11:29 AM
you guys are funny, comparing Fox to all of the other networks.

dolemitesooner
10/27/2009, 11:55 AM
FAIR AND BALANCED

JohnnyMack
10/27/2009, 12:04 PM
What Tuba et al fail to publicly acknowledge is that Fox News is as big a piece of crap as CNN is. The same way his simplistic, partisan nature prevents him from seeing beyond Democrats and Republicans.

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2009, 12:11 PM
That is quite a sad state indication of the American public, in my opinion. Maybe THAT is what's wrong with America - we're tuning in to too much partisan, finger pointing and attack dog opinions and not enough real news about the world around us.

:les: AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS THE DEMOCRATS FAULT!!!!!!! THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS THE ONLY HOPE OF THE COUNTRY, NAY, THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!![hairGel]

OklahomaTuba
10/27/2009, 01:11 PM
The same way his simplistic, partisan nature prevents him from seeing beyond Democrats and Republicans.Are you talking about me, or Barack Obama???

Chuck Bao
10/27/2009, 01:17 PM
Seriously, I never tune into Larry King. And, some of the other talking heads at CNN are even less interesting.

But, I do know that most of the English speaking world of a billion or so will tune into CNN on any major world event. They may be losing popularity in the US on prime time news programs, but globally speaking they still be the giant.

OklahomaTuba
10/27/2009, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't call being beaten by re-runs of snuggie infomercials on the shopping network as simply "losing popularity".

Its simple economics really. Libs make up 20% of the electorate. Why appeal to such an obvious radical minority and not try to lure in moderates and traditional/conservative minded folks as well?

Their continued insults & hatred towards Christians, Conservatives, etc (teabaggers and wingnuts as they like to call us) is driving people away. That's why they are getting their asses handed to them. I give them 1-2 years before they are out of business at this rate.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2009, 01:55 PM
What Tuba et al fail to publicly acknowledge is that Fox News is as big a piece of crap as CNN is. The same way his simplistic, partisan nature prevents him from seeing beyond Democrats and Republicans.

et al = Obama administration.

MamaMia
10/27/2009, 02:31 PM
..and narcissistic. I'm sure the negative implications of such a dangerous combination when coupled with great power will be studied and hopefully avoided for the sake of future generations.

pilobolus
10/28/2009, 02:11 PM
You "conservatives" crack me the **** up. You let someone else (wall street, corporations, banks) take 9/10's of the pie, while you are dreaming unrealistically that could one day be you in their position. Not to mention playing on your archaic religious beliefs and unfounded fear of gays, illegals, and someone taking your precious guns away so they can continue to share the pie unequally. Pathetic. Man, I am ashamed of this state sometimes.

Turd_Ferguson
10/28/2009, 02:22 PM
You "conservatives" crack me the **** up. You let someone else (wall street, corporations, banks) take 9/10's of the pie, while you are dreaming unrealistically that could one day be you in their position. Not to mention playing on your archaic religious beliefs and unfounded fear of gays, illegals, and someone taking your precious guns away so they can continue to share the pie unequally. Pathetic. Man, I am ashamed of this state sometimes.probably more like this state is ashamed of you...GADOCADWI.

StoopTroup
10/28/2009, 05:02 PM
..and narcissistic. I'm sure the negative implications of such a dangerous combination when coupled with great power will be studied and hopefully avoided for the sake of future generations.

Honestly...

Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. I know you don't like him but I think from his stand point...you'd have to every now and then look in the morror and say..."I can't believe I'm President!". I wouldn't think that I would get all "Look at me! I'm President!" as much as "I wonder just how much I can get away with?".

Stuff like...

"I bet if I bow to a King...they will go bat-**** crazy!".

"Let's do some more stuff to get Cheney's BP up!"

"We ought to call out Fox News as a Non News entity! I bet they will all go crazy!"

He's got to be having some fun between times when he has to review the body counts of our Military and volunteers abroad.

soonerscuba
10/28/2009, 05:17 PM
I just like the idea that there are people who believe people in political power who are narcissitic and insecure are some sort of exceptional case.

Sooner98
10/28/2009, 10:52 PM
You "conservatives" crack me the **** up. You let someone else (wall street, corporations, banks) take 9/10's of the pie, while you are dreaming unrealistically that could one day be you in their position. Not to mention playing on your archaic religious beliefs and unfounded fear of gays, illegals, and someone taking your precious guns away so they can continue to share the pie unequally. Pathetic. Man, I am ashamed of this state sometimes.

Wow, I bet this is almost verbatim out of the Communist Manifesto. Yay Communism!!!

