PDA

View Full Version : Loud cheers from the Texas sections when Sam went down...

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 05:36 PM
...honestly I could hardly believe it was happening...how do you get so warped that you cheer any injury to the opposing team, let alone Sam...It was wide spread applause and cheering, not isolated...amazing !!!

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 05:37 PM
Same thing would have happened if the sides were reversed. There is a high percentage of idiots everywhere. Especially at football games.

I Am Right
10/18/2009, 05:38 PM
Texas= rude, crude and ugly.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 05:39 PM
Same thing would have happened if the sides were reversed. There is a high percentage of idiots everywhere. Especially at football games.

What shocked me was how wide spread it was...it was not just a few students or just a few people...Were you there ? I was...

delhalew
Think Led Zeppelins Good times bad times..."I don't know, but I've been told, MF'n longhorn got no soul."

JLEW1818
texas gots something coming to them, SOONER or later

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 05:46 PM

We didn't want Colt hurt. He kept trying to throw us pick 6's we just couldn't catch them. I thought he might get us one we could hold on to at some point. He was OUr only chance.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 05:48 PM

Nothing like that has ever happened at an OU game in Norman, at least that I can remember...

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2009, 06:29 PM
It was way more than a few people. Very audible.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 06:33 PM
It was way more than a few people. Very audible.

Yep, lots of idiots.

Uncle Ernie
10/18/2009, 06:40 PM
...honestly I could hardly believe it was happening...how do you get so warped that you cheer any injury to the opposing team, let alone Sam...It was wide spread applause and cheering, not isolated...amazing !!!

I was there and definitely noticed. The whorn in front of me DID NOT like the reaction. It's about man's inhumanity to man not whorns even they they show little class and much suckitude. Hell I remember Oakland Raider fans cheering when their QB at the time Dan Pastorini went down in Alameda County Stadium circa 1980. Humans can really suck out loud given an opportunity.

landrun
10/18/2009, 06:44 PM
I thought they were cheering because of the sack.

canes4ever
10/18/2009, 06:44 PM

It's ok to cheer a tackle,it ain't cool to cheer if they don't get up.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 06:49 PM

Of course there was a cheer for the sack, then a distinct second cheer/roar when Sam stayed down...

Jdog
10/18/2009, 07:02 PM
I was there - it started as a cheer for the sack -a 13 yard lose - the first thing that Texas had to cheer for because we had the momentum until then. Then the excitement went strange when they realized that he was out of the game. It was the excitement that now maybe they had a chance. Very strange.

KABOOKIE
10/18/2009, 07:46 PM

Bull****. After the players cleared the main cheering from the sack was over. When he was rolling on the ground many redneck loser whorn fans starting cheering like mad.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 07:47 PM
Bull****. After the players cleared the main cheering from the sack was over. When he was rolling on the ground many redneck loser whorn fans starting cheering like mad.

Exactly...

GKeeper316
10/18/2009, 07:49 PM
what do you expect from people who worship a cow?

gowrong15
10/18/2009, 08:25 PM
texas fans = class-less

Soonerman08
10/18/2009, 08:45 PM
I feel sorry for Sam. I could tell he was not only in pain, but was sad to not be out on the field fighting along with his teammates. I am sad that his career at OU is more than likely over since he will prob. go pro.

Jock Ewing
10/18/2009, 08:53 PM
You should be booing your win at all costs coach for the millions he cost Bradford.

The b.s. claimed that there was no heightened risk of injury...and then he busts his shoulder on a very routine play. We all called it.

Sooner04
10/18/2009, 08:54 PM
Think Led Zeppelins Good times bad times..."I don't know, but I've been told, MF'n longhorn got no soul."
Uh, that's Black Dog.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 08:55 PM
You should be booing your win at all costs coach for the millions he cost Bradford.

The b.s. claimed that there was no heightened risk of injury...and then he busts his shoulder on a very routine play. We all called it.

One of the dumbest things I have ever read...

Jock Ewing
10/18/2009, 08:58 PM
One of the dumbest things I have ever read...

Really? Because the rest of the country saw this coming from a mile away.

KABOOKIE
10/18/2009, 09:11 PM

Yeah, and I'm sure I saw your mullet *** cheering when Sam was hurt. God you're stupid.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 09:12 PM

Go back to your Horn or OSU board, Troll...

josh09
10/18/2009, 09:16 PM

Im pretty sure it was Sam's choice to play, if he didnt want to Bob wouldnt have made him. Go away.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/18/2009, 09:19 PM

If this were a true statement, Sam would have started against Miami a week earlier than he made his return. I believe I'll take the advice and word from the training staff who worked with Sam and especially what Dr. James Andrews said when they cleared him to play.

Take your sloppy win and go just hope you can make it out of the Big 12 with a chance at a MNC because all the whorn fans who think that team who showed up in the Cotton Bowl is a legit MNC contender are sorely mistaken.

