PDA

View Full Version : Is it just the fact that Sooner injuries are so recognized by me

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 09:25 PM
Is it just the fact that Sooner injuries are so recognized by me due to the fact that I'm a Sooner fan, or do we have more injuries occur to our players than do most teams?

I'll bet they have a site with this information but I've personally never seen one.

Sasakwa
10/17/2009, 10:07 PM
you just notice them more, do you have any idea how many VaTech players missed the GaTech game? I know I don't.

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 10:08 PM
Tech was missing two of their best lineman, one is an all-american.

Still... it was defense that couldn't handle the triple-option. My Hokie friends are mourning...

Lott's Bandana
10/18/2009, 07:34 AM
I'm starting to believe that our generation of very large, very fast athletes are so finely tuned that any abnormality to their normal range of motion tends to cause destruction to their "parts", similar to an old-school British sportscar.

The weight training and conditioning programs create a lean, sinewed, muscle and bone athlete that is almost brittle.

Like Mama, I wonder if there isn't statistical data to support numbers and types of injuries, compared to say...the 50's - 70's.

Sooner70
10/18/2009, 07:44 AM
Lotts B...that's interesting...it could very well be. I'm not sure about other teams injuries, because I pay attention to the Sooners more. It's one thing to have players out, but it's another to have KEY players out, and seems to me OU has had more than their share....ie. Gresham, Bradford. I guess an analogy would be, where would Texas be without Colt McCoy, or Florida without Tebow? Those teams haven't had to suffer that. Not taking anything away from Landry, 'cause I think he's doing a good job under difficult circumstances.