PDA

View Full Version : Restoring my faith in the Sooner Nation

westcoast_sooner
10/18/2009, 08:01 PM
I live in Northern Cali - close to San Jose. We had an Oktoberfest in my little community this weekend. Today (obviously not the day of the OU/Texas game) I went to the festival, wearing my OU hat.

At the end of the day, after spending a lot of time checking out the local talent and really enjoying the day, I was headed toward the short walk home, and was approached by a guy that said "You have a lot of courage wearing that hat today - thanks". So I approached the very large guy and asked why he said that.

He said he was OU class of '84. So I told him, I was not fortunate enough to be able to attend OU, but was a fan from long before.

The conversation was short, and he said that a lot of Longhorn fans were present yesterday during gameday, and were obnoxious. So security guy, or all other Sooner fans in the Sooner fans in the South Bay, We're HERE. Thanks for hooking up.

btk108
10/18/2009, 10:54 PM
west....attended my grandad's funeral in the Valley on Friday before last ..spent Sat in San Jose proudly wearing my crimson and cream....nobody said a word

westcoast_sooner
10/18/2009, 10:58 PM
BTK - sorry for your loss. The one thing I've learned about most people out here is they don't know college football. It's a rare case that you get a comment one way or another, but once in awhile, while wearing my OU hat, I'll get a kind word.

Take care, my friend.

GottaHavePride
10/19/2009, 12:40 AM
Man, I've just got this sort of involuntary flinch reaction when I see the letters BTK.

btk108
10/19/2009, 06:41 PM
yah...I get a lot of that....asked to change it several times...no response.....I'll just grin and bear it