PDA

View Full Version : Talked into going to BOB DYLAN concert

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2009, 01:54 AM
Very loud, sang about 4 songs I recognized, while managing to sound like a cross between Jimmy Durante and Louis Armstrong. Disappointed, but not surprised.

texas bandman
10/18/2009, 07:53 AM
I went to a Dylan concert a couple of months ago. He was not so good, but Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp who opened the concert were great, so I felt like the money wasn't wasted. If it would have been Dylan by himself, I would have been pissed.

10/18/2009, 10:11 AM
I went to a Dylan concert a couple of months ago. He was not so good, but Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp who opened the concert were great, so I felt like the money wasn't wasted. If it would have been Dylan by himself, I would have been pissed.Dylan played last night for about an hour and a half. How long did that 3 act concert last?

picasso
10/18/2009, 10:20 AM
Have you guys never seen him live on the tellie?

John Mellencamp? He'd do well to sniff Bob's thrown away material.

10/18/2009, 10:25 AM
Have you guys never seen him live on the tellie?

John Mellencamp? He'd do well to sniff Bob's thrown away material.Dylan is one of the most impressive and successful songwriters of all time. But, his voice wasn't very good, and has gotten worse.

picasso
10/18/2009, 10:29 AM
Dylan is one of the most impressive and successful songwriters of all time. But, his voice wasn't very good, and has gotten worse.

Well did you go there to hear an opera singer or an icon play his music?:confused:

And Willie Nelson? His voice sounds like he's leaning up against the washer during the spin cycle.

10/18/2009, 10:45 AM
Well did you go there to hear an opera singer or an icon play his music?:confused:

And Willie Nelson? His voice sounds like he's leaning up against the washer during the spin cycle.A friend whose musical taste is about 90% Bob Dylan went to the concert, and shared the same sentiments I expressed. Just saying!

King Crimson
10/18/2009, 10:55 AM
Dylan's never been known for his live show. back in the day, he was well known to dog it sometimes. either the shows were great or terrible...depending on the effort. i saw him at the Zoo at probably about the lowest of his career arc (mid 80's)....and it was a great show. i saw him at CU about a decade ago and it was a snoozer. and i think this was when Time out of Mind had given him some of his cred back and the music press was giving him good reviews.

StoopTroup
10/18/2009, 01:15 PM
Dylan's Songwriting was what got him the fame. He's not a great performer. That said...he's a Legendary Performer who's time has past. I hope he's not doing shows because he needs the money.

King Crimson
10/18/2009, 01:28 PM
Dylan's Songwriting was what got him the fame. He's not a great performer. That said...he's a Legendary Performer who's time has past. I hope he's not doing shows because he needs the money.

he's sold some later tunes to commercials, to movies and TV, and been a faceman for Apple. i doubt he's touring out of financial need. gambling debts or something, i suppose anything is possible.