PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Sooner Football Schedule

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 05:44 PM
Not done or giving up on this season, trust me... But I've seen people talking about the scheduling for next season.. here it is for those interested

2010 Non-Conference: (may not be in order)

Air Force,

Florida State,

at Cincinnati,

Utah State

Conference

10/02 - Texas (Dallas)

10/16 - Iowa State

10/23 - at Missouri

10/30 - Colorado

11/06 - at Texas A&M

11/13 - Texas Tech

11/20 - at Baylor

11/26 or 27 - at OSU

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 05:50 PM
Don't like that one, how about 2011?

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 05:50 PM
Not done or giving up on this season, trust me... But I've seen people talking about the scheduling for next season.. here it is for those interested

You are obviously done and have already "given up"...

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 05:52 PM
lol nope

but we will have an experienced Landry Jones going against a rookie Gilbert for texas

first conference game

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 05:55 PM
lol nope

but we will have an experienced Landry Jones going against a rookie Gilbert for texas

first conference game

How does the O line and WR's and TE situation look for 2010?

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 05:56 PM
T. Williams and Simmons will be gone

Jermaine gone

Tennell gone

not horrible

actually Tennell could get a medical ?? anybody know about that?

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 06:02 PM
T. Williams and Simmons will be gone

Jermaine gone

Tennell gone

not horrible

actually Tennell could get a medical ?? anybody know about that?

Eldridge and Clapp Gone. Who is not horrible?

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 06:02 PM
meaning the oline wont be horrible

nor will the WR units

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 06:13 PM
meaning the oline wont be horrible

nor will the WR units

I hope KW can coach up Good, Habern, Evans, Jones and Brandon so they will be ready for next year. Based on what I've seen I don't have all the belief you have just yet. TE is a huge question mark, FB is unknown, Caleb and Broyles should be solid but I'm not sure elsewhere. We lose a ton of D players especially if McCoy, Lewis and Beal come out. I thought it was very well known that next year was going to be a rebuilding year for OU.

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 06:25 PM
texas will lose a bunch, so will the pokes

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 06:31 PM
I hear ya. Regardless of what other do, I just don't see how we can be as good as we are right now next year. That is what scares me.

Boomer38Sooner
10/18/2009, 06:35 PM
The conference schedule doesn't look too bad.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 06:37 PM
I hope KW can coach up Good, Habern, Evans, Jones and Brandon so they will be ready for next year. Based on what I've seen I don't have all the belief you have just yet. TE is a huge question mark, FB is unknown, Caleb and Broyles should be solid but I'm not sure elsewhere. We lose a ton of D players especially if McCoy, Lewis and Beal come out.
Patton. KW has taken a much lesser role with the OL the last couple years.

I thought it was very well known that next year was going to be a rebuilding year for OU
2009 was supposed to be the big down year, because all of the freshman we played in 2005. Reggie, C-Lo, Malcolm included. Too bad they didn't stick around for the peak, in 2008.

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 06:37 PM
end the regular seaon with 2 road games..uh..

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 06:44 PM
Patton. KW has taken a much lesser role with the OL the last couple years.

2009 was supposed to be the big down year, because all of the freshman we played in 2005. Reggie, C-Lo, Malcolm included. Too bad they didn't stick around for the peak, in 2008.

Heck maybe that is the problem. I'm beginning to think the same thing with the WR's now that Sumlin is gone.

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 06:47 PM
i love Sumlin

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 07:16 PM
i love Sumlin

texass and OU better hope aTm doesn't hire him. Nobody could out recruit him within texass. He is proving he knows what to do with the talent as well.

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 07:26 PM
Looks like a doable Road Game schedule.

GKeeper316
10/18/2009, 07:58 PM
The conference schedule doesn't look too bad.

our 2010 conference schedule looks almost as hard as the cows 2009 non conference schedule.

get past fl. st. and cincy we should be undefeated and playin in the mnc!!!