85sooners
10/18/2009, 09:20 PM
Bull****. After the players cleared the main cheering from the sack was over. When he was rolling on the ground many redneck loser whorn fans starting cheering like mad.yep i was there and thats what happened

AlbqSooner
10/18/2009, 09:34 PM

Let me set a scenario for you oh omniscient whorn.
Every Orthopaedic surgeon who examined him, including one whose opinion on sports injuries is considered by many in the field to be the most respected, says that Sam is sufficiently healed that he can play. Sam, after consultation with his parents on the possible physical and financial ramifications, says that he is ready to play. His parents, who surely have their son's best interest at heart say he is ready to play.

Given that scenario, you, as head coach of the Sooners would override all of those decisions and say Sam is done. He will not play in this game. He should not play in future games.

Now tell me oh wise one, what do you say to Sam and his parents when his NFL stock drops because he is perceived to be either more seriously injured than is being told or a malingering softie who might not be able to withstand the rigors of the NFL?

Having given us the benefit of your wisdom on that point, tell us how you explain to the other players, the assistant coaches, managers, trainers and so forth, that their chances of playing for a conference championship and a major bowl have been greatly reduced by your, contrary to all available evidence, decision.

Once you have enlightened the crimson glasses wearing idiots on those points, tell us how you explain to the Athletic Director and University President that your decision, made in spite of all the combined wisdom of those who are best equipped to make these decisions, will potentially reduce the revenue which supports not only the entire athletic department but academic programs of the university in these uncertain financial times.

Once you cease cheering the fact that Sam was injured and it benefitted your burnt orange psychopathic fan base, I am sure many of us would love to hear your responses.

The arrogance of your post is disgusting, but not unexpected from far too great a percentage of your neutered bovine loving compatriots.

Finally, once you have answered the questions posed, please get the
freak off this board for good.

ProdigyDub
10/18/2009, 09:44 PM
Went back and watched it on DVR today, and you'd have to have some crimson glasses and a large dose of hypersensitivity to think that any Texas fans were cheering his injury. They cheered the sack, a 15 or so yard loss. They cheered for awhile--again, it was a 15 or so yard loss. When it became apparent that he was quite hurt, there was no more cheering. Then there was applause from both sides of the stadium when he walked off (which, by the way, is a sign of respect).

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2009, 09:49 PM
DVR is no replacent for hearing it live. It happened.

josh09
10/18/2009, 09:54 PM
Went back and watched it on DVR today, and you'd have to have some crimson glasses and a large dose of hypersensitivity to think that any Texas fans were cheering his injury. They cheered the sack, a 15 or so yard loss. They cheered for awhile--again, it was a 15 or so yard loss. When it became apparent that he was quite hurt, there was no more cheering. Then there was applause from both sides of the stadium when he walked off (which, by the way, is a sign of respect).

I dont wear any type of glasses or contacts buddy, and I saw Sam get injured while sacked, saw the orange cheer, probably not realizing he was injured yet and just cheering the sack, saw him try to get up, the cheer died down, then saw him get back down on all fours, and I DISTINCTLY remember the cheer get loud again and I saw a large commotion go threw the crowd, a commotion more commonly known as hands coming together at a quick pace, which in case you, being a retarded whorn, didnt know is APPLAUSE. And I remember thinking to myself as he got on all fours and before the cheering started, "Gee, if texas fans actually cheer for this, that would be pretty pathetic!" And whaddya know, texas lives up to its pathetic reputation.

OUAlumni1990
10/18/2009, 10:01 PM

yeah, thats bs. It was obvious the the whorns were cheering for way to long when it was obvious that he was hurt. They knew at that point they had a chance.

prrriiide
10/18/2009, 10:07 PM

Arrogance and stupidity. Oh yeah. You're a whorn fan. I expect nothing less.

Funky G
10/18/2009, 10:07 PM
I was there. They cheered the sack. The cheering continued as he writhed in pain. Then, the realization set in, and the cheering subsided. It seemed that they cheered the sack, the fact that he was hurt, then the oops set in..

Funky G
10/18/2009, 10:08 PM
And, who gives a **** about what a longhorn fan cheers about anyway.

TexasLidig8r
10/18/2009, 10:09 PM
DVR is no replacent for hearing it live. It happened.

I was there too Sport...

In section 8, row 23... and NO ONE near me was cheering when they knew Bradford was down.

If you're talking about college aged studens in the student sections, I can't speak about them because they were on the other side of the stadium.

But it is reckless, naive and stupid to attribute such conduct to all Texas fans. Most Texas alums.. no.. ALL Texas alums I know have nothing but the utmost respect for Bradford.. not only is he a credit to your school. but college football in general.

So.. if you want to claim that some idiot Texas fans cheered when he went down... fine.. I won't argue that all fan bases have their idiots (look no further to some on this website as an example).

BUT, dont for a minute attribute that sorry attitude to all Texas fans.. especially the vast majority that enjoy college football and respect the game and worth opponents.

Christ on a stick... if you want to stir things up for the sake of stirring up a fan base.. fine.. do it with a modicum of intelligence and accuracy though.

:rolleyes:

AlbqSooner
10/18/2009, 10:19 PM
I won't argue that all fan bases have their idiots (look no further to some on this website as an example).