PDXsooner
10/28/2009, 11:26 PM
Wow, I bet this is almost verbatim out of the Communist Manifesto. Yay Communism!!!

i don't see what you could have taken out of that comment that you could interpret as communism. be honest, you just like to call people commies, don't you?

seriously, explain what the hell you're talking about.

Chuck Bao
10/29/2009, 04:31 AM

^^^^^This and spek.

Edited to add: I really don't think the average Oklahoman gets what the modern day Robber Barons have done to America in the name of corporate greed disguised as capitalism and freedom.

49r
10/29/2009, 10:01 AM
Robber barons, war profiteering, the general fleecing of 90 to 95 percent of the population. It's the American way! And as long as the 90 percent can still afford to drive a big *** truck with mudflaps and a pissing calvin sticker on it we'll be happy and think we are rich and can identify with our "heroes" like those we read about in the news.

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 10:14 AM

I'm afraid that the gays and illegals will take over Wall Street and the Corporations as they have both shown they could care less about our Archaic Religious beliefs. ;)

Have you ever read much of the Bible?

You do know that there are many stories about Human Nature in them right? I think that's where the guilt stuff comes from as you read it and then realize you're living what was written. Some folks get mad and turn away even curse the State they were raised in...others repent and try to live a more rewarding simple life that doesn't require them to sell their soul for rewards in this life. They soon realize that they don't need as much pie and that together...they can control quite a bit more of those who seek to consume it all.

Turd_Ferguson
10/29/2009, 10:25 AM
I'm afraid that the gays and illegals will take over Wall Street and the Corporations as they have both shown they could care less about our Archaic Religious beliefs. ;)

You do know that there are many stories about Human Nature in them right? I think that's where the guilt stuff comes from as you read it and then realize you're living what was written. Some folks get mad and turn away even curse the State they were raised in...others repent and try to live a more rewarding simple life that doesn't require them to sell their soul for rewards in this life. They soon realize that they don't need as much pie and that together...they can control quite a bit more of those who seek to consume it all.Great post ST.

IGotNoTiming
10/29/2009, 10:29 AM
Politics is always fun. We are more polarized now than ever. Everyone feels a need to stand on their side and belittle the other before ever discussing the the real issues. I truly believe this school of thought was intentionally driven into the masses' sub-conscience in order for those in power (be they Republican or Democrat) to keep the population from being truly educated about the problems. This allows those in power to make decisions without resistance. We have several examples of that already having happened.
Going to war in Iraq was particularly appalling because an administration out-and-out lied about the pretenses of why we were going and because of the fragile state of America's psyche, post 9/11 anyone who dared challenge them was labeled a traitor. Now we have a president who is wanting to escalate the war in Afghanistan and frankly that is not a winnable situation.

I take back my first statement, politics suck.

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 10:32 AM
Politics is always fun. We are more polarized now than ever. Everyone feels a need to stand on their side and belittle the other before ever discussing the the real issues. I truly believe this school of thought was intentionally driven into the masses' sub-conscience in order for those in power (be they Republican or Democrat) to keep the population from being truly educated about the problems. This allows those in power to make decisions without resistance. We have several examples of that already having happened.
Going to war in Iraq was particularly appalling because an administration out-and-out lied about the pretenses of why we were going and because of the fragile state of America's psyche, post 9/11 anyone who dared challenge them was labeled a traitor. Now we have a president who is wanting to escalate the war in Afghanistan and frankly that is not a winnable situation.

I take back my first statement, politics suck.

Who do you think is in power?

Also...I think you're wrong about PBHO wanting to escalate the War in Afghanistan. I believe he's been trying to keep more Troops from going there and also trying to win over the Afghani People without creating collateral damage.

IGotNoTiming
10/29/2009, 10:51 AM
ST,

Touche you are right. Obama is in power as the result of the backlash from the former administration. It was a fiasco over the last four years. One party lost all credibility and now the next party has it's chance to do the same.

As far as Afghanistan goes though. We should get the **** outta there. Those people have been warring forever. They are really good at it. Continuing our efforts there will solve nothing. The corruption and safe haven provided by Pakistan, ( yeah go on and site the fact that they are pounding Taliban strongholds in Wazeristan) has been the root cause of fueling the fundamentalist movement over there. Ugh don't get me started.... We have made very strange bed fellows with regards to several countries in the middle east and NONE of it has been for the better.

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 10:52 AM
Not sure we should leave.

IGotNoTiming
10/29/2009, 11:20 AM
Fair enough. Here is why I think we should not stay. I am interested to hear your rebuttal.

