PDA

View Full Version : My fellow Sooner fans, we are better than this

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
10/18/2009, 09:07 AM
I am beginning to see an embarrassing trend after losses, we as Sooner fans need to stop blaming the officials for every loss. Sometimes the other team just plays better and this need to find fault with the officials is getting old. Granted there are times when it is warranted (ie Oregon & T-Tech) but I don't think this was one of them. 5 TO's negative rushing yards the officials didn't cause that to happen. The bottom line is Texas made the plays when they had to. The unbelievable INT in the 4th quarter was a perfect example. The kid made an outstanding play. On the flip side, twice OU had pick-6's in their hands. And they were not difficult picks, they were ones that the one-armed man could have caught. What happened, twice they were dropped. That's 14 points right there and the difference in the game. Those plays need to be made by D-1 athletes. On a similar note, OU has got to find some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Aside from Broyles they have no one that can be counted on in the clutch. I include Brown and Murray in this discussion. They have been solid, making the routine plays, but when a big play needs to be made to move the chains, they disappear. I know, I know, they are missing the best TE in the country and the receivers are young and the line is new but other teams have to rebuild too and they don’t seem to have this much trouble. SC is playing a freaking true freshman at QB and is playing well. I don’t know where the problem lies. Maybe we as fans have become spoiled. Many of the fans of today can’t remember what the 95-98’ seasons felt like. I do and then I would have loved a 9-3 season, or a 11-2 season would have been awesome.
I thank you my fellow Sooner fans for allowing me to vent as I have. All that having been said, blood is crimson for a reason and I’m a Sooner fan through and through, war winning out and Texas losing twice to bring home on the Big XII championship. Boomer Sooner my friends…BOOMER FREAKIN SOONER!!!

redlegsooner
10/18/2009, 09:12 AM
coaching coaching coaching.. the players left it all out on the field yesterday and did a great job as far as i'm concerned.. our O-line is not sucking because they aren't top tier athletes.. they suck because they are coached poorly.. thats why penalties etc. happen so frequently to stall our drives.. that's why we can't score inside the red zone.. I remember 95-98 and though it isn't that bad.. its still a COACHING problem.. Stoops is fine.. the staff needs drastic changes.. unfortunately we may need to lose enough games in conference for Stoops to come to that realization..

redlegsooner
10/18/2009, 09:13 AM
oh and injuries are good excuses with our team.. nothing more..

jumperstop
10/18/2009, 10:18 AM
oh and injuries are good excuses with our team.. nothing more..

again it has more to do with this I think than coaching.