PDA

View Full Version : This loss just doesn't have that sting

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 08:30 PM
Of course, like the rest of you, I was so hoping we would win this game, but I honestly didn't see it happening. I haven't felt this way about a loss to texass in a very long time but this loss just didn't have that painful sting thats usually associated with knowing that they get to keep the Golden Hat. Instead I'm depressingly but comfortably numb.

I'm reduced to a mere shell of my regular passionate Sooner self. On this day I'm miserably left to hoping that Missouri beats oSu.

I think I need a vodka/Frangelico shot.

I hate this. :(

okiewaker
10/17/2009, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately the sting has worn off because the loss has become commonplace, unfortunately. Kinda sucks.:(

Petro-Sooner
10/17/2009, 08:55 PM
To be honest I wasnt really surprised at the loss. Figured it was going to be a close one. I think the other two losses help soften the blow for me.

CBUS_SOONER
10/17/2009, 08:58 PM
The lose stings pretty bad for me. I thought we should have won. Oh well, I have a great wife and 2 healthy boys...

JustLooking
10/17/2009, 09:05 PM
Living in Texas it stings pretty bad for me. Now I gotta shut them up with my fist instead...

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 09:07 PM
This one stings for me. So did the Miami one.

BYU, not so much. ?

Sasakwa
10/17/2009, 09:10 PM
It would have stung less if there wasn't a chance to win right up to the end.

S008NER
10/17/2009, 09:13 PM
The only thing right now that could be worse is if they play for and win an bcs mnc this year. I would rather we throw a game just to screw up their SOS then have them playing for an mnc.

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 09:15 PM
This one stings for me. So did the Miami one.

BYU, not so much. ? BYU stung bad for me. Miami...a little less. This one...not at all. The surprising thing, and what I don't quite understand is why didn't it sting? I don't even want to blame anyone, which is usually associated with the feeling of stingness. Its certainly no secret that my passion for the Sooners is as deep as the deepest ocean, so I just don't get it. Maybe I will be able to get a grip on my feelings about this once I've had time to sober up a little, after all I have had 3 Frangelico/Vodka shots today that started when we got home from the watch party.

It would have stung less if there wasn't a chance to win right up to the end. I knew that unlike OU, Texas is a major come back team so I had some serious doubts that we would be able to win when those teams went into the locker room at the half.

spatton713
10/17/2009, 09:39 PM
i totally agree....last year stung way worse...this year is not near as bad and I cant answer why

soonerinabilene
10/17/2009, 10:01 PM
The only thing right now that could be worse is if they play for and win an bcs mnc this year. I would rather we throw a game just to screw up their SOS then have them playing for an mnc.

The ONLY way they win the mnc is if things get really f*cked up and they play boise. florida, no. bama, hell no they wont score a point against that d, cincinatti no if pike is healthy, usc no.

soonerfan69
10/17/2009, 10:03 PM
they all sting but when they come to the hands of Texass they down right hurt

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 10:10 PM
We had our chances to put this game away. Both teams played very sloppily... 21 penalities, over 200 yards of them, and 8 turnovers.

They made very good halftime adjustments, especially on offense. We couldn't contain... and once Mack let McCoy loose to run the ball, they started getting several first down conversions.

Make adjustments, work with Landry and move on to the next game.

rainiersooner
10/17/2009, 10:24 PM
It doesn't sting because I didn't expect to win. That is what is really sad. The fact of the matter is that we're in a no man's land in terms of expectations. 2005 didn't sting that bad, because we understood we were rebuilding. If Sam, Jermaine, McCoy, and Williams had all declared for the draft - we would have had lesser expectations. It's almost as if they did (and yes, I know McCoy is playing lights out...but the other injuries still make my point).

So, I'm just trying to enjoy watching the team play and learn and grow.

It's kind of like coaching my 6 year old son's soccer team.

Curly Bill
10/17/2009, 10:27 PM
Losses sting more when they're unexpected, this one was not that.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/17/2009, 10:30 PM
I have a different view.

I hate losing to Texas as much as anybody, but for me this game didn't have the sting because our defense pwned Colt for most of it. I didn't want him to get hurt, but I did enjoy seeing him on his *** so frequently. And even with Bradford out we were still in it right up to the end. It heartens me that Bob went for it not once but twice on 4th down; better to gamble and lose once in a while than never gamble at all, which he hasn't seemed to be doing much of lately.

