PDA

View Full Version : Remainder Of Season

TXBOOMER
10/17/2009, 11:03 PM
Do we win out? Considering the poor O Line play and Sam out I think we will struggle on the remainder of the road games. D should keep us in them if they can stay healthy.

at Kansas
Kansas State
at Nebraska
aTm
at Tech
Okie State

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/17/2009, 11:04 PM
All of them are a toss up as far as I'm concerned

Curly Bill
10/17/2009, 11:06 PM
Between Kansas, TT, nebish, and okie state I can see us losing two more games. Yes I know none of them are world beaters, but neither are we exactly. I think we lose at least one more, probably two, and three is not out of the question.

landrun
10/17/2009, 11:25 PM
K-State be A&M 50 something to very little.

They're starting to play well too.

olevetonahill
10/17/2009, 11:28 PM
Only one worrying ME is the Neb. Game
:eek:

Okie35
10/18/2009, 12:32 AM
Only one worrying ME is the Neb. Game
:eek:

How are they gonna score? on defense? because their offense is terrible. No game worries me

10/18/2009, 12:39 AM
Tech is my pick for the most likely loss of those... they are playing very hot right now.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 02:09 AM
Do we win out? Considering the poor O Line play and Sam out I think we will struggle on the remainder of the road games. D should keep us in them if they can stay healthy.

at Kansas
Kansas State
at Nebraska
aTm
at Tech
Okie State

As long as we continue to hold the nation's longest home winning streak, I'll be happy.

So give me wins over KSU, A&M, and OSU!

PhilTLL
10/18/2009, 02:25 AM
At this point, the defense is great enough and the offense is, er, the opposite enough that none of them can be written off in advance, win or lose. I have a pretty good feeling that the offense can get it together soon (ie, when Landry gets 1st-string snaps in practice again), won't sputter as badly as today and we'll have a solid finish. Kansas is overrated, has less than inspiring home advantage to begin with, and needless to say has not seen this level of defense yet.

Okie35
10/18/2009, 02:38 AM
Tech is my pick for the most likely loss of those... they are playing very hot right now.

Yea I fear Tech the most but I still don't see us losing. The offense just has to get their **** together.

the_sooners_abide
10/18/2009, 07:28 AM
I say we lose against Tech or home against OSU if they have Hunter and Bryant back. I think all of the games from here on out will be low-scoring but I just don't see our offense, especially sans Sam, contributing much. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to still get a Cotton Bowl or Holiday Bowl win.

Boomerbrad
10/18/2009, 08:36 AM
I'll play...

at Kansas - W
Kansas State - W
at Nebraska - Toss Up
aTm - W
at Tech - W
Okie State - W

The Hawk's have been exposed the past few weeks and got bit last night, KSU is a couple years out yet, A&M is improving, but they still aren't that good, I'm taking a gamble with Tech and Okie is, well Okie. The Husker's D has looked good at times, but then again, gave up 31 to tech in Lincoln.

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2009, 08:47 AM
Folks, with the state of our offense, every game will be a toss up the rest of the season; we have to hope the defense continues to play well, or else we are going to be in BIG trouble

VA Sooner
10/18/2009, 08:51 AM
Same game plan against Texas Tech as we did last year with the exception of keying in on the running back (I think his name is Batch or something) because he's definitely helping out with the team with a new dimension.

Neb scared me a bit until both Virginia Tech was upset by GT and Texas Tech beat them. Then again... that would assume our pass game was pack to full strength and we somehow find our running game again.... where did it go.

Running out of O-Linemen... anyone up to be a walk-on????

sooner ngintunr
10/18/2009, 09:00 AM
we run the table very convincingly.

redlegsooner
10/18/2009, 09:06 AM
to the chagrin of all of you guys who are perfectly fine with mediocrity and excuses... They are all toss ups and I hope we don't win enough of them to go bowling.. because then Stoops will have a way to validate his crappy staff.. and no I am not a bandwagon fan. Sooner born Sooner bred here.. its time to clean out the attic.. unfortunately it may have to catch on fire first... Stoops is fine, the staff sucks.. thats why we lose these games..

TMcGee86
10/18/2009, 09:41 AM
Between Kansas, TT, nebish, and okie state I can see us losing two more games. Yes I know none of them are world beaters, but neither are we exactly. I think we lose at least one more, probably two, and three is not out of the question.

Exactly how i see it. As of right now, I dont see anyway we beat Tech in Lubbock. And I think between KU and NU we lose one.

That means we have to have a great game at home and beat OSU to keep from having Stoops worst season.

I can't even believe I am saying that, considering what this season was supposed to be. But it is what it is. Our offense is bad right now. Very, very bad. Iowa State made Baylor their bitch. One TD per game is not going to beat Tech, or KU or OSU. Things have got to get better.

The thing that kills me the most is that with as bad as everyone else has looked this year, with this defense if we had Sam and Gresh this year we would have waltzed to a championship.