Hey Jock Ewing - you gonna take this carp from a fellow whorn?:D

AlbqSooner
10/18/2009, 10:21 PM
Christ on a stick... if you want to stir things up for the sake of stirring up a fan base.. fine.. do it with a modicum of intelligence and accuracy though.

Methinks he doth protest too much.

KABOOKIE
10/18/2009, 10:25 PM
I was there too Sport...

In section 8, row 23... and NO ONE near me was cheering when they knew Bradford was down.

If you're talking about college aged studens in the student sections, I can't speak about them because they were on the other side of the stadium.

But it is reckless, naive and stupid to attribute such conduct to all Texas fans. Most Texas alums.. no.. ALL Texas alums I know have nothing but the utmost respect for Bradford.. not only is he a credit to your school. but college football in general.

So.. if you want to claim that some idiot Texas fans cheered when he went down... fine.. I won't argue that all fan bases have their idiots (look no further to some on this website as an example).

BUT, dont for a minute attribute that sorry attitude to all Texas fans.. especially the vast majority that enjoy college football and respect the game and worth opponents.

Sorry lid. There were plenty of your fans cheering that he was hurt. I'm sure it's not an indication of the whole fan base..... just a large percentage.

Thousands Strong
10/18/2009, 10:31 PM
It was a loud cheer for the sack, but when they realized Bradford was hurt, the Longhorn students went undeniably berserk.

Thousands Strong
10/18/2009, 10:32 PM
All that orange-audio-vitriol was piped directly on the kid who gutted their season last year.

Sooner04
10/18/2009, 10:33 PM
I was there and when Bradford was rolling around they were going ape.

My question is this: so what? If I'm ever at a game where Tebow gets blown to bits I'll be tap dancing in the aisles and kissing random women like it's V-J Day. Sam wasn't near death, he's just got a bum shoulder. He'll live!

Thousands Strong
10/18/2009, 10:37 PM
nm

bonkuba
10/18/2009, 10:57 PM
Christ on a stick huh?? How about **** every longhorn fan in the *** with a stick.......

I was in the end zone where the players enter....as I looked up as Sam was trying to get up it looked like well over 80% of the puke orange were on their feet waving and cheering wildly.......enuff so that my son asked me about it (he is six and knows nothing of the suck that is texas).

Worst fanbase ever..... Enjoy your win over a team with most of it's offense injured.......

AlbqSooner
10/19/2009, 06:02 AM
Damn! It's 5 AM Mtn time and still no answers from Jock. I guess he thought I meant leave the board for good and THEN answer the questions. If anyone heard his answers would you post them for me?:D

Jock Ewing
10/19/2009, 06:40 AM
Christ on a stick huh?? How about **** every longhorn fan in the *** with a stick.......

I was in the end zone where the players enter....as I looked up as Sam was trying to get up it looked like well over 80% of the puke orange were on their feet waving and cheering wildly.......enuff so that my son asked me about it (he is six and knows nothing of the suck that is texas).

Worst fanbase ever..... Enjoy your win over a team with most of it's offense injured.......

Sooner's know ok-cuses

bonkuba
10/19/2009, 06:46 AM
Sooner's know ok-cuses

Think that one up all by your self?? Heh.....

zman515
10/19/2009, 07:36 AM
It happened at Humperdinks as well. I thought it was very surprising especially since there is no reason to have hatred for Bradford and since they were in mixed company.

It reminded me of Philadelphia fans (the worst fans anywhere) cheering Michael Irvin's neck injury.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/19/2009, 07:39 AM
We were watching the game at The Dock on the Fairgrounds and I am telling you, the loudest cheer of the day came when he was injured. Sure, they celebrated the initial play, but when they panned back to him on the ground, the roar got louder and people where flipping the TV off and waving goodbye to him. They probably celebrated that more than the victory, kid you not. The best part is one of the girls doing the most celebrating was wearing a UT shirt talking about sportsmanship that said "Respectful, Friendly, and Passionate". I hope they all go to hell.

w0lfe
10/19/2009, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrun

Of course there was a cheer for the sack, then a distinct second cheer/roar when Sam stayed down...

It was exactly like this. They cheered on the sack, and then the crowd started quieting down for a second and then when they noticed Sam was down, it went into an absolute roar. Probably it was actually louder than the cheering from the sack

SoonerBacker
10/19/2009, 07:54 AM

I don't need the f***ing DVR! I was at the game. There was a loud cheer (expected) after the sack. It died out almost completely. Then, with Sam still on the ground holding his shoulder, the cheers resumed and went on for quite awhile. I heard it myself and SAW the uterus fans who were sitting directly in front of me comment that they could not believe their fans were being so classless.

climb back into that cesspool you call austin and stfu.

tulsaoilerfan
10/19/2009, 07:55 AM

That's actually "Black Dog" :D

tru2ou
10/19/2009, 08:13 AM
I was at the game in section 32 and it happened just as people described. I came back home and watched the play on my dvr and you can hear it there too. You can hear the crowd noise die down a little after the sack then a huge roar goes up. I guarantee you that it didnt come from the OU end so why were they cheering? Also, when Murray tells him to go back down, you can hear another roar.

