PDA

View Full Version : Dead Wrong!

soonerfan28
10/19/2009, 10:05 AM
I will say that I was dead wrong about our o-line being one of the best in the Stoops era. I'm just waiting to see when he'll hold open tryouts for walk-ons. Trent Williams is suppose to be a 1st round pick and he can't even slow a DE down. Then you're rotating offensive lineman like you have 100 if them. I think the biggest problem w/our team starts up front on the offensive side. We've lost 3 games by a combines 5 points. If we didn't have the defense we have we would've been on the wrong side of at least two blowouts.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 10:09 AM
There is definitely some problems....however...wasn't texas's defense supposed to crush us too with or without Sam?

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/19/2009, 10:10 AM
Trent Williams is suppose to be a 1st round pick and he can even slow a DE down. Then you're rotating interior lineman like you have 100 if them.

Having Phil, Duke, and Coop blocking next to you can make you look real good when you pancake their 3rd best lineman. He doesn't have that this year and has looked very disappointing to me from what we were lead to expect from him.

I don't think we're rotating interior lineman as much as you think. Look at Taylor and GK late in games, they're gassed from being on the field for so many snaps.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 10:12 AM
I think he is talking about the guards

VA Sooner
10/19/2009, 10:13 AM
We held our own with a backup QB and lots of backups all over the offensive side of the ball. 16-13 because of an amazing defense... and that will keep us in the upcoming games. We just need to figure out some better offensive strategies...

The o-line is the biggest deficit for our team and the different rotations showed that there were some combinations better than others. Having Brian Simmons out of this one really hurt because it put our best blocker (Eldridge) back in the line and Rattertree doesn't have the experience to block well enough for our RBs.

O-line... that's our biggest issue... agreed.

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 10:14 AM
Phil Loadholt, one of the most underrated Sooners of the Stoops Era.

Joe Fan says... all he does is false start, and get beat by "smaller, quicker, DEs".

soonerfan28
10/19/2009, 10:14 AM
Having Phil, Duke, and Coop blocking next to you can make you look real good when you pancake their 3rd best lineman. He doesn't have that this year and has looked very disappointing to me from what we were lead to expect from him.

I don't think we're rotating interior lineman as much as you think. Look at Taylor and GK late in games, they're gassed from being on the field for so many snaps.

I meant on offense. It seems like we are playing 15 guard every game and trying to find the right combination. Defensively, I agree that GK and Taylor are wiped out. That has a lot to do w/why we are getting beat late. You get no rest between possessions leads to the other team getting big plays.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/19/2009, 10:16 AM
I think he is talking about the guards

You're right, my bad.....still haven't had the 2nd cup of coffee yet.

With that said, isn't a line supposed to gell and have a certain chemistry when they work together? I was ok with this against potato st and tulsa but we can't rotate the line this way and expect great results. Could the kids who are being rotated in and out start to lose confidence in themselves since they are being yanked around so much? The last thing any player needs is a lack in confidence, especially from a smash mouth position.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 10:18 AM
You're right, my bad.....still haven't had the 2nd cup of coffee yet.

I fixing to get my first one. What happened Saturday anyway...it was all such a blur...:pop:

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/19/2009, 10:20 AM
Phil Loadholt, one of the most underrated Sooners of the Stoops Era.
Joe Fan says... all he does is false start, and get beat by "smaller, quicker, DEs".

EXACTLY! He must be doing something right to be starting in front of a 4th year guy in his rookie season in the NFL.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 10:23 AM
Phil is beginning to fit right in. He had some rough moments but heck...what rookie wouldn't?

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/19/2009, 10:24 AM
I fixing to get my first one. What happened Saturday anyway...it was all such a blur...:pop:

Something go on Saturday? All I remember is watching us play for a little while, drank too much, then somehow ended up at the concession stand at the Mavs/Cavs game ordering nachos and a beer. Everything in the middle.....don't remember and don't think I want to :D

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 10:27 AM
maybe we should do the super secret play...

the guards are in the backfield...

the center is to the left.....

the quarterback isnt even there.....

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/19/2009, 10:30 AM
maybe we should do the super secret play...

the guards are in the backfield...

the center is to the left.....

the quarterback isnt even there.....

4 words...............
Annexation of Puerto Rico

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 10:33 AM
Phil is doing well, but there is a big difference between playing LT and RT.....

And the Viking Oline coach is doing a heck of a job this year overall..basically going with undrafted free agents at center, and a rookie at RT....having Hutch doesn't hurt any though

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 10:43 AM
Phil is doing well, but there is a big difference between playing LT and RT.....

And the Viking Oline coach is doing a heck of a job this year overall..basically going with undrafted free agents at center, and a rookie at RT....having Hutch doesn't hurt any though
If they still had Birk, that offense would've been lethal!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2009, 10:47 AM
Thats why I was so glad to see Cooper going to Minnesota....there was no drafted center to take his spot away