PDA

View Full Version : Politicians are the only ones that should be conservative

FriscoTXsooner
10/19/2009, 06:57 AM
I've been watching OU games for many years, my observation is pretty simple, and in most cases probably happens with other D-1 high power schools, once you've got to the point that you are comfortable, you hit the switch and start the conservative game. Saturday, we were moving the ball with the passing game, albeit due to a non-existent running game, due to a young offensive line, but we were having success. Many times this year and last year, we would break momentum that we gained with the no huddle, by jumping back into a vanilla running attack. Our Defense on Saturday was fantastic in the first half, but we came out in the second half and refused to keep the pressure on Colt McCoy. Our adjustment was away from what we were doing successful. Am I the only one that thinks that you turn it up for 60 minutes, and don’t stop until the final second? If we score 60 or 70 points a game, fine. Both coordinators have had flashes of brilliance, but that is coupled with flashes of conservative play calling, adjustments, and just down right stupid decisions. Perhaps I was spoiled in 2000, and my expectations are too high, but I am Sooner Born, and that comes with the territory. I said at the beginning of the year that we would have 4 losses, and I still believe that. We are even though we don’t like it, rebuilding, from what should have been a national championship last year, but again we got bit by the conservative bug

Fraggle145
10/19/2009, 08:01 AM
What is sad is that we are a pass first team. We arent very physical. Our offense is now gimmicky, I mean our best formation is "The Pistol."

Somebody please punch me in the ding ding.

I mean WTF. If we can run the ball all the rest of this "turn it up" stuff takes care of itself.

If you want proof look at Alabama.

BosworthXXXL
10/19/2009, 08:24 AM
our O line can't get the blocks to get a consistent run game going

that's my opinion

lack of a TE is hurting a lot also

EnragedOUfan
10/19/2009, 08:40 AM
our O line can't get the blocks to get a consistent run game going

that's my opinion

lack of a TE is hurting a lot also

Are we lacking a TE or are we just not giving him the rock? I know there has been passes to him, but I cannot remember exactly when the last time our TE has had a pass thrown to him. Maybe the Baylor game. The run game might have had at least positive yardage if we had a fullback leading the way. As everyone knows/has stated, KW is an idiot. Bob, lure in the OC from Cincinatti. Fire Kevin Wilson!!!!

ouwapiti
10/19/2009, 08:42 AM
not taking anything away from bradford because if he was healthy we would be undefeated i think...but, i wish we had a mobile quarterback that would take the pressure off when the usual running plays arent going too good.....see texas with colt, see tebow, see osu, see pat white when he was at wvu, see brad smith at mizz...etc etc...adds a whole new dimension to the game and most defenses cant account for a good, running qb....