PDA

View Full Version : Call me a sunshine pumper...

IGotNoTiming
10/18/2009, 04:28 PM
You know I am as frustrated as anyone about the way this season has gone. Nobody wanted to think that we would be 3-3 midway through the season. I have been reading voraciously through the posts on the board with regards to everyone's feelings towards the program... from the play calling to the lack of big game victories- from the loss of the Sooner magic to the ineptness of of our coordinators. I have been sitting with this in the background of my day to day for a couple of weeks.

So...

Here is where I think we should... um let me rephrase that... here is where I think everything stands...

We have enjoyed an amazing amount of success since Stoops came to OU. We have seen a program that was all but given up for dead to a program that is on the forefront of college football's agenda every season. It has generated enormous money for my beloved university, we have seen Bob's success and respect blossom since he has been here. One needs to simply look at the coordinators he has brought in that go on to establish themselves as head coaches for other programs. He is a proven winner and a coach that has been able to surround himself not only with good coaches, but he can also recruit great players. Look at the All Americans and the Heisman winners. Lastly look at his record. His winning percentage ranks right up there with the two great coaches who have coached at OU but many coaches who have worked elsewhere.

Does anyone remember Tom Osborne? He endured grief many years for not being able to win the big game while at Nebraska. He then ripped of two national championships for Nebraska. Before that he CONSISTANTLY racked up winning season after winning season. His body of work stands for itself.

Coach Stoops deserves the support when things aren't going well, simply for the fact that without him this board would not have the amount of interest or the amount of posters and support it does. Day in and day out new posters emerge and generate interest in this program. They dissect and analyze- they rah and they hiss. Without Bob Stoops having taken control and establishing this program as one of the elite in the country (which it still is) we might as well have been an also ran in America's eyes. Some may say we are right now.... well **** off- this 3-3 team is the highest ranked 3 loss team in the country- that is only because of Bob Stoops. Do we deserve it? - maybe not THIS season. But this too will turn around, maybe not this season but considering the loss of players that moved on, the loss of players due to injuries- I guarantee you that this season will serve as a great foundation to build upon for the players on this team and the coaching staff that are here. Bob Stoops legacy will continue and it is because of the adversity that the team is going through, when it turns upward down the road... the school, the team and we as fans will benefit from it in the long run.

Mark it down.

Boomer Sooner

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 04:33 PM
Agreed...

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 04:34 PM
OK, you're a sunshine pumper. Feel better? :D

swardboy
10/18/2009, 04:58 PM
5 points from undefeated...well, 8 to get past ties.