It was disgusting and I've already had two longhorn fans email me and say they were sorry for the way people reacted and that it wasnt the attitude of all longhoern fans.

Lid, I agree, EVERYONE didnt do it and it isnt a reflection of all the fans but to deny it happened is just idiotic. The student section went nuts and I would estimate 50-75% of the rest of the north end was cheering too.

Even if one person cheered a 21 year old kid, who is a great person too, getting hurt, that's too many and you should be disgusted by it. But trust me, it was more than 1, more than 100, more than 1,000 and more than 10,000. I was there watching it live.

Its a game, not life changing. If it is life changing, GET A LIFE!

- Tru

85sooners
10/19/2009, 08:29 AM
Went back and watched it on DVR today, and you'd have to have some crimson glasses and a large dose of hypersensitivity to think that any Texas fans were cheering his injury. They cheered the sack, a 15 or so yard loss. They cheered for awhile--again, it was a 15 or so yard loss. When it became apparent that he was quite hurt, there was no more cheering. Then there was applause from both sides of the stadium when he walked off (which, by the way, is a sign of respect).bull **** you moron anyone at the game heard them cheer louder when sam tried to get up and fell back down **** you horn!!!!!!!!!!

85sooners
10/19/2009, 08:36 AM
Sorry lid. There were plenty of your fans cheering that he was hurt. I'm sure it's not an indication of the whole fan base..... just a large percentage.this is true stop saying it didnt happen

TexasEx4OU
10/19/2009, 08:53 AM
I was at the game in section 32 and it happened just as people described. I came back home and watched the play on my dvr and you can hear it there too. You can hear the crowd noise die down a little after the sack then a huge roar goes up. I guarantee you that it didnt come from the OU end so why were they cheering? Also, when Murray tells him to go back down, you can hear another roar.

It was disgusting and I've already had two longhorn fans email me and say they were sorry for the way people reacted and that it wasnt the attitude of all longhoern fans.

Lid, I agree, EVERYONE didnt do it and it isnt a reflection of all the fans but to deny it happened is just idiotic. The student section went nuts and I would estimate 50-75% of the rest of the north end was cheering too.

Even if one person cheered a 21 year old kid, who is a great person too, getting hurt, that's too many and you should be disgusted by it. But trust me, it was more than 1, more than 100, more than 1,000 and more than 10,000. I was there watching it live.

Its a game, not life changing. If it is life changing, GET A LIFE!

- Tru

This. And, yes...I was there, too. Section 104. I turned to my wife and said, "Wow...I can't believe they're actually cheering that he's down".

Jock Ewing
10/19/2009, 08:54 AM
You guys worship Barry Switzer and then lecture other fans on class?

nmsoonergirl
10/19/2009, 09:00 AM
From where I sat, it certainly didn't seem like they were cheering for the injury. They cheered for a hard sack (as we cheered every time Colt got sacked, even if he didn't jump right up), they clapped when he first stood up, and then again when he left the field. They didn't have a great view of the whole thing, and it happened on our end.

I hate Texas as much as anyone, and maybe I'm just too optimistic about human nature, but I just don't believe that they were cheering about the injury. Sure, about 8% if the fans are probably jerks and were happy about it. I'm pretty sure 8% of our fans are jerks, too.

In any event, EVERY Texan I talked to (and I had to talk to a lot of them unfortunately) was very sad about Sam.

And Jock, I'm willing to bet you are in that 8 percent. Go worry about your own team.

soonerx
10/19/2009, 09:23 AM
bull **** you moron anyone at the game heard them cheer louder when sam tried to get up and fell back down **** you horn!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, he's full of it. I was watching it on TV and it was just as obvious there that they were cheering the injury. It died down after the initial sack, then got even louder after he stayed on the ground, just like others are saying. The first time I wasn't paying much attention because I was more concerned about Bradford, but when they showed the replay I checked just to make sure, and yep, it's clear as day. Sure, every team has its share of idiots, but UT has an extra Texas-sized helping of them.

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 09:32 AM
I suppose those who claim to not have heard the cheering for Sam's injury also missed Texas class as they drowned out the OU Chant with the inane "Texas-Fight" yell...

w0lfe
10/19/2009, 09:47 AM
Hell i even had a group of horn fans about 5 rows down from me jumping up and down high fiving each other when they say him holding his shoulder, AFTER THEY STOPPED CHEERING FROM THE SACK

w0lfe
10/19/2009, 09:49 AM
You know, i hate the pokes, but im gonna cheer my but off for them to hang 80 on texas and ruin their little weak bcs run

instigator
10/19/2009, 09:52 AM

I thought so too.

bonkuba
10/19/2009, 09:56 AM
I wish it was just the sack......but nope.

The crowd went crazy when he was sacked (expected)....then died down......then they went crazy when he came up a little then went back down. No doubt at all....none.

cjames317
10/19/2009, 09:57 AM
Here's my question: Was "Take Bradford out" #1 on Muschamp's defensive game plan? If so, and the horns, teamwide, are assuming his mentality, then we need to find another Boz and get back to the "Red River War" days.

