10/18/2009, 06:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4575048

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 06:57 PM
Sam needs to retire from college

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 07:12 PM

I totally disagree. If he doesn't need surgery he needs to come back and play when healthy, I would be surprised if he doesn't. I agree with the Richard Craniums on espn talking about Sam last night. Sam can do every thing really good except fall. He is gonna have to learn how to twist away from landing on that throwing shoulder or he is going to have a short career. Obviously, sometimes there is not a lot he can do but he may as well prove he can do it while he is here.

nighttrain12
10/18/2009, 07:12 PM

And give up college coeds? No way!

nighttrain12
10/18/2009, 07:13 PM
Plus he needs to beat those Aggies one more time!

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 07:14 PM
And give up college coeds? No way!

I know right! Making millions of dollars in the NFL is no way to attract the wimmins.

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 07:16 PM
okay nvm

Sam come back so u can totally **** up your shoulder more, and win us a Holiday bowl

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 07:17 PM
If I need to learn how to fall I'd rather make lots of money as I'm learning it...

...but that's just me.

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 07:35 PM
If I need to learn how to fall I'd rather make lots of money as I'm learning it...

...but that's just me.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I'm not a big fan of Pro Ball so I don't pay much attention once they leave school. I'm more interested in what they do when they are here so I admit that I'm a little biased.

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 07:38 PM
Oh, I dislike the NFL quite a bit.

However...if I had Sam's skills I'd have taken my show to the league last year. It makes no sense to me to do for free what you can get paid millions to do. As I've said before: college was pretty awesome, but it ain't that damn awesome.

TMcGee86
10/18/2009, 08:24 PM
some guy on the sports animal right after the BYU game said that Sam would be fine but that the first time he gets hit again he's going to hurt like there's no tomorrow and that every time he hits it again this year he's going to be in serious pain. He said Sam will just have to learn to play through the pain, because it will hurt all year.

So far that dude has been dead on.

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 08:47 PM
Oh, I dislike the NFL quite a bit.

However...if I had Sam's skills I'd have taken my show to the league last year. It makes no sense to me to do for free what you can get paid millions to do. As I've said before: college was pretty awesome, but it ain't that damn awesome.

He should have gone and took the dough. You gotta take it while its there. I wish it would have worked out for him and Jermaine. I think we would be undefeated if neither of them would have got hurt.

Monster Zero
10/18/2009, 08:51 PM
That's good news. Dave Sittler was right, though.

Lots of love for Sam around here, but he needs to rehab and go get drafted in April and be a bazillionaire happily ever after.

MamaMia
10/18/2009, 08:57 PM
I know right! Making millions of dollars in the NFL is no way to attract the wimmins. I could be wrong but I'm not a pro football guru by any stretch of the imagination in that I don't know a lot about the business aspects but hypothetically speaking...Dont you think the owners of NFL teams would feel much more comfy seeing Sam make it through a whole football season before paying millions of dollars for him?

What I do know is that I am happy as a lark that his parents got him that insurance policy.

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 09:01 PM
I could be wrong but I'm not a pro football guru by any stretch of the imagination in that I don't know a lot about the business aspects but hypothetically speaking...Dont you think the owners of NFL teams would feel much more comfy seeing Sam make it through a whole football season before paying millions of dollars for him?

What I do know is that I am happy as a lark that his parents got him that insurance policy.

He made it through two seasons OK. What happens if he comes back and gets hurt again? Then his stock may fall off the proverbial cliff.

I will agree that if he goes out this year he'll take somewhat of a hit, just not like the one he'd take if he comes back and gets hurt again. Of course I'm one of those that thinks he and JG were both dumb for coming back. In this case I hate to be proven right.

nighttrain12
10/18/2009, 09:19 PM
The thing about Sam is, football is not the only thing he can make good money at as a pro. It's very likely what he can make the MOST money at. But I think he could be a US Senator, public relations consultant, car dealership owner, etc. He does need more college football playing experience if he is going to be ready someday to play in the NFL. He's not ready yet, healthy or not.

MamaMia
10/18/2009, 09:25 PM
He made it through two seasons OK. What happens if he comes back and gets hurt again? Then his stock may fall off the proverbial cliff.

I will agree that if he goes out this year he'll take somewhat of a hit, just not like the one he'd take if he comes back and gets hurt again. Of course I'm one of those that thinks he and JG were both dumb for coming back. In this case I hate to be proven right. He's only been our QB for one year. Year before last we had Paul Thompson, but even if he had played two or even 3 years, once you're injured thats when things can go south for a player, financially speaking. I realize thats hes a Heisman trophy winner and all that but that was all pre-injury. maybe these team owners have physicians who specialize in advising them and his injury may be completely healed and they will feel secure in taking millions of dollars worth of chance on him. I hope so, anyway. :)

If I was his mother, under the circumstances, I would want him to finish his education. :D

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 09:59 PM
Good grief...you peeps and that college education crap. I have a college education and I guaran-damn-tee ya I'm not making what Sam can make in the NFL. :rolleyes:

:D

rainiersooner
10/18/2009, 10:09 PM

...but that's just me.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Out of all the skills required to be an NFL QB, I'm sure this is the most teach-able. Thanks for the memories Sammy!

Rhino
10/18/2009, 10:14 PM
He's only been our QB for one year. Year before last we had Paul Thompson, but even if he had played two or even 3 years, once you're injured thats when things can go south for a player, financially speaking. I realize thats hes a Heisman trophy winner and all that but that was all pre-injury. maybe these team owners have physicians who specialize in advising them and his injury may be completely healed and they will feel secure in taking millions of dollars worth of chance on him. I hope so, anyway. :)

If I was his mother, under the circumstances, I would want him to finish his education. :D 2006: Thompson
2007: Bradford
2008: Bradford
2009: Bradford

He's been our QB for more than two seasons, not one.

And, since this is fourth year on campus, he's graduating either this December or May.

MamaMia
10/18/2009, 10:24 PM
Sam did say he wanted to be a Corporate attorney.

Oh and there is one thing I just remembered. After this next draft, the NFL is going to have a new cap on what they can pay for rookies so that might be a big factor when it comes time for many college players who are thinking about leaving early.

Oh duh...and I remember now. I don't know why I kept thinking Paul was the QB season before last. Sorry Curly. ~big hug~ :)

...but I will only count 2 full seasons. :P

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 10:33 PM
Sam did say he wanted to be a Corporate attorney.

Oh and there is one thing I just remembered. After this next draft, the NFL is going to have a new cap on what they can pay for rookies so that might be a big factor when it comes time for many college players who are thinking about leaving early.

Oh duh...and I remember now. I don't know why I kept thinking Paul was the QB season before last. Sorry Curly. ~big hug~ :)

...but I will only count 2 full seasons. :P

That's OK, I know women know nothing about football. :P

{ducks}

:D

MamaMia
10/18/2009, 10:37 PM
That's OK, I know women know nothing about football. :P

{ducks}

:D ~gasp~ You better duck Curly. ;) Granted, I'm no Curly Bill but I think I can hold my own pretty well. :D

nighttrain12
10/19/2009, 03:05 PM
There is still nothing on NewsOK.com about Bradford's x-rays and MRI. You'd think they would at least quote the ESPN.com story.