PDA

View Full Version : '01, '05, and '09...

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 08:58 PM
...have all been pretty similar. Granted this year the injuries are ridiculous. But it seems every 4 years (after a NCG appearance) some rebuilding is neccessary.

JLEW1818
10/17/2009, 09:16 PM
01 was 11-2

cotton bowl win

cvsooner
10/17/2009, 09:21 PM
And really should be expected, to some extent. It's frustrating this year. We're hampered by injuries, inexperience and ineptitude...the wrong I-formation of football teams. We're a good football team this year. Defense is pretty good, offense is fair. Special teams to a certain extent are very good and to another extent, not so much. I think we can play with anybody, but teams that are pretty good to very good will beat us. This season.

Sooner Among The Pack
10/17/2009, 11:01 PM
Yea, '01 we are a Jason White knee injury OR a Eric Crouch trick play OR a defensive play in the end zone against Okie State for playing for the Big XII title and, with a win, appearing against Miami in the Orange Bowl

Tear Down This Wall
10/18/2009, 01:38 AM
Common denominator: Those were all years in which we were breaking in new offensive linemen.

I've said before that the only real beef I have with Stoops and his coaching staff is that they don't get the backups enough real game experience during blowout wins.

Maybe there weren't too many blowout wins to get backups some viable game time in 2000. But, there certainly were plenty in 2004 and 2008.

You've always got to have an eye on the future. I think Stoops gets too caught up in getting awards and setting records. Heismans are nice. But, I'd trade both of the ones we've won on Bob's watch for the big glass footballs.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 01:55 AM
01 was 11-2

cotton bowl win
Well aware of past records and bowl results.

We still struggled like hell offensively. Offensive line was horrendous, and injuries to both of our QBs at some point. Though unlike this season, we did have a veteran group of receivers.