PDA

View Full Version : Scattershooting / Cheers & Jeers

PLaw
10/18/2009, 11:57 AM
Cheers to BV and the OU defense. The 09 Sooners D has been playing lights out and in the great Sooner tradition.

Scattershooting #1 - This replay review stuff needs some more regulation. Too much disruption to the game flow. At the current rate of review, the networks can get in all of their commercials just during reviewed plays.

Jeers to the 21st century tackling techniques. Holding up ball carriers to strip the ball is just annoying. When forward progress is stopped, then officials should blow the play dead, quickly. The D gets what they deserve when strong runners continue to pick up yardage as they try to strip the ball. How about just going back to knocking the ball carrier into the next county, wrapping up, and putting the hat on the ball??

Jeers to injuries. When will the flood stop? The freeky nature of the current trend is just down right bad Karma from the football gods.

Scattershooting #2 - CF parity? You bet, the 85 scholly continues to rear its ugly head. There are no dominant teams in 09. UF, Bama, USC, Texas all appear to be very beatable. Except for three poor red zone series, the SOONERS would be in the mix of national title talk with more than 20% of their top 22 players on the sideline. It just screams PLAYOFF NOW!

Cheers to Landry Jones and the 'stache attack. As a former Lovington Wildcat, the greatness of the Artesia Bulldogs is not lost on me. Stay loose, stay cool, keep your head on straight and you will lead the Sooners back to the MNC conversation - just not this year.

Cheers again to BV - great, great game plan vs Texas to address the short, middle passing game.

Jeers to the "eyes of Texas". Felt like we had to beat the 11 on the field plus the ones wearing stripes. Hey, those stripes wear well down at the county jail, too. :texan:

Scattershooting #3 - Still looking for Bob to find his mojo in big games against quality opponents. We're rooting for you Bob, but to be honest, there is a cloud of doom that emerges any time the Sooners are in a tight fit. The optimism and toughness that were your trademark before the TGOWWDNS is gone. To change this disturbing trend, how about inviting the Switz for a visit to address the squad about keeping focus while playing loose? And, here's to a double helping of Sooner Magic against a legit Top 5 team to change this disturbing trend.

Cheers to OU fans - the passion for your team, the pain when they lose, and the class when they win set us apart. It's okay to criticize coaches and play when the product on the field doesn't stand up against the standard and it's okay to recognize great effort that comes up short.

BOOMER SOONER

"At OU, losing is always a big deal. It doesn't happen very often. The standard of success is set high where conference championships are assumed and National Championships are the goal."

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 12:01 PM
The officials have definitely become to dependent on replay.

...and I'll say again, as one of his biggest critics, that BV did a great job yesterday.

stoopified
10/18/2009, 01:38 PM
At least they have replay and use it.

85Sooner
10/18/2009, 02:25 PM
The officials have definitely become to dependent on replay.

...and I'll say again, as one of his biggest critics, that BV did a great job yesterday.

HERE HERE! AT LEAST ON THIS GAME.

jumperstop
10/18/2009, 03:19 PM
Replay is way over used, but I would rather have them use it than make a wrong call.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/18/2009, 03:34 PM
HERE HERE! AT LEAST ON THIS GAME.

+1 Let's see what he has going to KU next week? :pop:

LiveLaughLove
10/18/2009, 04:01 PM
Agreed on the fact that since "that" game, OU has never officially recovered.

Yes, I know we have been in the BCS Championship Game since, but things just haven't seemed the same since that aweful horrific night.

Thank God for the Mizzu's of the world.