PDA

View Full Version : One thing that was proved on Saturday

kustang619
10/19/2009, 07:25 AM
Colt McCoy is not a Heisman candidate...

21-39 for 127 yards on Saturday with 1 TD pass, he also threw a pick and had 2 fumbles.

On the season he has thrown for 1537 yeards, 11 TD's and 7 INT's with a passer rating of 137...

And oh yeah, he flops if you get close enough to touch him...

The_Red_Patriot
10/19/2009, 07:34 AM
Heisman Trophy=another qb award.

Seriously, whatever happened to this award being given to the best player in college football and not just qbs???

No worries though, Tebow will get it again.

Sooner in Tampa
10/19/2009, 07:42 AM
And oh yeah, he flops if you get close enough to touch him...like a little beyotch
fixed

kustang619
10/19/2009, 07:46 AM
fixed

+ 1...Thanks for fixing my oversight :D

GottaHavePride
10/19/2009, 09:39 AM
I don't see any offensive standouts this year.

If a defensive player would like to step up and grab a Heisman, this is the year to do it.

iwannabelikesam
10/19/2009, 09:46 AM
Not to sound aggy, but one silver-lining from the game was that game should cement mccoy as not being in the Heisman race.

budbarrybob
10/19/2009, 09:51 AM
Not to sound aggy, but one silver-lining from the game was that game should cement mccoy as not being in the Heisman race.

Incredible insight... deja vous all over again

CincySooner
10/19/2009, 09:54 AM
All I can say is that Missouri and Aggy owe the OU defense a thank-you card for tenderizing McCoy heading into their matchups.

The D was hitting him early and often... and (usually) legally.

Hotrod3157
10/19/2009, 10:38 AM

If a defensive player would like to step up and grab a Heisman, this is the year to do it.

Ingram from Alabama is a for sure candidate for the Heisman. If he plays like he has so far with Bama going undefeated and beating Florida in the SEC title game he should win it. The Lewis kid for Pitt is playing great but they won't even give him a second glance because he's just a freshman. If Tebow wins it again it will be an injustice unless he just plays phenomenal the rest of the season because up to this point he doesn't have the stats. Oh and Keenum from Houston should be in the talk even though they will give it to Tebow long before they even think about giving it to Keenum.

Sooner in Tampa
10/19/2009, 01:07 PM
The D was hitting him early and often... and (usually) legally.
Well...at least in the first half

TUSooner
10/19/2009, 03:25 PM

Maybe he can be an Italian soccer player after no NFL team drafts him. :rolleyes:

cheezyq
10/19/2009, 03:40 PM
I don't like Colt. I think the refs treat him with kid gloves and he's lost any semblance of toughness that he ever used to have, preferring now to flop and flail like a soccer player whenever he's touched.

But to say he isn't a Heisman-caliber QB only ignores his talent and minimizes what the defense accomplished on Saturday.

Gresho Murford
10/19/2009, 03:51 PM
he did flop alot. But so did Carter haha. I still thought some of the late hits out of bounds were crap. Especiallly considering they didn't call one on Texas when one of their guys led with his helmet and hit one of our guys out of bounds.

pac10SUX
10/19/2009, 03:57 PM
I agree for the most part that Floppopotamus is Heisman caliber. However, he was flustered all day due to OUr defense. This is prolly due to the fact that * hadn't played quality opponents leading up to the RRS. He prolly blew his chances at the award. However he still may have a chance depending on how much ESPiN promotes him, how much Mack whines, and how many airplane banners they fly over the GameDay sites. :D

stoopified
10/19/2009, 04:18 PM
On a side note I caight an interview with Mack on one of the ESPN channels where he praised OU and said that in spite of OUr losses we were better than most of the ranked teams. Personally although this sounds good I catually think he is being self-serving by praising OU.It makes his team look better if we are good.

Statalyzer
10/19/2009, 04:22 PM

Mike Knall agrees.

starclassic tama
10/19/2009, 04:22 PM

eric berry deserves it, but he won't win it. if i'm not mistaken, he already holds the NCAA record for interception return yardage, and he is only a junior.

Statalyzer
10/19/2009, 04:38 PM
Eric Berry does deserve it.

Desert Sapper
10/19/2009, 04:46 PM
Gerald McCoy deserves it for being a colossal giant of a badass at the DT. And for setting up the majority of those big hits on Pony boy. He is a joy to watch on the D-Line. Wish we had the O this year, because the D has got it.