PDA

View Full Version : Did a Texas player take a shot at Landry's throat

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 08:11 PM
after a play?

I must've missed the play.

Hotrod3157
10/17/2009, 08:15 PM
I didn't get a chance to back up the dvr and watch it a few more times but on play a Texas defender worked him over pretty well but he did get flagged for it.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 08:19 PM
Expected from the longhorns. Just like they were cheering when Bradford went down.

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 08:33 PM
Expected from the longhorns. Just like they were cheering when Bradford went down. Oh my Gawd. Thats horrid. I can hardly wait to hear from the Sooner folks who were there. Texas P'sOS. :mad:

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 08:36 PM
Oh my Gawd. Thats horrid. I can hardly wait to hear from the Sooner folks who were there. Texas P'sOS. :mad:

I mean it was on a sack so I can see cheering, but it seemed like it went on a bit too long. It was like they were happy they didn't have to face such a good QB and they did care that he was seriously hurt.

rawlingsHOH
10/17/2009, 08:54 PM
Anyone have the time and quarter of the choke attempt?

colinreturn
10/17/2009, 08:56 PM
Expected from the longhorns. Just like they were cheering when Bradford went down.

were they actually cheering for bradford hurt, or for the sack? could you tell?

CBUS_SOONER
10/17/2009, 09:07 PM
On TV is sure seemed like they cheered because Sam got hurt. They cheered the whole time he was rolling around on the ground. BTW I also like how Colt after the game had to tell the nation how sick he was all week... joke

Eielson
10/17/2009, 09:28 PM
I mean it was on a sack so I can see cheering, but it seemed like it went on a bit too long. It was like they were happy they didn't have to face such a good QB and they did care that he was seriously hurt.

We cheered during the Texas Tech game three years ago when we heard Colt McCoy was hurt. This was even with Manuel Johnson laying on the ground injured.

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 09:38 PM
We cheered during the Texas Tech game three years ago when we heard Colt McCoy was hurt. This was even with Manuel Johnson laying on the ground injured.
Here at my home we never cheer when any player gets hurt.

ocsooner
10/17/2009, 09:42 PM
The *saxet player grabbed Landry by the throat and whipped him around to the ground. The other hand was out in the air, and not on Landry. That had to hurt.

This was one of several plays that got a PF, but in my opinion missed the ejection that it deserved. If the refs say they want to control the dirty play, then the dirty players need to leave the game, not stay around to do it again and not get caught.

Eielson
10/17/2009, 09:54 PM
Here at my home we never cheer when any player gets hurt.

I was referring to inside our stadium.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 09:56 PM

I don't remember being happy that someone was hurt. I do sometimes joke about players getting injured, but I have not ever once disrespected a player or its fan base by cheering when a player was down on the field.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 09:58 PM

I was at that game and I don't remember them anouncing that Colt was injured. I didn't even think he got injured during that game. I do remember cheering after seeing them down by 19 at half or w/e it was.

Eielson
10/17/2009, 10:05 PM
I was at that game and I don't remember them anouncing that Colt was injured. I didn't even think he got injured during that game. I do remember cheering after seeing them down by 19 at half or w/e it was.

It happened.

MamaMia
10/17/2009, 10:07 PM
It happened.
Nobody cheered where I was sitting when that happened. I've been going to OU games for decades and I don't remember anyone ever cheering when a player went down, away or at home.

jumperstop
10/17/2009, 10:07 PM
Well I was not part of that. You can cheer other players getting injured, I won't.

Sasakwa
10/17/2009, 10:10 PM
Its cool, his stache protected him.

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 10:12 PM
Did he grow his 'stache back? I thought I saw it after he looked up at the video board with his second interception.

ocsooner
10/17/2009, 10:14 PM
He has a beard without the 'stache. Looks kind of Amish. But cooler.

oulucas
10/17/2009, 10:16 PM
Oh my Gawd. Thats horrid. I can hardly wait to hear from the Sooner folks who were there. Texas P'sOS. :mad:

I was there. It was unmistakable. The horn fans cheered wildly while Sam was on the ground trying to get up. Made me sick.

TXBOOMER
10/17/2009, 10:18 PM

It won them the game. All anyone will remember is the Win in a few weeks. Their fans acted like they really accomplished something today. I guess if the shoe was on the other foot and we were 6 - 0 and they were 3 - 3 I would be happy as well. Oh well F those MF'ers!

Okie35
10/18/2009, 12:04 AM
I didn't see that but I did see a Texass player punch CB in the ribs while he was down already. It's expected though.

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 02:30 AM
The *saxet player grabbed Landry by the throat and whipped him around to the ground. The other hand was out in the air, and not on Landry. That had to hurt.

Yep.

TexasLidig8r
10/18/2009, 08:24 AM

What a load of unmitigated crap.

I was in Section 8.. row 23.

No one near me cheered at all. Naturally, we did when the sack happened... but when it was obvious Bradford was hurt.. it was more like.. "Damn. hope he's not hurt too badly and can come back this game."

But.. it's easier to make **** up on the internet though.:rolleyes:

BermudaSooner
10/18/2009, 09:16 AM

No one near me cheered at all. Naturally, we did when the sack happened... but when it was obvious Bradford was hurt.. it was more like.. "Damn. hope he's not hurt too badly and can come back this game."

Come on Lid--the Texas section was very very loud for a very long time while Sam was on the ground. I was expecting to hear the band break into "Working on the Railroad" or "OU Sucks."

It was dead quiet in the OU half, and very loud on the Texas side for at least a minute while Bradford was down. It then started to get louder on the OU side as OU fans started to yell at the Texas side for cheering.

BermudaSooner
10/18/2009, 09:17 AM
oops, double post

BermudaSooner
10/18/2009, 09:17 AM

Come on Lid--the Texas section was very very loud for a very long time while Sam was on the ground. I was expecting to hear the band break into "Working on the Railroad" or "OU Sucks."

It was dead quiet in the OU half, and very loud on the Texas side for at least a minute while Bradford was down. It then started to get louder on the OU side as OU fans started to yell at the Texas side for cheering.

BermudaSooner
10/18/2009, 09:18 AM

rawlingsHOH
10/18/2009, 03:30 PM

There was cheering after the sack, and then moments later the crowd erupts again when the see Bradford is hurt.

Don't worry about it. It would be the same if McCoy went down!!

prrriiide
10/18/2009, 03:39 PM
To answer the OP, a texass DL came through our OL sieve and basically grabbed LJ by the throat and threw him to the ground. Got a PF flag on it, but I agree that he should have been sent to the showers. Just like Kirkendoll when he HELMET-BUTTED QC right in front of the official and Slack. He also get the PF and some jawboning from Slack, but that was flagrant enough to send him to the locker room. As I'm sure would have been the case had that been an OU player.

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:00 PM

This.

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:01 PM

This.

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:01 PM

This.

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:02 PM

This.

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:03 PM
Somethings going on here. That wasnt intended.

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:04 PM

Petro-Sooner
10/18/2009, 04:04 PM