First off- History- plain and simple. When your are fighting people that have nothing. They fight like they have nothing to lose. Lets face it most of that country has no electricity, running water, schools or paved roads. It is in these conditions where religious fundamentalism breeds like mosquitos at a cow tank.
Secondly- The Pashtun culture, is rife with corruption. That is the root of their governing over there. While there are people working to unite everyone under the auspices of one united Afghanistan, those efforts will always take a back seat to tribal needs. It is feudalism at it's finest.

The only condition where I would support continuing military involvement there is if the US would then pay to rebuild a nation we have helped destroy. Granted it was F***ed up before we got there. But that could make a difference in the long term success and stability there. You often hear people shouting down the idea of "nation-building" and we are not in the business of doing that. That is the most ludicrous notion in the world. All we need to do is look at history. If a nation is going to have any chance of success after a war it ONLY happens when the world joins together and repairs the damage that was done. ( See Japan, Germany, and England)

pilobolus
10/29/2009, 11:48 AM

Sorry, I'm not into Jewish mythology and Christian fairy tales.

I agree that was a good post, though.:)

I hope everyone is ready for a fifty year war.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20091102/hayden

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry, I'm not into Jewish mythology and Christian fairy tales.

I agree that was a good post, though.:)

I hope everyone is ready for a fifty year war.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20091102/hayden

The real War has been going for a lot longer than you realize and that is no fairytale. Have you put any thought into joining the Peace Corp?

IGotNoTiming
10/29/2009, 01:09 PM
Joining the peace corp is probably one of the most benevolent acts you could do... Go somewhere where they are in dire need of help, volunteer your efforts and help improve the lives of those who are less fortunate than you...

I betchya Jesus Christ would approve...

C&CDean
10/29/2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry, I'm just an arrogant ***

I can buy that.

OklahomaTuba
10/29/2009, 01:49 PM
Not to mention playing on your archaic religious beliefs and unfounded fear of gays, illegals, and someone taking your precious guns away so they can continue to share the pie unequally. Pathetic. Man, I am ashamed of this state sometimes.And given your intolerant, hate-filled, hypocritical & stereotyping rant above, I would day that 9/10s of this state would be ashamed of you without a question.

Turd_Ferguson
10/29/2009, 01:56 PM
And given your intolerant, hate-filled, hypocritical & stereotyping rant above, I would day that 9/10s of this state would be ashamed of you without a question.

Man I just said that!

probably more like this state is ashamed of you...

pilobolus
10/29/2009, 02:01 PM
And given your intolerant, hate-filled, hypocritical & stereotyping rant above, I would day that 9/10s of this state would be ashamed of you without a question.

This coming from a Fox News supporter. You need to look up "irony" in the dictionary.

Dean, if the fact that I choose to get my information from a variety of sources and then make up my own mind classifies me as arrogant, so be it. At least I don't blindly grab onto everything Beck and Hannity spew and consider their propaganda to be my own unique world view.

Turd_Ferguson
10/29/2009, 02:12 PM
This coming from a Fox News supporter. You need to look up "irony" in the dictionary.

Dean, if the fact that I choose to get my information from a variety of sources and then make up my own mind classifies me as arrogant, so be it. At least I don't blindly grab onto everything Beck and Hannity spew and consider their propaganda to be my own unique world view.You don't know that, you assume it. Maybe a lot of Fox supporter's get there new's from Fox and a variety of other new's outlet's and make up their own mind's.

OklahomaTuba
10/29/2009, 02:19 PM
This coming from a Fox News supporter. You need to look up "irony" in the dictionary.That's funny, coming from a guy who just posted one of the most angry and hate-filled things ever on this message board.

So what other groups do you spew your intolerant hate speech at????

Frozen Sooner
10/29/2009, 02:27 PM
You don't know that, you assume it. Maybe a lot of Fox supporter's get there new's from Fox and a variety of other new's outlet's and make up their own mind's.

That's a whole lot of apostrophes.

tommieharris91
10/29/2009, 02:30 PM

There's been a lot worse than that here.

JohnnyMack
10/29/2009, 02:30 PM
That's a whole lot of apostrophes.

Wha't?

tommieharris91
10/29/2009, 02:31 PM

Dean, if the fact that I choose to get my information from a variety of sources and then make up my own mind classifies me as arrogant, so be it. At least I don't blindly grab onto everything Beck and Hannity spew and consider their propaganda to be my own unique world view.

You're looking for the other far-right poster on the SO.

tommieharris91
10/29/2009, 02:32 PM
You don't know that, you assume it. Maybe a lot of Fox supporter's get there new's from Fox and a variety of other new's outlet's and make up their own mind's.