:mad:

jumperstop
10/18/2009, 10:10 AM
to the chagrin of all of you guys who are perfectly fine with mediocrity and excuses... They are all toss ups and I hope we don't win enough of them to go bowling.. because then Stoops will have a way to validate his crappy staff.. and no I am not a bandwagon fan. Sooner born Sooner bred here.. its time to clean out the attic.. unfortunately it may have to catch on fire first... Stoops is fine, the staff sucks.. thats why we lose these games..

And I thought we had seen enough of the fire BV and KW **** the past two losses. The game plan yesterday wasn't bad, the coaches did pretty good. Could have made a couple better adjustments at half but you can't really expect much from players who can't get it done. It's not the staffs fault the Oline blows when running the ball or that the WR can't catch ****, so please lay off this fire everyone bs. This loss is in the hands of the team IMO.

Also welcome and hope your future most are more intellectual than that. :D

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/18/2009, 10:11 AM
How are they gonna score? on defense? because their offense is terrible. No game worries me

i think i said this yesterday in the second half of OUr game :rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
10/18/2009, 10:12 AM
I am mentally prepared for a couple more losses on the road. I am not feeling good about the Tech game or even the Nebbish one.

Unfortunately, I am getting used to a sinking feeling when we don't score on the opportunities when we are rolling in the first half and then our offense sputters in the second half, our defense wears out and we fall behind. There is still some Sooner magic left outside Norman. I just know it. When we do get that mojo back, there will be payback and in abundance.

SoonerLB
10/18/2009, 10:18 AM
All of them are a toss up as far as I'm concerned

That prolly says it best. :D

beer4me
10/18/2009, 10:31 AM
We win out no one left on the schedule that can match up to the defense.

PLaw
10/18/2009, 10:48 AM

The question should be "how are we going to score?". From the most prolific offense in college football history to a very pedestarian threat at best in nine short months. Damn injuries.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 10:51 AM
if we run the table we will be the number 2 seed in the big 12

meaning Cotton Bowl at worst

madillsoonerfan5353
10/18/2009, 10:55 AM

+1 Four tuff games left and three on the road, this could get ugly IMO. I just hope we get some young guys playing time on D.

IronHorseSooner
10/18/2009, 11:12 AM
Man, the Big XII has some issues this year. Sadly, most of them can be attributed to either injuries or NCAA issues. OUr team and the Pokes are examples of that.

KU: They are *-light. Their OL is awful, and their D is average, at best. We should be able to put 21-24 on them and get out with a hard-fought win.

KSU: Better than I thought they would be, but they still lost to UL-LA, one of the worst teams in FBS. Also, it is at home.

Neb: This game may be 7-6. Their offense is worse than OUrs, and their D is good, but OUrs is better.

A&M: At home, and they are only moderately better than last year. They have been obliterated twice since their weak non-con schedule ended.

Tech: We may lose this one, as they are playing better with their back up QB. However, we tend to know what they are running.

OSU: This is the graduate-level exam for this team. IMHO, OSU is better than *, especially if they get Bryant and Hunter back. Their D is playing better, and if they beat *, they could be in championship-level talk. This game is on Senior Night in Norman, however. I think they save their best game for the last one this regular season.

My prediction is 9-3. I agree with those on here who believe that this will be a rugged ride, but I think these guys have too much pride to pack it in.

No loss is acceptable as a Sooner, but we have lost 3 games by a total of 5 points, to three opponents who are all in the Top 20, and have a combined 2 losses amongst them. Again, this is a full blown rebuilding year, accept it as such, and watch the games to see how the n00bs grow. Whether we have Sam or The Stache next year, we will have the best overall QB in the conference next year, the best RB, and maybe the best WR. I don't think ALL of the guys who could go pro next year do on D, and evidenced by guys like Hurst, we have guys behind them who can be really good.

Blues1
10/18/2009, 12:23 PM
Sorry to say to this point Landry hasn't convinced me he can take this team to a 2nd place fiinish in the Big 12 South, but I could also see texas having real trouble with Mizzo and Okie state. That being said IT would real funny IF texas lose's one or two games during conference play.My best guess we make the Hoilday Bowl.~ I want to at least see a 8 win season and hopefully a Bowl Win,But a 7 and 6 record wouldn't surpise me at this time either.....Going Undefeated from this point on would be great, but I don't see it at this time...As we all can see this college football season is full of ton's of the "Unexpected".... I suspect we will see a lot more of *Strange Happenings* before The Bowls are filled......JMHO...!

In the mean time ~ Keep Rockin'

JLEW1818
10/18/2009, 12:49 PM
texas still has

@Missouri, @ Oklahoma State, @ aggy (Thanksgiving Night)

2006 anybody??? would be nice

but

not trying to be an ***, but we have a better chance to lose another game, when compared to the horns...