"Take Bradford out" part of the the horns' defensive game plan? I don't

C&CDean
10/19/2009, 10:10 AM
I was there too Sport...

Dude,

Did you type that **** with a straight face? Seriously?

If so, then you must have been in a drunken stupor from the ****-warm fair beer and an overdose of ****ty Fletcher's corny dogs.

I was there. They cheered louder when Sam went back down than they did from the initial sack. A lot louder. After he was down for a while maybe some of the more mature folks in your fanbase put some pressure on all the ****ing idiots, because they did quiet down, but the deed had been done.

If it's possible to despise a whorn more than I did before, I do. This was one of the worse displays (not just the cheering for Sam's injury but some other semi-altercations I had after the game with the morons setting up an impromptu little tailgate right across the tracks from where we leave the Cotton Bowl) of Texas fan stupidity in many a year.

God I ****ing hate Texas.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/19/2009, 10:12 AM
Dude,

If so, then you must have been in a drunken stupor from the ****-warm fair beer and an overdose of ****ty Fletcher's corny dogs.

I was there. They cheered louder when Sam went back down than they did from the initial sack. A lot louder. After he was down for a while maybe some of the more mature folks in your fanbase put some pressure on all the ****ing idiots, because they did quiet down, but the deed had been done.

If it's possible to despise a whorn more than I did before, I do. This was one of the worse displays (not just the cheering for Sam's injury but some other semi-altercations I had after the game with the morons setting up an impromptu little tailgate right across the tracks from where we leave the Cotton Bowl) of Texas fan stupidity in many a year.

^^This...to a T!

w0lfe
10/19/2009, 10:21 AM
Im sick of all these blind idiots that cant see or HEAR for themselves what happened. My god people, quit being oblivious to your surroundings. It was probably the most obvious display of **** that I have ever seen. For those that DVR'd the game and replayed it, and then make a conclusion about them not cheering. Shut up and leave. For the majority of us that were there, it was as plain as day to see.

badger
10/19/2009, 10:30 AM
Dude,

I love when Dean calls out stuff like this.

3rd Generation Longhorn
10/19/2009, 10:41 AM
I was there in the middle of the Texas side. There was a loud cheer of the sack and there was some cheering when Sam went down after he got up from the sack. The people around me were quick to yell at those people to stop it. I heard a lot of people then respond that Sam was a good kid and did not deserve that kind of disrespect. As a longhorn fan, I want to apologize for the action of those fans. I certainly want to win but not at the cost of injury to a fine kid like Sam. I hope he fully recovers and comes back to give it another shot next year if that is what he wants.

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 10:44 AM
I was there in the middle of the Texas side. There was a loud cheer of the sack and there was some cheering when Sam went down after he got up from the sack. The people around me were quick to yell at those people to stop it. I heard a lot of people then respond that Sam was a good kid and did not deserve that kind of disrespect. As a longhorn fan, I want to apologize for the action of those fans. I certainly want to win but not at the cost of injury to a fine kid like Sam. I hope he fully recovers and comes back to give it another shot next year if that is what he wants.

I would be embarassed too...

badger
10/19/2009, 10:44 AM
The people around me were quick to yell at those people to stop it.

I will leave open the possibility that the reason the noise from Texas got louder was this reason right here - everyone yelling at each other to shut up while Sam was down. Regardless, it leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouths who watched and heard that happen.

MeMyself&Me
10/19/2009, 10:54 AM

Lid could learn a lot from a post like this.

KRYPTON
10/19/2009, 11:29 AM
Hell I remember Oakland Raider fans cheering when their QB at the time Dan Pastorini went down in Alameda County Stadium circa 1980.

Well, there was a legitimate reason behind the crowd's hate of Pastorini, you see...he was a known flasher:

Dan Pastorini
had a ten foot weenie
and he showed it to the lady next door
She pulled out an axe
and gave it three whacks
and now it's only six-foot-four.

(Someone else's rhyme, sadly)

tru2ou
10/19/2009, 02:09 PM

I appreciate you at least recognizing it happened. Its almost as disgusting when people deny something happened when everyone else knows it did.

I appreciate the apology as well. As I stated before, I know it wasnt everyone but the cheer was louder than the sack and that should be embarassing that people would cheer louder for an injury than a sack. Especially to a guy like Sam.

- Tru

josh09
10/19/2009, 02:58 PM

This is greatly appreciated

soonervegas
10/19/2009, 03:19 PM
I really don't care in the scheme of things what Texas does with their cheering, but it did surprise me because it was so audible. There was a much deserved cheer for the sack, then a lull as Bradford tried to get back up, then a 2nd distinct roar from Texas as he had to struggle to get up. (It wasn't the 10 percenters like they want you to believe)

I am just ready for this series to get turned back around again....THE SOONER THE BETTER.

goingoneight
10/19/2009, 03:20 PM
I've been embarassed by my own favorite teams' fanbases plenty of times.