Based on cable news rating, I'd say you're wrong.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 03:09 PM
This is one of the dumber S.O. threads in recent memory.

Turd_Ferguson
10/29/2009, 03:46 PM
That's a whole lot of apostrophes.sometime's I'm Period's happy...somtime's I'm apostrophe's happy. It's like I can't control my right pinky.:D

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 03:59 PM
sometime's I'm Period's happy...somtime's I'm apostrophe's happy. It's like I can't control my right pinky.:Dhttp://commonpath.org/files/u22/1_MG_4256.jpg

Sooner98
10/29/2009, 05:09 PM
i don't see what you could have taken out of that comment that you could interpret as communism. be honest, you just like to call people commies, don't you?

seriously, explain what the hell you're talking about.

Wealthy people/corporations = evil
Religion/Christianity/Christians = evil
Gun ownership = evil

That's pretty much what I gathered from his post, but I'm sure he could explain his twisted belief system a lot better than I could.

pilobolus
10/29/2009, 08:16 PM
Wealthy people/corporations = evil
Religion/Christianity/Christians = evil
Gun ownership = evil

That's pretty much what I gathered from his post, but I'm sure he could explain his twisted belief system a lot better than I could.

There's nothing wrong with wealth or successful businesses, but the crony capitalism currently going on in this country is patently evil.

There is nothing inherently wrong with one's own personal spiritual beliefs, but there is a lot wrong with organized religion and manipulating people/voters based on their naive beliefs.

I believe in the right to own guns, but I don't believe it's proper to scare under-educated and under-informed people/voters with issues like this in order to further a more greedy, devious, and hurtful agenda.

SCOUT
10/30/2009, 12:09 AM
There is nothing inherently wrong with one's own personal spiritual beliefs, but there is a lot wrong with organized religion and manipulating people/voters based on their naive beliefs.

I believe in the right to own guns, but I don't believe it's proper to scare under-educated and under-informed people/voters with issues like this in order to further a more greedy, devious, and hurtful agenda.

I hate to neg anyone but I am afraid I can't pass this one up.

First, you were given the chance to back out of your intellectual condemnation of those who believe in God. You decided it was better to attack their religion instead. Either you don't understand religion (likely) or you are just not that smart (sadly, equally likely).

Second, you try to agree with the rights of gun owners, but somehow morph that into a scare tactic on the stupid voters because gun salesmen are trying to make more money? Oh, let's not forget that their agenda is hurtful, devious and greedy.

Or is there an evil agenda beyond the gun salesman lobby? Is it the Triumvirate? Is Colonel Sanders still really alive?

Turd_Ferguson
10/30/2009, 01:41 AM
I hate to neg anyone but I am afraid I can't pass this one up.

First, you were given the chance to back out of your intellectual condemnation of those who believe in God. You decided it was better to attack their religion instead. Either you don't understand religion (likely) or you are just not that smart (sadly, equally likely).

Second, you try to agree with the rights of gun owners, but somehow morph that into a scare tactic on the stupid voters because gun salesmen are trying to make more money? Oh, let's not forget that their agenda is hurtful, devious and greedy.

Or is there an evil agenda beyond the gun salesman lobby? Is it the Triumvirate? Is Colonel Sanders still really alive?he's a troll...meh.

SCOUT
10/30/2009, 01:43 AM
he's a troll...meh.
Are you sure that Colonel Sanders isn't still alive? Think about it!

;)

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 09:06 AM
Are you sure that Colonel Sanders isn't still alive? Think about it!

;)

**** yeah he is. I saw him feeding greasy chicken legs to Elvis last week in Knoxville.

OklahomaTuba
10/30/2009, 09:15 AM
First, you were given the chance to back out of your intellectual condemnation of those who believe in God. You decided it was better to attack their religion instead. Either you don't understand religion (likely) or you are just not that smart (sadly, equally likely).Sadly, this is what hate-spewing fanatics resort to these days..

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:08 PM
Sadly, this is what hate-spewing fanatics resort to these days..:rolleyes:

Says the guy who still has THIS:

"… the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy."

-Barack H. Obama

...as his sig, even though it's a complete fabrication...a disproved lie and only ON his sig to "Fanatically spew hate."

You go, Hypocrite Man. You go your face off...

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:43 PM
PBHO will put his cigarette out on Tuba's back when he's done.

OklahomaTuba
10/30/2009, 04:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Says the guy who still has THIS:

...as his sig, even though it's a complete fabrication...a disproved lie and only ON his sig to "Fanatically spew hate."

You go, Hypocrite Man. You go your face off...Well, I'm just following your lead after all. Since you're the one who started posting fake quotes to begin with...