(ok maybe not, but we gotta keep hope alive, right?)

icmwhOU72
10/18/2009, 09:18 PM
I was reading through this thread and people are asking about situation next year at wr and o line. We already have five o linemen in this recruiting class and at least two will come in for the spring semester. We have two very dynamic running backs coming in and i like calhoon and miller, but these two guys in roy finch and brennen clay will bring something that we have never had in my opinion and i justhope our oc can figure out how to by dynamic with our players. Here is what i hope for, i hope that bob stoops goes into next fall camp and opens up every position and no one is safe and we get the best players on the field from day one.

josh09
10/18/2009, 09:22 PM
Cincy, FSU, Tejas, and OSU are some big games.

But thats pretty much it. Looking good for next year.

oksoonerdave
10/18/2009, 09:36 PM
Well I think this season is still yet to be played....If the D continues to play with the enthusiasm ala saturday, and the offense shows some improvement, then we could possibly win OUr remaining games. Now, if the whorns misstep on one of their remaining games (such as Okie lite and they win all of their remaining games except OU), then what would that cause. Dare we go there again...

Flying Scotsman
10/18/2009, 09:36 PM
Do the Whorns play the "Directional Schools of Texas & Louisiana” next year?

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 09:39 PM
Well I think this season is still yet to be played....If the D continues to play with the enthusiasm ala saturday, and the offense shows some improvement, then we could possibly win OUr remaining games. Now, if the whorns misstep on one of their remaining games (such as Okie lite and they win all of their remaining games except OU), then what would that cause. Dare we go there again...

texass would win the tiebraker because they would be ranked higher than either of us. Especially since we play okie state at the end of the year. I would love for us to win out and them lose 2. That is wishful thinking though.

budbarrybob
10/19/2009, 01:35 AM
I hear ya. Regardless of what other do, I just don't see how we can be as good as we are right now next year. That is what scares me.

we are 3 -3 it couldn't get Much worse. :(

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 01:38 AM
texass would win the tiebraker because they would be ranked higher than either of us. Especially since we play okie state at the end of the year. I would love for us to win out and them lose 2. That is wishful thinking though.
Or 2006.

BS-JE
10/19/2009, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know if it looks like T. Lewis might be leaving after this year?

BS-JE
10/19/2009, 01:45 AM
or is he a true soph?

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 09:22 AM
he is a RS Sophomore

BS-JE
10/19/2009, 09:39 AM
So what are the odds on him staying?

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 09:48 AM
Don't know the odds.

What I can tell you... He's smaller than the NFL prototype. Struggles some at the point of attack. Better body than Rufus, but similar skill set. Better in space, than hand-to-hand combat.

bcgvh
10/19/2009, 10:37 AM

2010 Non-Conference: (may not be in order)

Air Force, At home

Florida State, At home vs. Bobby Bowden, nuff said

at Cincinnati, Cinci will be rebuilding

Utah State Doesn't matter

Conference

10/02 - Texas (Dallas) Texas will be rebuilding

10/16 - Iowa State Doesn't matter

10/23 - at Missouri We handle Mizzou well

10/30 - Colorado They suck and it's at home

11/06 - at Texas A&M Toughest game of the season? But they have plenty of problems still

11/13 - Texas Tech Being at home, we'll win

11/20 - at Baylor They're still Baylor

11/26 or 27 - at OSU OSU will be rebuilding

It sets up favorably for us. See my comments above. The schedule looks good, but it actually won't be THAT bad.

SoonerMavrick25
10/19/2009, 12:14 PM
Okay since this is a thread about next year I thought I might throw this out there... Is there an outside chance that Sam stays????

Hear me out. What if he hears that he has no longer a 1st round pick? Which I know this is a stretch. I wouldn't say he is injury prone, I think anyone who would have taken those two exact hits would have the same injury if not worse. But here is my thinking, He will cost him self a lot of money if he goes out this year, but what if he comes back next year stays healthy and regains his status as a number one QB and make all that money he lost back. I guess what I trying to say is if or since he has fallen in NFL eyes, what does he have to lose in coming back and trying to regain it back???

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 12:17 PM
I'd say there is a 5% chance he stays

i think the NFL has seen what he can do with a good OLINE

icmwhOU72
10/19/2009, 12:25 PM
You are right that the NFL can see what he can do with a good OLINE, but how many teams in the top ten of the draft have good lines? He would have probably already been hurt if he had gone to detroit this year. Stafford is out and he is a bigger guy than sam. I think that even if he grades as a later first round pick he should go and maybe get picked up by minnesota. the only exception i see that is a likely top ten team is seattle. They have a very good team with an aging qb and no solid backup.

