PDA

View Full Version : The Sooner Gamble!

setem
10/18/2009, 10:30 AM
Most Sooner fans have a lot invested in this team monetarily and emotionally. I understand disappointment and I understand frustration but there really is nothing any of us can post or say that is going to change the way this team plays. Every season we all throw our emotions into the hat with the hopes that at seasons end we will have some great memories and our emotions will be lifted 10 fold. It is a gamble Sooners fans and football fans all make every year. The grand prize is the National Championship but there are varying levels of winning and losing. We have been left with a bad taste in our mouth before but The Holiday Bowl win over Oregon, ENA's Big XII Championship, Texas Tech game last year just to name a few have been great moments for me not the greatest but they were small decent wins and fun to watch. There also have been times we were dealt some pretty ****ty hands. The numerous BOWL games we have flopped in. Eligibility issues and the injuries that have plagued this years team are just a few. The highs and lows are just part of the game. Example:We were all riding high when we had Boise State beaten and a few trick plays later we are walking away with a big L and our heads held low. BSU took a big gamble in that game and it paid off big for both the team and their fans. You want big rewards you have to take big risks.

As true Sooner fans we all choose to take that gamble every year and invest our time, emotions and sometimes money in this team and in this game. If the cards fall right then maybe in the end we will be holding that Crystal Ball and we will have won that emotional jack pot. If not, then we pick up what we have left and try again next time. The great thing about this gamble is you don't need money to play. If you love the Sooners then you place a bet with every new season. Sometimes people just don't feel like playing anymore and they quit and that is okay; as for me, I am going to continue to place my bet from now until the day I am Sooner dead. Because I love the Sooners and I love this sport.

BOOMER SOONER!