PDA

View Full Version : DART Sucks

auto
10/18/2009, 01:33 PM
I have never seen a cluster**** the magnitude of trying to get to the game. Will never try that again. Dallas could take some planning from cities that actually know how to run mass transit.

Are you kidding me? 2.25 hours to the game. Cab there and back next time.

BASSooner
10/18/2009, 01:42 PM
NO kidding!! I had a guy pass out in front of me on the way to the game. absolutely phenomenal. Took a cab on the way back

gowrong15
10/18/2009, 01:43 PM
I completely agree. I'm pretty sure that was one of the worst mass-transit systems I've ever riden. What really threw me off was how the trams were timed with the traffice lights so we always stopping in-between stops for traffic. Yeah, if you want to know the best way to get and from the game, take a cab or find a suitable bus route.

redlegsooner
10/18/2009, 01:46 PM
i tried to ride the train from Irving as I was promised we would have one every 10 minutes by a DART employee over the phone and that we could ride to victory station and it would take about 15 to 30 minutes to get to MLK.. BS.... we got to the Irving station at 8.. left at 9 with no train and drove to victory station cutting across medians and what not to get to there. We then spent over an hour on the train to MLK only to arrive literally moments before kickoff.. after the game it was even worse at the MLK station and so we had to call someone to drive from grapevine to come and get us.. It all ended with my ultra conservative Baptist grandpa telling a Dallas cop he could go to hell... DART is a billion dollar Charlie Foxtrot.. Next time I will take my chances getting towed...

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 02:01 PM
Wow....sounds like things have gotten worse since last year.

I think we had to wait 15 minutes to get on the bus once we were off the train. The bus was clean and full of mostly Sooners too. Sounds like lots of folks decided to try the D.A.R.T. this year and it turned into a cluster.

If I try it next year...I'll leave way early. If you tried to get there close about an hour before game time...I bet it was a cluster. People get freaky when they are stressed and they are really stressed at 10:30 am after a night of drinking in Dallas....especially if they think they are going to be stuck in traffic and miss kickoff. Then throw standing in line to be frisked at the gate...standing in line to get into the Stadium....and then when you get in....some whorn is sitting in your seat.

Add all that to the mix...there could be trouble.....lol

UTsucks
10/18/2009, 02:19 PM
Those of us that live in Dallas know this.

We DRIVE to the cotton bowl DUH :pop:

jumperstop
10/18/2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah I'm glad I changed my plans last minute and just parked near the fair. Waiting in traffic for an hour and a half, then parking in some guys back yard sounds better than missing kick off.

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 02:23 PM

Don't make us have the game moved to another State. :D

auto
10/18/2009, 02:51 PM

I live in Dallas cockmunch, I figured who could screw up a train on a track?

sooner518
10/18/2009, 03:02 PM
welcome to Texas, where everything is ridiculously spread out. mass transit will never work here because of this.

Sooner04
10/18/2009, 04:52 PM
I have a super-secret driving route that takes me from Ardmore, Oklahoma, to Fletcher's Corny Dog stand in just a shade over two hours. That's driving, parking, entering the fair, buying coupons and getting my corny dog.

I told anyone who'd listen that taking the DART was the single-dumbest idea I'd heard since the White Sox decided to wear shorts.

UTsucks
10/18/2009, 04:59 PM
I live in Dallas cockmunch, I figured who could screw up a train on a track?

Obvious you never rode it before little ****

auto
10/18/2009, 08:07 PM
Obvious you never rode it before little ****

Of course not dumbass, I live in Dallas (not some brokedick commuter community) why the hell would I?:D

Sooner_Dad
10/19/2009, 11:49 AM
I am sure it is not much consulation. DART issued an apology for their poor
performance on Saturday. An apology from DART is pretty rare indeed.

www.dart.org

SoonerInSpringdale
10/19/2009, 12:03 PM
Our car parked 2 blocks (5 minute walk) from the Cotton Bowl. We paid 20 bucks (5 bucks each) and there was no headache.

DakotaSooner
10/19/2009, 12:40 PM
I am sure it is not much consulation. DART issued an apology for their poor
performance on Saturday. An apology from DART is pretty rare indeed.

www.dart.org

Kind of like the Oregon replay officials.....who cares after the fact.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 12:44 PM
Our car parked 2 blocks (5 minute walk) from the Cotton Bowl. We paid 20 bucks (5 bucks each) and there was no headache.

It's nice that you didn't have any problems...however...that hasn't always been the way things have gone for many of us. The sole reason for the D.A.R.T. is to relieve congestion and offer fairly priced Mass Transportation for events and day to day needs of the Metro Area.

Your way might appeal to you since you had no problems...but many of us have had to leave our cars with valuables in them as there was no place left to park on the Fairgrounds. Many folks have had trouble with unsanctioned parking places.

Glad it went well for you.

Fraggle145
10/19/2009, 01:04 PM
Rode the DART. Missed Kickoff.

Thought about riding it back... the line was 5 people abreast and a half mile long to get on the train after the game.

Took a 50 dollar cab ride instead, since I was staying in McKinney.

And we lost.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

SoonerInSpringdale
10/19/2009, 01:05 PM
It's nice that you didn't have any problems...however...that hasn't always been the way things have gone for many of us. The sole reason for the D.A.R.T. is to relieve congestion and offer fairly priced Mass Transportation for events and day to day needs of the Metro Area.

Your way might appeal to you since you had no problems...but many of us have had to leave our cars with valuables in them as there was no place left to park on the Fairgrounds. Many folks have had trouble with unsanctioned parking places.

Glad it went well for you.

The place we parked had a sign from the City of Dallas listing it as a sanctioned lot??

Maybe it was a fake, I dunno. It was close though.

StoopTroup
10/19/2009, 01:08 PM
The place we parked had a sign from the City of Dallas listing it as a sanctioned lot??

Maybe it was a fake, I dunno. It was close though.

Again. I'm glad it worked out. I hate leaving my car down there when I've come from out of state. Hell you can't leave anything in a Hotel or your car.

jumperstop
10/19/2009, 01:19 PM
Again. I'm glad it worked out. I hate leaving my car down there when I've come from out of state. Hell you can't leave anything in a Hotel or your car.

Yeah I parked in a church gated parking lot for free. Gave a five dollar donation and walked the mile to the stadium, wasn't bad. My brother wanted to do the DART but I just had a bad feeling.

GrapevineSooner
10/19/2009, 01:23 PM
I've never ridden DART once.

Unless you count the Trinity Railway Express, which I've ridden to two Stars games at the AAC.

That was a breeze.

Sorry some of you got screwed.

Sooner_Dad
10/19/2009, 01:31 PM
DakotaSooner,

I am sorry if my post offended you. That was not my intent.