Special teams still need a lot of work and so does the offense, but factoring in the players' inexperience, we got very little to be ashamed of today IMHO.

A Sooner in Texas
10/17/2009, 10:39 PM
This one didn't sting too much; the worst pain is from Sam being re-injured and not knowing his future. The defense played its heart out, and Landry looked good. There's some happiness in knowing that Texas really didn't look like a powerhouse at all and they may even drop in the polls. The whorns' confidence has to be somewhat shaken.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2009, 10:51 PM
No sting for me because I felt the team played well with the players we had available. The be honest, I would be bummed right now even if we had won. Having Sam go down again for what is most likely the season just took it out of me. The season now really must be geared toward developing the young guys. We have a lot of young talent on the bench and, on paper, a great class coming in. We should be a legit top 5 team again soon.

misplacedsooner
10/17/2009, 10:58 PM
it stung me bad because i fully expected victory...byu stung, miami stung and if we lose again it will sting too but i will go into every game expecting a win...we are the oklahoma sooners....we dominate people...when we dont we find a way to win. in the few times we have lost over the past few seasons every one of them has been like a dagger to the heart for me.

10/18/2009, 12:54 AM
We'd be stupid as fans to expect the world every year. We're young and know we will be great next year. I think it's a good year to regroup and expect special things next year. That said, it would be great to win a decent bowl this year and move on. I'm not that worried about the future. Nothing has kept us down for very long.

Okie35
10/18/2009, 01:06 AM
Losses sting more when they're unexpected, this one was not that.

I agree I was content this whole game and after.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2009, 01:30 AM
The only thing right now that could be worse is if they play for and win an bcs mnc this year. I would rather we throw a game just to screw up their SOS then have them playing for an mnc.heh

misplacedsooner
10/18/2009, 01:32 AM
well damn it im not content!!! we should of had whorn ribs and brisket for dinner. we dominated most of the game. i still say we are MUCH better than our record shows...nobody in the nation would be begging to line it uo with our d !!! i cant see a team out there we couldnt play and beat if we play our game mistake free.

GKeeper316
10/18/2009, 01:59 AM
i honestly dont know whats worse...

that fact that we lost to texas... again

the fact the bradford's most likely seen his last day in a sooner uniform

the fact that we are a 3-3 team and out of the top 25

the fact that all three losses come from top 25 teams and that the combined margin of victory in all three games is 5 points.

sooner football... you can love it, but it wont always love you back. kinda like dating a german chick.

Okie35
10/18/2009, 02:08 AM
i honestly dont know whats worse...

that fact that we lost to texas... again

the fact the bradford's most likely seen his last day in a sooner uniform

the fact that we are a 3-3 team and out of the top 25

the fact that all three losses come from top 25 teams and that the combined margin of victory in all three games is 5 points.

sooner football... you can love it, but it wont always love you back. kinda like dating a german chick.

We'll be back in it after these next 3 wins.

PLaw
10/18/2009, 09:38 AM
For the past 39 years, any OU loss sucks, but I'm with you, this sting isn't debilitating like some others have been. Feels alot like 05, the Switzer losses from about 80-84, and the dark 90's period.

Let's face it - at OU any loss is a big deal where dominating wins are the standard and you expect to be playing for a national championhsip.

BOOMER

TXBOOMER
10/18/2009, 10:16 AM
We'd be stupid as fans to expect the world every year. We're young and know we will be great next year. I think it's a good year to regroup and expect special things next year. That said, it would be great to win a decent bowl this year and move on. I'm not that worried about the future. Nothing has kept us down for very long.

We lose Williams, Simmons, Eldridge and Clapp(OUr best four O Blockers). We don't have a proven QB, we are limited at WR and do not have a productive TE. On Defense we lose Clayton, Moore, English, Jackson and Reynolds. McCoy and Beal will opt for the draft. I don't see great next year but I like your optimism.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2009, 10:20 AM
For the past 39 years, any OU loss sucks, but I'm with you, this sting isn't debilitating like some others have been. Feels alot like 05, the Switzer losses from about 80-84, and the dark 90's period. And, for the more senior members of this board, the 1960's...IOW, the last 60 or so years.

Let's face it - at OU any loss is a big deal where dominating wins are the standard and you expect to be playing for a nataional championhsip.

BOOMER fixed up