Thanks for the show of class by any fan of any team who doesn't condone that childish behavior.

Statalyzer
10/19/2009, 04:37 PM
bull **** you moron anyone at the game heard them cheer louder when sam tried to get up and fell back down **** you horn

Some of them did, because members of the Texas D (who probably didn't know Sam was hurt) were pumped up from the sack and were at that exact same moment firing up the crowd and doing the "make some noise" arm gesture. How conveniently this gets ignored...

Most of the people who saw the injury stayed silent and clapped for Sam when he got up. If you are going to claim you didn't hear this (speaking of things that are obvious on DVR replays...), they you need to stop claiming that Texas fans have selective hearing. It seems like a large portion of your fanbase is mistaking this cheer for celebrating the injury. I had a friend who was asked by the surrounding OU fans after cheering when Lamarr Houston got up off the ground after being injured "Why are you cheering the injury of your own player?"

Yes, a small minority of *******s were cheering the injury. Not much the reset of us fans can do about those guys, it's not like we have the power to ban assclowns from attending games...

I suppose those who claim to not have heard the cheering for Sam's injury also missed Texas class as they drowned out the OU Chant with the inane "Texas-Fight" yell...

Right, because both fanbases haven't been trying to chant over each other for decades. OU fans always shut up and never chant or clap or anything like that while UT fans are making noise. Give me a break. Both sides do it, and it isn't classless - there's no definition of class I know that means "Don't ever yell if the other side is yelling too". The only times where it's classless to yell over the other team is during their alma mater before or after the game.

SunnySooner
10/19/2009, 04:39 PM
I was in section 21, middle of Longwhorn hell, NOT the student section--those folks cheered the hit, and then about 9 or 10 scattered people cheered the injury, they did NOT get told to shut up by any of the other whorns, and I could hear PLENTY of cheering from the rest of the burnt orange side. To deny it is ridiculous, it happened, period. To be fair, there was also applause when he walked off, but the cheering of the injury is inexcusable.

However, leaving the game, I was literally the only crimson in a sea of orange, and NO ONE talked any smack to me. They all looked totally shell shocked, and as my whorn friend said to me, "We only won because our team sucked a little less than your team today." I think that's a pretty fair assesement of the game I watched. texsucks will get beat, just a matter of time. They are not a MNC caliber team, and trust me, they know it.

Gresho Murford
10/19/2009, 04:44 PM
They are not a MNC caliber team, and trust me, they know it.

I think they are. Maybe not most years but nobody looks unbeatable right now.

Statalyzer
10/19/2009, 04:47 PM

That's true.

Florida & Texas at #2 and #3 look weak, but then besides the Tide who else has earned to be ranked that high?

SunnySooner
10/19/2009, 04:50 PM

They ain't beatin' Bama. Unless the Tide gets totally decimated with injuries, like us, no way, no how.

Gresho Murford
10/19/2009, 04:54 PM
They ain't beatin' Bama. Unless the Tide gets totally decimated with injuries, like us, no way, no how.

anything can happen. The cocks almost beat them.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/19/2009, 05:07 PM
I was stuck on the effing DART, so I missed the injury!

47straight
10/19/2009, 06:12 PM
I have witnessed horns wearing shirts mocking Jason White's knee injuries. Sorry, resident horn fans, you have no credibility on this issue.

sozo
10/19/2009, 07:31 PM
Went back and watched it on DVR today, and you'd have to have some crimson glasses and a large dose of hypersensitivity to think that any Texas fans were cheering his injury. They cheered the sack, a 15 or so yard loss. They cheered for awhile--again, it was a 15 or so yard loss. When it became apparent that he was quite hurt, there was no more cheering. Then there was applause from both sides of the stadium when he walked off (which, by the way, is a sign of respect).I sugest you get that sucker worked on!I was watching it on TV and I was shocked at what I was hearing,even though it was TEXAS fans!

AlbqSooner
10/19/2009, 07:53 PM
Lid could learn a lot from a post like this.

No chance. Lid is such an arrogant arse he would dismiss that great post as some Sooner trolling as a whorn.

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 08:30 PM
I was only surprised and shocked at the loud cheering when Sam went down...everything else was fair game, at least at this game...

MeMyself&Me
10/19/2009, 08:53 PM
No chance. Lid is such an arrogant arse he would dismiss that great post as some Sooner trolling as a whorn.

Then Lid could learn a lot from some Sooner trolling as a whorn if that's what it was.

85sooners
10/19/2009, 09:07 PM
**** texas!!!!!!!!!!****em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prrriiide
10/19/2009, 11:46 PM
Sooner's know ok-cuses

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/1114849.jpg

Soonerus
10/19/2009, 11:47 PM
good point...

prrriiide
10/19/2009, 11:49 PM
The best part is one of the girls doing the most celebrating was wearing a UT shirt talking about sportsmanship that said "Respectful, Friendly, and Passionate".

