OUHOMER
10/18/2009, 08:41 AM
cincy has to be in there somewhere.

I just edited them tied with Boise. Not impressed with their schedule

VA Sooner
10/18/2009, 09:05 AM
Here's my top ten

1. Alabama - well-balanced on all fronts - defense, offense, special teams

2. Florida - but will lose to Alabama... not having reliable running backs will hurt... and you never know if he'll take another hit to the head with the way he plays.

3. USC - If Matt Barley stays healthy and there's no freak accident to Taylor Mays (S), both of whom were missing against Wash. Backup QBs at USC both stink... I'll take Landry any day.

4. Texas - but they will fall... probably against OK State. OSU is up and down and have a new potential go-to receiver. Can never predict the Cowboys. It's a road game for Texas and OSU has been the only team to give the Longhorns a run for their money in the last several years.

5. TCU - Playing well with Pike and without Pike (backup was pretty impressive when got thrown in there) and there defense is stellar.

6. Iowa - shaky in every game... waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7. Penn State - quietly going back to business.

8. Miami - good record, stout schedule... and a 1-point to us after a heart-wrenching defeat in Blacksburg

9. LSU - playing with fire week in and week out. Pressure on Jefferson messes up his rhythm and he makes mistakes. And we all know how fast SEC defenses are. I hate Les Miles... this one pains me.

9. Boise State - undefeated but opponents and two sloppy games in a row... UC Davis?????

10. OK State - Can't predict them and they have someone to replace Hunter and Bryant for now.

Wild season so far... Big 12 is beating each other up. Another three way tie????

meoveryouxinfinity
10/18/2009, 09:21 AM
Here's my top ten

1. Alabama - well-balanced on all fronts - defense, offense, special teams

2. Florida - but will lose to Alabama... not having reliable running backs will hurt... and you never know if he'll take another hit to the head with the way he plays.

3. USC - If Matt Barley stays healthy and there's no freak accident to Taylor Mays (S), both of whom were missing against Wash. Backup QBs at USC both stink... I'll take Landry any day.

4. Texas - but they will fall... probably against OK State. OSU is up and down and have a new potential go-to receiver. Can never predict the Cowboys. It's a road game for Texas and OSU has been the only team to give the Longhorns a run for their money in the last several years.

5. TCU - Playing well with Pike and without Pike (backup was pretty impressive when got thrown in there) and there defense is stellar.

6. Iowa - shaky in every game... waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7. Penn State - quietly going back to business.

8. Miami - good record, stout schedule... and a 1-point to us after a heart-wrenching defeat in Blacksburg

9. LSU - playing with fire week in and week out. Pressure on Jefferson messes up his rhythm and he makes mistakes. And we all know how fast SEC defenses are. I hate Les Miles... this one pains me.

9. Boise State - undefeated but opponents and two sloppy games in a row... UC Davis?????

10. OK State - Can't predict them and they have someone to replace Hunter and Bryant for now.

Wild season so far... Big 12 is beating each other up. Another three way tie????

I like this A LOT.

jumperstop
10/18/2009, 10:21 AM
1. Florida.... just because they did not lose, but not impressed

2. Alabama. I think maybe the wins it all

It gets really wishy washy from here.

3. USC, i know but they can beat texas

4. texas just because they havent lost

5. LSU. I hate typing 4 out of 5 listed

6. TCU

7. VA tech. but they were exposed, and missing 2 top players

8. Iowa,

9. Penn st

10. boise st. Undefeated but not impressed
10 Cincinnati undefeated but not impressed with their schedule either

Just my thoughts this morning

VT will drop from the top 10 with the loss. Thats not how the rankings work these days. You lose and you go to the back of the line while all other teams move up. But then again this is YOUR top ten.

OUHOMER
10/18/2009, 10:24 AM
VT will drop from the top 10 with the loss. Thats not how the rankings work these days. You lose and you go to the back of the line while all other teams move up. But then again this is YOUR top ten.

see post #2, and yea that may still to be to high for them.

Lott's Bandana
10/18/2009, 11:46 AM
I don't think Cincinnati's schedule so far is any worse than the whorn's schedule.

(we aren't who we were supposed to be.)

PLaw
10/18/2009, 12:09 PM
I don't think Cincinnati's schedule so far is any worse than the whorn's schedule.

(we aren't who we were supposed to be.)

I will laugh my *** off if TCU and Boise State go undefeated and everybody else has one loss - the "BSC" will definitely go into an implosion mode.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 12:59 PM
USC has lost to an unranked team

Texas has won every game

its

1) Fl
2) Bama
3) Texas

why do yall give USC a break??? just like the media does??

(don't get me wrong, i would love for USC to be above the whorns)

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2009, 01:51 PM
1) 'Bama
2) FLA
3) Cincy (they have a better resume than *)
4) *
5) TCU (they would win the Big XII this year, no joke)
6) Iowa
7) SUC
8) thUg
9) Boise State
10) OSU

LSU does not deserve to be in the Top 10, IMHO. However, they did beat U-Dub, and SUC didn't. SUC's schedule doesn't look near as good as it did at the beginning of the season. ND will drop one more, Cal is not very good, and tOSU just lost to an AWFUL Purdue team. The only other team that I could conceivably put in the Top 10 would be GA Tech. If Oregon beats SUC, and OSU beats *, look for TCU to get some hard looks for consideration. Cincy has some injury issues with Pike. Iowa, as much as I like them, had too many close calls against BAD teams (Arky State and Northern Iowa), and that may come back to bite them. TCU has looked impressive, and has a chance to bolster their resume against BYU.

My next five would be:

11) GA Tech
12) Oregon
13) Penn State
14) LSU
15) VA Tech