PDA

View Full Version : The Big 12

The_Red_Patriot
10/18/2009, 03:18 PM
Sucks.....Your thoughts?

[http://www.filehurricane.com/viewerthumbnails/5292008103923AM_1210300064121rv8ej8.jpg

jumperstop
10/18/2009, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't say sucks, but we're definitely not elite. Average at best.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 03:25 PM
It's really no worse than the Big 10 or Pac 10. But probably light years from the SEC.

Not only no great teams, I'd even say there are no "very good" teams. Lot of average play.

westbrooke
10/18/2009, 03:29 PM
You're right that this year is a bit of a wake up call after last, but I'm not sure there are great teams anywhere right now. The SEC is Alabama, Florida, and everyone else, and even the two at the top are beatable. USC is still a year or more away from returning to form. Virginia Tech looked good prior to last night. There just aren't any dominating teams stalking the lands and beating people senseless this year.

Jock Ewing
10/18/2009, 03:32 PM
I'd say the same if my team was 3-3

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 03:34 PM
Everyone is saying it. Take off the Big 12 goggles.

Not a single team has looked Top 10 worthy this year.

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 03:35 PM
We're the best 3-3 team in the Nation.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 03:40 PM
We're the best 3-3 team in the Nation.
I'd say Tech, OU, and OSU are all around the 20-25th best in the nation. Texas probably 15.

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2009, 03:51 PM
The best team in the "Big XII Region" is TCU. Like I said in another post, TCU would win the Big XII this year. They look solid in all facets of the game. Last year, they should have beaten Utah in Salt Lake City, and they made the Boise State offense look silly. If TCU and 'Bama were to play for the MNC, the game might be 7-6.

Camomaha
10/18/2009, 08:52 PM
Kstate is leading the north at the moment, that kind of speaks for itself.

Jock Ewing
10/18/2009, 08:57 PM
The best team in the "Big XII Region" is TCU. Like I said in another post, TCU would win the Big XII this year. They look solid in all facets of the game. Last year, they should have beaten Utah in Salt Lake City, and they made the Boise State offense look silly. If TCU and 'Bama were to play for the MNC, the game might be 7-6.

Yeah, TCU is awesome. Really impressive beating Air Force by 3 points and Clemson (lost to Maryland) by 4 points.

You guys said the same thing when we rolled out, by far, the best team in the history of the Big 12 in 2005.

misplacedsooner
10/18/2009, 09:04 PM
theres not alot of difference in a certain 3-3 team...namely us and any unbeaten team in the land. cant think of a team that could just take it to us

sooner518
10/18/2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah, TCU is awesome. Really impressive beating Air Force by 3 points and Clemson (lost to Maryland) by 4 points.

You guys said the same thing when we rolled out, by far, the best team in the history of the Big 12 in 2005.

TCU played Air Force in an icestorm in colorado Springs. Aside from that, I havent really watched them much this year so I wont say how good they are.

Assuming youre a Texas fan...was anyone impressed with the way UT played yesterday? Or any game this year?

westbrooke
10/18/2009, 10:55 PM

I'm having trouble discerning your point (because you didn't really make one), but did you just compare this year's Texas team to the championship team from 2005? I know it's en vogue for people to point out similarities between the two, but... seriously. You guys rolled us in 2005, as you should have. This year? Not so much. You're a fragile shoulder away from some serious heartache right now. You have a clear path at the title game now, but you're limping to get there. So is everyone else. Juggernaut, you are not.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 10:58 PM

No, that season Texas actually played a non-conference game, against Ohio State.

If you HONESTLY think (I know even the biggest homer doesn't) the 09 Texas is even close to the 05 team, ask your momma to slap you in your mouth.

btk108
10/18/2009, 11:00 PM

You've gotta a be a disillusioned Whorn....or a salivating OSWHO'er....go on... beat Texas a** when they come to visit this year....you should have beaten them last year. Maybe your coach is a little smarter now. Then come to Norman...see what it's like to have your season spoiled.

The Maestro
10/18/2009, 11:56 PM
It was a taylor made season to win the national title. Even Florida looks plain. A healthy Sam and Jermaine and I would be making Pasadena plans for early January against the Florida-Bama winner. Even thought I am not a big Saban fan, I am a fan of all those great Bama fans that came to Norman in 2002 and I met in Tuscaloosa in 2003. Roll Tide Freaking Roll!

Sooner02
10/19/2009, 12:29 AM
Oklahoma State is going to beat Texas.

Piware
10/19/2009, 12:59 AM
After listening to several Poke fans puke of prophesies about what they are going to do to Texas, I have a question?

Has OSU ever beat Texas, even before the Big XII was formed? I honestly don't know.

OSUAggie
10/19/2009, 01:52 AM
After listening to several Poke fans puke of prophesies about what they are going to do to Texas, I have a question?

Has OSU ever beat Texas, even before the Big XII was formed? I honestly don't know.

42-16.

Johnny Mac's goal post tour (although we didn't even rush the field - that's how you know you're at rock bottom).

MamaMia
10/19/2009, 02:17 AM
We don't suck. Every conference has their traditionally great teams and their so-so teams, and even some notoriously lousy teams. Not every team can be like USC, playing every game in the tropical weather with the Beach Boys playing on the speakers in between plays, while they sip Pina Colada flavored Gatorade out of coconuts on the sidelines.

They never have to worry about injuring their swollen muscles and/or brittle bones that have been made to alter in the blistering heat, or the freezing cold that plagues us from the beginning to the end of the season. I swear we had 4 different seasons blow into Owen Field during the same game about 5 years back or so. That takes a toll on your body.

Then they have that ongoing powder puff schedule of theirs every year which hardly makes them break a sweat. No wonder they do so well in their post season Bowl games. By the time the Big Twelve teams duke it out every year, theres not a whole lot left in any of us.

EnragedOUfan
10/19/2009, 03:38 AM
Oklahoma State is going to beat Texas.

Oh how I would love to see this, but it won't happen. OSU will **** this game away just like they have the pass 12 years. They'll play it close and competitive, but McCoy and the horns will win it in the fourth quarter. It sucks, I know....

SGT Park3R
10/19/2009, 04:57 AM
Hopefully Dez is back for that game.