SoonerMavrick25
10/19/2009, 12:25 PM
I'd say there is a 5% chance he stays

i think the NFL has seen what he can do with a good OLINE

I agree... But I thought the Knock on him was "Could he take the punishment of the NFL" and I don't think he has done anything to make them think otherwise.

It's prolly just wishful thinking...

soonerfan28
10/19/2009, 12:32 PM
Funny b/c I was just thinking about this this morning. I think 3 of the first 4 are winnable Cincy will be tough. After that it's a "what players go and stay' that could determine who wins what games.

VA Sooner
10/19/2009, 12:38 PM
Schedule doesn't look too bad, besides Cincy, which is quickly becoming a powerhouse, especially on defense.

KRYPTON
10/19/2009, 01:23 PM
Firstly, A&M won't hire Sumlin if they nut up and fire Sherman, because Sumlin's, uh, too tan. I know it shouldn't matter. Of course, desperate times lead to desperate measures, so the old money at A&M might actually relent and attempt to hire a young dynamic coach.

OU returns:
QB: Landry Jones
RB: Murray, Calhoun, and Miller. I'm assuming Murray returns, I don't think he'd get the kind of draft play that he deserves and could get if he stays.
TE: Nuttin of substance
WR: Everyone of substance. Tennell's the only grad this year.
OL: Brandon, Jeffries, Jones, Good, Habern, and Evans. Experience means skill at OL, hopefully we'll be light years ahead of where we are now, especially considering Jeffries, Jones, Habern and Evans are all first year guys.

DT: I can't imagine McCoy will be back, but he'd be our only loss. Taylor and probably McFarland start, McGee and Walker are the only other ones on the roster currently.
DE: I assume Beal leaves, though that's not necessarily likely. Alexander, King, and Washington form the main rotation. Chaisson (!) has a good aggressive streak (!!!) doesn't he? Maybe he's the fourth.
LB: If Reynolds gets his medshirt, KClayton's the only guy leaving. Ibiloye saw the field a lot against UT. There are sufficient bodies here. I don't see Lewis leaving, he's not an NFL LB type, he'll need another good campaign to prove his worth as a small LB / big SS pick.
DB: BJackson is the only guy leaving, with nine bodies of varying levels of real experience available for four spots.

spazmo
10/19/2009, 01:29 PM
whats he have to lose coming back? uh, getting a career ending injury before he gets a single paycheck as a qb.....that'd be kinda costly.

JLEW1818
10/19/2009, 01:36 PM
i think Tennell could get a medical

BS-JE
10/19/2009, 01:57 PM
He needs to. Cut those hands off and get new ones!

Fraggle145
10/19/2009, 02:10 PM
i think Tennell could get a medical

for what?

SoonerMavrick25
10/19/2009, 02:46 PM
whats he have to lose coming back? uh, getting a career ending injury before he gets a single paycheck as a qb.....that'd be kinda costly.

Nice (un)educated post. He has insurance taken out on himself to protect against just that. .... As do just about any of the guys who come back to college and are for sure going to play on Sundays.

SoonerMavrick25
10/19/2009, 02:49 PM
for what?

PRetty sure as a Freshman he was on the field for hands team only and tore his ACL on a onside kick in Lubbock against Texas Tech i think. Or was that Murray? I think they both got hurt that game.

BS-JE
10/19/2009, 02:55 PM
I know murray got hurt during the onside against tech

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 03:01 PM
PRetty sure as a Freshman he was on the field for hands team only and tore his ACL on a onside kick in Lubbock against Texas Tech i think. Or was that Murray? I think they both got hurt that game.
He was a freshman in 06, was a back up WR. Didn't catch many balls but was in there for some meaningful downs. Was a great run blocker.

He tore his knee in Lubbock, 07. Occured so late in the season that I doubt the NCAA would consider him a hardship possibility. In hindsight, they probably should have shirted him in 08, if he was interested.