She wasn't referring to sportsmanship...she was referring to her legion of one-night stands.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/20/2009, 07:21 AM
Some of them did, because members of the Texas D (who probably didn't know Sam was hurt) were pumped up from the sack and were at that exact same moment firing up the crowd and doing the "make some noise" arm gesture. How conveniently this gets ignored...

Most of the people who saw the injury stayed silent and clapped for Sam when he got up. If you are going to claim you didn't hear this (speaking of things that are obvious on DVR replays...), they you need to stop claiming that Texas fans have selective hearing. It seems like a large portion of your fanbase is mistaking this cheer for celebrating the injury. I had a friend who was asked by the surrounding OU fans after cheering when Lamarr Houston got up off the ground after being injured "Why are you cheering the injury of your own player?"

Yes, a small minority of *******s were cheering the injury. Not much the reset of us fans can do about those guys, it's not like we have the power to ban assclowns from attending games...

Right, because both fanbases haven't been trying to chant over each other for decades. OU fans always shut up and never chant or clap or anything like that while UT fans are making noise. Give me a break. Both sides do it, and it isn't classless - there's no definition of class I know that means "Don't ever yell if the other side is yelling too". The only times where it's classless to yell over the other team is during their alma mater before or after the game.

I am calling bull**** here. There was no whorn defense pumping up the crowd in the bar BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T ON TV PUMPING UP THE CROWD! They were cheering his injury. Quit making exuses for your pathetic fan base's behavior and except that your fans are some of the most classless in college football.

w0lfe
10/20/2009, 07:56 AM
Its makes me laugh to see these fans come on here and say there were only a few cheering. Well unless my ears lied to me, since only a few cheered for his injury, than none cheered for his sack right? Because it was obvious that it was much louder when you knew he was hurt. Stop the bull**** and go talk about how great you think your team is and how classy you think your fans are. Until then, **** off

FaninAma
10/20/2009, 08:34 AM
I was there too Sport...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Choklahoma

Yes, because we know you are such a compassionate, objective soul when it comes to Oklahoma.

I think I'll take Dean's and President Boren's words on this. Any whorn fans saying it didn't happen are in denial that they have a sh*t-for-brains fan base.

soonerborn30
10/20/2009, 09:04 AM
Jesus, you can't even spell choke. Nice job.

soonervegas
10/20/2009, 09:16 AM
Horn visitors are totally off base on this. I was there and it was clearly, cleary audible.

If you didn't then you have nothing to answer for, but many many of your cohorts did.

soonerhubs
10/20/2009, 09:21 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/BrentleyBryon/Kindlesackspotts.gif

Irrelevant, I know. Then again... Just think if that was a crimson jersey hitting a puke orange one.

cmbj
10/20/2009, 09:35 AM
I was at the game. I live in Austin and hate TX as much as anyone and would be the first to criticize TX fans, but quite honestly I did not hear loud cheers when it was clear Sam was down. In fact, I noticed the opposite (I was in the OU section) from across the field...the cheers became noticeably less from TX fans and the entire stadium quickly became very quiet.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/20/2009, 09:38 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/BrentleyBryon/Kindlesackspotts.gif

Irrelevant, I know. Then again... Just think if that was a crimson jersey hitting a puke orange one.

If this was Colt, that would have been an ejection. You can't get within 6ft of that guy without drawing a roughing the passer call.

Soonerus
10/20/2009, 09:46 AM
I was at the game. I live in Austin and hate TX as much as anyone and would be the first to criticize TX fans, but quite honestly I did not hear loud cheers when it was clear Sam was down. In fact, I noticed the opposite (I was in the OU section) from across the field...the cheers became noticeably less from TX fans and the entire stadium quickly became very quiet.

Totally false...

soonerhubs
10/20/2009, 09:47 AM
If this was Colt, that would have been an ejection. You can't get within 6ft of that guy without drawing a roughing the passer call.

It's not illegal to spear like that I guess. Just like it's not illegal to drive your car into random apartments and leave the scene. :D

soonerhubs
10/20/2009, 09:48 AM
Totally false...

You need to set up a reliability of measures construct before you can say that.
Just sayin...

cmbj
10/20/2009, 11:52 AM
Totally false...
Not sure what you think was Totally false about what I said....my observation is my observation. Perhaps that is the real issue here...there were just different observations maybe the result of where you were sitting.

ludosc
10/20/2009, 01:40 PM
I was at the game...sitting in section 119 (yes i am a horns fan)...everyone around me was cheering the sack, as soon as we saw Bradford was down, MOST of us stopped cheering and put the horns up...not all did unfortunately, including the guy sitting next to me...most everyone around me clapped for him as he left the field. Honestly, I felt bad for him, he's a great kid and a great QB, and I wouldn't wish his season this year on any QB (except for maybe Chris Simms)

DakotaSooner
10/20/2009, 01:46 PM

I think that is Livin Lovin?

DakotaSooner
10/20/2009, 01:48 PM

that is because Colt flopped on most "hits" that he took, trying to draw a flag.

