PDA

View Full Version : We have six games left to be played

MamaMia
10/18/2009, 11:53 AM
We have Kansas, Kansas State @ Home, Nebraska, Texas A&M @ Home, Texas Tech, and then oSu @ Home.

There's a lot of football yet to be played. I just don't see us going from playing in the National Championship game to having a losing season.

Curly Bill
10/18/2009, 11:59 AM
I think we end up with 4 or 5 losses -- not a losing season, but not what we're used to.

Sabanball
10/18/2009, 12:13 PM
If I were you guys I would settle in for an 8-4 campaign(Being basically Bradfordless, I think all of us on the outside can understand). You'll probably be an underdog against KU and TT, but if you can have a 1-1 split in those two and win the rest of them then it can still be a good, though disappointing, season with probably a nice bowl game to boot...

starclassic tama
10/18/2009, 12:23 PM
this season is NOT OVER yet. this texas team could EASILY lose 2 conference games and if we win out we will still play for the big 12 title.

stoopified
10/18/2009, 03:23 PM
Call me a homer but I ain't conceding anything.Finish 9-3 and see what happens.

Flying Scotsman
10/18/2009, 03:30 PM
If Heupel and Bradford can coach Landry to a normal level...We'll be okay....9-3 could be reality.

GottaHavePride
10/18/2009, 03:32 PM
Landry's already beyond "normal". 3/4 of Division I-A would love to have him starting for them.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 03:33 PM
Win the home games and I'll be happy!

Keep the streak alive.

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 03:44 PM
Landry's already beyond "normal". 3/4 of Division I-A would love to have him starting for them.

I like the enthusiasm, I just have not seen it, other than against tator state, and Tulsa and both of their defenses suck. Not saying he can't develop, I hope he does. Losing OUr 4 best blockers in Williams, Simmons, Eldridge and Clapp won't help.
I guess I am spoiled and use to having a QB that 99/100 of Division I-A would love to have starting for them.

josh09
10/18/2009, 03:52 PM
Win the home games and I'll be happy!

Keep the streak alive.

Yes! Something to brag about :D

josh09
10/18/2009, 03:53 PM
I like the enthusiasm, I just have not seen it, other than against tator state, and Tulsa and both of their defenses suck. Not saying he can't develop, I hope he does. Losing OUr 4 best blockers in Williams, Simmons, Eldridge and Clapp won't help.
I guess I am spoiled and use to having a QB that 99/100 of Division I-A would love to have starting for them.

Landry is a freshman. Of course he will develop.

Soonerus
10/18/2009, 04:13 PM
I like our chances against all of those teams with our defense...

OUstud
10/18/2009, 04:36 PM
Win out, Texas loses twice, drill whoever in Arlington, win Fiesta Bowl over Boise. Sound good? :D

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2009, 04:43 PM
I like our chances against all of those teams with our defense...

The Defense better come ready to play every week cause we are going to struggle to score points

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2009, 04:44 PM

Ur a homer :D

Soonerfan88
10/18/2009, 06:32 PM
The biggest improvement has historically been between 1st and 2nd years so I fully expect Landry to be great next year.

To the original topic: There is still a lot of football to be played and I think the team will rally for a great finish, for their own pride if nothing else. It will be nice to beat Tech in Lubbock and stomping all over OSU is always fun.

Okie35
10/18/2009, 06:46 PM
Win out, Texas loses twice, drill whoever in Arlington, win Fiesta Bowl over Boise. Sound good? :D

It sounds good but in reality I don't see Texas losing twice maybe against the Pokes hopefully. If we finish the season winning the bowl game and 10-3 I'd be happy.

jdsooner
10/18/2009, 06:59 PM
After yesterday, I say we beat KU, NU, KSU, OSU, and A&M. OSU is not good on defense at all and has played no one. KU lost to CU and almost got beat by Iowa State. Nebraska is not playing well. Kansas State and A&M are home games and they are terrible.

The toughest game will be Texas Tech on the road. That said, they are beatable.

oupride
10/18/2009, 08:26 PM
Ditto

baja okla
10/19/2009, 09:54 AM
Can't believe the lack of support for Lnadry !! He is a Freshman and in two of the games he has played in he was not even given the reps in practice the week before. In fact, before Texas, Bradford got the quality practice time for the last two weeks. He's done really well considering the situations he has been forced to deal with.

soonervegas
10/19/2009, 10:00 AM
Landy played decent for his 1st RRS game. We would probably be drooling all over ourselves about him if he has more experience at receiver and the o-line.

He just needs to cut down on mistakes. I can definitely see him winning a Big 12 Title though, unless he gets bet out by one of the young guns.

rawlingsHOH
10/19/2009, 10:01 AM
Can't believe the lack of support for Lnadry !! He is a Freshman and in two of the games he has played in he was not even given the reps in practice the week before. In fact, before Texas, Bradford got the quality practice time for the last two weeks. He's done really well considering the situations he has been forced to deal with.
Yep, he's a stud.

bearfan08
10/19/2009, 12:06 PM
Your defense will keep you in all the games, but you have to find a way to score in the redzone without Gresham. I root for OU except for the BU game, and your redzone O has to get it together.

beer4me
10/19/2009, 12:25 PM

Call me a homer but I think with this defense we win out. The Stach will get better and get into a rythm now and we will score just enough to win.

Not saying we will have a running game to speak of this year because the OL just can't block well enough to have any consistancy on the running game.