TXHornsFan
10/21/2009, 05:06 PM
I was in the upper corner of the UT end - a long way from the play. We all cheered madly at the sack. It took me several seconds to even notice that Bradford was hurt. As I recall, he got up and started walking, then went back down and grabbed his shoulder. I honestly do not recall loud cheering when it was clear he was hurt - but there were likely some who cheered. If so, I am truly sorry that happened. I can say with certainty that when he left the field, the vast majority of fans near me gave him applause.

Among true UT fans, there is no animosity toward Bradford. He has been a great representative of your school, and you are rightly proud of him. I wish him the best - whether he chooses to return for one more year or go to the NFL.

Since I'm here, one more thing. I watched the ESPN replay a few nights ago. After the game, Colt McCoy was interviewed on the field for TV. I noticed a couple of OU players (I forgot their numbers - but i think they were linemen) waiting around to congratulate him after his interview ended. A cvery classy move on their part, in the moments after a disappointing loss and having to wait to do it. Just a few nice words from a UT fan.

josh09
10/21/2009, 05:32 PM
I was in the upper corner of the UT end - a long way from the play. We all cheered madly at the sack. It took me several seconds to even notice that Bradford was hurt. As I recall, he got up and started walking, then went back down and grabbed his shoulder. I honestly do not recall loud cheering when it was clear he was hurt - but there were likely some who cheered. If so, I am truly sorry that happened. I can say with certainty that when he left the field, the vast majority of fans near me gave him applause.

Among true UT fans, there is no animosity toward Bradford. He has been a great representative of your school, and you are rightly proud of him. I wish him the best - whether he chooses to return for one more year or go to the NFL.

Since I'm here, one more thing. I watched the ESPN replay a few nights ago. After the game, Colt McCoy was interviewed on the field for TV. I noticed a couple of OU players (I forgot their numbers - but i think they were linemen) waiting around to congratulate him after his interview ended. A cvery classy move on their part, in the moments after a disappointing loss and having to wait to do it. Just a few nice words from a UT fan.

Class class class. Youre the man.

OKLA21FAN
10/21/2009, 05:44 PM
Class class class. Youre the man.

is he 40?

FaninAma
10/21/2009, 05:56 PM
TxHornfan, the reason Sooner fans have a difficult
time believing your version of what happened is
because we have grown accustomed to vicious
personal insults about all things Oklahoma from the
quality of education our children receive at the
University of Oklahoma to the quality of life the
residents of this state have.

Sure some are in jest but you KNOW thy a lot
of the comments are made in all seriousness.

Understanding that it shouldn't be too difficult to
see why Sooner fans are ready assume that Horn
fans are quite capable of cheering Bradford's injury.

Let's face it, most of you have never forgiven Bob
Stoops and OU for the humiliation they heaped
upon your beloved horns for 5 consecutive years.

Colt McCoy is a quality individual.......the fans who
cheer for him,for the most part, aren't.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/21/2009, 09:54 PM
Had a store guy here in San Antonio where I am this week tell me (as I was wearing my OU hat) that he was glad Sam went down and UT won. If I had a gun, my Conceal Carry would have been revoked and I would have been in jail...;) not really, but you get the idea of my demeanor after that...

Octavian
10/21/2009, 10:19 PM
I was there....it was obvious. They cheered their *** off. So what?

It's a blood-feud college football rivalry. Don't whine about it.

MamaMia
10/21/2009, 10:49 PM
From one of your other 4 posts thus far...

I rarely post, ......... You rarely post but of all the threads we have had praising the Sooners you just all of the sudden decide to n00b on and defend the horns. Yeah, right.

josh09
10/21/2009, 11:17 PM
I was there....it was obvious. They cheered their *** off. So what?

It's a blood-feud college football rivalry. Don't whine about it.

People arent arguing the fact that its terrible that they did it. We're arguing if they did it at all. Which they did.

Alum81
10/21/2009, 11:18 PM
I was there too Sport...

Ok, douch bag, I was in section 128, the OU endzone, and I heard the cheers come as Sam lay on the cotton bowl turf! And It IS AS THEY SAY IT IS!!! There was an initial cheer for the sack, then there was a continuation of the cheer that actually got LOUDER when he stayed down! Now, you may say, with accuracy, that not all whorn fans jeered at his injury and you even say with confidence that " ALL Texas alums I know have nothing but the utmost respect for Bradford." Well, my whorn poster, the "alums you know" did just that, because from our side of the stadium, we couldn't hear anything but 45,000 whorns cheering FOR his injury situation. Dang - even your lesser ego ATM, they respectfully stand "off the boards" when an opposing player is injured. I give ATM fans that class; you and your's - no class whatsover!!!

Octavian
10/21/2009, 11:23 PM
People arent arguing the fact that its terrible that they did it. We're arguing if they did it at all. Which they did.

oh.

well I'm not going to read this entire thread to get that ;)

yes....there's no doubt in the world the decibel level went up a couple notches on the Texas side once Sam went back down on the turf for the second time. He crouched down, hit the grass....the Texas side exploded.

No doubt.

If someone actually and sincerely doesn't think so...they're just completely wrong on this one.

Again....no value judgment attached to it.....they cheered their asses off.